FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jennifer McCreight -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Discussions in this subforum are hidden from search engines.

However, they are not hidden from automobile engines, including the newer, more "environmentally-friendly" electric and hybrid engines. Also, please note that this subforum is meant to be used for discussion of the actual biographical articles themselves; more generalized discussions of BLP policy should be posted in the General Discussion or Bureaucracy forums.

> Jennifer McCreight, thins one's extra-stinky
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Need an example of Wikipedia being used to troll a science blogger?

Jennifer_McCreight (T-H-L-K-D)
and Boobquake (T-H-L-K-D)......

The AFD.
Her blog post.

Is that stupid enough for you? Read the Boobquake talkpage for more.....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 15th October 2011, 12:27am) *

Need an example of Wikipedia being used to troll a science blogger?

Jennifer_McCreight (T-H-L-K-D)
and Boobquake (T-H-L-K-D)......

The AFD.
Her blog post.

Is that stupid enough for you? Read the Boobquake talkpage for more.....

You think a person who arranges for permission for an image of herself to be used on WP is being trolled? Who do you think started the article?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 14th October 2011, 10:07pm) *
You think a person who arranges for permission for an image of herself to be used on WP is being trolled? Who do you think started the article?

She didn't start it, JoshuaZ did--as a redirect to Boobquake. Then an IP address turned it into a
very small article, then Disavian (T-C-L-K-R-D) wrote 90% of the present article.

And as you see in her blog, she didn't like the end-result but didn't have the guts to change it herself, because COI! COI!

All of this is stupid. The articles, the arguments over the articles, the subject's reaction to the articles,
the publicity she chased after, and especially the collapsed part of the AFD. Gamaliel rides again.

Given the presumption that most of her readers are sympathetic, I'm afraid it's also possible that Miss McCreight is engaging in off-site canvassing. Agricola44 (talk) 15:17, 14 October 2011 (UTC).
BLP discussions are not appropriate forums for speculative allegations against the subject of the article. Gamaliel (talk) 16:21, 14 October 2011 (UTC)

Sorry, but WP:CANVAS is routinely called-out in all AfDs, whenever it is detected, although I'll note that I did not make an accusation. I only raised the possibility – because this case is unusual in that we do not typically have web-savvy subjects commenting on their own AfDs off-site in real time. I don't know whether you've read the blog post. But there is, in fact, a suggestive excerpt written by Miss McCreight, "It’s also weird finding things wrong with my article and not being able to fix it, due to the rules about not editing stuff where you have conflicts of interests. I won the Undergraduate Student Research Award from the American Society of Mammlogists, not Microbiologists! And then there are other awards I’ve won that don’t have documentation available on the internet, and therefore get lost in No Citation land. Oh well." This passage expresses dissatisfaction with the situation and supplies information to presumably sympathetic readers who could get involved in this AfD. If this were her intention, it would absolutely be considered canvassing. I don't think it's possible to know, but I think we should ask Miss McCreight, if she is reading this, for the courtesy to reserve any further comments on her own blog regarding this AfD until after it closes. Thanks, Agricola44 (talk) 16:40, 14 October 2011 (UTC).

Since you've used your response to expand on your allegation tenfold, I've collapsed this discussion. Commenting on something is not canvassing, correcting errors is not canvassing. When the subject of the article actually does something that constitutes canvassing, you can call it out here. Until then, please keep unsubstantiated speculation regarding living individuals to yourself. Thank you. Gamaliel (talk) 17:25, 14 October 2011 (UTC)

I'm sorry that you've mis-interpreted legit AfD discussion (twice now) as "allegation". If it makes you feel better to obscure this from others, so be it. Best, Agricola44 (talk) 18:48, 14 October 2011 (UTC).

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 15th October 2011, 5:29am) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Fri 14th October 2011, 10:07pm) *

She didn't start it, JoshuaZ did--as a redirect to Boobquake. Then an IP address turned it into a
very small article, then Disavian (T-C-L-K-R-D) wrote 90% of the present article.

And as you see in her blog, she didn't like the end-result but didn't have the guts to change it herself, because COI! COI!

An IP started the article on McCreight, although you are correct that JoshuaZ created the actual page with that name. Where is McCreight from again? Oh yeah - Chicago. That IP just happens to locate to the University of Chicago. And someone claiming to be McCreight made a comment using an IP that locates to Schaumberg, Illinois. I'm also assuming that the Seattle IP that added her birthday was her or someone who knows her very well. I think you misread the situation.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)