FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Cool Hand Luke arbcom election -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Cool Hand Luke arbcom election
Littleunknownadmin

Group: Contributors

Cool Hand Luke seems to have the experience for the job, being in the project since almost the beginning. But looking at his responses to the questions, it seemed way too controversial, including one statement in which he will desyrop a admin working for the OTRS if he wheel-wars and another which says that he wants to abolish [[WP:SOCK]]. Other replies to questions are just as poor. Those kind of statements will if a voter will even look at the questions first before voting. This one has been the shocker candidacy so far, what do you guys think.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

Group: Contributors
From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

WP:CANVAS is one the bulwarks of reaction and maintenance of the the dysfunctional social networking community on Wikipedia. To the extent that the "community" has any ability to carry out basic reforms (not much at all if you ask me) that ability would reside least in the geek-wonk kool-aiders that frequent non-mainspace discussion and most in the moderate editors who occassionally work on articles and don't get over-involved drama and politics. Any activity that would get these "moderate" Wikipedians involved would almost certainly result in violations of WP:Canvassing. Without these types of violations any "election" or "consensus" on WP will remain in the hands of the most over-involved and whoever wanders in.

Of course engaging these potentially more progressive voters is not what One has done here. He has only asked via email at least one of the most ardent kool-aiders who already voted to re-vote tactically in a manner that would benefit himself. This might violate WP:CANVAS but not in the progressive manner I described. Oddly this might actually amount to some kind of defense in bizarro world of Wikipedia

One has shown himself to be...well...very motivated to get his butt on ArbCom. I believe that this accounts for his "WR is dead...long live One's New Review" thread that he recently started. This is the incident that lead to my "Fucking Ingrate" comment that One finds now so very useful to include in his WR sig. He has also found recent occasion to revisit on this forum pro-Wales comments he made. This is useful to him because he will need to gain Mr. Wales trust in order to secure the "blessing of the god-king" that is the final hurdle assuring that anyone getting on ArbCom is completely useless. I am not surprised to see that he might have played fast and loose with some internal rule of Wikipedia.
+Quote Post
The Wales Hunter

Hackenslasher

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Thu 11th December 2008, 2:23pm) *

One has shown himself to be...well...very motivated to get his butt on ArbCom. I believe that this accounts for his "WR is dead...long live One's New Review" thread that he recently started. This is the incident that lead to my "Fucking Ingrate" comment that One finds now so very useful to include in his WR sig. He has also found recent occasion to revisit on this forum pro-Wales comments he made. This is useful to him because he will need to gain Mr. Wales trust in order to secure the "blessing of the god-king" that is the final hurdle assuring that anyone getting on ArbCom is completely useless. I am not surprised to see that he might have played fast and loose with some internal rule of Wikipedia.

I agree with you, as I've suggested above, but my hope remains CHL/One is merely pretending to be a model Wikipedian in order to get elected, then will revert to his true, unblinkered and very able colours.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Littleunknownadmin   Cool Hand Luke arbcom election  
Kato   I may as well "spam" my reply to your th...  
sarcasticidealist   Well this certainly ups the drama - Neil, One, eit...  
Alison   Well this certainly ups the drama - Neil, One, ei...  
Neil   If One/CHL indicates, I'm happy to post the en...  
Aloft   This e-mail was sent by user "Cool Hand Luke...  
sarcasticidealist   This e-mail was sent by user "Cool Hand Luke...  
Aloft   [quote name='Aloft' post='146527' date='Thu 11th ...  
sarcasticidealist   I've posted some comments here. I think Neil ...  
Neil   This e-mail was sent by user "Cool Hand Luke...  
Neil   [quote name='Aloft' post='146527' date='Thu 11th ...  
sarcasticidealist   [quote name='Aloft' post='146527' date='Thu 11th...  
Viridae   Ali can you check sent emails please?  
Random832   Neil, Sarcasticidealist, did either of you check t...  
The Wales Hunter   Does WP:CANVASS actually apply when the vote is a ...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='GlassBeadGame' post='146561' date='T...  
One   Wales might well want to err on the safe side in ...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='GlassBeadGame' post='146569' date='T...  
One   How many times do you suppose I would have posted ...  
GlassBeadGame   How many times do you suppose I would have posted...  
Lar   GBG: I can't figure out what really irks you t...  
GlassBeadGame   GBG: I can't figure out what really irks you ...  
Kelly Martin   What irks me here is One's willingness to disr...  
Somey   I see no evidence that One is disrupting this foru...  
Lifebaka   there are still people on Wikipedia who think we...  
Milton Roe   Unless of course, you actually just want WP to fa...  
One   :) GRAWP as Ragnar Danneskjöld. ;) Heh. I ...  
GlassBeadGame   :) GRAWP as Ragnar Danneskjöld. ;) Heh. I...  
Lar   :) GRAWP as Ragnar Danneskjöld. ;) Nod... ...  
One   GBG, I'm sincerely unhappy with the way the si...  
One   Incidentally, I never did understand why Littleunk...  
everyking   What I find more disappointing is that someone has...  
One   This exchange also speaks for itself.  
Moulton   A Boston Yankee in King Jimbo's Court Hollywo...  
Anonymous editor   He just got opposed by an Azerbaijani editor. Bunc...  
everyking   Amusingly, in the time since Neil made this allega...  
Viridae   Neils allegations do not stack up to reality. The ...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)