FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Geogre's Daily Kos Diary -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Geogre's Daily Kos Diary, Administration: Lashes (L)earned from my Wikipedia Years
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

Administration: Lashes (L)earned from my Wikipedia Years

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/06/13/9...-Years?via=user

Some interesting points there. I'm glad to see Geogre (T-C-L-K-R-D) is still kicking. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Edit: Could a mod change "Dairy" to "Diary?" (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Ouch:
The moment people make vandal protection their jobs or count these efforts as their credentials, things have gone wrong, very wrong. The person is offering up skills that are unrelated, in essence, to the site. They are not user content, are not to the purpose of the site, and are socially corrosive, as they foster a world that must be populated by enemies. A vandal hunter will never accept "all is well" as a verdict. The job may be necessary, but it is necessary as a function of site maintenance, not site function. The function is the cause people assemble around.
The only administrators who should be working at user-generated content sites should be the tribe of Cincinnatus. As with American democracy, the story of Cincinnatus is central. The reason is simple: those attackers, distractors, and detractors, and especially the professionals, have no problem becoming administrators. Additionally, people with a strong desire to be important are dangerous to others. People who want to be powerful online are sometimes exorcising demons of their personal lives, and this usually ends in tears.
Because nuts are plentiful in the dish, people would miss, often, the meats. In fact, haughty and juvenile administrators would sometimes fail to investigate at all and thus create vandals out of users.

Looks good to me. Now, if only some of those wiki-flakes would read it.

Thus, it's kind of irritating to know that I wrote the article on Orrmulum there, and I had a citation at the end of every flippin' line that needed one, and then some spiteful jackal removed them and slapped a "citations needed" tag on it.

Sure enough, he and that idiot Jalwikip got into it in 2007 over inline cites. And more rulebook-throwers showed up in 2010.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)