FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Who is AGK? -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who is AGK?, brand new arbitrator
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

Let's take a look at this new arbitrator. I now know his real name and identity, which are not particularly relevant here.

What is relevant is his age - born November 1990, which means he was 15 when he first joined Wikipedia, and 17 when he became an administrator at his second attempt. An extraordinarily rapid rise to power, now a member of the Arbitration committee having just turned 21.

Joining in early 2006, he showed a desire to become an administrator immediately, saying to Flo Knight "I was brought up in a rough part of Glasgow, Scotland I feel my knowledge of the Scottish delinquent personality would be of use as a 'Hall Monitor' http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=43600120, and then at editor review - "I think I may want Adminship, but I am worried I have been with Wikipedia for too short a time despite the fact that Adminship is the one thing I want most on Wikipedia! Please leave comments or advice about how I am doing, and whether or not I should go for Adminship. Also, if I did go for it would you honestly vote for me or not??? Thank you very much." http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=69211753

Shows commendable dedication to the cause by his 'vandal fighting'. "Your new Wikipediaholic Score First of all, how did your score climb SO QUICKLY? How is it even possible to score that high if you're not Jimbo Wales? By the way, you made some errors in the ranking, like labelling 2nd as 2st, 3rd as 3nd, and 4th as 4rd. I have fixed them. AstroHurricane001 22:11, 18 October 2006 (UTC)"

Also shows commendable ambition in his attempts to climb the ranks.

December 27, 2006: adds himself http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=95877655 to the standby list for CheckUser clerks. Not yet granted.
December 29, 2006: requests http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Med...ons/Anthony_cfc to join the mediation committee. Denied.
December 31, 2006: requests http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...93&oldid=503873 OTRS access. Not granted.
January 9, 2007: requests http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...ev&oldid=509373 CheckUser access. Denied.
January 16, 2007: attempts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...uest_for_Access to gain access to the Bot Approvals Group. Denied.

In February, his first application for RfA was turned down http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...hip/Anthony_cfc . The comments are highly intersesting. "An interesting note is that every one of the powers he's applied to is one that Essjay holds; this seems almost like a form of wiki-stalking. In short, I think Anthony cfc just wants any power he can possibly get, and that's never a good trait in administrators. I do not trust him to handle the tools properly. Ral315 (talk) 02:57, 9 February 2007 (UTC)"

Aso, in a bizarre request on another wiki in May 2007 http://wiki.editthis.info/Wiki/Special:Contributions/Shmm, he simultaneously joins and asks for administrator rights. He is turned down flat, although objects that "The fact I'm a Bureaucrat on a Wikimedia Foundation wiki, as well as the Developer for a private Wiki, surely seals the deal? --Shmm 17:26, 1 May 2007 (EDT)", adding "I have a sincere desire to protect this Wiki, as I have being protecting others of the Wikimedia Foundation --Shmm 15:17, 2 May 2007 (EDT)"

Is that true? Since that was before his second successful RfA, on what WMF wiki did he have Bureaucrat rights, in May 2007??

His user page talks about an interest in and knowledge of classical studies, but his main work on Wikipedia seems to have been 'gnoming'. His work on Good Articles is mostly minor changes to grammar (sometimes making it worse), or linking or applying templates or other inconsequential stuff. (I haven't checked that carefully, however, so take that with a grain of salt for now).

Is this the kind of arbitrator Wikipedia needs?

This post has been edited by Peter Damian:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 1st January 2012, 12:54pm) *

Is this the kind of arbitrator Wikipedia needs?

Absolutely! It's very fitting.
+Quote Post
melloden

Group: Contributors

I think most kids on Wikipedia are like that. Someone point out a fifteen-year-old Wikipediot that wasn't obsessed with being an admin at first.

I think it's interesting he was elected to the mediation committee in 2007. Until recently, I think he was the chair of that, too.

Disproportionate number of Wikipedia-namespace edits, it seems. I couldn't imagine why.
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(melloden @ Sun 1st January 2012, 12:33pm) *
I think it's interesting he was elected to the mediation committee in 2007. Until recently, I think he was the chair of that, too.
The Mediation Committee does absolutely nothing of any value; the whole point of participating in it is as a stepping stone to the ArbCom.
+Quote Post
that one guy

Doesn't get it either.

Member No.: 5,935

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sun 1st January 2012, 1:02pm) *

The Mediation Committee does absolutely nothing of any value; the whole point of participating in it is as a stepping stone to the ArbCom.

Well it's hard to do something when all the results are non-binding.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sun 1st January 2012, 7:02pm) *

Steven Zhang is a coordinator of the mediation cabal... and I think he still wants to be an admin, too. Possible parallel?
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Posted without further comment. From AGK's request for "temporary" adminship on meta:
Apologies for the length of this (feel free to move it to the talk page if necessary), and apologies if some of it sounds choppy. Parts of this summary were cobbled together from other pages and discussions. Below is a list of most of the requests that AGK's made over the course of his time on Wikipedia; I'm sure I've missed a couple (and if I missed any requests where he was granted a right/position, I apologize):

December 27, 2006: adds himself to the standby list for CheckUser clerks. At the time, not granted.
December 29, 2006: requests to join the mediation committee. Denied.
December 31, 2006: requests OTRS access. Not granted.
January 9, 2007: requests CheckUser access. Denied.
January 16, 2007: attempts to gain access to the Bot Approvals Group. Denied.
February 9, 2007: requests adminship on the English Wikipedia. Not granted.
March 3, 2007: requests to join the Mediation Committee again. Denied.
March 6, 2007: requests to become an administrator at the Simple English Wikipedia. Denied, and he leaves that wiki soon afterward, indicating that he was editing there for the sole purpose of gaining adminship (though has since made some edits under his current username, AGK).
March 9, 2007: Adds self as CheckUser clerk, shortly after the process is made more open (previously, checkusers -- primarily Essjay -- added users themselves). I recall a conversation with Essjay before he left the site in which he told me that he did not wish for Anthony to become a clerk; this is of course hearsay, and Essjay can't back this up. However, Essjay privately, and to a lesser extent publicly, complained that many of the positions that Anthony/AGK applied for were positions that Essjay held, or positions under Essjay (i.e. CheckUser clerk), and that the requests seemed to him as a form of stalking.
April 4, 2007: requests OTRS access again; request withdrawn.
April 19, 2007: requests to become a coordinator of the Mediation Cabal via e-mail. Not granted.
April 27, 2007: requests adminship on the English Wikipedia for a second time. Granted this time; I voted Neutral.
May 18, 2007: requests to join the Mediation Committee for a third time. Granted; I was unable to register my opinion on his nomination before it closed.
May 23, 2007: becomes a VandalProof moderator.
May 24, 2007: Just a day later, removed as moderator by AmiDaniel, "due to complaints from a variety of sources".
July 24, 2007: requests OTRS access for a third time. Denied.
December 27, 2007: Named an Arbitration Committee Clerk (at the time, a trainee; since then he's been named a full clerk)
February 6, 2008: Named as an observer to the Working Group on ethnic and cultural edit wars.
February 11, 2008: requests OTRS access for a fourth time. Denied.
March 8, 2008: requests an account on the Foundation wiki. Request not yet acted upon.

AGK even admitted on March 5, 2007 that "I appeared power-hungry, and to an extent I was. Might I here point out that I have since eliminated all nominations from my mind - Adminship, etc.. - to concentrate on being permitted to formally mediate cases alongside a group of Wikipedians who I each hold in the highest respect, for one reason or another." The request to join MedCom was declined just hours later; he applied for adminship on the Simple English Wikipedia just a day afterward. I believe this speaks to AGK's hunger for power.

In response to Majorly and EVula, I have to admit that AGK has not abused these powers, though I feel that in some cases he's made poor judgments. As a fellow mediator (and a fairly unsuccess I don't feel comfortable judging his Mediation Committee actions, as a mediator emeritus, but I think AGK's handled some things rather poorly. For example, he was involved in a minor edit war with Daniel and I, regarding text on his userpage that was unquestionably copyrighted. He took offense that Daniel and I were involved, due to prior disputes we've had with him, and attacked us for that while acknowledging that we were right regarding the copyright status of the text. Moreover, he noted that he didn't have that great a grip on copyright issues, and "[had] not offered [himself] to OTRS for copyright queues". This is absolutely false; in July 2007, AGK's third OTRS request specifically notes that, at least initially "'I only wish to start helping out with permissions".

I feel that while he's a great contributor, he lacks the sensitivity to others to realize that some of his behavior can be extremely irritating, and in some cases can be interpreted as "wikistalking". Throughout Anthony/AGK's time on Wikipedia, he's seemed to follow in the footsteps of Essjay and Daniel. Both Essjay and Daniel have noted that AGK/Anthony has borrowed from their userpage design significantly; while it doesn't seem like the biggest concern, I can see where they could be concerned about confusion, and also how it could "weird them out".

More concerning, as noted above, is that many of the positions he's applied for were originally held by Essjay or Daniel. For example, in one of many coincidences, AGK first inquires about becoming a VandalProof moderator, just two days after Daniel becomes one. In early 2007, his requests to join the Mediation Committee, OTRS, CheckUser group, CheckUser clerk, and Bot Approvals Group were all presumably motivated by the fact that Essjay held each right. I wouldn't be worried about this, since it happened last year, except that it's still happening. Anthony asks for temporary Meta adminship less than four weeks after Daniel receives it for a different purpose -- another coincidence?

I guess to me, it's not a concern that AGK will do it wrong -- though he's had his troubles, I expect temporary adminship, to focus on MediaWiki messages only, is a task that is purely janitorial, and he should run into no trouble there. However, I find it troubling that it seems he treats these positions like trophies. I don't feel that encouraging this would be good for Wikimedia or for AGK, and I don't think that, given these concerns, the task he wishes to accomplish is that important that denying him adminship would adversely affect the Wikimedia mission. Ral315 (talk) 08:31, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

Seemed to have had a love affair with Essjay.

17:16, 2 March 2007 "Essjay works with Jimbo, so I'm sure he was appointed with Jimbo as informed as possible. In all honesty, this has been blown out of all proportion."

14:00, 3 March 2007 "Good evening; I respectfully beg to differ - at the end of the day, we are an encyclopedia: and that means articles. No articles have suffered because Essjay (incorrectly) stated he had a formalised qualification in the areas in question. At the end of the day, he is still very knowledgable in those areas; the edits he made to these articles are not degraded because he doesn't have letters after his name, and that's why this has been blown out of all proportion. The term disallusioned [sic] lynch mob was simply used as a metaphor to show that certain editors who haven't actually been directly affected are calling for him to be stripped of CheckUser, Oversight, Arbitrator, etc.. - from what I've seen, he's doing an excellent job on the ArbCom. Perhaps some should take a leaf out of Essjay's book and refrain from editing here until the room temperature has calmed down. Dixi, Anthonycfc [T • C] 14:00, 3 March 2007 (UTC)"

21:45, 3 March 2007 ""As I've been saying in another discussion, this is an encyclopedia - of articles. Simply because he doesn't have a string of letters after his name, does not mean his edits are of a secondary standard. The fact of the matter is, we cannot prove that had Essjay formalised his knowledge in this area (i.e. was a professer), his edits would have been of a higher standard; and it works the opposite way: claiming he was qualified when he was not, whilst not correct, does not mean his edits are null and void. Kind regards, anthonycfc [talk] 21:45, 3 March 2007 (UTC) Post script: I've renamed the header from "Shut up, you big babies" to "Achievements v. Controversy" because that was the subject of the first section post, for civility and WP:NPA purposes."

03:38, 4 March 2007 "You will be sorely missed my friend. While you probably won't get this, my best wishes go with you wherever you are. Good luck with Wikia, and to Mia (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) it is a shame the trolls won the battle..they won't win the war. Aeternum vale anthonycfc [talk] 03:38, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=112484352

+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 1st January 2012, 10:33pm) *

Seemed to have had a love affair with Essjay.

21:45, 3 March 2007 The fact of the matter is, we cannot prove that had Essjay formalised his knowledge in this area (i.e. was a professer), his edits would have been of a higher standard;

Just the fine sense of judgment that we need in an Arb.

What puzzles me is that genuine professionals such as Brad and Cas tolerate working with the Ephebocrats. How many of the other Arbs have the professional background or life experience to be able to make complex judgments about people?
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

How do we know that AGK isn't, in fact, Essjay?
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sun 1st January 2012, 10:45pm) *

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Sun 1st January 2012, 2:45pm) *

We don't, but it is doubtful. Too much evidence AGK's not an American, for one.

AGK's profile on AN/I is very telling--he's basically a Facebooker who creates virtually no
content, but constantly slimes and backstabs people he wasn't directly in dispute with.
There are almost no direct user complaints about AGK, because he hides behind other
admins when doing his dirty work. He likes to use Sandstein, Postlethwaite, YellowMonkey,
and other "evil patrollers" as his "cover". He lets the loudmouths and ban-freaks
take all the heat. If you want to say this makes a "good administrator", you can, but
I don't think he's a real "asset".

This is typical.
AGK swoops in, makes an offhand comment that matches with "cabal" attitudes, then runs away.
Leaving the others to argue pointlessly. (That's basically what Essjay was like.)

He's also spent a lot of time sucking up to Durova, Daniel, Ironholds, NY Brad, and....Alison.
You might ask her directly, for her impression of the lad.

A good example of a pure suck-up. Wikipedia DOES NOT need this guy, any more than it
needs the evil patrollers--he's helping to enable them.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 1st January 2012, 6:34pm) *
He's also spent a lot of time sucking up to Durova, Daniel, Ironholds, NY Brad...

Ewww...who would want to suck those characters? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 1st January 2012, 6:34pm) *
and....Alison.
You might ask her directly, for her impression of the lad.

Alison does impressions? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

I can do a fairly adequate Jimmy Stewart and a better-than-average Bob Hope. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sun 1st January 2012, 7:24pm) *

Alison does impressions? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

I can do a fairly adequate Jimmy Stewart and a better-than-average Bob Hope. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Welcome to my headache.

Join me, in the great misery of trying to do "research" on the un-researchable. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
(Most of it should be read in Pee-Wee Herman's voice. Seriously.)
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 1st January 2012, 11:34pm) *

A good example of a pure suck-up. Wikipedia DOES NOT need this guy, any more than it

Wikipedia can't survive without people like AGK. They need someone who doesn't actually improve the encyclopedia to be in charge of the people that do. Aren't most admins like this, anyway?
+Quote Post
Cla68

Postmaster

QUOTE(melloden @ Mon 2nd January 2012, 5:44am) *

Wikipedia can't survive without people like AGK. They need someone who doesn't actually improve the encyclopedia to be in charge of the people that do. Aren't most admins like this, anyway?

I don't understand how anyone can find WP participation fulfilling if they don't actually complete a few articles. Otherwise, what else is there that shows you have actually done anything that might be of benefit to someone?
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Mon 2nd January 2012, 12:14pm) *

I don't understand how anyone can find WP participation fulfilling if they don't actually complete a few articles. Otherwise, what else is there that shows you have actually done anything that might be of benefit to someone?

I think AGK's early comments demonstrate that he imagines Wikipedia is all this knowledge sitting there, a bit like ancient Rome before the Goths and the Vandals, and that his contribution is the heroic fighting of vandals, to prevent the collapse of the empire. The idea that there was nothing worth protecting has not yet occurred to him.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(melloden @ Mon 2nd January 2012, 5:44am) *

Leveling up, perhaps?

If you put something vague like "volunteer response team at Wikimedia Foundation" on your resume, I doubt anyone would be able to verify what you actually do there. Or "steward for Wikimedia," not as if that means anything to anyone else in the world, but it makes people think you're important and have benefited people.
+Quote Post
Fusion

Mr Cla, you are the best sort of WP editor, there to try to benefit mankind and (I imagine) without any great POV to push. Few indeed are as you are. Many are not in it to benefit anyone else. They just seek an ego trip. Or they just like correcting spelling errors.
+Quote Post
Casliber

QUOTE(Fusion @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 8:39am) *

......Or they just like correcting spelling errors.

I just had this idea for a competition of sorts....I wonder about the weirdest typo and how many catches it could catch. I've seen loads of folks correcting common ones, but maybe coming up some weird ones like "atnidisestablishmentarianism" or "hexocyannoferrate" and see how many guffs a bot (or person) can catch......has anyone played this game before?
Cas
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

20:06, 2 June 2010 AGK (talk | contribs) blocked GiacomoReturned (talk | contribs) (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 16 hours ‎ (Personal attacks (and repeated restoration thereof).)

22:32, 2 June 2010 LessHeard vanU (talk | contribs) unblocked GiacomoReturned (talk | contribs) ‎ (No discussion found, thus no consensus, and blocking admin was involved in discussion leading to block - "odious" is used by WP, so not forbidden.)

+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

Or "steward for Wikimedia,"

Sounds like someone that comes around with the tea and biscuits.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(lilburne @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 7:18am) *

Or "steward for Wikimedia,"
Sounds like someone that comes around with the tea and biscuits.

That would be "useful and honorable work". People who do "useful and honorable work" on WP tend to be guys like Giano and Malleus---"troublemakers".
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

Ugh, aside from Geni and what's his face, AGK was the one I was genuinely worried about (that is, more than average).

I think I was right.

And how in the world is this a "good article"? After reading it I barely have an idea of what happened. What the hell is a "unique footage of insanity"? I mean, the phrase sounds cool in a song-lyrics kind of way, but in an encyclopedia article?

This post has been edited by radek:
+Quote Post
Ottava

Ãœber Pokemon

QUOTE(Casliber @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 2:47am) *

I just had this idea for a competition of sorts....I wonder about the weirdest typo and how many catches it could catch. I've seen loads of folks correcting common ones, but maybe coming up some weird ones like "atnidisestablishmentarianism" or "hexocyannoferrate" and see how many guffs a bot (or person) can catch......has anyone played this game before?
Cas

Nerd. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 24,428

QUOTE(radek @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 11:28pm) *

Whatever happened to "everyone has a say" and discussions being "open to anyone"? Why is an open project becoming more and more closed? First, they use WP:CANVASS in order to discourage off-site discussions, and now this.

Also, isn't it obvious that users interested in the topics being discussed are also the ones who want to see disputes regarding those topics resolved and handled properly while users not interested in those topics aren't insightful enough about the problem and don't care about how it's resolved?

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez:
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Wed 4th January 2012, 7:31am) *
Also, isn't it obvious that users interested in the topics being discussed are also the ones who want to see disputes regarding those topics resolved and handled properly while users not interested in those topics aren't insightful enough about the problem and don't care about how it's resolved?
Isn't that another way of saying that people interested in and knowledgeable about a topic inevitably have a conflict of interest regarding it and therefore ought not edit it at all?

It has long been Wikipedia policy that articles should only be edited by people who are utterly ignorant of the topic.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Wed 4th January 2012, 1:31pm) *

Whatever happened to "everyone has a say" and discussions being "open to anyone"? Why is an open project becoming more and more closed? First, they use WP:CANVASS in order to discourage off-site discussions, and now this.

There's a small difference between "everyone has a say" and "we care about your say."
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 4th January 2012, 6:09am) *
It has long been Wikipedia policy that articles should only be edited by people who are utterly ignorant of the topic.
Or who are willing to pretend they are.

+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 24,428

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=469457721

I see that AGK is open to criticism </sarcasm>

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez:
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Sun 1st January 2012, 8:54pm) *

His user page talks about an interest in and knowledge of classical studies, ...

Did he ever mention any particular area of expertise in classical studies?

Looking at his early contribution history it was pretty much minor edits to do with Glasgow and railways before he focused exclusivley on admin work. I don't see any classics edits and I wonder if he has an alternative account for those.

Can anyone point me to any academic research on users like AGK who are exclusively concerned to police Wikipedia? I can't understand their mindset.

This post has been edited by FightingMac:
+Quote Post
Detective

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Fri 15th June 2012, 10:59am) *

Can anyone point me to any academic research on users like AGK who are exclusively concerned to police Wikipedia? I can't understand their mindset.

You can't? Basically, these are people who don't have much going for them in real life. They need something to raise their self-esteem. At best, they see helping Wikipedia as a way of doing something useful and productive (they think); unable to do much on the content side, they can at least do "janitor" jobs. At worst, of course, they are bullies. I'm sure that AGK is towards the good end of the spectrum.
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Detective @ Fri 15th June 2012, 2:34pm) *

... Basically, these are people who don't have much going for them in real life. They need something to raise their self-esteem. At best, they see helping Wikipedia as a way of doing something useful and productive (they think); unable to do much on the content side, they can at least do "janitor" jobs. At worst, of course, they are bullies. I'm sure that AGK is towards the good end of the spectrum.

Well, I suppose that's right, but I still don't understand what attracts them to a project for which they have no natural affiliation whatsoever. AGK simply hasn't added anything to the project of any substance at all. Cambuslang railway station appears to be the apex of his ambitions as a content contributor. So why should he want to police Wikipedia, and more to the point why does Wikipedia let him?

I imagine an anorak without a brain cell in his head, I'm sure that's right from what I've seen of his edits, and yet he's at the top of the Wikipedia hierarchy, and one moreover at the heart of this shadowy and distinctly suspect paedocracy that we know has taken over Wikipedia and which no one ought to feel comfortable about, especially in the light of the Essjay affair. How many more fantasist jesuit administrators are there in there, comfy tucked into the closet skirting board, mentoring obviously naive and impressionable youth like AGK one wonders?

I can't see any good coming of any of that. I can't imagine why anyone with any common sense can presently feel comfortable about entrusting their privacy to Wikipedia when it's run by types like these, nor indeed can I imagine why fellow administrators of old would want to associate with people like these. I honestly can't fathom it. What on earth can be the attraction? Types like AGK are exactly the sort of persons I make any excuse to avoid.

I do think people like AGK should be outed. In general I don't think Wikipedia ought to be administered by anonymous names. If they're mature enought to take on that role, then they should be mature enough to take public responsibility for their actions. But when the individual involved is so nakedly suspect, as here, then their motivation and background should certainly be more closely examimed.

Every year it gets worse and worse, this policing thing in Wikipedia. Regarding vandalism, the cure is now far worse than the disease ever was. It is beyond me why people are so equanimous about the phenomena. I find these people quite simply repulsive.

I do wish one of our Brit red tops (I mean the popular press in the UK) took an interest in all this and outed a few of these characters. Really in the public interest, because in practice there is no protection for juvenile editors in Wikipedia beyond well-intentioned advice about guarding their privacy (but that just serves to strengthen the anonymity of those who seek to prey on them).
+Quote Post
Shalom

Ãœber Member

AGK's old username is Anthony cfc. Who knows what cfc stands for, I do not know.

Why not spill all the beans, Peter Damian? What do you lose?
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Shalom @ Mon 18th June 2012, 2:32am) *

AGK's old username is Anthony cfc. Who knows what cfc stands for, I do not know.

Why not spill all the beans, Peter Damian? What do you lose?

I should imagine "cfc" stands for "Congregatio Fratrum Christianorum" (see [[Congregation of Christian Brothers]] ) in Wikipedo, but that is surmise of course. I should think that is the origin of the "classics" remark. It's a tease (tee-hee).

My great-aunt Jemima, who is not greatly pleased with AGK's recent administrations on her behalf, has enlisted the support of certain persons skilled in these matters and I expect she will be in a position to counsel him in due course.

We must be compassionate, as he is very likely a victim of sexual abuse and crudely outing him as you suggest would be cruel and unnecessary in the circumstances. But of course there may well be public interest issues involved as well that need balancing.

Whatever the outcome, AGK will plainly never enjoy bragging rights. I'm not sure he quite understands the effect of what he does. He says he comes from a tough Glasgow background. I do not believe this. I suspect that is fantasy. You can come from Glasgow and still be a very tender flower indeed. If he really did, he would know that the sort of thing he allows himself on Wikipedo is something not very dissimilar to marching into one of those eponymous (a Wikipedo word, fucked if I know what it means) sawdust strewn public bars doon the Gorbals of old, picking some tough looking docker type whomever, and ordering the barman not to serve him because he has reason to believe he hasn't paid his council tax whatever and anyway he looks like a pedo obviously.

In the real world , Anthony dear boy, you don't survive doing stuff like that.
+Quote Post
FightingMac

I can add a little more to this now.

First of all, it might be of interest to note that one of AGK's comments noted in Peter Damian's opening contribution in this thread, the one about his being brought up in a tough district of Glasgow and his odd remark that knowledge of the 'delinquent personality' might come in useful, has been revision deleted from its history. What the significance of that might be I know not, but I suspect it is because he is caught out in a fantasy. There are indeed rather a lot of these revision deletions in Anthony's contribution history.

This is his first unsuccessful RfA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...hip/Anthony_cfc which was refused, and this is his second successful http://en.wikipedia.g-webs.com/wiki/Wikipe...r_adminship/AGK.

The first carries a prominent pull-quote reservation from his mentor Essjay (indicative of the influence he waged at the time that it survived), and in addition there are significant comments referencing AGK's self-confessed bi-polar condition. The second refers not at all to his bi-polar condition but does record how proud he is of Cambuslang railway station where he drafted in the combined resources of no less than four editors ... well you have to (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif).

The bi-polar stuff is interesting because AGK permanently blocked a user RobvanderWaal (I must declare an interest, Rob is 'family') who had been waging a personal crusade against the hijacking by Major depressive disorder of Vincent van Gogh's (also 'family' I should declare, strange but true if only rather distantly) painting At Eternity's Gate as an icon of mental distress. In fact the painting, as its article (contributed mostly by Rob who briefly became a wikiaddict before coming to his senses), not to mention its title, makes clear, is an image of sanctity. When Rob came to query it on Major depressive disorder (the intellectual property is seems of that well known slimebag Casliber, who has also made a typically stupid and immature remark in this thread I notice) he was hounded by a user Basalisk, apparently a Swansea schoolboy passing himself off a physician. When Rob exposed this editor's pretensions (amongst other things Basalisk announced his putative success in his final medical examinations with the triumphant salutation "I'm a doctor now, bitches"), Rob was blocked by AGK for being a sock of Rinpoche (erm ... also 'family', oh well that's family for you i.e you tend to be related to other people because of it and for no other good reason, which is really so totally unfair and arbitrary).

Quite apart from any issues to do with van Gogh's legacy, the issue is important from a medical point of view; in the first place because iconising van Gogh's painting in this way romanticizes suicide, but far worse because it also reinforces the well known fallacy that people who suffer clinical depression are necessarily in despair (a position also maintained by the good doctor Basalisk incidentally). This is simply not so, and it's especially not so in the case of teenagers (the Bridgend suicide incidents are a tragic example of that). Rather it is a classic case of cause and effect. Suffering from depression makes it more difficult to deal with feelings of despair, but feelings of despair are not necessarily symptomatic of depression and certainly not a necessary adjuvant with the condition; in fact the World Health Organisation does not list feeling of despair as one of the symptoms of clinical depression.

That fucking little ozzy cunt Casliber knows this perfectly well, or certainly ought to, because he's a psychiatrist, but then of course he's just basically yet another wikiaddict with multiple issues about matters of fact and whether they really in fact matter when balanced against the common good of the community (i.e. pricks like Basalisk).

Just to mention. I suggest AGK's block of RobvanderWaal was not disinterested.

And would you by any chance be from Cambuslang then, brother Anthony? The whole family's in on this now (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) ...

(Added): OMG, some of us actually are from Cambuslang! Now there's a laugh ... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Tue 19th June 2012, 10:58pm) *

I can add a little more to this now. ... There are indeed rather a lot of these revision deletions in Anthony's contribution history. ... The second refers not at all to his bi-polar condition but does record how proud he is of Cambuslang railway station where he drafted in the combined resources of no less than four editors ... well you have to (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif).

The bi-polar stuff is interesting ...

It's amusing to go through his very earliest edits. They start in February 2006 and the second edit is already devoted to that flower of Wikipedia Cambuslang railway station , which 6 years 4 months on has achieved such perfection of minimalist unity and form ... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

In less than a month we see the first of his very many revision deletes and we know from the example I quote above, where he sought to repress a revealingly juvenile remark about his knowledge of the delinquent personality, that in at least that one case vandalism or privacy wasn't the issue.

The first dozen or so edits are more anoraks and then we come to his first intrusive edit at Atkinson index, a relatively obscure normative measure in statistics that we know brother Anthony couldn't possibly have the slightest inkling of. It seems our Anthony wasn't satisfied with its wiki quality because he slings this in at the bottom of the article

== NOTICE ==

Thank You for editing Wikipedia. The RC Patrol would like to inform you that your article is '''incomplete''' and is likely to be deleted if not expanded.

I have wikified this article, so as to inform the community of the oppurtunity (sic) here. However, it is preferred that you personally continute (sic) the article.

Thank You.

He's not actually yet on RC Patrol, and the desperate owerweaning politeness a harbinger of that repressed inappropiately intrusive invasion of personal space, bordering on simple agression, that soon becomes such an evident hallmark of his edits. He also possibly reflects it's not actually a RC after all, rather a stub, because two minutes later he reverts himself and removes it.

Of course that's all intensely revealing.

I will look out for his bipolar edits to see what they might reveal about the boy. I shall also look for IP activity on his anoraks prior to 27 February 2006, the start of his editing on account, to see if we can pick up on his IP address; should be able to get that. Of course I know this all being done professionally by cousins, but I'm curious to know how far I can get on my own with my own strictly limited knowledge of Wikipedia mechanics.

Several possibilities with the bi-polarity, depending crucially when first diagnosed and whether self diagnosed or not. On the whole I expect it will prove to be essentially narcissism at stake here. It's interesting incidentally that the Bipolar disorder article is illustrated with yet another van Gogh painting (''The Plum-Tree after Hiroshige" for some reason) and earlier in its history with ''Starry Night'', where it's cited as evidence of his putative hypomanic episodes (but on the other hand the same painting is also cited as evidence of epileptic storms, another plausible candidate for van Gogh's condition, and I can add for family here that the night scene he was so fond of no doubt references that other most likely candidate neurosyphilis, which did for his brother as well just six moths after Vincent's death - an appalling tragedy incidentally). Out of interest I shall chase down the origin of those edits.

== POLITE NOTICE TO ANTHONY CFC (WHATEVER) AND OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES ==

That stuff about van Gogh and neurosyphilis wos just so-called ''''Irony'''' and in no way at all is be taken as saying I have something against him so please don't put words into my mouth about that like you always do grow up.

But the rest is deadly serius. I fucking mean it.

Thank You.

(Added) A sock of Astrotrain possibly? Astrotrain was anoracking on Scottish railways stations just before Anthony, but ceased directly on Anthony's account creation to concentrate on the Royal Family and the correct English word for what you are if you like buggering small boys, controversial stuff. We do know Anthony likes to create alternative accounts (but not socks god no, these accounts are strictly for serious reasons like having another to troll around and so on) as the morning takes him rolling out of bed. Astrotrain was eventually blocked for psychotic edit warring. Astrotrain fits the profile. He would have started it 2003 when he was 13 and fucking well not disposed to let on to his tough Cambuslang mates that he was into the Royal Family and NAMBLA.

(More) Also revealing is this

== NOTICE ==

This is a Warning from The Wikipedia RC Patrol.

Please stop adding sexually explicit content and nonsense to Wikipedia.

Further attempts to do so will result in implications against your user account.

Thank you

he put on Joe Decker's Talk page 14 March 2006, again less than a month after AGK started his account, the only possible edit from this respected editor and administrator it can refer to being an edit Joe made on the ongoing Roman Catholic paedophilia scandals at the time.

Joe responded with

As I've asked on your talk page, please provide a reference to any such abuse, I believe your complaint is without basis.

and indeed you can see on AGK's Talk Page that Joe responded there on 15 March 2006, except that everything on brother Anthony's cfc Talk page from its creation 27 February 2006 to 25 January 2007 has been revision deleted, so we never get to see the filth Joe put up that brother Anthony felt deserved implications, or indeed what little game NE2 was up to with that image of the eponymous, whatever the fuck that typical pedo word actually means, Cambuslang railway station on 25 January 2007.

Hmhhh ... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Tue 19th June 2012, 10:58pm) *

(Added) A sock of Astrotrain possibly? Astrotrain was anoracking on Scottish railways stations just before Anthony, but ceased directly on Anthony's account creation to concentrate on the Royal Family and the correct English word for what you are if you like buggering small boys, controversial stuff. We do know Anthony likes to create alternative accounts (but not socks god no, these accounts are strictly for serious reasons like having another to troll around and so on) as the morning takes him rolling out of bed. Astrotrain was eventually blocked for psychotic edit warring. Astrotrain fits the profile. He would have started it 2003 when he was 13 and fucking well not disposed to let on to his tough Cambuslang mates that he was into the Royal Family and NAMBLA.

I think this is a wrap for that (grateful thanks to a member for sending me the link to the Editor Interaction tool).

When looking at the two early Wikipedia votes (which concurr), bear in mind that AGK was Anthonycfc at the time.

The Motherwell railway station edits made within 3 hours were first made on 28 February 2006 by brother Anthony to add station information here. Anthony made a minor edit at UK railway staions here at 17:33 before ending his edits for the second day on his new account. On the same day Astrotrain began editing in the evening at 17:35 and made his Motherwell edit at 19:49 that was simply to remove an extra formatting bracket that Anthony had inadvertently entered and that proves to be the last, as far as I can see, of Astrotrain's trainspotting.

No question these are socks and explains why we can't find plausible IP anoraks from Anthony before 27 February 2006, perhaps the most telling evidence.

I begin to question whether AGK is young or even necessarily resident in Scotland.

To clarify, I'm suggesting that AGK was Astrotrain, an adult probably in Canada with some Scottish background, who eventually developed administration ambition but couldn't possibly fulfill them with his record of edit warring on heads of state. So he creates an entirely fictitious persona as a youthful Anthonycfc from Glasgow. My theory anyway ...

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Casliber @ Tue 3rd January 2012, 10:47am) *

Cas

Peedocracy perhaps?

There is a word paedocracy in the OED incidentally, defined as "government by children"; in the corpus since 1647: 1647 J. Noyes Temple Measured 34 Some are+unseasonable, ignorant, youthful. This is a *Pedocracy as well as a Democracy.

Not sure about government by sad fucks, but there definitely ought to be one.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Thu 21st June 2012, 10:01pm) *

... To clarify, I'm suggesting that AGK was Astrotrain, an adult probably in Canada with some Scottish background, who eventually developed administration ambition but couldn't possibly fulfill them with his record of edit warring on heads of state. So he creates an entirely fictitious persona as a youthful Anthonycfc from Glasgow. My theory anyway ...

His Simple English wikipedia user account had this info box (diff is here):

"My username is derived from the initials of the football team I support, Celtic F.C., and my forename, Anthony, from the greek, ανθος (flower). I am one of few Simple Wikipedians that hails from Scotland, UK. I am a supporter of the EU and of its expansion, of the United Nations and the complete control of the UN over all worldwide peacekeeping at the expense of George W. Bush's rain of terror. I hail from a small town near the City of Glasgow - the largest and most influential city in Scotland, and the Second City after the Capital, Edinburgh.

I am extremely gifted in that I am blessed with both excellent academic and sports skills; I am an avid player of football (as well as a follower) and I participate in weekly swimming events and such like. I believe that the common Western trend of overeating is dangerous and will eventually have a negative impact on the biological chain of evolution in some distant time or place. I am not a follower of Humanism - I simply admire the elegance of the logo. Neither, do I select any of my icons for any other reason but to show uniformity and open-mindedness towards the religions of others. My religion is Roman Catholic; however, I disagree with both the way the Roman Catholic Church is ran (namely the beautifying of mass services that has become all to common of late) and of the amount of funds that head in its direction.

I am blessed with a tremendous family who are always nearby, consisting of my mum and dad, younger brother and two younger sisters; I am also in a steady relationship with a non-Wikipedian (despite my best efforts (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) and I am a heterosexual male who dislikes intently discrimination against same-sex marriages and homosexual, bisexual or transgender individuals.

I am training for my P.P.L. (Private Pilot's License) which I hope to achieve in a few years; I enjoy flying, and support the improvement of environmental capabilities of aircraft to allow the upholding of Aviation as well as the environment's stabality. I use - and support - public transport, and disagree with the expansion of road links (e.g. the planned M74 Extension in Glasgow), except where necessary.

Although I am a newcomer to Wikipedia Simple, I have been around at Wikipedia English for almost a year before deciding to turn my attention to this worthwhile yet perhaps slightly neglected project that deserves a place as sister to Wikipedia English."

In an earlier version he declares himself an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) sufferer. He had a contact page with various email addresses. Declared himself as having an account with the Scottish Wikipedia, but he never made a single edit there.

So, native of Cambuslang (presumably), Celtic football club supporter (the 'cfc' ... oops), Roman Catholic, named after a Greek flower (yeah we got that, don't ask), bit of an all rounder academically and sportingly, very unfortunately also a bit of a nutter by way of obsessive compulsive bipolar syndrome but at least he's not a fatty destroying civilisation as we know it today, huge admirer of UN peakekeeping, hetererosexual but supports LGBT and extra-Wiki relationships, uses public transport and supports it, bit of a private pilot ... cousins say they're close (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif).

The eponymous Cambuslang railway station in Simple English at Anthony's hands is immortal:

There is a train every ten minutes. Trains come more often at busy times of the day. The station has a ticket office at the top, with a bridge across the track and two ramps down to each platform.

I feel his pain, the poor poor boy. Won't someone take pity and let me tell his story to the world? What it's really like to grow up with obsessive compulsive bipolar syndrome, a Roman Catholic with a family, in a tough delinquent Glasgow suburb like Cambuslang on the wrong side of the tracks at the eponymous Cambuslang railway station? Plus he might well have dyslexic syndrome as well unbeknownst to him but its unmisteakable signs are sadly all too obvious to those of us with expertise in the field.

Oh the dear dear boy, how little can he know how much I care for him, how I yearn to help him! I know Jimbo would immedialy launch an online appeal for him, once the facts were out there in the open, to get him sent over to the US where they have proper hospitals, run by the United Nations for all we know, to treat his condition for just a few thousand dollars a week, money Jimbo could easily raise if he just at least had a photo of Anthony or something to get him going, perhaps one in a pilot cap to be on the safe side.

Will everyone please please help.

Meanwhile I'm writing the Rutherglen Reformer to see if they can help because this is a tragedy that has been allowed to go on for far far too long and it's time we put a stop to it. Apparently South Lanarkshire council has just axed a project to provide a new public toilet at the eponymous Cambuslang railway station, which is just so short sighted and exactly the sort of thing that Anthony could play a real part advocating for because of his medical condition which can find him short at any moment, if he only he was prepared to do the decent thing and out himself for the common good. What a waste!

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Mon 25th June 2012, 7:16am) *

"My username is derived from the initials of the football team I support, Celtic F.C., and my forename, Anthony, from the greek, ανθος (flower). I am one of few Simple Wikipedians that hails from Scotland, UK. I am a supporter of the EU and of its expansion, of the United Nations and the complete control of the UN over all worldwide peacekeeping at the expense of George W. Bush's rain of terror. I hail from a small town near the City of Glasgow - the largest and most influential city in Scotland, and the Second City after the Capital, Edinburgh.

I am extremely gifted in that I am blessed with both excellent academic and sports skills; I am an avid player of football (as well as a follower) and I participate in weekly swimming events and such like. I believe that the common Western trend of overeating is dangerous and will eventually have a negative impact on the biological chain of evolution in some distant time or place. I am not a follower of Humanism - I simply admire the elegance of the logo. Neither, do I select any of my icons for any other reason but to show uniformity and open-mindedness towards the religions of others. My religion is Roman Catholic; however, I disagree with both the way the Roman Catholic Church is ran (namely the beautifying of mass services that has become all to common of late) and of the amount of funds that head in its direction.

I am blessed with a tremendous family who are always nearby, consisting of my mum and dad, younger brother and two younger sisters; I am also in a steady relationship with a non-Wikipedian (despite my best efforts (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) and I am a heterosexual male who dislikes intently discrimination against same-sex marriages and homosexual, bisexual or transgender individuals.

I am training for my P.P.L. (Private Pilot's License) which I hope to achieve in a few years; I enjoy flying, and support the improvement of environmental capabilities of aircraft to allow the upholding of Aviation as well as the environment's stabality. I use - and support - public transport, and disagree with the expansion of road links (e.g. the planned M74 Extension in Glasgow), except where necessary.

Although I am a newcomer to Wikipedia Simple, I have been around at Wikipedia English for almost a year before deciding to turn my attention to this worthwhile yet perhaps slightly neglected project that deserves a place as sister to Wikipedia English."

In an earlier version he declares himself an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) sufferer. He had a contact page with various email addresses. Declared himself as having an account with the Scottish Wikipedia, but he never made a single edit there.

Two things in AGK's statement seemed very strange to me in particular "I am extremely gifted in that I am blessed with both excellent academic and sports skills" and " I am a supporter of the EU and of its expansion, of the United Nations and the complete control of the UN over all worldwide peacekeeping at the expense of George W. Bush's rain of terror."

I believe that AGK had potentials to become a fair admin, but he did not, and here's why:

1. He's very weak and easily gives in to bullies, and trolls, and in process he will betray everybody easily.
2. He's extremely power hungry, and he will say anything that will help him to keep this power.

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

Long time no see, Mila, I thought you had quit all Wikimedia projects, but I see you've gone on quite a tear over at the Commons over the last month or so.

So is AGK the new object d'attraction? Gwen Gales doesn't get you all hot and bothered anymore?
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 26th June 2012, 4:44pm) *

Long time no see, Mila, I thought you had quit all Wikimedia projects, but I see you've gone on quite a tear over at the Commons over the last month or so.

So is AGK the new object d'attraction? Gwen Gales doesn't get you all hot and bothered anymore?

My attention on wikipedia is bullying. gwen gale has not bullied anybody since at least February, the time of my lynching. For the last half year she blocked only 4-5 IP vandals, and that's it. I have a very good reasons to believe that behind the scene WMF did something to reduce a pleasure she was getting from bullying 16 years old kids.
Many editors before me tried to stop Gwen Gale from bullying, they all got persecuted and blocked, and Gwen Gale continued with her bullying. I also got persecuted and lynched, but I stopped Gwen Gale!

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 26th June 2012, 1:03pm) *

I have a very good reasons to believe that behind the scene WMF did something to reduce a pleasure she was getting from bullying 16 years old kids.

Or the more plausible explanation is that she hasn't come across many vandals lately and hasn't had to use the tools. Your claim that there was a secret behind-the-scenes sanction is laughably delusional. The only thing that tops that is your belief that what you said had any effect whatsoever on WMF doings. You're a pariah that either gets ignored or reverted following repeated pesterings of their talk pages.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 26th June 2012, 6:05pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 26th June 2012, 1:03pm) *

I have a very good reasons to believe that behind the scene WMF did something to reduce a pleasure she was getting from bullying 16 years old kids.

Or the more plausible explanation is that she hasn't come across many vandals lately and hasn't had to use the tools. Your claim that there was a secret behind-the-scenes sanction is laughably delusional. The only thing that tops that is your belief that what you said had any effect whatsoever on WMF doings. You're a pariah that either gets ignored or reverted following repeated pesterings of their talk pages.

Gwen gale has not blocked anybody for more than a month, and she used to block a few editors per day, and I have a very good reasons to believe she was told to stop bullying editors (not vandals, but kids and newbies) .

Yes, right, Sue ignored me calling you, tarc, a liar because she probably agrees with my description of you. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
But Philippe (WMF) and Geoffbrigham responded my posts.
And now, if you could please return to the subject of this thread,which I believe is AGK, it will be great...

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 26th June 2012, 3:29pm) *
Gwen gale has not blocked anybody for more than a month, and she used to block a few editors per day, and I have a very good reasons to believe she was told to stop bullying editors (not vandals, but kids and newbies) .

Again; you are deliusional.

Yes, right, Sue ignored me calling you, tarc, a liar because she probably agrees with my description of you. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Yes, because in much of the English-speaking world, silence means agreement. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif)

But Philippe (WMF) and Geoffbrigham responded my posts.
And now, if you could please return to the subject of this thread,which I believe is AGK, it will be great...

Geoff posted a very long-winded brush-off.

Phillipe responded to you on 31 May, telling you that he was not going to comment o nsome aspects due to legal reasons, and ten pointed out several places where you lied. Would you like me to quote some of those? "Third, you statement that Wikipedia is the only environment that bans people is patently false" was a good one, as well as "You bear some responsibility for the nature of your contributions that led to the situation."

He then reverted your entire rant, uncommented-upon, June 1st.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

"I am training for my P.P.L. (Private Pilot's License) which I hope to achieve in a few years; I enjoy flying, and support the improvement of environmental capabilities of aircraft to allow the upholding of Aviation as well as the environment's stabality. I use - and support - public transport, and disagree with the expansion of road links (e.g. the planned M74 Extension in Glasgow), except where necessary."

If the birth month that PD gives for AGK is correct, he was 16 when he wrote the above and therefore unable to get even a provisional driver's licence. No wonder he used public transport.

The CAA rules for pilots' licences seem to have changed over the years. I therefore am not sure when someone could start training to fly a powered aircraft, (unpowered ones don't seem to need them). It would be surprising but not inconceivable if you could start to learn to fly before you can start to learn to drive.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 26th June 2012, 8:24pm) *

Again; you are deliusional.

tarc, I am never delusional, and if I am saying something I could prove my words.

As a result of my RFC gwen was questioned about two bullying blocks she imposed:

Block #1 and
block #2

Then Phillipe (WMF) stated this publicly on wiki http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=71873750

You were heard, and listened to, but I am not at liberty to say what, if any, action was taken. There are very real legal and ethical boundaries that we can not cross..

So as you could see he admits I was " heard, and listened to" and of course there were some private communications that I cannot reveal here. There were actions taken, trust me on that. WMF got involved with a bullied kid's story except it was too late for protecting this kid.

Besides not connected to my RFC in any way there was an article in
The Chronicle Review http://chronicle.com/article/The-Undue-Wei...ruth-on/130704/ which successfully demonstrated how gwen gale made a fool not only of herslef, but also of wikipedia. After reading this article an editor came to Gwen's talk page and had this to say: "I looked at the page and discussion in question, and it seems to me that you are boorish and a bully. I would like to suggest that you tone down your air of self-righteous authority, in order to encourage a more civil atmosphere on Wikipedia."
The publication of this article at the very same day I got reblocked by govcom is a great symbolism!

Now, here's Gwen Gale block log http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/block/Gwen_Gale
As you see the last block of IP vandal was imposed on May 16. Today is June 26, which makes it more than a month.

I have absolutely nothing against gwen personally. I believe she has a sense of humor, and once I even awarded her a barnstar for this. My problem is bullying. Gwen Gale as many other abusive admins gets a pleasure of bullying. It is sick. I hope my RFC, the article in The Chronicle Review, a few posts at Gwen's page I linked to above, the story with a 16-years old kid feeling as killing himself because she bullied him (do not provide links in purpose to protect the kid) and so on healed gwen from experiencing a pleasure from bullying and I am happy mostly for her.

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 26th June 2012, 8:24pm) *

Yes, because in much of the English-speaking world, silence means agreement. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/confused.gif)

I am trilled that we were able to agree on this. In my culture "silence means agreement" too.

And now,could you please ignore me too? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Tue 26th June 2012, 10:28pm) *

"I am training for my P.P.L. (Private Pilot's License) which I hope to achieve in a few years; I enjoy flying, and support the improvement of environmental capabilities of aircraft to allow the upholding of Aviation as well as the environment's stabality. I use - and support - public transport, and disagree with the expansion of road links (e.g. the planned M74 Extension in Glasgow), except where necessary."

If the birth month that PD gives for AGK is correct, he was 16 when he wrote the above and therefore unable to get even a provisional driver's licence. No wonder he used public transport.

The CAA rules for pilots' licences seem to have changed over the years. I therefore am not sure when someone could start training to fly a powered aircraft, (unpowered ones don't seem to need them). It would be surprising but not inconceivable if you could start to learn to fly before you can start to learn to drive.

If AKG was 16 years old, when he wrote this, I believe we should stop discussing his statement now because he was just a kid, and I could forgive many things to kids.

I only wish AGK to concentrate less on wikipedia and more on his real life because he's getting very nervous responding blocks appeals, and this could be harmful to his health. http://independent.academia.edu/DamirIbris...th_Wikipedia_4_

I would have a nicer day if you stopped e-mailing me. Wikipedia is a non-profit and we are volunteers. Whyon earth would I want to spend my days reading messages such as yours? My client has been set to autodiscard all your messages, and the ArbCom mailing list is being set to auto-discard any messages you send it.Give it up.

-Anthony (AGK)

On the other hand, AGK, nobody forced you to become a member of govcom. You've chosen this way yourself, and, if you did, would you please stop talking about "volunteers" and learn to work with every user?

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Wed 27th June 2012, 3:55am) *

... If AKG was 16 years old, when he wrote this, I believe we should stop discussing his statement now because he was just a kid, and I could forgive many things to kids.

And plainly a very vulnerable 16 year old ...

Yet he was mentored and championed by Wikipedians, essentially groomed for adminship while still a minor, and on the evidence of your post is presently stressed by the responsibilities he takes upon himself.

I can add that merely being a kid when he made the kind of bossy and agressive, even threatening, edits he was making then doesn't exonerate him from making them. That he treated (at the age of 15) Joe Decker in the way he did raises fundamental quesions in my mind about his maturity and fitness for positions of responsibility regardless of the age he made them.

If the whole account is not a persona, just as his mentor Essjay's was, which I still find plausible, then I suspect a narcissistic personality disorder and that is something that stays with you - you don't "grow out" of narcissism, rather it grows with you.
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Wed 27th June 2012, 2:40am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Wed 27th June 2012, 3:55am) *

... If AKG was 16 years old, when he wrote this, I believe we should stop discussing his statement now because he was just a kid, and I could forgive many things to kids.

And plainly a very vulnerable 16 year old ...

Yet he was mentored and championed by Wikipedians, essentially groomed for adminship while still a minor, and on the evidence of your post is presently stressed by the responsibilities he takes upon himself.

I can add that merely being a kid when he made the kind of bossy and agressive, even threatening, edits he was making then doesn't exonerate him from making them. That he treated (at the age of 15) Joe Decker in the way he did raises fundamental quesions in my mind about his maturity and fitness for positions of responsibility regardless of the age he made them.

If the whole account is not a persona, just as his mentor Essjay's was, which I still find plausible, then I suspect a narcissistic personality disorder and that is something that stays with you - you don't "grow out" of narcissism, rather it grows with you.

What Joe Decker? Any diffs?
But generally speaking I cannot blame a kid who wants to have a power (become admin) I do blame adults who allow that to happen. I am more than sure wikipedia has destroyed many young lives. These wikipedia kids do not yet understand what wikipedia did to them, and when they will it could be too late to fix. One of these kids said http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Armbrust
I decided to retire. Partly due to off-wiki circumstances. I'm just a 27 year old unemployed virgin, who has never had a girlfriend, because I spend too much of my time before the computer.
except I do not believe he did retire. Wikipedia is addictive and kids and some adults too have difficulties quitting. I feel sorry for them. They are robbed of their lives.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Wed 27th June 2012, 7:20am) *

I mentioned this in an earlier post as follows (underlined are diffs and links etc.):

Also revealing is this

== NOTICE ==

Further attempts to do so will result in implications against your user account.

Thank you

he put on Joe Decker's Talk page 14 March 2006, again less than a month after AGK started his account, the only possible edit from this respected editor and administrator it can refer to being an edit Joe made on the ongoing Roman Catholic paedophilia scandals at the time.

Joe responded with

As I've asked on your talk page, please provide a reference to any such abuse, I believe your complaint is without basis.

and indeed you can see on AGK's Talk Page that Joe responded there on 15 March 2006, except that everything on brother Anthony's cfc Talk page from its creation 27 February 2006 to 25 January 2007 has been revision deleted ...

So here we have Anthony as a young 15 year old Roman Catholic boy trying to repress, less than a month after Anthony started his account, a good faith edit on the Roman Catholics paedophilia scandals by a respected editor destined to become an administrator himself. Certainly immature of course, but it's more than just that: it, and others like it, are indicative of a degree of self-importance which I would qualify as pathological, perhaps indeed a reflection of the obsessive compulsive and bipolar disorders he mentions but I'm inclined to suggest narcissistic.

But generally speaking I cannot blame a kid who wants to have a power (become admin) I do blame adults who allow that to happen. ... Wikipedia is addictive and kids and some adults too have difficulties quitting. I feel sorry for them. They are robbed of their lives.

Yes, I agree with this exactly. If he is not simply a persona, a sham like Essjay, then AGK, Anthony of old, was vulnerable and spending far too much of his time on Wikipedia. He says he was academically gifted, and yet we don't see evidence of further study from him. I'm not sure at what age he started to receive direct tuition in becoming an admin (that did happen) but I suspect he was under the age of eighteen at the time. I can imagine a situation where his parents might not have wanted that to happen, rather wanted to discourage his fascination with Wikipedia (a fascination entirely with to do with its supervision and gaining power, disinterested in contributing content himself). I don't say this is so, but I can well imagine it and that there other parents similarly affected, likewise bringing up socially isolated or awkward adolescents like Anthony who become obsessed with Wikipedia.

In this case we have a boy who says he suffers from a well defined mental illness being mentored by the community and encouraged to 'train' as administrator.

I think that is very questionable indeed.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 26th June 2012, 8:39pm) *
I am trilled that we were able to agree on this. In my culture "silence means agreement" too.

That was sarcasm, you fucking retard.

Let me make this real clear for you; the Wikimedia Foundation thinks you're a bat-shit insane lunatic. They either brush you off, ignore you, or revert your trolling from their talk pages.

Nothing you have said to them matters.

You are deranged.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 27th June 2012, 11:44am) *

You are deranged.

On the contrary - I now believe that virtually everything Ms. Mbz1 has written or said to the Wikimedia Foundation during the last several months has not only been heard and listened to, but has actually been enshrined as core policy, informing all aspects of Wikipedia governance. Indeed, I think it's clear that all significant WMF initiatives are now being specifically routed through Ms. Mbz1 for comment and approval, and nothing happens there anymore without her express permission and recommendation.

What's more, this is also a big step up from the person who fulfilled this role for the WMF in the past, namely former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 27th June 2012, 5:44pm) *

Let me make this real clear for you; the Wikimedia Foundation thinks you're a bat-shit insane lunatic. They either brush you off, ignore you, or revert your trolling from their talk pages.

You are deranged.

Tarc, you know about how you say you can be a prick....
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Wed 27th June 2012, 5:21am) *

I mentioned this in an earlier post as follows (underlined are diffs and links etc.):

Also revealing is this

== NOTICE ==

Thank you

Joe responded with

and indeed you can see on AGK's Talk Page that Joe responded there on 15 March 2006, except that everything on brother Anthony's cfc Talk page from its creation 27 February 2006 to 25 January 2007 has been revision deleted ...

So here we have Anthony as a young 15 year old Roman Catholic boy trying to repress, less than a month after Anthony started his account, a good faith edit on the Roman Catholics paedophilia scandals by a respected editor destined to become an administrator himself. Certainly immature of course, but it's more than just that: it, and others like it, are indicative of a degree of self-importance which I would qualify as pathological, perhaps indeed a reflection of the obsessive compulsive and bipolar disorders he mentions but I'm inclined to suggest narcissistic.

But generally speaking I cannot blame a kid who wants to have a power (become admin) I do blame adults who allow that to happen. ... Wikipedia is addictive and kids and some adults too have difficulties quitting. I feel sorry for them. They are robbed of their lives.

Yes, I agree with this exactly. If he is not simply a persona, a sham like Essjay, then AGK, Anthony of old, was vulnerable and spending far too much of his time on Wikipedia. He says he was academically gifted, and yet we don't see evidence of further study from him. I'm not sure at what age he started to receive direct tuition in becoming an admin (that did happen) but I suspect he was under the age of eighteen at the time. I can imagine a situation where his parents might not have wanted that to happen, rather wanted to discourage his fascination with Wikipedia (a fascination entirely with to do with its supervision and gaining power, disinterested in contributing content himself). I don't say this is so, but I can well imagine it and that there other parents similarly affected, likewise bringing up socially isolated or awkward adolescents like Anthony who become obsessed with Wikipedia.

In this case we have a boy who says he suffers from a well defined mental illness being mentored by the community and encouraged to 'train' as administrator.

I think that is very questionable indeed.

I read a story about academically gifted 15 years old boy. He developed a test to check for cancer, and was awarded $75,000. I wonder, if he has an account on Wikipedia (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

AGK is probably academically gifted too because I personally cannot imagine how one could spend at least 40 hours per week working on the matters related to the governance of wikipedia and do not fell behind in his Uni's study. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 28th June 2012, 6:15am) *

... AGK is probably academically gifted too because I personally cannot imagine how one could spend at least 40 hours per week working on the matters related to the governance of wikipedia and do not fell behind in his Uni's study. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) well he says he is, but I don't see any of it in his edits. Looking at his time stamps there seems to be no settled pattern beyond a preference for editing late at night. One plausible suggestion is that he is on disability benefits in the UK and doesn't work.

I think it's very likely that there are juveniles editing Wikipedia to the detriment of their studies. But I'm not certain that AGK is a juvenile. What you say about addiction is quite certain, young people without a life editing 16 hours a day or more.

On the whole I favour his being a sock, indeed of Astrotrain, and the account entirely a persona in the manner of Essjay, the motivation being quite possibly to gain access to juveniles. I have yet to analyse his RfAs, but I expect to find the sudden surge of support at his second RfA to stem from juvenile connections he made while being mentored for administration. I don't really buy the Scots, I suspect he is Canadian. I also don't think he is a genuine trainspotting anorak, not obsessed enough. Pretty sure that's just a pose. Likewise all the stuff about Celtic football club, being a trainee pilot and so on. I'm afraid I'm pretty sure he is a fairly pathological fraud. It is indeed worrying what his motivation really can be.

Of course he could be from NSA or something like that, always to be borne in mind with checkusers.

I shall write various contacts in the world of media over the weekend to see if I can't drum up some interest in the story here. There is a story here of course.
+Quote Post
Fusion

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Thu 28th June 2012, 7:42am) *

Looking at his time stamps there seems to be no settled pattern beyond a preference for editing late at night. ... I don't really buy the Scots, I suspect he is Canadian.

How might we define late at night? If indeed he is Canadian, is he not in a different time zone from Scotland? Edits at midnight in Glasgow are at 4pm in Vancouver I think.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Fusion @ Thu 28th June 2012, 2:32pm) *

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Thu 28th June 2012, 7:42am) *

Looking at his time stamps there seems to be no settled pattern beyond a preference for editing late at night. ... I don't really buy the Scots, I suspect he is Canadian.

How might we define late at night? If indeed he is Canadian, is he not in a different time zone from Scotland? Edits at midnight in Glasgow are at 4pm in Vancouver I think.

Well, it seems to be UTC the time stamp, but I can't directly confirm it for View History. Is that right? At any rate that's what's in a signature on a Talk page. So midnight UTC would be 7 pm Montreal time if I'm doing my arithmetic right.

What struck me about the Scots thing is that having joined the Scottish wikipedia, he didn't make a single edit there, not one. I do find that curious.

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Thu 28th June 2012, 6:42am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 28th June 2012, 6:15am) *

... AGK is probably academically gifted too because I personally cannot imagine how one could spend at least 40 hours per week working on the matters related to the governance of wikipedia and do not fell behind in his Uni's study. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) well he says he is, but I don't see any of it in his edits. Looking at his time stamps there seems to be no settled pattern beyond a preference for editing late at night.

I divide admins in categories:

There are some admins that become admins to make Wikipedia a better, fairer and safer place. Alison is probably a good example of this kind of admins.

There are some admins that become admins just to have the tools, which they rarely (never) use. They are mostly interested in adding content to wikipedia, and for them being an admin is just something that is nice to have. You seldom almost never see them commenting on drama boards or imposing idiotic blocks.

And there are some admins that become admins to gain as much power on as many wikipedia projects as they possibly could. In most cases these users are lonely, have no friends in a real life and might suffer from mental or physical illnesses that prevent them from going out, having a girlfriend, doing sports, having fun and simply living a normal life. It is quit sickening that WMF shamelessly exploits these kind of users. Besides WMF does not understand or simply does not care that these kind of admins do the most damage to the project. It is doubtful that between these admins there are lots of "academically gifted" ones simply because "academically gifted" people prefer creative work not police one.

And of course there are admins that fell in between of the groups I described.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Thu 28th June 2012, 6:57pm) *

And there are some admins that become admins to gain as much power on as many wikipedia projects as they possibly could. In most cases these users are lonely, have no friends in a real life and might suffer from mental or physical illnesses that prevent them from going out, having a girlfriend, doing sports, having fun and simply living a normal life. It is quit sickening that WMF shamelessly exploits these kind of users. Besides WMF does not understand or simply does not care that these kind of admins do the most damage to the project. It is doubtful that between these admins there are lots of "academically gifted" ones simply because "academically gifted" people prefer creative work not police one.

I actually don't know enough about Wikipedia to know how worthwhile your characterisation might be. But I think that third category of yours might well describe a typical group.

Exploitation? Well it's a thought. Certainly there must be a point when common sense ought to step in and one thinks to oneself, "well this is a very immature individual who is plainly little more than a child and I should be avoiding encouraging this one, should in fact be discouraging him".

+Quote Post
Mortimer

Neophyte

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Fri 22nd June 2012, 9:58pm) *

There is a word paedocracy in the OED incidentally, defined as "government by children"; in the corpus since 1647: 1647 J. Noyes Temple Measured 34 Some are+unseasonable, ignorant, youthful. This is a *Pedocracy as well as a Democracy.

That reminds me of the terrible story of the paediatrician who was forced to flee her house after vandals daubed it with graffiti in the middle of the night, not knowing the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/aug/30/c...tection.society
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Mortimer @ Sat 30th June 2012, 4:48pm) *

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Fri 22nd June 2012, 9:58pm) *

That reminds me of the terrible story of the paediatrician who was forced to flee her house after vandals daubed it with graffiti in the middle of the night, not knowing the difference between a paediatrician and a paedophile.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2000/aug/30/c...tection.society

Yes, I remember that. Well I hope those hysterical excesses are well and truly over. However there's no question that the abuses they reflected were real and ongoing, and as the recent case of conniving at abuse by an American football coach testifies, still to be completely put to rights.

I often blog this, but the British poet George Barker penned some memorable lines around 1945 in his True Confession which show the problem was known and understood a long time ago: the poet is describing his early adolescence -

There was a priest, a priest, a priest,
A Reverend of the Oratory
Who taught me history. At least
He taught me the best part of his story.
Fat Father William, have you ceased
To lead boys up the narrow path
Through the doors of the Turkish Bath?
I hope you're warm in Purgatory.

Copyright vio of the whole poem here: it's been there at least the ten years or so I've referred to it.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Wed 27th June 2012, 7:39pm) *

You are deranged.

Yep, and I will stick it to this psychotic asshole every opportunity I get. It is amazing just how disconnected from reality Mila is, she still thinks she's the victim in all of this.
+Quote Post
Web Fred

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

QUOTE(Tarc @ Sun 1st July 2012, 3:36am) *

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Wed 27th June 2012, 7:39pm) *

You are deranged.

Yep, and I will stick it to this psychotic asshole every opportunity I get. It is amazing just how disconnected from reality Mila is, she still thinks she's the victim in all of this.

And its relevance to you is?
+Quote Post
FightingMac

Well the good news here is that I've finally shifted all that backlog of diverse duties we sock puppeteers living the life of riley off public funds somehow nevertheless seem to accumulate despite our best efforts to contract as much of it out as we possibly can, and I now have a whole week ahead of me to demonstrate to WR how a real expert in the field approaches her work (erm ... incidentally can someone PM me a pointer to Risker; I did get the dear old bat some time ago, but I've completely forgotten it now and also how I got there, somwehere in Canada and basically that's all that lingers - point being I'm beginning to rather strongly suspect for certain reasons it would be invidious to speculate upon at this moment in time that AGK is in fact a sock of Risker, the inner child struggling to get out as it were, and hence the sudden interest; well I've always thought that behind that innocent james blunt wouldn't come in my face deary me no look she so plausibly affects she is basically a very naughty lady indeed, no fool me with sheep's eyes pulling my woolies thank you).

Anyway, basically I've got as far as Anthony's next edit following his enterprising two minute Atkinson where he felt himself called out to deal with a critical situation that had developed at [[Limestone]] where someone had made the curious contribution

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fUCK OFF fUCKERS/ HOBO / FAG/ HOES

I mean god what do you do faced with something like that ... but our Anthony nevertheless finds it within himself to rise once more to the occasion ... he only just bleeding deletes it completely neutralised just like that as it had never been there if you know what I'm getting at there and calmly replaces it with

THIS IS A FINAL WARNING. IF YOU VANDALISE AGAIN YOU WILL BE BLOCKED.

Sincerly, (sic)

RC Patrol

JOBBY WELL DONE!!!! PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

(just to clarify - the incredulous JOBBY WELL DONE!!!! PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW there comes from me and not Anthony).

Tomorrow, or possibly later on today depending how many kickings I'm signed on for today, I will analyse this in a little more detail, because as Karl Marx so famoulsy observed the child is father of the man, but for now the thinking must be, has got to be - how in fact does Anthony find these things in the first place, becauseI never have any luck. I mean, really, come the end of an evening and a stressful day kicking kicking kicking always having to fucking kick your way through life no fucking escape ever sort day we all get them come on don't pretend, I often think to myself it would be great fun to find something really disgusting on Wikipedia like that, perhaps savour it with a glass of full bodied Chianti and a leisurly two minute atkinson with loads of cream sauce the other hand, before kicking it into touch where it so richly deserves to rot in the gutter and then finding the fucking little cunt who wrote the filth in the first place and fucking well telling him in no uncertain terms how he can fucking expect his testicles to be relocated if he fucking keep on with his shit ... but I never do, that's the point, I mean the occasional reference to NAMBLA, but come on hand on heart who can honestly deny ever slipping in one of those themselves every now and then wikipedia being what it is. Course not, but the real thing ... no never, nooit, nunquam as they say in Syria. So how does he manage it? What's the secret?

That's what I'd really like to know!

PS. This is how the edit actually looked http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anthonycfc_1.jpg. Can't promise it will stay up there, if not you can always use the diff to inspect it.

OMG (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) I've just realised I think that's only his own fucking template he's bleeding done there ("level 4"... phwaaaaw, will you just look at that) oh god oh god oh god I love him I love him I love him just to fleetingly hold his trembling anthony king safe and warm between my grateful thighs oh god that would be heaven and heaven the mountain trees stilled to silence as I blow his name from peak till peak oh joy oh joy oh joy the dear dear boy well I mean of course when he's like 21 NOT THEN BUT NOW come on what do think I am and since we are at it I'm a fucking woman as I have in fact have had numerous occasions to point out before in these blogs so don't you go trying to outpedo me as forums like WR always try to do grow up can't we just be serious for once in our lives?

And then there's the 13 March 2006 [[Carolina Panthers]] edit where AGK pretends to block the page with a template (right ... he's blocking an article so he says), announcing that offensive material has been included and this has been deleted and the whole article should be rewritten according to guidelines, but in fact deletes the whole article. An suspenseful atkinsonian two minutes later (phwaaaw) the edit is in fact reverted by Nakon, specialising at the time he seems in making wholesale reverts of vandalism, but there's no evidence of any interaction between AGK and Nakon, no evidence that it's some sort of training exercise in real life with REAL BULLETS UNDER LIVE FIRE (PHWAAAW), no rather, on the face of it, it seems to be Anthony in very good faith pretending to be an adminstrator or something pretending to block an article while deleting its entire contents. If there was any explanation forthcoming then it's been revision deleted and we are no the wise.

Dear boy! (yes, yes, I do understand it's suspect but I would just like point out that I'm a mature lady of a certain age whatever Risker might say who after all ought to know better, Risker I mean of course, and he himself is a strapping young lad of 21 and that I'm completely prepared to address all issues raised about it fully and frankly to set minds at rest). Thank You.

I'm going to though all these rather strange first year edits now before commenting further (don't want to hog the forum here ... heavens no). I can't get an IP address for him. That's so strange. He comes on to the project with some definite aims it seems of contributing to Scottish railway stations and things Scottish, presumably with the intention of creating some article starts as one normally does, but \i don't see any of those and i don't see any prior IP activity in those limited Scottish articles he does edit. In the meantime he engages in a series of what can only be described as fantasy edits involving the policing of Wikipedia.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Sun 1st July 2012, 12:59pm) *

Well the good news here is that I've finally shifted all that backlog of diverse duties we sock puppeteers living the life of riley off public funds somehow nevertheless seem to accumulate despite our best efforts to contract as much of it out as we possibly can, and I now have a whole week ahead of me to demonstrate to WR how a real expert in the field approaches her work (erm ... incidentally can someone PM me a pointer to Risker; I did get the dear old bat some time ago, but I've completely forgotten it now and also how I got there, somwehere in Canada and basically that's all that lingers - point being I'm beginning to rather strongly suspect for certain reasons it would be invidious to speculate upon at this moment in time that AGK is in fact a sock of Risker, the inner child struggling to get out as it were, and hence the sudden interest; well I've always thought that behind that innocent james blunt wouldn't come in my face deary me no look she so plausibly affects she is basically a very naughty lady indeed, no fool me with sheep's eyes pulling my woolies thank you).

Anyway, basically I've got as far as Anthony's next edit following his enterprising two minute Atkinson where he felt himself called out to deal with a critical situation that had developed at [[Limestone]] where someone had made the curious contribution

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fUCK OFF fUCKERS/ HOBO / FAG/ HOES

I mean god what do you do faced with something like that ... but our Anthony nevertheless finds it within himself to rise once more to the occasion ... he only just bleeding deletes it completely neutralised just like that as it had never been there if you know what I'm getting at there and calmly replaces it with

THIS IS A FINAL WARNING. IF YOU VANDALISE AGAIN YOU WILL BE BLOCKED.

Sincerly, (sic)

RC Patrol

JOBBY WELL DONE!!!! PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

(just to clarify - the incredulous JOBBY WELL DONE!!!! PHWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW there comes from me and not Anthony).

Tomorrow, or possibly later on today depending how many kickings I'm signed on for today, I will analyse this in a little more detail, because as Karl Marx so famoulsy observed the child is father of the man, but for now the thinking must be, has got to be - how in fact does Anthony find these things in the first place, becauseI never have any luck. I mean, really, come the end of an evening and a stressful day kicking kicking kicking always having to fucking kick your way through life no fucking escape ever sort day we all get them come on don't pretend, I often think to myself it would be great fun to find something really disgusting on Wikipedia like that, perhaps savour it with a glass of full bodied Chianti and a leisurly two minute atkinson with loads of cream sauce the other hand, before kicking it into touch where it so richly deserves to rot in the gutter and then finding the fucking little cunt who wrote the filth in the first place and fucking well telling him in no uncertain terms how he can fucking expect his testicles to be relocated if he fucking keep on with his shit ... but I never do, that's the point, I mean the occasional reference to NAMBLA, but come on hand on heart who can honestly deny ever slipping in one of those themselves every now and then wikipedia being what it is. Course not, but the real thing ... no never, nooit. So how does he manage it? What's the secret?

That's what I'd really like to know!

PS. This is how the edit actually looked http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Anthonycfc_1.jpg. Can't promise it will stay up there, if not you can always use the diff to inspect it.

OMG (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) I've just realised I think that's only his own fucking template he's bleeding done there ("level 4"... phwaaaaw, will you just look at that) oh god oh god oh god I love him I love him I love him just to fleetingly hold his trembling anthony king safe and warm between my grateful thighs oh god that would be heaven and heaven the mountain trees stilled to silence as I blow his name from peak till peak oh joy oh joy oh joy the dear dear boy well I mean of course when he's like 21 NOT THEN BUT NOW come on what do think I am and since we are at it I'm a fucking woman as I have in fact have had numerous occasions to point out before in these blogs so don't you go trying to outpedo me as forums like WR always try to do grow up can't we just be serious for once in our lives?

And then there's the 13 March 2006 [[Carolina Panthers]] edit where AGK pretends to block the page with a template (right ... he's blocking an article so he says), announcing that offensive material has been included and this has been deleted and the whole article should be rewritten according to guidelines, but in fact deletes the whole article. An suspenseful atkinsonian two minutes later (phwaaaw) the edit is in fact reverted by Nakon, specialising at the time he seems in making wholesale reverts of vandalism, but there's no evidence of any interaction between AGK and Nakon, no evidence that it's some sort of training exercise in real life with REAL BULLETS UNDER LIVE FIRE (PHWAAAW), no rather, on the face of it, it seems to be Anthony in very good faith pretending to be an adminstrator or something pretending to block an article while deleting its entire contents. If there was any explanation forthcoming then it's been revision deleted and we are no the wise.

Dear boy! (yes, yes, I do understand it's suspect but I would just like point out that I'm a mature lady of a certain age whatever Risker might say who after all ought to know better, Risker I mean of course, and he himself is a strapping young lad of 21 and that I'm completely prepared to address all issues raised about it fully and frankly to set minds at rest). Thank You.

I'm going to though all these rather strange first year edits now before commenting further (don't want to hog the forum here ... heavens no). I can't get an IP address for him. That's so strange. He comes on to the project with some definite aims it seems of contributing to Scottish railway stations and things Scottish, presumably with the intention of creating some article starts as one normally does, but \i don't see any of those and I don't see any prior IP activity in those limited Scottish articles he does edit. In the meantime he engages in a series of what can only be described as fantasy edits involving the policing of Wikipedia.

Finished here. I can find a single IP adress from Glasgow but the user is plainly Scots whereas Anthony really isn't and anyway it's a Rangers supporter. The editing pattern quickly tails away into tedious, I expect not very enlightening, admin duties I can't be bothered with anyway. This really is an account entirely uninterested in contributing content. Even the railway station content amounts to little more than somewhat inconsequential edits at not more than a dozen railway stations, the epoymous (why does that word keep on cropping up?) Cambuslang railway station being the most developed, such as half a page or of material can be.

My most optimistic guess is that the account is indeed a sock of Astrotrain, that it is indeed an adult posing as a juvenile, and my most optimistic suggestion for why that might be so is that Astrotrain developed administrater ambitions he couldn't possibly fulfill given his history of edit warring.

POSSIBLE PROXY: Possible Anthony proxy 212.135.1.83 (info via an impersonated account). I'll get that to my experts and report back if they make anything of it. Anthony sufficient pissed by the impersonation to take it to an ANI. Apparently he was being accused of coming from Cambuslang and being gay and a sic prik.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=73498011

Mbz gets told off by yet another WMF employee. Have you worked your way through the list yet?
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

When it rains, it pours;shit-canned from meta again.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?titl...age=User%3AMbz1

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 3rd July 2012, 3:23pm) *

What are you happy about, idiot?
That power-hungry teenaged bullies block all prolific content contributors and will leave wikipedia with self-describeid bulldogs?
And I thought you like wikipedia (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
Oh yes, tarc the bulldog, gwen gale has not imposed any bad block for the last 6 months, and I am sure she never will, and no matter how much you will bark it was me, who did it, and it was the best thing I did for wikipedia, you know stopping a bully at the time!

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 3rd July 2012, 3:05pm) *

That power-hungry teenaged bullies block all prolific content contributors and will leave wikipedia with self-describeid bulldogs?
Oh yes, tarc the bulldog, gwen gale has not imposed any bad block for the last 6 months, and I am sure she never will, and no matter how much you will bark it was me, who did it, and it was the best thing I did for wikipedia, you know stopping a bully at the time!

You fucked-in-the-head cunt, NOTHING you did has had any effect whatsoever on Gwen Gale's editing or blocking or recent lack thereof. She never bullied anyone at any time, you have lied and distorted and misrepresented that entire situation.

You are nobody. You do not matter. You are universally derided in just about every corner of the Wikimedia project that you touch.

You are a fucking psychopath with a dangerously obsessive focus on Gwen Gale and every step she makes. If I were her, I'd have the cops hunt you down, lock you in jail and throw away the dam key. You deserve no better.

Jesus fucking christ, you are insane.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
Web Fred

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 4th July 2012, 4:38am) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 3rd July 2012, 3:05pm) *

You fucked-in-the-head cunt, NOTHING you did has had any effect whatsoever on Gwen Gale's editing or blocking or recent lack thereof. She never bullied anyone at any time, you have lied and distorted and misrepresented that entire situation.

You are nobody. You do not matter. You are universally derided in just about every corner of the Wikimedia project that you touch.

You are a fucking psychopath with a dangerously obsessive focus on Gwen Gale and every step she makes. If I were her, I'd have the cops hunt you down, lock you in jail and throw away the dam key. You deserve no better.

Jesus fucking christ, you are insane.

Jeez, do you fancy her and been turned down or something?
+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 4th July 2012, 6:38am) *

You fucked-in-the-head cunt, NOTHING you did has had any effect whatsoever on Gwen Gale's editing ...

Well, that would be about right for pretty well most of these characters.

Whatever Gwen Gale's strengths or failings, and a quick look at her user page with its charming Japanese lolicon doll persuades me she's a pleasant enough old luvvy albeit one I wouldn't necessarily nominate to lead the local Brownies group, she does seem to be an anonymous administrator and thus untouchable, a local sheikh in a kingdom of her own accountable to no one but the flunkeys in her cabal, the Annes and Janes she draws to her side and pets and favours not with treats and sweets but with the wikitools they'll need to take their place in the paedocracy when they reach their menarche ... Wikipedia, the children's encyclopaedia any pedo can edit.

I suggest administrators should be directly responsible to a board of trustees independent of Wikipedia, should be public and should have their credentials verified. Nothing else will check their excesses and their pretensions.

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Thu 5th July 2012, 7:21am) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Wed 4th July 2012, 6:38am) *

You fucked-in-the-head cunt, NOTHING you did has had any effect whatsoever on Gwen Gale's editing ...

Well, that would be about right for pretty well most of these characters.

Whatever Gwen Gale's strengths or failings, and a quick look at her user page with its charming Japanese lolicon doll persuades me she's a pleasant enough old luvvy albeit one I wouldn't necessarily nominate to lead the local Brownies group, she does seem to be an anonymous administrator and thus untouchable, a local sheikh in a kingdom of her own accountable to no one but the flunkeys in her cabal, the Annes and Janes she draws to her side and pets and favours not with treats and sweets but with the wikitools they'll need to take their place in the paedocracy when they reach their menarche ... Wikipedia, the children's encyclopaedia any pedo can edit.

I suggest administrators should be directly responsible to a board of trustees independent of Wikipedia, should be public and should have their credentials verified. Nothing else will check their excesses and their pretensions.

Gwen Gale used to be an anonymous admin before she wrote two articles about herself. but this is an old story. She also used to be one of the most abusive and dishonest bullies on Wikipedia. Many editors tried to stop her, but failed. I did it. Gwen Gale has not bullied any one for almost 6 months, and I am very sure she never will. But to tell you the truth I cannot care less about Gwen Gale. She's not a bully anymore, and I am happy for her. I am mentioning Gwen Gale now only because this mention effects tarc as a red cloth effects a bull, and besides it so funny to taunt that stupid pit-bull that goes in circles ant bites its own tail.
So, tarc, Gwen Gale is a good admin now, and it was me who made her to change! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bash.gif) And now go, bull, go. Please let's have some more fun.

+Quote Post
FightingMac

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Mon 9th July 2012, 5:03am) *

... So, tarc, Gwen Gale is a good admin now, and it was me who made her to change! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bash.gif) And now go, bull, go. Please let's have some more fun.

Could you have a go at making AGK a good administrator now?

In particular could you get him to unblock my distant cousin RobvanderWaal, whose edits on Vincent van Gogh and late Amsterdam Impressionism were such a valuable contribution to Wikipedia. Examples include: Van Gogh's Hague Studio, 'At Eternity's Gate', Isaac Israëls in addition to a number of significant stubs such 'Tree Roots'. What Rob had in mind was a studio by studio account of Vincent's creative life and this project was cut short by AGK who checkused him and indefinitely blocked him after unsurprisingly finding a 'technical' link between him and cousin Rinpoche, that banned editor who so threatened Wikipedia's very fabric with his article start 'Buddhist Sex Abuse Cases'. The motive for the check use appears to be exception he took to Rob's spat at Major Depressive Disorder with a user Basilisk, apparently a Swansea schoolboy posing as a physician, but we know that AGK is not disinterested in that topic because he himself is bipolar (so he says) and, on the best information we have so far, probably in receipt of disability benefits in respect of his condition (and thus anxious to perpetuate romantic images stressing the incapacitating tendency of his condition).

Equally his block of DaftOldBat89, an elderly and distinguished lady, similarly motivated for reasons of spite following a gratuitous use of checkuser privileges, all of whose valuable William Wordsworth edits were reverted by Ktr101, Wikipedia's 474th most active user, a very smug and self-satisfied looking young man at Amhherst college in the USA the further progress of whose academic career must be in put in doubt thereby (and we haven't been slow to draw the matter to the attention of our American cousins).

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(FightingMac @ Mon 9th July 2012, 9:06am) *

Could you have a go at making AGK a good administrator now?

I dealt with Gwen Gale mostly because she has bullied a 16 years old kid to the extend he felt as killing himself. Otherwise dealing with any particular bully at wikipedia (and I am not saying AGK is a bully, I know little about him) is nothing but a waste of time. There are too many of them, and their number is growing constantly.

Wikipedia is rotten from the very top. If Wikipedia co-founder Jimbo Wales tolerates our friend tarc at his own talk page, tolerates even after he was pointed out directly to tarc's rhetoric here, I am not sure what should I think about that site anymore. No, there's no use in trying to change an individual bully. Wikipedia should be changed as whole.

As it was described in "Two Minutes Hate" , ''1984'' by
George Orwell that site turns people "into a grimacing, screaming lunatics" , and tarc is a great example of this.

When back in Soviet Union I read this novel, I would not have ever believed that one day Soviet Union will fail, but it did! Although now it is hard to imagine that Wikipedia, I mean Wikipedia as we know it now will fail, I am very sure it will, or maybe not fail, but become a better, safer, kinder place for kids and adults.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 8th July 2012, 10:03pm) *
So, tarc, Gwen Gale is a good admin now, and it was me who made her to change!

I find it charming that you STILL cling to this delusional fantasy that you have had any sort of effect anywhere. They even moderated your most recent post over at the 'ocracy;

QUOTE("zoloft @other site")
Members of this site sniping at each other — That's the most common way to get their posting privileges suspended.

Cut it out, Mila.

Topic locked.

and then locked the thread. Banned from en.wiki, banned from meta, probably about a hairsbreadth away from a ban at Commons, and even the 'ocracy doesn't put up with your delusional bullshit.

Y'know, its hard to be really angry at you, Mila...the pity we feel for you tends to overshadow any other emotion.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 9th July 2012, 9:26pm) *

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Sun 8th July 2012, 10:03pm) *
So, tarc, Gwen Gale is a good admin now, and it was me who made her to change!

I find it charming that you STILL cling to this delusional fantasy that you have had any sort of effect anywhere. They even moderated your most recent post over at the 'ocracy;

QUOTE("zoloft @other site")
Members of this site sniping at each other — That's the most common way to get their posting privileges suspended.

Cut it out, Mila.

Topic locked.

and then locked the thread. Banned from en.wiki, banned from meta, probably about a hairsbreadth away from a ban at Commons, and even the 'ocracy doesn't put up with your delusional bullshit.

Y'know, its hard to be really angry at you, Mila...the pity we feel for you tends to overshadow any other emotion.

Well, zoloft, PMed me too. He told me he was unhappy when I said:
"When I opposed tarc's block on Commons, I called tarc a person. It was an overstatement because no person could behave as tarc does."
zoloft told it was dehumanization of tarc, but tarc, honestly, to you believe that somebody who wrote what you did in this thread could be called a person. To me it looked more like a barking of a pitbull not like a talk of a person.

Yes, I am blocked (not banned from meta) and banned on English wikipedia, but you know what I'd better be banned from wikimedia projects than to become one of these grimacing, screaming lunatics that witch-hunters that voted to ban lynch me just like in this video

Only in my situation it was worse because I was not allowed to say a word in my defense.
So, tarc, what are you happy about that wikipedia treats people worse than Inquisition did, worse than Soviet Union did?
As I've told you already, tarc, I am very proud to be excommunicated by these grimacing, screaming lunatics and witch-hunters because it means I've done something really, really good like for example turning one of them in a normal person.
Am I going to be banned from Commons? Well commons have not yet reached the level of idiocy of English wikipedia. As you probably know, tarc, a friend of yours Beeblebrox tried to make me "banned from commons" a week or so ago. The only thing he seceded in doing was demonstrating that each and every word I said about him was correct. BTW I missed you there. Your presence, tarc, would have made the thread much more entertaining. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

BTW, tarc, your latest post sounds much more normal than the ones above it, which means that not only I've changed Gwen Gale to the best, but I have also changed you, tarc to the best. You still should work on trying not to lie, but thanks to me you're getting there, tarc.

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 10th July 2012, 12:13pm) *
BTW, tarc, your latest post sounds much more normal than the ones above it, which means that not only I've changed Gwen Gale to the best,

Except that you haven't

but I have also changed you, tarc to the best. You still should work on trying not to lie, but thanks to me you're getting there, tarc.

Oh, Mila. There's nothing wrong with you that a stint in the gulag wouldn't cure.

How's that for "better", fuckwit? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mbz1

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 10th July 2012, 5:39pm) *

Oh, Mila. There's nothing wrong with you that a stint in the gulag wouldn't cure.

How's that for "better", fuckwit? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

Well, I was sure that you will do your best to prove that you cannot be changed to become, no, not a better person, but simply a person, and I was right! Once again a stupid pitbull goes around biting its own tail . Thanks for the fun,tarc, but because you keep repeating yourself, it is getting boring. Also thank you for allowing everybody to see what I meant when I quoted 1984 about grimacing,screaming lunatics. Jimbo and govcom that allow such lunatics to vote in ban discussions aren't any better than the lunatics themselves. Bye, tarc.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)