QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sat 5th February 2011, 11:51pm)
First, I'd sit behind my big desk and put my feet up on it.
After a good toe-wiggle:
- Eliminate IP editing entirely.
- Establish a tier of editors.
— Anonymous editors with accounts
— Identity-verified editors (credit card verification or some such simple system)
— Trusted Editors (length of membership, degree of involvement, reviewed edits)
— Editorial Board members (paid staff, greatly expanded under my regime)
- Establish a tiered system of edits.
— Edits confirmed by the Editorial Board (go up first and stay)
— Edits by Trusted Editors (go up after a review by another Trusted Editor)
— Edits by identity-verified editors (held for 24 hours, then placed in article with flag)
— Edits by anonymous members (submitted to pool of identity-verified editors)
- Delete all biographies of people not dead at least twenty years.
- Forbid the coverage of current events.
- Hire some editorial staff from all those newspapers going out of business.
- Contract out the writing of a style guide and deep-six the MOS.
- Enhance certain edits with flags you can turn off or on to display these or not
— Content illegal in certain countries
— Content deemed offensive to certain large groups of people
— Content of a 'mature' nature
- License some content such as rights to display some photos not available for free.
- Establish a separate Board for creation of content by experts in the field.
Fire the Arbcom.
Eliminate most of the drama boards.
Unlock a whole buncha IP addresses.
Drum out any employees who fail to pass a 'common sense' test.
Pay a visit to Jimbo Wales, and hand him a gold watch. 'Go home and raise your kid, son.'
To much drama... salvaging The Wikipedia is like raising the Titanic... I can't be done, and should not be done. This is what should be done, again:
I would sell the servers, domain name and then take the money realized from the sale as well the monies left in in the foundation bank account and donate it to a real library. Then I fire Little Suzy Gardner overpriced fanny and send her packing to Canada as well as send Jimmy back to Bomis and his naked lady pictures.
And finely, I would raise money to help any senators, congressmen, supporting the change Section 230 of the Cda of 1996
and stop another "wiki" from mushrooming up. I would make internet contributors under the same regs as other media regarding defamation, and theft of Intellectual property as it has been, under first amendment of the us constitution, since September 17, 1787.This post has been edited by victim of censorship: Sun 6th February 2011, 10:54pm