FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Shankbone vs. Kohs, part deux -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shankbone vs. Kohs, part deux
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

Our favorite evil queen is back in a new tsk-tsk against the beloved Mr. Kohs:

http://blog.shankbone.org/2009/04/14/greg-...edia-dramatica/

Kohs, take it from this horse's mouth -- Mr. Miller ain't good enough to flush your toilet!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

Group: Contributors
From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th April 2009, 8:43pm) *

Our favorite evil queen is back in a new tsk-tsk against the beloved Mr. Kohs:

http://blog.shankbone.org/2009/04/14/greg-...edia-dramatica/

Kohs, take it from this horse's mouth -- Mr. Miller ain't good enough to flush your toilet!

I get it. It looks like a newspaper because he's a journalist.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 15th April 2009, 10:53pm) *

No, it looks like a newspaper because he's a parakeet.

Ja Ja (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif)
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

Group: Contributors
From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 15th April 2009, 8:56pm) *

Makes me sad. I had to get rid of budgey. What with the demise of newspapers and all it just cost too much to line the cage with laptops.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 15th April 2009, 8:02pm) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 15th April 2009, 8:56pm) *

Makes me sad. I had to get rid of budgey. What with the demise of newspapers and all it just cost too much to line the cage with laptops.

Indeed a poor trade.

Fun fact: the inside of a thick never-opened conventionally printed newspaper makes a pretty good surface upon which to rely for cleanliness in emergencies. Such as where to put an emergently born baby, or what to use impromptu on a severe injury. The reason being that the high heat and pressures of the modern high speed press kill bacteria quite well, and the rest of the wrapping process then protects the surfaces from further outside contamination.*

And that's not all. Besides being relatively free of bacteria and viruses, the inside of a modern newspaper is also nearly sterile of imagination, wit, wisdom, perspective, and scholarship, as well. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Not that most of what you get over the net on your laptop is any better, and is usually worse. All of this has been eroding per Gresham's Law of the Jungle, these last 20 years. The losers being ye books in ye libraries. Which anon becometh harder and harder to find as the process doth proceed. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

Let's hope something is found to turn this mess around before the Tragedy of the Commons finally kills it off completely. Not withstanding a lot of fine stuff donated altuistically to the world, the "free information" movement has too often given us only that which we paid for. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif) Such is life.

Milton

* You don't know whether to believe this or not, do you? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

David Shankbone:

QUOTE(Shankbone)
He mine as well have just gone the full grandpa distance and thrown in, “That’s what you kids are calling it these days, right? LULZ?”

QUOTE(Shankbone)
Then, without a clue in the world, Greg goes back to the Wikipedia Review article and tries to undue the changes made by the ED editors to restore it to an earlier version he preferred! Again, grandpa Magoo takes flight in Greg’s edit summary:

Good grief. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/happy.gif)

Shankbone has become a gift for Wikipedia critics. A gift that just keeps giving.
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Hahaaha. I just don't see how Shankbone can try to push that stupid blog off as anything but a joke. It's so funny in how completely ridiculous it is. The topics, his writing style, his complete lack of integrity. It's awesome. It's like the Fox News of internet shit no one cares about.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Member No.: 275

Hopefully everyone reading this is already aware that the ED "User:Gregory Kohs" is not, in any way whatsoever, the real Gregory Kohs. More likely, it's Shankers himself.

But just in case not everyone is aware, I just thought I'd mention it! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
the fieryangel

the Internet Review Corporation is watching you...

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 16th April 2009, 6:20am) *

David Shankbone:

QUOTE('Shankbone')
He mine as well have just gone the full grandpa distance and thrown in, “That’s what you kids are calling it these days, right? LULZ?”

QUOTE('Shankbone')
Then, without a clue in the world, Greg goes back to the Wikipedia Review article and tries to undue the changes made by the ED editors to restore it to an earlier version he preferred! Again, grandpa Magoo takes flight in Greg’s edit summary:

Good grief. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/happy.gif)

Shankbone has become a gift for Wikipedia critics. A gift that just keeps giving.

But! But!! Shankbone's VP of Wikimedia NYC! He's gotta be important!

QUOTE('Shankbone')
Everything is...uh...getting to know people on a social level and...from there...PLANS GET DISCUSSED...
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Thu 16th April 2009, 1:30am) *

QUOTE('Shankbone')
Everything is...uh...getting to know people on a social level and...from there...PLANS GET DISCUSSED...

Stuff sort of happens. Consensus is reached. The passive voice is used. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/bored.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sleep.gif)

Penis photos are posted. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

I looked but were unable to find any of those particular images that Mr Shankbone is so associated with (gynaecology detailed pictures of male genitalia) on Wikipedia - and here - anywhere on his blog. Why is this? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 16th April 2009, 3:27am) *

Hahaaha. I just don't see how Shankbone can try to push that stupid blog off as anything but a joke. It's so funny in how completely ridiculous it is. The topics, his writing style, his complete lack of integrity. It's awesome. It's like the Fox News of internet shit no one cares about.

But Shanky can get a job a Fox News...doesn't he already know someone who works there (as per an older blog plop)? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Thu 16th April 2009, 12:01pm) *

I looked but were unable to find any of those particular images that Mr Shankbone is so associated with (gynaecology detailed pictures of male genitalia) on Wikipedia - and here - anywhere on his blog. Why is this? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

He got jimbo to delete them, presumably connected to some posts on his blog about wanting to advance his career in the real world. Perhaps he doesn't want to seem like a type people wouldn't want to employ.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 16th April 2009, 5:25pm) *

He got jimbo to delete them, presumably connected to some posts on his blog about wanting to advance his career in the real world. Perhaps he doesn't want to seem like a type people wouldn't want to employ.

Which would then beg the question as to why he would do such a nasty pointless piece on Greg which shouts out personal grudge and failure to grasp the lack of importance of Wikipedia politics in the real world.

I remember the real world, it was much more fun than this one.
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE('Shankbone')

At the risk of redundantly repeating this repetitive point for the umpteenth time, this is just more of the same classic hypernarcissistic hoo-ha that we've been getting from Shankers all along.

In other words, getting published has little or nothing to do with talent, creativity, skill, effort, ideas, persistence, or even luck. Instead, getting published is something that happens when you go to a nightclub or a party, and meet someone who knows someone who knows an agent (ad infinitum), and who is naturally super-impressed by some aspect (if not all aspects) of your stellar-perfect personality.

In effect, this is the "extreme version" of the pipe dream Wikipedia sells to all its servants - i.e., the idea that you can "be somebody" by simply sitting in front of a computer, paraphrasing some content found elsewhere, and chatting with people. (Then again, maybe I shouldn't be so critical of them for that, since most other websites don't even require the paraphrased content.)
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 16th April 2009, 7:01am) *

But Shanky can get a job a Fox News...doesn't he already know someone who works there (as per an older blog plop)? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)
Ha! Ya, that might hinder his chances of getting hired there. I'd forgotten about that, actually. He criticized Fox in that one, right? Haha, oh... how hypocritical.

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 16th April 2009, 12:25pm) *

Some of them have been reuploaded by other users with "don't recall the source", for example, in the source field, verified through OTRS. And they no longer have the stupid "_by_David_Shankbone" in the title.
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 16th April 2009, 7:27pm) *

Ha! Ya, that might hinder his chances of getting hired there. I'd forgotten about that, actually. He criticized Fox in that one, right? Haha, oh... how hypocritical.

Some of them have been reuploaded by other users with "don't recall the source", for example, in the source field, verified through OTRS. And they no longer have the stupid "_by_David_Shankbone" in the title.

Shankbone's picture which he titled "The Taint of a professional model" is still there. ***DO NOT OPEN AT WORK*** There was that awful "Gaping Anus" shot as well, but I don't know what happened to that. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 16th April 2009, 10:08pm) *
There was that awful "Gaping Anus" shot as well, but I don't know what happened to that. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)

Down the memory hole...
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 16th April 2009, 11:08pm) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 16th April 2009, 7:27pm) *

Shankbone's picture which he titled "The Taint of a professional model" is still there. ***DO NOT OPEN AT WORK*** There was that awful "Gaping Anus" shot as well, but I don't know what happened to that. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sick.gif)

GAAAH! I've been blinded like Tiresias (T-H-L-K-D)!
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

So now David has resorted to googlebombing his Kohs article up the Google rankings by tagging the blog entry with Greg's place of employment, his position there, etc, etc. How utterly vindictive and how absolutely juvenile. He's like a tweenager indulging in a MySpace tiff.

Seriously, David - I know you're reading this. Please do us all a favour and grow up. You're a big child!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)