FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
I am speechless -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I am speechless, Nishidani puts forth critique in verse
Rating  2
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

Yes, I know it's a Bad Thing posting a link to an attack page on WR etc etc, but a) it's already been mentioned at ANI and b) I have never heard of any of the people involved and couldn't care less about the content dispute that's apparently sparked it.

This has got to be the most impressive personal attack ever posted on or about Wikipedia. It's rare that I see something on Wikipedia that leaves me absolutely astounded, but that does the trick. To Awbrey et al, I think the bar just got raised.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sun 30th November 2008, 11:31am) *

Yes, I know it's a Bad Thing posting a link to an attack page on WR etc etc, but a) it's already been mentioned at ANI and b) I have never heard of any of the people involved and couldn't care less about the content dispute that's apparently sparked it.

This has got to be the most impressive personal attack ever posted on or about Wikipedia. It's rare that I see something on Wikipedia that leaves me absolutely astounded, but that does the trick. To Awbrey et al, I think the bar just got raised.

As an original Kiplingesque ballad combined with an arbcom-esque set of easter-egg diffs and cites, it's frigging brilliant! I'd never before heard of Nishidani, but he/she/or it is clearly way too smart not to get into trouble on Wikipedia, eventually.

[Looking...]

Oh, I see Nishidani has fallen afoul of the Kabal that protects the Israel/Palastine conflict articles. Figures. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif) And (if I may say so) bound to happen.

+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 30th November 2008, 11:12am) *

Oh, I see Nishidani has fallen afoul of the Kabal that protects the Israel/Palastine conflict articles.

How nice.
Please do not attack other editors. If you continue, you will be blocked from editing Wikipedia. Your personal attacks, such as this, against Jaakobou, are unacceptable. Even if you honestly believe the statement, which I don't consider supported by the evidence, it's inappropriate. — Arthur Rubin (talk) 16:54, 22 November 2008

Stop attacking an other user's talk page with insults, if you do not want to be blocked forever i would suggest that you let it go and forget it. I saw what happens to wiki-stalkers and you don't want that to happen to you, no one wants it. Elbutler (talk) 21:46, 30 November 2008 (UTC)

My, my, my. One can almost hear the violins in the background. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yak.gif)

Looks like it all started here.

Another fine example of pointless, worthless drama. It's just too easy to set off the Zionists. And yet, Jaakobou, the guy Nishidani was criticizing, is also threatened with sanctions. And Postlethwaite jumps out of the woodwork to throw in his stupidity.

"Encyclopedia" my ass. (for the thousandth time.) Great poem, though.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

And off to the drama board it goes.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Sun 30th November 2008, 4:40pm) *

They're criticizing his iambic pentameter! Haw haw haw!!!!

And writing their own crappy poems:
Here we live with one and another,
fighting vandals as did "your mother",
and although it may seem prosaic
we are still parts of one mosaic.

Cooperation is our avowéd aim,
but dissent isn't quite the same;
Whether you're interesting, or bland,
you must fit in, or be banned.
--Rodhullandemu 01:26, 1 December 2008 (UTC)

Ooohhhh! Somebody's been reading WR! BADSITE!!!!!
Inquiring minds would like to know: How did you find this? By tracking Nishidani (talk · contribs)'s every move trying to catch him "out"? Or by meandering over to Wikipedia Review, spotting the topic, and then attacking? Either option doesn't make you look good (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Its discreet, its well written, QQ (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Jacina (talk) 09:22, 1 December 2008 (UTC)

Damn, this is a million times better than TNA Impact. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 1st December 2008, 9:46am) *

Ooohhhh! Somebody's been reading WR! BADSITE!!!!!
Inquiring minds would like to know: How did you find this? By tracking Nishidani (talk · contribs)'s every move trying to catch him "out"? Or by meandering over to Wikipedia Review, spotting the topic, and then attacking? Either option doesn't make you look good (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Its discreet, its well written, QQ (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Jacina (talk) 09:22, 1 December 2008 (UTC)

Damn, this is a million times better than TNA Impact. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

Of course, Jacina or friend (hi there whoever you are) must have gone to this site to know of this thread. Nevertheless they have failed to notice that this thread was started after No Calton had gone to AN/I.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

It gets better. I don't know who Nishidani is*, or who's in the right and wrong on this particular dispute, but this guy/girl's talents are truly wasted on Wikipedia.

*Poetry and Jewish biographies? I'm sure someone else had those interests, but I can't quite recall who it was... (Note before someone starts throwing accusations around: No, I don't actually think so for one moment.)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 1st December 2008, 11:09am) *

It gets better. I don't know who Nishidani is*, or who's in the right and wrong on this particular dispute, but this guy/girl's talents are truly wasted on Wikipedia.

*Poetry and Jewish biographies? I'm sure someone else had those interests, but I can't quite recall who it was... (Note before someone starts throwing accusations around: No, I don't actually think so for one moment.)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) If I thought Baxter was that talented, I'd be among folks aggitating for him to be allowed back on WP under his own name. But I saw no sign of much creativity among his many accounts both here on WR or on WP. Alas.

This guy does a dead-on Kipling. He must read him for breakfast. I'm tempted to ask him for a sestina, just to see what he can do.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove

QUOTE(SelfHater @ Mon 1st December 2008, 2:02pm) *

Of course, Jacina or friend (hi there whoever you are) must have gone to this site to know of this thread. Nevertheless they have failed to notice that this thread was started after No Calton had gone to AN/I.

Now, other people seem to be reading here too. An anon account based in Britain has just referred to him as No Calton too.
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction

Fat Cat

QUOTE(SelfHater @ Mon 1st December 2008, 11:48pm) *

Now, other people seem to be reading here too. An anon account based in Britain has just referred to him as No Calton too.

Nothing to see here – he's been referred to as "No Calton" since January. Although there are at least three links to this thread on WP, so I'm sure everyone involved is reading this.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 1st December 2008, 10:09am) *

Damn straight. Nishi, come join the Review.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 1st December 2008, 2:46am) *

Arghhh (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/pinch.gif) Critique from one of the tone-deaf who apparently cannot tell iambic from nambipambic.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

I was going to go read, but I'm afraid I'll step in another pile of Rodhullandemu.
+Quote Post
Newyorkbrad

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 1st December 2008, 10:35pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 1st December 2008, 2:46am) *

Arghhh (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/pinch.gif) Critique from one of the tone-deaf who apparently cannot tell iambic from nambipambic.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

I was going to go read, but I'm afraid I'll step in another pile of Rodhullandemu.

I've done a double dactyl on-wiki, some quatrains, and my long piece last April Fools Day, but I don't think any of them will be reprinted in a greatest-poems-of-the-decade collection. A few months ago, I tried to compose all of my RfA supports in rhymed couplets, but it didn't catch on.

(For wiki aficionados, which is admittedly stretching a long way away from the purpose of Wikipedia Review so I'll be brief, the best rhymed piece I've seen on or about wiki is the RfA candidate parody of "Modern Major General" by Bucketsofg.)
+Quote Post
Kato

dhd

QUOTE(Newyorkbrad @ Tue 2nd December 2008, 3:48am) *

(For wiki aficionados, which is admittedly stretching a long way away from the purpose of Wikipedia Review so I'll be brief, the best rhymed piece I've seen on or about wiki is the RfA candidate parody of "Modern Major General" by Bucketsofg.)

Oh c'mon, what about this... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=10695

I suspect Mike Godwin wrote it incognito...
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 1st December 2008, 9:03pm) *

QUOTE(Newyorkbrad @ Tue 2nd December 2008, 3:48am) *

Oh c'mon, what about this... (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=10695

I suspect Mike Godwin wrote it incognito...

IST VE NOT DER ADMINS HERE?
JA, VE IST DER ADMINS HERE!
SUPER DUPER ADMINS HERE!

In the North African campaign when Germans were captured, of course they had to endure parody courtesy of US troops singing Donald Duck:

Are Ve not the supermen
Aryan pure supermen
Ja ve ist der supermen
Super-duper supermen
Ist this Nutzi land not good?
Vould you leave it if you could?

Ja this Nutzi land is good!
Vee would leave it if ve could

You know, when Theodor Seuss Geisel joined the Army in 1943, be became commander of the Animation Dept of the First Motion Picture Unit of the United States Army Air Forces. And I'm sure he saw this Disney film, and I'm sure it had a big impact on him. Because I can hear Dr. Seuss in there already. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
The Adversary

CT (Check Troll)

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 30th November 2008, 11:36pm) *

Looks like it all started here.

It started for real here. Jaakobou has been hounding Tiamut for ages, Nishidani has tried to defend her, himself getting "warned" and chased off WP instead.

And his writing.... I think it was User:G-Dett (another great writer!) who called his writing for "verbal chandeliers". Two of WP´s better writers, and both of them are more or less chased off WP by the pro-Israeli/JIDF-lobby. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 1st December 2008, 7:09pm) *

Heh. I am quite sure Nishidani knows nothing about statistics (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) (He know quite a lot about Japan, though.)
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Newyorkbrad @ Mon 1st December 2008, 7:48pm) *

I've done a double dactyl on-wiki, some quatrains, and my long piece last April Fools Day, but I don't think any of them will be reprinted in a greatest-poems-of-the-decade collection. A few months ago, I tried to compose all of my RfA supports in rhymed couplets, but it didn't catch on.
I produced this humble Lewis Carroll parody.
+Quote Post
Jacina

Timezones suck (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif) so I rarely check times/dates on stuff.

Still I knew NoCal wasn't coming from here, I also know he must have been stalking (or wikistalking)

The amount of times I go through a user talk archive ... well I think I did it once before /shrug.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Mon 1st December 2008, 3:52pm) *

Although there are at least three links to this thread on WP, so I'm sure everyone involved is reading this.

Good, in that case, I can just say that Jaakobou and NoCal100 are obvious dicks and should get a life.
Rodhullandemu should be slapped with a noodle whenever he tries to write "poetry". (And at other times.)
And Nishidani is an awesome, cool editor.

Please Nishi, come to WR and grace us.
+Quote Post
jd turk

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 1st December 2008, 3:46am) *

Hell, what's not? Okay, maybe Smackdown, but still...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)