FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Mike Godwin, "reporter" -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Mike Godwin, "reporter"
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

Did you know that Mike Godwin occasionally writes for Reason, that famous libertarian rag?

Did you know that Mike visited the Occupy Oakland protest?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thekohser

The comments in response to Godwin's article are amusing, too. Reason apparently attracts a higher class of reader:

fish|10.28.11 @ 6:23PM|#

Rather you really need to develop some sort of social life. Anything.

Episiarch|10.28.11 @ 6:49PM|#

No, you're just retarded. Full retard.

rather |10.28.11 @ 6:48PM|#

I see you've been having fun with yourself again.

Honey, why don't you go back to masturbating and entertain both your little brains?

LOL|10.29.11 @ 1:19AM|#

Epi darling, tarran is confused. When I said I wanted to bang you on the head, I meant your drug addled brain, not your micropenis.

I see the confusion, same size, same IQ, and same leakage issue

Then again, there is this very insightful comment that must make Godwin, Reason, and libertarians squirm a bit:
"Cops must be unleashed, and allowed to administer instant punishment...unleash the cops to clear the streets of bums and vagrants. Where will they go? Who cares?" ~Murray Rothbard

How is the OPD's aggression to defend property values in the city not in accordance with the wishes of the founder of Libertarianism, and dean of the Austrian school of Economics?
+Quote Post
anthony

Postmaster

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 29th October 2011, 12:30pm) *

Then again, there is this very insightful comment that must make Godwin, Reason, and libertarians squirm a bit:

That's the problem with designating someone or something as "libertarian". It gets used for such diametrically opposed things...

There's a good possibility that some police used excessive force on October 25th. On the other hand, the whole "Occupy Wall Street" movement was begun as a call to use force ("go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen", http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-b...allstreet.html)
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 24,428

QUOTE(anthony @ Sun 30th October 2011, 11:24pm) *

There's a good possibility that some police used excessive force on October 25th. On the other hand, the whole "Occupy Wall Street" movement was begun as a call to use force ("go out and seize a square of singular symbolic significance and put our asses on the line to make it happen", http://www.adbusters.org/blogs/adbusters-b...allstreet.html)

Be wary of those who claim that their protests are peaceful. They want police brutality. Ever since Gandhi, protesters have always sought to provoke law enforcement into committing acts that doesn't make the established order look good. The media and public go crazy for that stuff, and the crowd knows it.

Here's Coulter on the subject in Demonic: How the Liberal Mob Is Endangering America:

Connor was a machine-politics, pro-union Democrat who had been elected to the Democratic National Committee from Alabama. He was also a vile racist, endorsed by Alabama’s Democratic, segregationist governor, George Wallace. After witnessing Connor’s brutal tactics to enforce segregation, the good citizens of Birmingham stepped in to remove him from his position as Commissioner of Public Safety. Birmingham’s middle class, business leaders, and Jewish community weren’t interested in having beery KKK nightriders in their town. First, they voted to eliminate Connor’s office; then — to be extra clear — they decisively voted against Connor when he ran for mayor.

It was over — responsible citizens and civil rights advocates had won. But Martin Luther King planned one last protest before Connor’s term expired. City merchants, including the black millionaire A.G. Gaston, opposed King’s protest on the grounds that Connor had already been beaten at the ballot box. On the day of Connor’s electoral defeat, Burke Marshall, a champion of civil rights in Kennedy’s Justice Department, called King and asked him to call off the Birmingham protests.

But King decided to deliberately provoke Connor, who was insane. This was a way to extend the movement, just as, years later, King would branch out from racial justice into “social justice.”

With television crews crawling all over Birmingham, King arranged for hundreds of black children to march on the city. As expected, this led to a total conflagration when Connor turned fire hoses and police dogs on little children, some as young as six years old. The explosive images from this confrontation were instantly broadcast around the world.

King had stoked this incredible fire to ignite his dying movement — dying because civil rights had won in the courts, at the ballot box, and in the hearts and minds of Americans. But King and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference's Wyatt Walker were “overjoyed” at the mayhem they had caused. Walker gloated, “There never was any more skillful manipulation of the news media than there was in Birmingham.”

These people want violence. The crowdsourced Wikipedia article on that march is little more than a stub:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_...civil_rights%29

A quote from Malcolm X is the only piece of criticism included.

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez:
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
EricBarbour   Mike Godwin, "reporter"  
thekohser   Mike must not be familiar with the known truism, ...  
thekohser   The crowdsourced Wikipedia article on that march ...  
mbz1   That may be because (according to one leading Wi...  
thekohser   Another question: how they know how many women or...  
mnemonic   The comments in response to Godwin's article ...  
Ottava   Did you know that Mike Godwin occasionally writes...  
Vigilant   [quote name='EricBarbour' post='287287' date='Sat...  
mnemonic   [quote name='EricBarbour' post='287287' date='Sa...  
anthony   Did you know that Mike visited the Occupy Oakland...  
mnemonic   Glad you all found the Occupy Oakland piece worth ...  
thekohser   Glad you all found the Occupy Oakland piece worth...  
mnemonic   Glad you all found the Occupy Oakland piece wort...  
thekohser   ...obviously I'm barred by attorney-client pr...  
mnemonic   ...obviously I'm barred by attorney-client p...  
EricBarbour   I should add that I'm happy to talk about the...  
mnemonic   I should add that I'm happy to talk about th...  
GlassBeadGame   I thought I was always slightly absurd. It distu...  
mnemonic   I thought I was always slightly absurd. It dist...  
thekohser   Google Analytics put all of your Google hits over...  
mnemonic   Google Analytics put all of your Google hits ove...  
thekohser   If I come across it again, I'll post the link...  
GlassBeadGame   If I come across it again, I'll post the lin...  
mnemonic   [quote name='thekohser' post='292664' date='Thu 5...  
Fusion   (of course) that "Godwin's Law" bit...  
mnemonic   [quote name='EricBarbour' post='292537' date='Wed...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='EricBarbour' post='292537' date='We...  
mnemonic   [quote name='mnemonic' post='292716' date='Thu 5t...  
Somey   That's an unusual interpretation of Godwin...  
mnemonic   [quote name='mnemonic' post='292745...  
anthony   ...obviously I'm barred by attorney-client p...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)