FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Maybe she'll give you a Lewinsky -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maybe she'll give you a Lewinsky, after you wipe your santorum off her ass
Tarc

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

So, here we go. A "new user" (herp derp) User:Kiwi Bomb (T-H-L-K-D) whips out a perfectly-wikified, abundantly-cited "Lewinsky (neologism)" page, adds it to a list of eponyms, the Monica Lewinsky articles, and somehow manages to find the recently contentious sexual neologism template. That "new user" sure knows his way around, eh?

Article deleted, Kiwi is blocked, SPI turns up nothing, unfortunately. The unblock request;

I have been unilaterally blocked for what appear to be political reasons. There is nothing wrong with the article I created or the sources I used. Please unblock me. Thank you.

is a bit too polished and measured, IMO. If I were really a new editor who logged in the same day as account creation and found myself blocke,d I tihkn my responses would be tinged with more "WTF is going on?" incredulity.

So what do we have here? Someone with a Monica hang-up, or just a hard-on for public figure neologisms? Another Dan Savage-like move to cut down someone who almost brought down a Democratic president?

The DRV at Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2011 July 2 (T-H-L-K-D) is chugging along right now
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 24,428

QUOTE(Tarc @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 11:03pm) *
SPI turns up nothing, unfortunately.

Why is it unfortunate? Are you upset that the evidence doesn't support your assumptions? And now everyone is falling back on WP:DUCK as the means to keep the block enforced. There wasn't any warning; there was only a knee-jerking reflex from a trigger-happy Dreadstar.

I don't support the article, but I do support due process. The article has a right to due process (AfD), Kiwi Bomb has a right to due process (blocking based on evidence) as well. Community consensus wasn't sought, and Kiwi Bomb was banned without a second's thought.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 9:07pm) *

Why is it unfortunate? Are you upset that the evidence doesn't support your assumptions? And now everyone is falling back on WP:DUCK as the means to keep the block enforced. There wasn't any warning; there was only a knee-jerking reflex from a trigger-happy Dreadstar.

I don't support the article, but I do support due process. The article has a right to due process (AfD), Kiwi Bomb has a right to due process (blocking based on evidence) as well. Community consensus wasn't sought, and Kiwi Bomb was banned without a second's thought.

The SPI turned up nothing and being a single purpose account is not a reason for blocking. The only problem this user made was in making an article that, while I would err on the side of deletion for it, was certainly not an attack page of any sort. What exactly was this user blocked for? [[User:Silver seren|Silver 03:39, 3 July 2011 (UTC)]]

I didn't make the block, but if I did, it would have been for violations of [[WP:SOCK]] and [[WP:POINT]]. [[User:NuclearWarfare|NW]] 03:42, 3 July 2011 (UTC)

Who is Kiwi Bomb a sock of? If you can tell me that, then I will gladly leave this alone. And creating an article is not a violation of [[WP:POINT]]. [[User:Silver seren|Silver]] 03:43, 3 July 2011 (UTC)

Apparently it's a violation of WP:POINT if some dumbass admin has a sufficiently thin skin, and decides to take it that way. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif)

Not that WP:POINT is a very good policy anyway. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

Boy, you know WR has been doing its work when these guys see satire in absolutely everything, and ban the hell out of every newb who looks like they're wielding it.

WP's getting to look like Nixon and Kent State these days.

+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

I suspect Cirt. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 9:49pm) *
I suspect Cirt. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

I BLAME SOCIETY!!! (blah)
+Quote Post
Ron Ritzman

Neophyte

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 12:07am) *

I haven't commented on this over "there" but "here" I'll give my opinion on this. I don't think he's a "sock" in the classic sense (he may have another account but it's probably not involved in the santorum mess) and I don't think he's trying to make a "WP:POINT". I think his "newness but obvious experience", the timing, and the subject, were all designed to create the drama that it did. In other words, he did it for the "lulz".
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Ron Ritzman @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 6:32am) *

I haven't commented on this over "there" but "here" I'll give my opinion on this. I don't think he's a "sock" in the classic sense (he may have another account but it's probably not involved in the santorum mess) and I don't think he's trying to make a "WP:POINT". I think his "newness but obvious experience", the timing, and the subject, were all designed to create the drama that it did. In other words, he did it for the "lulz".

Well then, a new policy is needed: WP:NOLULZ
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 9:07pm) *

And now everyone is falling back on WP:DUCK as the means to keep the block enforced. There wasn't any warning; there was only a knee-jerking reflex from a trigger-happy Dreadstar.
Nothing out of the ordinary here.
+Quote Post
Ron Ritzman

Neophyte

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 10:35am) *

Well then, a new policy is needed: WP:NOLULZ

Well, we do have WP:DENY which is all but undoable in reality. The only way this guy wouldn't have got what he wanted was for either "a" the Lewinsky (neologism) page gets completely ignored or "b" the article gets immediately deleted, he gets blocked without talk page access, and nobody comments. Both were unlikely.

This post has been edited by Ron Ritzman:
+Quote Post
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

Perhaps I should write WP:SRSBZNS

Complete with lolcat pic.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 2:54pm) *

Which we have already:

WP:SRSBZNS

(IMG:http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Shrlocc/CeilingJimbo.jpg)
+Quote Post
NuclearWarfare

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 4th July 2011, 2:40am) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 2:54pm) *

Which we have already:

WP:SRSBZNS

(IMG:http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Shrlocc/CeilingJimbo.jpg)

Would be more effective with the creepy-as-hell peeking Jimbo:

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Jimbo_Peeking.gif)
+Quote Post
Silver seren

Well, block is overturned now.

I helped. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Mon 4th July 2011, 3:34am) *

Well, block is overturned now.

I helped. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

It seemed like a sock to me.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

Why is it unfortunate? Are you upset that the evidence doesn't support your assumptions?

As I told you over there, I go with the gut. Kiwi is a good/clever sock, I'll give him that, but if you really think it is a "new" editor, you're pretty dense.

Same goes for User:Gacurr (T-H-L-K-D).
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 4th July 2011, 6:12pm) *

Why is it unfortunate? Are you upset that the evidence doesn't support your assumptions?

As I told you over there, I go with the gut. Kiwi is a good/clever sock, I'll give him that, but if you really think it is a "new" editor, you're pretty dense.

I think Gacurr is probably Benjiboi, but I could be wrong.
+Quote Post
Silver seren

Coren says that he just blocked Gacurr's numerous other accounts, so...

Presumably, he didn't come up with any known sockmaster, he just found a bunch of tied together accounts, which is why he's asking the question on Gacurr's talk page.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Tue 5th July 2011, 12:19am) *

Coren says that he just blocked Gacurr's numerous other accounts, so...

Presumably, he didn't come up with any known sockmaster, he just found a bunch of tied together accounts, which is why he's asking the question on Gacurr's talk page.

Coren is a stupid cunt, if he were any more stupid he'd be Fred Bauder.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 4th July 2011, 6:12pm) *

A good or clever sock, however, would not have used such sophisticated edit summaries within in the first few edits, as Kiwi had. I'm not sure why most socks don't understand that. I mean, unless you are expecting to only use the account for a week or so before abandoning it, then at least make a better attempt at disguising your experience.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 4th July 2011, 2:29pm) *

My thought as well, when some clod gave me a "tsk tsk, don't bite the newbies" warning after I got on Gacurr's case a few weeks ago.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(melloden @ Mon 4th July 2011, 8:03pm) *
A good or clever sock, however, would not have used such sophisticated edit summaries within in the first few edits, as Kiwi had. I'm not sure why most socks don't understand that. I mean, unless you are expecting to only use the account for a week or so before abandoning it, then at least make a better attempt at disguising your experience.

People are rarely as clever as they believe themselves to be, though. The technical side of socking is something any 2nd rate /b/-tard could do, but changing one's behavioral style, mannerisms, etc...is an entirely trickier game.

Kiwi's got quite a fixation on Monica's family it seems, as we're onto an AfD about dear ol dad now; Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Bernard Lewinsky (T-H-L-K-D)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 4th July 2011, 9:32pm) *

My thought as well, when some clod gave me a "tsk tsk, don't bite the newbies" warning after I got on Gacurr's case a few weeks ago.

Wikipedia only bites ACTUAL newbies, like Wordbomb.

We have Gerrard on Arbcomm saying essentially: well, Weiss and Bagley, both caught socking and both banned and another day in WP.

Except there's a problem: Weiss was an old hand and knew better. At the time, Bagley didn't. And also, his cause was a lot better. Slim ignored all that since Bagley was trying (clumsily) to protest about Weiss's socking, control of articles, and COI. Nobody believed him, or nobody cared.

And there's the problem with Wikipedia. If somebody had listened to Bagley when he showed up, and explained the rules, and initiated an investigation, they've had saved themselves endless pain, and Slim would probably still be anonymous! But no. She just had to step on the guy. And it cost her dearly.

Well, when you treat other people like that, you get a stinger in your foot. It's happening to Jimbo, and it will happen to Gerard. Karma. It's already happened to Weiss. In fact, Arbcomm eventually helped in THAT one. LOL.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(melloden @ Tue 5th July 2011, 12:03am) *

I doubt someone whose name is an anagram of "wikibomb" and whose first efforts are to create the mirror image of the santorum article is really trying to fly under the radar. I suspect that it will not be possible for that article to get the top Google ranking for Lewinsky, but it is already number one for "lewinsky euphemism" according to my search...
+Quote Post
Ron Ritzman

Neophyte

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Tue 5th July 2011, 8:29am) *

I doubt someone whose name is an anagram of "wikibomb" and whose first efforts are to create the mirror image of the santorum article is really trying to fly under the radar.

Which supports my "trollz and lulz" hypothesis. He drops a "wikibomb" and then sits back and laughs at the explosion of drama. This is a WP version of the Flame Warriors grenade.

This post has been edited by Ron Ritzman:
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Kiw...locked_again.3F

They couldn't find a way to block his account, so the Wikipedians found alternative means to force her or him off the wiki.

Perhaps it's too early to make a call, but Kiwi_Bomb haven't made a revision since July 7th, so I'm assuming they succeeded in making Kiwi_Bomb's experience at Wikipedia miserable to the point that she or he finally gave up.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Sun 10th July 2011, 5:35pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Kiw...locked_again.3F

They couldn't find a way to block his account, so the Wikipedians found alternative means to force her or him off the wiki.

Bullshit. Kiwi has the option to not use a blacklisted Hong Kong server...but we all kknow that if he logged in with his real IP, it'd be connected to whoever his real ID is.

Perhaps it's too early to make a call, but Kiwi_Bomb haven't made a revision since July 7th, so I'm assuming they succeeded in making Kiwi_Bomb's experience at Wikipedia miserable to the point that she or he finally gave up.

Do you still believe at this point that "Kiwi Bomb" was a legitimately new user who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

His name is a thinly-veiled anagram for "wikibomb", an essay coined in the wake of the santorum wars. He creates an article called "Lewinsky (neologism)" which all but screams as a shout-out to santorum. The SPI comes up clean, but then we find he was logging in from a blacklisted box on a Hong Kong ISP.

Seriously Mike, remove your head from your ass and wake the fuck up.

And if you didn't notice what he's been upto the last few days, then you missed the AN/I discussion about the Wikialpha, a MediaWiki site that was bot-mailing editors that their articles were being culled from the AfD logs and preserved. Some editors such as Mathewignash, a Transformers otaku so pathetic that even tfwiki ran him out on a rail, have found a comfy haven there. And your poor soul Kiwi wasted no time in recreating the Lewinsky page there, too.

+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 11th July 2011, 2:22am) *

Do you still believe at this point that "Kiwi Bomb" was a legitimately new user who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

His name is a thinly-veiled anagram for "wikibomb", an essay coined in the wake of the santorum wars. He creates an article called "Lewinsky (neologism)" which all but screams as a shout-out to santorum. The SPI comes up clean, but then we find he was logging in from a blacklisted box on a Hong Kong ISP.

And everyone sees that what Cirt did with the santorum article was a bad, bad thing. They ban Cirt, delete both articles, formulate a strategy for dealing with future wikibombs, and everyone lives happily ever after. No? That isn't how this story ends? Why not?
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 10th July 2011, 10:52pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 11th July 2011, 2:22am) *

And everyone sees that what Cirt did with the santorum article was a bad, bad thing. They ban Cirt, delete both articles, formulate a strategy for dealing with future wikibombs, and everyone lives happily ever after. No? That isn't how this story ends? Why not?

Most people agree with the anti-santorum message, is the problem there. As I noted earlier, if Glenn Beck called the frothy mixture of cocaine and semen an "obamalama", the resulting article wouldn't last a minute.

This post has been edited by Tarc:
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Sun 10th July 2011, 10:22pm) *
And if you didn't notice what he's been upto the last few days, then you missed the AN/I discussion about the Wikialpha, a MediaWiki site that was bot-mailing editors that their articles were being culled from the AfD logs and preserved. Some editors such as Mathewignash, a Transformers otaku so pathetic that even tfwiki ran him out on a rail, have found a comfy haven there. And your poor soul Kiwi wasted no time in recreating the Lewinsky page there, too.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki?title=Special...ser%3AKiwi_Bomb

Kiwi_Bomb went to WikiAlpha only after being chased off by a mob carrying ready to lynch. Just most Americans refuse to believe in the possibility of Casey Anthony's innocence, Wikipedians refuse to believe in the possibility of Kiwi_Bomb's innocence.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipedi...nt_of_WikiAlpha

Oh dear, WikiAlpha doesn't sound all that good. They also publish everything under the public domain rather than more protective licenses such as CC-BY-SA:

Dedicator recognizes that, once placed in the public domain, the Work may be freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, used, modified, built upon, or otherwise exploited by anyone for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and in any way, including by methods that have not yet been invented or conceived.

There isn't any guarantee of attribution, and there isn't any guarantee that changelogs and page histories would be preserved or even linked to. Authors beware.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Mon 11th July 2011, 8:41am) *
Kiwi_Bomb went to WikiAlpha only after being chased off by a mob carrying ready to lynch. Just most Americans refuse to believe in the possibility of Casey Anthony's innocence, Wikipedians refuse to believe in the possibility of Kiwi_Bomb's innocence.

"Not guilty" vs. "she murdered her child but there isn't enough evidence for a conviction".

Not quite the same thing.

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/tarc0917/Casey99probs.jpg)

+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(Tarc @ Sun 10th July 2011, 10:22pm) *

And if you didn't notice what he's been upto the last few days, then you missed the AN/I discussion about the Wikialpha, a MediaWiki site that was bot-mailing editors that their articles were being culled from the AfD logs and preserved.
That is such a great example of "I'm in charge here! You WILL do as I say!" -- from Ironholds.

"No. You will not notify editors that their contributions have been hosted on Wikialpha. I don't care if some of them want it. I don't care if it's useful to them."
Let me make it clear, because you obviously haven't grasped it yet. Wikipedia and its email functions do not exist to provide either a catalyst or a carrot to your project. If you attempt to use the email function, the talkpage function, data gathered on wikipedia, contact information gathered on wikipedia or anything else from wikipedia in what amounts to advertising for your website, whether it violates the letter of policy or not, I. Will. Block. You. If anyone else does it, I will block them too. If it keeps happening we'll checkuser them, block all the accounts, and so on and so forth until you get the hint. Ironholds (talk) 18:11, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
Mmmmm.... I wonder how far they will go. If Wikialpha has a user base, if it's more than one person, this could get ... interesting.

The idea of a "deletion space" for Wikipedia is an old one. I proposed it years ago (I called it "junkyard space," and the only thing excluded from it would be illegal content, stuff would be moved there instead of deleted), and the basic idea wasn't new. There was deletionpedia, as I recall. If a project like this gets a user based, like more than one person who actually maintains it, it could be quite helpful. The idea that you have to be an admin to read a deleted article is nuts.

Would I want to know if an article I'd written was hosted at Wikialpha? Sure, I would. I can't imagine anyone that would not to know, unless a deletionist who was emailed only because of the AfD tag placed!

However, it would be best if the notifications were simply on-wiki. That's what's crazy here. Instead of looking for how to cooperate, the wikipediots only think of one thing: control. An opt-out list was suggested. It might be opt-in, if that were properly publicized.

What Ironholds is asking for, I'd say, is a campaign. Where do I sign up? Seems he'd like to push his block button a few times, or a few hundred thousand times with range blocks. I got lots-o-range to contribute. I'll check out wikialpha.

Should someone who cares about Wikipedia tell Ironholds that daring people to edit Wikipedia "disruptively," by threatening them, tends to cause the behavior?

How many emails can a mailbot send before being detected? I'm curious. Anyone know?

I suspect they are emailing because they can get more messages out before detection than if they use on-wiki notification.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

The State has vast resources, if they can't provide convincing evidence of guilt then maybe there isn't any.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Wikialpha doesn't seem to be very active at all. I don't think the copy of Lewinsky (neologism) is going to be a problem, since Google can't even find it yet with "lewinsky+(neologism)+site:en.wikialpha.org". Since Wikialpha will have copies of WP articles, Google is likely to treat them as a scraper site and lower their ranking in the results.

I did find something interesting at Wikialpha, though.
  • 14:16 Kiwi Bomb account created
  • 14:21 Lewinsky (neologism) article created
  • 14:28 Lewinsky redirect created
  • 14:33 Wikilulz account created
  • 14:33 Wikilulz replaces Lewinsky (neologism) with "DISREGARD THIS, KIWI SUCKS COCK"
  • 14:35 Wikilulz replaces Lewinsky with "DISREGARD THIS, KIWI SUCKS COCK"
  • 14:35+ Wikilulz goes on a small spree of replacing the content of other articles with "DELETED ARTICLE IS DELETED"
  • 14:42 Wikilulz uploads an image (now deleted so I don't know what it was)
  • 14:43 Wikilulz returns to Lewinsky (neologism) to place the image there
  • 14:44 Wikilulz gets blocked

Wow, less than 15 minutes after the lewinsky article is created and someone from WP has already shown up to mess with it. I wonder which honourable Wikipedian was waiting for the chance to do that? Tarc?

+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

Yes, it was me. I also shot JFK, spiked Jim Morrison's coke with heroin, and Jimmy Hoffa's jawbone is hanging over my mantle.

But my most shameful confession is from the 3rd grade, Miss Goldwin's class. After all this time, I can finally bring myself to admit that I

I

I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

Article gone bye byes.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 11th July 2011, 1:56pm) *
I also shot JFK, spiked Jim Morrison's coke with heroin, and Jimmy Hoffa's jawbone is hanging over my mantle.

I knew it! You naughty person, you! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)

Just to add my $0.02, I can't see the harm in these Wikialpha/"Deletopedia" notifications either, as long as there's an opt-out function. Obviously it would be better for all concerned if Wikialpha didn't exist, but the same could be said for Wikipedia too, so...

I suspect what they're really concerned about, or at least what the more clever and forward-thinking WP'ers (assuming there ever were any to begin with) are concerned about, is that if the existence of Wikialpha were to become widely known, newer WP users would write fewer new articles. New article topics are becoming an increasingly rare commodity as it is, so that would be just one more thing that might drive such people off.
+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th July 2011, 5:19pm) *
Just to add my $0.02, I can't see the harm in these Wikialpha/"Deletopedia" notifications either, as long as there's an opt-out function. Obviously it would be better for all concerned if Wikialpha didn't exist, but the same could be said for Wikipedia too, so...

I suspect what they're really concerned about, or at least what the more clever and forward-thinking WP'ers (assuming there ever were any to begin with) are concerned about, is that if the existence of Wikialpha were to become widely known, newer WP users would write fewer new articles. New article topics are becoming an increasingly rare commodity as it is, so that would be just one more thing that might drive such people off.
I doubt it. I think the concern is pretty straightforward, it's just that the thinking is narrow. The cabal doesn't want more traffic disturbing them, they don't need these notifications. Administrators can read the deleted articles anyway. No, they don't like Wikialpha et al partly because they think article creation will expand, with more non-notable articles, and the idea of all the deleted stuff being visible offends them.

The concern about email is legitimate. It's not spam, that was stupid. The question is really the same as regarding on-wiki notification of AfD. What would be thought about extensive email notification of that? I've never heard of it being done. It is "push" content and the cabal depends on fancruft editors not being on-line enough to notice the AfDs.

That's my silly theory, anyway.

The stuff about 'bots was a red herring. They were asked about individual users sending notifications. Horrors! No, we'll block anyone who touches this crazy idea!

Ironholds should see his bit challenged for his bluster. But anyone care to place a bet on that?
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 11th July 2011, 5:19pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Mon 11th July 2011, 1:56pm) *
I also shot JFK, spiked Jim Morrison's coke with heroin, and Jimmy Hoffa's jawbone is hanging over my mantle.

I knew it! You naughty person, you! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)

The thing is, what is the purpose, the goal, the aim of such a project? Just like in politics when the ABB (Anyone But Bush) movement fizzled once John Kerry showed himself to be kindof a clod, one can only get so much mileage out of being simply contrary, the "we're what the Wikipedia isn't" shtick won't sustain interest for long.

Already it looks be little more than a wiki Island of Misfit Toys. Even Abd washed ashore today.

My problem with it is that contentious, dubious articles that are deleted will be given a second life. Not Mr. Fanboy's Transformers masturbations, that's just something to make fun of, not to worry much about...but the Lewinsky neologisms, the porn starlets, all of Mila's Zionist propaganda articles, and so on.

What if someone resurrects the Daniel Brandt wikipedia article? Will WR's collective heads turn then?

+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 5th July 2011, 5:32am) *

Why do you care who Gacurr really is, does it really matter to you?
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 11th July 2011, 7:26pm) *

QUOTE(Tarc @ Tue 5th July 2011, 5:32am) *

Why do you care who Gacurr really is, does it really matter to you?

Isn't over half of this forum pretty much devoted to outing real life identities in one manner or another? Whether it is Brandt hyperventilating over Wiki and Ed admins, Kohs tracking down Jimbo to trailer parks, the pages and pages of old discussion of who Jayjg and SV really are, to the current topic speculating on Wikileaker's id.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)