FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
PaoloNapolitano : It's my turn now -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PaoloNapolitano : It's my turn now, PaoloNapolitano takes me to AN/I
Zoloft

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 16,621

PaoloNapolitano continues his crusade against Wikipedia Review by taking me, a mere mouse, to the dramaboards.

Result? People accuse me of being less than collegial. Well, maybe. I'm willing to listen to criticism. I'll use less vinegar and more buzz words next time. Wikipedians love buzz words!

PaoloNapolitano: join us here and see we're not all evil.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Zoloft, a "meh" response at ANI is in fact a huge victory for you. Normally ANI is a spot where the hanging judges get together.
+Quote Post
melloden

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 12th February 2012, 1:36am) *

PaoloNapolitano continues his crusade against Wikipedia Review by taking me, a mere mouse, to the dramaboards.

Result? People accuse me of being less than collegial. Well, maybe. I'm willing to listen to criticism. I'll use less vinegar and more buzz words next time. Wikipedians love buzz words!

Maybe I'm being a little too much of a Wikipedia-game-player, but it seems that PaoloNapolitano has a suspiciously experienced start.

Aside from those curiously deleted edits, isn't this a tad peculiar for a new user? He knows the lingo pretty well too.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(melloden @ Sat 11th February 2012, 10:00pm) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 12th February 2012, 1:36am) *

Maybe I'm being a little too much of a Wikipedia-game-player, but it seems that PaoloNapolitano has a suspiciously experienced start.

Aside from those curiously deleted edits, isn't this a tad peculiar for a new user? He knows the lingo pretty well too.

Oh, definitely in the "sock, just don't know whose sock" category.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

QUOTE(radek @ Sat 11th February 2012, 11:07pm) *

Oh, definitely in the "sock, just don't know whose sock" category.

He might have had an account before, but I don't think he's a "sock" in the way you're thinking. Some people just adapt easily to the whole kissing the cabalists' rings thing.

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sat 11th February 2012, 8:36pm) *

I almost brought that up here this morning, but I couldn't remember whether you were doing the incognito thing.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

Group: Staffy

I get the feeling (PaoloNapolitano (T-C-L-K-R-D) ) is a wannabe-rebel looking for a cause...
I was born in Toronto (T-H-L-K-D) to Italian Canadians (T-H-L-K-D). I'm a pizza lover, as I grew up (or spent lots of time) in my parent's restaurant in Little Italy, Toronto (T-H-L-K-D). I now have been living in Oslo (T-H-L-K-D), Norway (T-H-L-K-D) for six years, after I fell in love with a Norwegian girl. I am working part-time as a pizza chef, and I'm studying to be a journalist.
Angry burgerflipper destined to become an intern for life basically...

Interestingly, the first 24-28 Feb 2011of his profile seems to have all been revision-deleted ("revel'd" in WP nuspeak[1][2][3], former codename "oversight": [4][5]):
wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PaoloNapolitano?action=history

So I read some more and found some fun stuff:

2011-02-24, 06:51 — First edit is his own user page: "Created page with 'My name is Paolo, I am a pizza chef."
2011-02-26, 2nd day after starting editing:
• "mozzarella"
• wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Arbitration_Committee?diff=prev&oldid=416097671
I think that the committee members should give up their administrator privilegies
[..]propose a "lay committee member" system. It would work like this:
* Editors in good standing who have never been a committee member (perhaps more than 500 edits and half a year of registration) may enlist to be a lay committee member.
2011-02-27, 3rd day after starting editing:
• 14:34-35 — suddenly asks if he's Autoconfirmed yet
• 19:07 — joins the [WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia mailing list with an anonymous "paolopizza1" gmail address, calling himself "Paolo Antonelli"
Subject: Re: editing wikipedia by thought
Newsgroups: gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.english
Date: 2011-02-27 19:07:56 GMT (49 weeks, 6 days, 15 hours and 1 minute ago)

Dear Mr. Hoekstra,

Registered users may select "Preferences" in the top right toolbar, and then
select "Appearance" and tick off "Simple" under "Skin". The "Simple" skin is
designed for vision-impaired individuals, with its large font size and
simpler lay-out.

Yours sincerly, PaoloNapolitano
in Little Italy in Toronto there aren't actually that many pizza places. Little Italy in Toronto is actually really little, it's centred around one street.
•None of them seemed be registered to anyone with the name Antonelli
2011-02-28, 4th day after started editing:
• 10:16 — Starts using the aggressive advanced editing script Twinkle that most new people don't even know EXISTS: wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bercovici?diff=prev&oldid=416354522 and starts padding out edit count with lots of script-assisted edits wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/PaoloNapolitano?dir=prev
• 10:47 — wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanis?action=history #redirect [[Penis]] "Common mis-spelling"
• wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete?page=User:PaoloNapolitano:
•• 20:06 — BozMo (talk | contribs) changed revision visibility of "User:PaoloNapolitano": removed content for 5 revisions ‎ (RD6: Non-contentious housekeeping, RevDel corrections, notes, conversion: Newbie own request on personal info)
•• 20:04 — BozMo (talk | contribs) changed revision visibility of "User:PaoloNapolitano": removed content for 1 revision ‎ (RD6: Non-contentious housekeeping, RevDel corrections, notes, conversion: User self declared personal info on own page and requested revdel)
[..]
2011-11-12, 19:46-20:42 — wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration Committee Elections December 2011/Candidates/PaoloNapolitano/Statement?diff=prev&oldid=460337631
It is time to once again [not mentioning that he has been editing less than a year] elect our Arbitrators. The ArbCom is intended to be the last resort of dispute resolution. The major problem of the Committee is that the its composition does not reflect the true range of Wikipedians. The ArbCom has never had a non-administrator member and that is in my eyes a major issue. The main concern is that many users involved in Arbitration procedures feel that they are being judged by a court of Wikipedian "elders". That is a very serious issue for Wikipedia and I believe that the Committee would only benefit from having a non-administrator Arbitrator. If I was a party in an Arbitration case I would be relieved to find a non-administrator in the committee that sees Wikipedia through the eyes of the vast majority of the community.

The other major concern is that the ArbCom deals with Administrator misconduct. I believe that it is unfair that the people who judge administrators' actions are administrators themselves. It gives the average user no say about administrators' actions. The administrators deals with the average users' conduct, but the average user does not deal with the administrators' conduct. Is that fair?

If I become the first ever non-administrator to be elected to the Committee I will be the voice of the "average Joe" [right...] of Wikipedia. While others might see my lack of administrative experience as a weakness, I see it as my strenght. Why? Because it gives me the advantage to make my statements and votes without any administrator bias.

A vote for me is a vote for a free and independent voice that represents the average user. Tick off my name when you vote. The Arbitration Committee needs an average guy the next years!
(IMG:http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/1CJCc9cgPAo/default.jpg)

Ok, very obvious sockpuppet, but who?

This could be a smoking gun, banned GNAA troll "Rainbow dash" (later renamed to Fluttershy):
2011-11-12, 23:18 — wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fluttershy?diff=next&oldid=455194120
|[[William Ernest Henley]]| }}
===Random things===
===Random things===
â?? *This user supports [[User:PaoloNapolitano]] for the 2011 ArbCom elections.
===Good Articles===
===Good Articles===
•wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fluttershy?diff=prev&oldid=460697132 — wiped
del This editor is a deletionist.
wikipedia.org/wiki/user:PaoloNapolitano/monobook.js?action=history
importScript('User:Mr.Z-man/closeAFD[Articles For Deletion].js');
Not Admin.svg This editor is not an administrator and does not wish to be one.
Remember what "PaoloNaopolitano" said about wanting arbcom to not require being an administrator?

Fluttershy/Rainbowdash = wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_sockpuppets_of_Pickbothmanlol

I did a bit more reading about "Pickmanbothlol" and also from Canada apparently and obviously is very capable of manipulating his IP to appear from Norway from the cavalcade of sockpuppets above... probably just uses translate.google.com to translate some Norweigan stuff occasionally (or a friend)

After all, who'd suspect someone from a totally different country? It's like how "Malik Shabazz" (also a poster here) claims to be a jew who has conveniently "forgotten most of my hebrew" whilst constantly editing supporting the viciously racist Nation of Islam stuff. They use POV "shields" it seems like...

He signed up for an account here a few days ago. I'll be interested in the response...
+Quote Post
Zoloft

Well, I think he's a pizza chef the way I'm a nuclear physicist.
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

Finally, I am in the game. Let me introduce myself:

"Antonelli" is a pseudonym of mine, while Paolo, is indeed my real name. I am not very happy for being outed here, but I'll have to accept that freedom of speech exists.

I have been a regular user (reader) of Wikipedia for ages, and about a year and a half ago (summer of 10') I picked up interest in what went on behind the scenes of Wikipedia, and after half a year of studying policy, etc., I registered. I have NEVER had an account before, and that some my first edits was an ArbCom proposal came as a result of something I had been thinking about for months.

Twinkle is a fantastic tool that does my, and thousands of other gnomes and elves' work much easier. I have made several hundred TW edits, and I would recommend it to everyone.

The RevDeling was uncontroversial as I posted some information of a personal nature which I didn't really think twice about.

I live in Norway, I have no reason to manipulate my IP to make it look like it.

+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 12th February 2012, 2:27am) *

"Antonelli" is a pseudonym of mine, while Paolo, is indeed my real name. I am not very happy for being outed here, but I'll have to accept that freedom of speech exists.

I have been a regular user (reader) of Wikipedia for ages, and about a year and a half ago (summer of 10') I picked up interest in what went on behind the scenes of Wikipedia, and after half a year of studying policy, etc., I registered. I have NEVER had an account before, and that some my first edits was an ArbCom proposal came as a result of something I had been thinking about for months.

Twinkle is a fantastic tool that does my, and thousands of other gnomes and elves' work much easier. I have made several hundred TW edits, and I would recommend it to everyone.

The RevDeling was uncontroversial as I posted some information of a personal nature which I didn't really think twice about.

Welcome to Wikipedia Review. Look around. Have some fun.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

Spoken like a true wannabe politican. The email lists are public, there was no "outing". Revealing you are a returned banned user is not quite the same.

If you want to "out" yourself by saying your "real name" is "Paolo" though that's your decision, but I just had a look and the email address you signed up with has a totally different name attached to it, that I won't mention, how do you explain that?
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

I guess this is his reply: wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/delete?user=DarkFalls&page=User:PaoloNapolitano :
10:52, 12 February 2012 DarkFalls (T-C-L-K-R-D) deleted "User:PaoloNapolitano" ‎ (G7: One author who has requested deletion or blanked the page)

(cur | prev) 10:53, 12 February 2012‎ PaoloNapolitano (T-C-L-K-R-D) (538 bytes) (←Created page with '{{Babel|en|no-4|fr-2}} {{Userboxtop|toptext=}} {{User in Norway|3|res=yes|cit=no|int=|pro=|color=|float=|align=|nocat=}} {{User wikipedia/WikiElf}} {{User wikipe...')

wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Snowolf?diff=next&oldid=476427856:
"ubarabba"
Revision as of 10:51, 12 February 2012 (edit)
PaoloNapolitano (T-C-L-K-R-D)
(...)
Revision as of 10:53, 12 February 2012 (edit) (undo)
Snowolf (T-C-L-K-R-D)
(Undid revision 476427856 by PaoloNapolitano (talk))
+Quote Post
Cedric

General Gato

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 12th February 2012, 4:27am) *

. . .

Velkommen, Paolo!

Come hang out with the "trolls"
+Quote Post
PaoloNapolitano

Unregistered

QUOTE(Cedric @ Sun 12th February 2012, 3:51pm) *

. . .

Velkommen, Paolo!

Tusen takk!

Such a nice place here, anyone who wants to eat a match?

This post has been edited by PaoloNapolitano:
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 12th February 2012, 4:34pm) *

you're an idiot.
+Quote Post
melloden

QUOTE(PaoloNapolitano @ Sun 12th February 2012, 10:27am) *

(...)

That "information of a personal nature" wouldn't happen to be your name, would it? (I doubt you're stupid enough to put your address on Wikipedia, sock or not.)

If I persuaded an admin to look at those first deleted revisions would it say "Paolo Antonelli" somewhere? Because I mean people who use pseudonyms usually don't want those pseudonyms to be known, right?

I've seen enough outings where the damage control maneuvering just makes it more clear that the outing was correct.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

After all, who'd suspect someone from a totally different country? It's like how "Malik Shabazz" (also a poster here) claims to be a jew who has conveniently "forgotten most of my hebrew" whilst constantly editing supporting the viciously racist Nation of Islam stuff. They use POV "shields" it seems like...

I'm pretty sure Malik is more or less who he says he is. I think you're confusing an instance of a user who really does try to maintain "neutrality" on some very controversial topics (like NoI or P/I conflict) with "Advocacy" (so did mbz1 and others). One CAN at least try to be neutral even on things one doesn't necessarily agree on. And umm, I betcha most American Jews are in the "forgotten what ever Hebrew they learned at some point" category. It's not like there's that much opportunity for every day use so it's understandable that the knowledge of it would depreciate over time unless one makes a very labor intensive effort to keep it. Just like with most languages. I think the same thing would be true for any other "insert some group here"-Americans.

+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

No, he actively defends racist organisations by claiming they are "separatist" instead of racist: wikipedia.org/wiki/?diff=476437303&oldid=476403430#Sources... total slimeball
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Selina @ Sun 12th February 2012, 8:22pm) *

No, he actively defends racist organisations by claiming they are "separatist" instead of racist: wikipedia.org/wiki/?diff=476437303&oldid=476403430#Sources... total slimeball

Whatevs.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Paging Horsey...
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

Young Paolo the pizza man is apparently after all of us. Maybe we should all stalk his contribs and make daily reports about what a dweeb he seems to be?

(I thought I had posted something like this yesterday, but apparently didn't.)
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 13th February 2012, 11:49pm) *

Young Paolo the pizza man is apparently after all of us. Maybe we should all stalk his contribs and make daily reports about what a dweeb he seems to be?

Something just ought to be done, that's fer sure.

+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

PaoloNapolitano (T-C-L-K-R-D) seems less pizzaman more like a postalman. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 13th February 2012, 11:49pm) *

Ah, the naivety of the committed Wikipedian - Information Must Be Free, and there is only One True Source of Information and that is Wikipedia, therefore if there is Nasty Information that We Don't Like, if it cannot be posted on Wikipedia then it does not exist and the problem is solved.

I'm so pleased life is becoming so easy for the masses, if only it were that way in our day.
+Quote Post
greyed.out.fields

Neophyte

QUOTE(Cedric @ Sun 12th February 2012, 2:51pm) *

. . .

Velkommen, Paolo!

Looks like a furby wrapped in a Norwegian flag.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Sun 12th February 2012, 4:45am) *

Some people just adapt easily to the whole kissing the cabalists' rings thing.
Or simply kissing the cabalists' thing. Now he shows up at the TimidGuy case.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

wikipedia.org/wiki/?diff=next&oldid=475070440
+Quote Post
mbz1

Interesting
Dear Jimbo, Wikipedia Review, a website you most likely know what is about, has been in focus for a period of time now. Several users who are banned or blocked from Wikipedia for a variety of reasons use the website to attack our editors. But the main problem is that also several users who are still active at Wikipedia use the page for that purpose. Would you consider making an official statement about Wikipedia Review, as I believe that this page has no positive effect on our community and the sole purpose is to harass us. Many users who use Wikipedia Review link to their Wikipedia accounts, so their posts to WR are linked to their WP account. Do you feel that a personal attack directed at Wikipedia or a Wikipedia editor from such a WR user would be blockable on WP? Sincerly, PaoloNapolitano 09:50, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Member No.: 982

QUOTE(mbz1 @ Tue 21st February 2012, 3:13pm) *

Interesting
Dear Jimbo, Wikipedia Review, a website you most likely know what is about, has been in focus for a period of time now. Several users who are banned or blocked from Wikipedia for a variety of reasons use the website to attack our editors. But the main problem is that also several users who are still active at Wikipedia use the page for that purpose. Would you consider making an official statement about Wikipedia Review, as I believe that this page has no positive effect on our community and the sole purpose is to harass us. Many users who use Wikipedia Review link to their Wikipedia accounts, so their posts to WR are linked to their WP account. Do you feel that a personal attack directed at Wikipedia or a Wikipedia editor from such a WR user would be blockable on WP? Sincerly, PaoloNapolitano 09:50, 21 February 2012 (UTC)

Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PaoloNap...tack_Protection
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

So Fluttershy/PaoloNapolitano is now apparently trying to start "WP:BADSITES" all over again for the lols...
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

It won't last 5 minutes in actual project-space before it gets sent off for deletion discussion.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

Oddly enough he seems to be emulating Will Beback, which would seem an odd choice of role models given the current state of Will's affairs. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 21st February 2012, 2:25pm) *

Well, this is just terrible. I know English probably isn't his first language and he's been living in Norway for a long time, but it's an English language encyclopedia-like website - can't he come up with better sentence constructions than these?

Advocating the removal of personal attacks and outing of personal information on third-party websites independent of Wikipedia

Talk about dangling participles. They're advocating the outing of personal information? That's not even correct subject-verb agreement. You don't "out" personal information, you "out" actual people. The information is how you achieve your goal of "outing," assuming you're the sort of person who does that sort of thing.

Provide support for editors who have been the victims of such attacks including helping to sustain the editor's motivation for editing Wikipedia

The attacks have included helping to sustain the editor's motivation for editing WP? Sure, that's a particularly dastardly form of attack, but (I'm guessing) not from his perspective.

Advocate the creation of policies which grant administrators the right to block users making personal attacks and outing personal information about Wikipedia users on third-party websites in cases where the Wikipedia account of the poster is tied to the third-party website account of the user, or, if the user has self-identified as a Wikipedia user.

Oh, come on - now he's just laughing at us. We're supposed to read this? Who does he think we are, a bunch of idiots? Show some respect!

Identifying and tracking users whose editing of third-party websites shows an intent to damage Wikipedia and its users and reporting it to Wikipedia.

Okay, better - there's no dangling participle, though the last bit does look suspiciously like a run-on, not to mention completely unnecessary - what are they gonna do, identify and track users and then keep it all to themselves? That wouldn't even be totally hypocritical, putting aside the whole revenge-motive factor.

What kind of website are these people running? Someone should give this fellow a stern warning of some kind, not to mention grammar lessons.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Somey @ Thu 23rd February 2012, 6:11am) *

Provide support for editors who have been the victims of such attacks including helping to sustain the editor's motivation for editing Wikipedia

The attacks have included helping to sustain the editor's motivation for editing WP? Sure, that's a particularly dastardly form of attack, but (I'm guessing) not from his perspective.

That's clearly not what he means, but his syntax is vague so he's to blame if misunderstandings arise.

Edit: it would be slightly better, but not ideal, to say "Provide support, including helping to sustain the editor's motivation for editing Wikipedia, for editors who have been the victims of such attacks."

This post has been edited by It's the blimp, Frank:
+Quote Post
melloden

Do none of the Wikipediots realize he's trolling them?

"Paolo" is obviously a sock of someone stupid and unsophisticated, I think.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

I have personally known users who were very active but largely dropped out of Wikipedia following harassment by WR users. However, I don't hold WR as a whole responsible, but rather the users in question. People who expose a user's personal information and contact their workplace, school, or family in order to intimidate them, sometimes placing them in very real physical danger, should not be banned or sued, but should be held criminally responsible. Dcoetzee 19:32, 24 February 2012 (UTC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=478651687

I wonder if anyone knows what his position is on other criminal activity, such as thievery for example?

+Quote Post
Zoloft

Alison just deleted the page—at his request (I assume the {{db-u1}} or {{db-userreq}} tag).
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(melloden @ Fri 24th February 2012, 5:43am) *

Do none of the Wikipediots realize he's trolling them?

"Paolo" is obviously a sock of someone stupid and unsophisticated, I think.

WP seems to love and nurture trolls. I can see no other reason for the so-called "reference boards" to exist.

If "Paolo" is a trolling sockpuppet, I'm sure it will come out eventually. Or sooner. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Looks like our friend is going to keep on trolling WP with anti-WR nonsense. Now there's a list of WP editors mapped to their usernames on WR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PaoloNap...eview_user_list. Of course Prioryman has jumped in with both feet, which makes me feel warm all over.

Enjoy it while it lasts.
+Quote Post
lilburne

Chameleon

Oh a "LITS O HAET" how wonderful. He reminds me of Joseph Barto.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 1:13pm) *

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Do I have to add Prioryman to the list of AN/I trolls? He's an obsessive Wiki-player, and not an admin....
why isn't he generating content obsessively, as he usually does?

I'm not inclined to write up Paolo. He is a very minor troll. If he keeps this shit up,
someone will block him.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Web Fred

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

What a wuss, anyway, I think I may have had her on the right...

(IMG:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Paoloandgirlfriend.jpg)

This post has been edited by Cunningly Linguistic:
+Quote Post
TungstenCarbide

Allegedly shot down by stray Ukrainian missile

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 9:13pm) *
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thankyou. I am. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Wikipedia Review is a noxious magnet for antisocial types. PaoloNapolitano's page is a good first step in helping identify them. I think another reasonable action is to make every Wikipedia editor who's active on WR place a Userbox on their userpage identifying them as such. --Typoheaven II (talk) 21:36, 3 March 2012 (UTC)

Are you related to indef blocked User:Typoheaven, by any chance? Delicious carbuncle (talk) 21:40, 3 March 2012 (UTC)

moi? --Typoheaven II (talk) 21:44, 3 March 2012 (UTC)

You could always ask him on WR, according to Paolo's helpful list he is one of your friends over there. [76] Prioryman (talk) 21:45, 3 March 2012 (UTC)

User: Typoheaven

This account is a sock puppet of TungstenCarbide and has been blocked indefinitely.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

(I still don't believe how easy it is to troll those Wiki-fools......)

+Quote Post
mbz1

He's missing many names, including some sitting arbitrators. Some of them edit or edited WR and other sites under different names like Xeno for example
But this page, and the users that argue it should be kept demonstrate yet another time how sick so called wikipedia community really is. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

This post has been edited by mbz1:
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 9:31pm) *

Do I have to add Prioryman to the list of AN/I trolls? He's an obsessive Wiki-player, and not an admin....
why isn't he generating content obsessively, as he usually does?

Prioryman is Chris Owen, MBE. He is the user formerly known as ChrisO/Vanished_user_03. He was an admin for 5 and a half years. A whole chapter could be dedicated to his exploits.

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-...tzky/terrorism/
http://www.webcitation.org/5rEUVVRf5
http://studytech.org/study-tech-essay
Here he is responding to Tony Sidaway on Usenet in 1995.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.org.ef...55?dmode=source
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

Prioryman is...

Did he ever have a WR account?
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

The hitlist is now deleted per IAR, of all things. Some of them are starting to learn (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif).
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(radek @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 5:28pm) *

I don't think so...? I remember for a while, I thought ChrisO was one of the better admins they had, and then he sort of went off the rails. I know he occasionally read some WR threads, but if he had an account I wasn't aware of it. (Tarantino might disagree, of course.)

He spent a LOT of time battling the Scientologists on WP, which was OK as long as you weren't a Scientologist... but around 2009-2010 I guess the Scientologists had been pretty much beaten back, and he started going after people who were far less deserving of that sort of treatment. That created a lot of conflicts and he didn't handle them very well, as I recall. He also inexplicably went after Don Murphy, which was kind of his final break with rationality.

Too much time-in-grade, I guess! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Tue 21st February 2012, 11:31pm) *

Oddly enough he seems to be emulating Will Beback, which would seem an odd choice of role models given the current state of Will's affairs. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)

...and now he's emulating Poetguy too! What a winner! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Thanks for the reminder. I was putting off Mr. Owen's story, because it's a nightmare to document.

The hitlist is now deleted per IAR, of all things. Some of them are starting to learn smile.gif.

Hah. No they don't, they just quit Wikipedia, and are replaced by fresh bastards.

+Quote Post
Zoloft

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 4:58pm) *

Thanks for the reminder. I was putting off Mr. Owen's story, because it's a nightmare to document.

The hitlist is now deleted per IAR, of all things. Some of them are starting to learn smile.gif.

Hah. No they don't, they just quit Wikipedia, and are replaced by fresh bastards.

Did anybody grab a webcite of the attack page? I want to know if I was a good witch or a bad witch.
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 9:42pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 4:58pm) *

Did anybody grab a webcite of the attack page? I want to know if I was a good witch or a bad witch.

I didn't grab a screen shot but it so happens that I still have a tab open with it - you were in the "Users in good standing on English Wikipedia" portion (as was I). Though originally we were all listed with a {{vandal}} template, which Prioryman, realizing his protege was getting a little wacky later changed to the standard {{user}} one. Then PN created a "Whitelist" sub-category where, I guess, he was going to put in the "good guys" but the page got deleted before he had a chance to let his feelings be known.

And I'm still completely at a loss as to why he hasn't been indeffed over the "pretend to be a real life person that he's not" and "uploading copyright photos as his own work" parts.
+Quote Post
carbuncle

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 4th March 2012, 3:42am) *

There were only indeterminate witches, but you were one of the chosen few. It wasn't until after Prioryman added a number of accounts that "Paolo" added a section entitled something like "WR contributors who have never posted or only posted to defend WP". "Paolo" never got the chance to fill it, but it implies that all the other entries were less good.
+Quote Post
Tarc

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 6:35pm) *

QUOTE(radek @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 5:28pm) *

I don't think so...? I remember for a while, I thought ChrisO was one of the better admins they had, and then he sort of went off the rails. I know he occasionally read some WR threads, but if he had an account I wasn't aware of it. (Tarantino might disagree, of course.)

He spent a LOT of time battling the Scientologists on WP, which was OK as long as you weren't a Scientologist... but around 2009-2010 I guess the Scientologists had been pretty much beaten back, and he started going after people who were far less deserving of that sort of treatment. That created a lot of conflicts and he didn't handle them very well, as I recall. He also inexplicably went after Don Murphy, which was kind of his final break with rationality.

Too much time-in-grade, I guess! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

He was also one of the 3 who presided of the CAMERA affair that ultimately shitcanned that little scumbag Zeq, among others. But yea, off the rails since then is an apt descriptor.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 9:58pm) *

Enjoy it while it lasts.

What is the name of Paolo's WR account?

+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 7:49pm) *

There were only indeterminate witches, but you were one of the chosen few. It wasn't until after Prioryman added a number of accounts that "Paolo" added a section entitled something like "WR contributors who have never posted or only posted to defend WP". "Paolo" never got the chance to fill it, but it implies that all the other entries were less good.

I captured it before P-man showed up:
User:PaoloNapolitano/Wikipedia Review user list From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is a list of Wikipedia users also active on Wikipedia Review. Feel free to add users to the list.

Blocked/banned on English Wikipedia

Abd (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [1]
EricBarbour (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [2]
Herschelkrustofsky (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [3]
Mbz1 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [4]
Nastytroll (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [5] (WR user name: Nastytroll)
RMHED (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [6]
Thekohser (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [7]
TungstenCarbide (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [8]
Vigilant (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [9]
WebHamster (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [10] (WR user name: Cunningly Linguistic)

[edit] Users in good standing on English Wikipedia

Alison (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [11]
Bali ultimate (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [12] (WR user name: Danmurphy)
Cla68 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [13]
Cookiehead (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [14]
Delicious carbuncle (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [15] (WR user name: Carbuncle)
Edeans (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [16] (WR user name: Cedric}
Jayen466 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [17] (WR user name: HRIP8)
John Vandenberg (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [18] (WR user name: jayvdb)
Kelly Martin (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [19] (?retired)
MBisanz (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [20]
MZMcBride (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [21]
Malik Shabazz (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [22]
Malleus Fatuorum (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [23] (WR user name: Malleus)
Michaeldsuarez (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [24]
Mistress Selina Kyle (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [25]
Nableezy (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [26]
NuclearWarfare (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [27]
Peter Damian (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [28]
Random832 (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [29]
SB Johnny (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [30]
Silver seren (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [31]
Sp (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [32] (retired) (WR user name: spp)
Stanistani (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [33] (WR user name: Zoloft)
Sugar-Baby-Love (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log)(retired) [34]
Tarc (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [35]
Volunteer Marek (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log) [36] (WR user name: Radek)

This page was last modified on 3 March 2012 at 21:01.
+Quote Post
Zoloft

I might add a Wikipedia Review userbox to my page... is there a generic userbox I can modify?
Or I can add a link in my sig—but I might get banned for that.
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Member No.: 982

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 11:10pm) *

QUOTE(TungstenCarbide @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 9:58pm) *

Enjoy it while it lasts.

What is the name of Paolo's WR account?

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showuser=76056
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 10:42pm) *

This still shows a glimpse of how it appeared at one point in time.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 4th March 2012, 4:12am) *

I captured it before P-man showed up:
User:PaoloNapolitano/Wikipedia Review user list From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He seems to have missed the Arbcom people. Must have slipped his mind.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)