FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
What we know about SlimVirgin -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> What we know about SlimVirgin, A quickie summary
Daniel Brandt

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

Let me summarize what I think we know.

1. SlimVirgin is Linda Mack who studied philosophy at King's College, lost a close friend on PanAm 103, and worked for Pierre Salinger at ABC News, London from about 1989-1991 on the PanAm 103 investigation.

2. She pursued various PanAm 103 conspiracy theories, but once the two Libyans were indicted, she seemed to steer the investigation in the direction of the government's case against Libya, according to John K. Cooley, who along with Pierre Salinger, was responsible for hiring her at ABC.

3. Pierre Salinger interviewed the two Libyans in Tripoli, and believed, along with quite a few independent investigators, that they were either completely innocent, or only peripherally involved, perhaps unwittingly.

4. Syria's support in the Gulf War was important to the West. The leading theory until such time that the finger was pointed at Libya, was that Syria was involved, perhaps with Iran bankrolling them, in retaliation for the Iranian airliner that the U.S. shot down.

5. Scotland Yard raided ABC and made off with videotapes and documents. ABC fought in court, and after an expensive battle, lost the case.

6. Salinger came to believe that Linda Mack was working for MI5, and had been all along. He locked her out of her office.

7. Michael S. Morris, a former BOSS (South Africa) agent who investigated PanAm 103, has named Linda Mack as an "agent."

8. For at least two or three years after this, Linda Mack worked on the case as a freelancer. She started a petition drive against Allan Francovich's film, The Maltese Double-Cross: Lockerbie. This film promoted a conspiracy theory that was at odds with the government's case against Libya.

9. Linda Mack next shows up in Canada in 2002, registering the domain slimvirgin.com, using the name S. McEwan and a PO box in Swalwell, Alberta, Canada. Patrick Byrne, who knew Linda Mack at Cambridge, says she was half Canadian, and she switched on an English accent suddenly one day at Cambridge, and continued to use it from that point forward.

10. The email address on the slimvirgin.com domain registration was slimvirgin1@yahoo.com. The email address for Linda Mack on the alumni list at King's College, Cambridge was also slimvirgin1@yahoo.com. This mailing list was purged of Linda Mack's name several months ago. Similarly, the domain registration became a private registration within the last year.

11. One "Sarah McEwan, Canada" wrote comments or sent a letter to telegraph.co.uk in Britain in support of animal rights in 2004.

12. SlimVirgin signs her name as "Sarah" on the Wikipedia mailing list.

13. Daniel Brandt emailed slimvirgin AT gmail.com in late October, 2005, using a pseudonym, and asked if she would be interested in selling the slimvirgin.com domain. Twice she denied that she was the owner of that domain.

14. SlimVirgin's IP address geolocates to Shaw Communications in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, but the accuracy of this is disputed and she could be living in either Alberta or Saskatchewan.

15. SlimVirgin indicated a very early interest in the PanAm 103 article when she started editing Wikipedia sometime on or before November 5, 2004. At least one edit that was oversighted suggests inside knowledge of the Pierre Salinger investigation.

16. Jimmy Wales has admitted that articles have been oversighted to protect the identity of SlimVirgin and others.

17. Today almost no one with knowledge about the investigation, including Robert Baer, the CIA official who was close to the CIA's investigation at the time, pretends that the Libyans were guilty.

18. SlimVirgin has made a comment on a Talk page suggesting that the Libyan in prison is not guilty.

19. After Daniel Brandt emailed John K. Cooley in Athens, Greece to ask about Linda Mack, she called Cooley to ask him not to talk to Brandt. She had read on Wikipedia Review that Brandt had located Cooley, and was hoping to hear from him. But Brandt had already received Cooley's response shortly before Linda Mack made this call.

20. Various articles that are politically significant, in addition to the PanAm 103 articles, suffer from excessive ownership by SlimVirgin in that they are seriously skewed in directions that she has promoted and protected. These include articles about Lyndon LaRouche. Moreover, several months before SlimVirgin started the stub on Daniel Brandt, she declared that Brandt was an unreliable source on the topic of one Chip Berlet.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Infoboy

Group: Inactive

Mills appears British:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22david+mi...lient=firefox-a

Perhaps contacting him immediately is in order before Linda can get to him.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Daniel Brandt   What we know about SlimVirgin  
the fieryangel   Let me summarize what I think we know. Perfect...  
Infoboy   Archive of that SlimVirgin diff: Anything we dr...  
LamontStormstar   Archive of that SlimVirgin diff: Ah when you ...  
Nathan   Webcite'd here (be patient, you might not see ...  
anthony   Webcite'd here (be patient, you might not see...  
jdrand   Very interesting, thanks Mr Brandt. Sounds like so...  
blissyu2   That denial blog is particularly stupid, given tha...  
BobbyBombastic   That denial blog is particularly stupid, given th...  
jdrand   A NameBase entry for Linda Mack can be found at: h...  
blissyu2   A NameBase entry for Linda Mack can be found at: ...  
Daniel Brandt   This was indexed in NameBase shortly after the boo...  
Dr_Debug   [url=http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/gifs/coleman....  
Derktar   [url=http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/gifs/coleman...  
Daniel Brandt   Mills appears British: [url=http://www.google.co...  
flash   [quote name='Infoboy' post='40559' date='Fri 3rd ...  
guy   There's also another 'David Mills' ev...  
flash   [quote name='flash' post='108866' date='Sun 22nd ...  
jdrand   Thank you.  
jorge   Additionally, I'd like to draw peoples attenti...  
Jonny Cache   Additionally, I'd like to draw people's a...  
Proabivouac   Let me summarize what I think we know. … A...  
Sxeptomaniac   Let me summarize what I think we know. … ...  
Moulton   The title of the thread should be: What Daniel Br...  
gomi   The information has been located and researched by...  
Proabivouac   The information has been located and researched b...  
Lar   The information has been located and researched ...  
Herschelkrustofsky   [quote name='Proabivouac' post='113944' date='Tue...  
BobbyBombastic   How is this different from any other post or thre...  
The Joy   The information has been located and researched b...  
Proabivouac   The information has been located and researched ...  
gomi   So, on the one hand, it is not an official finding...  
gomi   There is a standing offer to remove entirely from ...  
everyking   Broadly speaking, I think the case has been proven...  
Proabivouac   19. After Daniel Brandt emailed John K. Cooley in...  
Aloft   And Cooley's response was? http://wikipediarev...  
Proabivouac   And Cooley's response was? http://wikipediare...  
Saltimbanco   I think it makes sense to leave the thread pinned,...  
Proabivouac   I think it makes sense to leave the thread pinned...  
LessHorrid vanU   Yeah, if was intended as a sort of FAQ default top...  
everyking   Yeah, if was intended as a sort of FAQ default to...  
Proabivouac   [quote name='LessHorrid vanU' post='114111' date=...  
Disillusioned Lackey   Slim's doing herself no favors on ANI. But it...  
Zeraeph   Guys, WHAT were you smoking? I do not *know* SV,...  
Anonymous editor   Your block expires in a little more than two weeks...  
Zeraeph   Your block expires in a little more than two week...  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)