FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Jimbo calls for global ban on Thekohser -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Jimbo calls for global ban on Thekohser, and his bidding is done
thekohser

Group: Regulars

Jimbo must not like living in a trailer park. Seems he has a lot of pent up anger. I wonder what the specific crime was, to call for this today? It's gotta be the trailer park, right?

Kohs is permanently and globally banned from all Wikimedia projects.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] 04:04, 3 May 2010 (UTC)

This post has been edited by thekohser:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
thekohser

Am I seriously still blocked on English Wikiversity? Not only that -- but no e-mail access rights, no Talk page rights, and I can't edit my User page to look the way I want it to?

Does Adambro run that joint?

Wikiversity really has a problem.
+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Member No.: 9,019

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 27th May 2010, 2:19pm) *
Am I seriously still blocked on English Wikiversity? Not only that -- but no e-mail access rights, no Talk page rights, and I can't edit my User page to look the way I want it to?

Does Adambro run that joint?

Wikiversity really has a problem.
Sure. So new?

Greg, I asked you if you wanted intervention, and suggested that, for me to attempt it, I'd want some assurances about your behavior, at least short-term. I am not accusing you of misbehavior, but if I stick out my neck to seek your unblock, I'd not want to see you take the opportunity to, basically, get yourself blocked again, in short order. If you don't push the edges and they go after you anyway, I'd stand behind you, that much I don't mind at all, and we owe it to each other.

You might notice that you are still listed as a speaker on Wikipedia, on the meta speaker page. They may try to take it out again, possibly, but I don't think it will be difficult to maintain relative consensus there. I've been busy so I haven't even responded to some of the flak.

You didn't really answer me, or you answered me with, more or less, a refusal to comply with what I'd need. No harm, and, in a way, I don't blame you, but ... I would trust your assurances, it's up to you.

Hey, what do you want to do on Wikiversity? Why do you care about access rights? Give me some reason to think -- and to argue -- that you'd be good for the place. Simply being right, often, isn't enough!

And if an ugly user page is the problem, send me some wikitext. I'll put it up if I don't consider it disruptive. If you want email access to a WV user or administrator, send me an email to forward and I'll forward it or tell you why I'm not. Greg, I absolutely don't approve of the way you have been treated, but that doesn't mean that I think all your behavior was wise or useful.

I've asked for adminship there, Ottava has agreed to sponsor/mentor me, but I doubt I would use it in this matter, because I'm probably too involved. I'd rather work for consensus, anyway.

Your comment above about Adambro, if it's typical of what you'd write on wikiversity, doesn't make me hopeful, though. But I do realize this is the Review.

As to consensus, timing is a huge part of it. Jimbo came down on Wikiversity (and you), and, in response, there was the meta proposal to remove the founder flag from Jimbo. It was going nowhere, running about two to one against. Then came the Commons incident. The issue was really the same, but the nature of the immediate conflict raised a lot more attention. So it's now four to one for removal. My guess is that the flag won't be removed, because the essential tools that could be used to make the same mistakes he made at Wikiversity and on Commons have been removed. But one never can tell.

I'm hoping that Jimbo starts to use his influence, what's left of it (it's probably still considerable), to push for better governance, true consensus process. I think it's possible. Meanwhile, many dream that the problems will just go away if they can only get rid of those bad guys. False hope, even if you do get rid of one set of bad guys, with enormous effort and huge wasted time, more will take their place. The system creates the bad guys out of the material fed to it and according to the structure that exists.

It may fix itself, if given a hundred years. Maybe.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Abd @ Thu 27th May 2010, 10:44pm) *

You didn't really answer me, or you answered me with, more or less, a refusal to comply with what I'd need. No harm, and, in a way, I don't blame you, but ... I would trust your assurances, it's up to you.
You make it sound like Abd is the only human who could possibly get my account unblocked on Wikiversity.

Hey, what do you want to do on Wikiversity? Why do you care about access rights?
I don't know! Maybe it's just the principle of defying the irrational acts of a tyrant. Who knows where the human imagination will take me? Have you seen some of my recent efforts on NetKnowledge.org? How disruptive have I been there? Many of my peers there are Wikiversity veterans. We seem to be getting along.

And if an ugly user page is the problem, send me some wikitext. I'll put it up if I don't consider it disruptive.
Do you consider this disruptive? If not, put it up on my Wikiversity User page. Then, get it back in place on Meta.

Your comment above about Adambro, if it's typical of what you'd write on wikiversity, doesn't make me hopeful, though. But I do realize this is the Review.
I'm finding that Adambro's contribution history is little different than that of a bot designed to welcome new users, revert vandalism, create new categories, and move pages from place to place. Why does a bot have rule over the entire project?

I'm hoping that Jimbo starts to use his influence, what's left of it (it's probably still considerable), to push for better governance, true consensus process. I think it's possible.
I'm hoping to win the Powerball Lottery, then devote a month's worth of training to run a 4-minute mile, and then I seek to become a licensed neurosurgeon. I think it's more possible than what you think is possible.

+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 27th May 2010, 11:25pm) *
You make it sound like Abd is the only human who could possibly get my account unblocked on Wikiversity.
Probably not, I don't see why you say, "you make it sound" that way. I'm one person offering assistance and asking for something as a condition. Were I an admin there, as it looks like I might become, I would do the same, unless I saw the block as purely disruptive. There is an argument for that, but there is are arguments in the other direction. I'm trying to respect both sides of this, plus the welfare of the project itself. Overall, I suspect, it will benefit from your restrained participation.
Hey, what do you want to do on Wikiversity? Why do you care about access rights?
I don't know! Maybe it's just the principle of defying the irrational acts of a tyrant.
Pardon me if I make sure I'm not standing next to you when the guards notice your defiance. If you are going to shoot the King, don't miss! I appreciate your comment, and well understand it, but it doesn't make me feel particularly safe, thinking of suggesting unblock. Are you capable of restraining this impulse? Not suppressing it, that's different, but being careful about where you place and express your defiance. Just being back as an editor at Wikiversity would be a kind of defiance and victory, but if you then act in a way that justifies the block, you'd undo much of that or more.
Who knows where the human imagination will take me? Have you seen some of my recent efforts on NetKnowledge.org? How disruptive have I been there? Many of my peers there are Wikiversity veterans. We seem to be getting along.
Good sign. Why don't they support your unblock on Wikiversity? Surely that would help. Or is only one faction represented there? (I haven't looked, don't have time yet). Problem is, Greg, those who would support you on Wikiversity, disappeared, abandoned the field. It wasn't just that they were blocked, mostly they are not blocked. But, probably, they got tired of the endless controversy. Hence my caution.

Take a look at the promise I made today at My RfA. What if you made a promise like that, for some probationary period? I.e., "If you support my unblock, and during a set probationary period, I consent to reversion by you, I promise to stop any on-wiki activity if you object to it during the probationary period, and, if I violate this promise, and you request it, I consent to a block by any administrator who has supported or implemented this unblock request, with the administrator only allowing a violation of the promise if the administrator agrees that the welfare of the project required the violating action."

Or something like that. Your words. A promise you could keep and that protects those who support you and that might even mollify those who would rather see you drop dead. In fact, they may believe that you would be unable to keep the promise, so they will assume that, next time, you'll really be in the wiki-grave, truly banned by local consensus. They may try to stop the unblock anyway, out of habit, but not with great vigor, the rug having been pulled out from under their argument. Only those who approve your unblock get the promise, as I wrote it, which means that they are voluntarily willing to take the risk that they'd have to object....

You would have set up conditions that would not only make serious disruption quite unlikely, you would also have effectively solicited support by possible fence-sitters. Of course, if you really just want to be able to complain about the idiot administrators who block you, you may not want to do this.

I think there is valuable work you could do at Wikiversity, and I disagree that Wikiversity is not a place for criticism of Wikimedia projects. But such criticism should be done with the highest standards, and there is a problem at Wikiversity with inadequate supervision, so a resource there can readily become, shall we say, excessive. Or can be seen that way by those criticized. In order for this to not be disruptive, then, the criticism must be handled so that self-serving objection to it becomes visible as such. Which means giving those criticized no excuse. And that probably requires a community, not just one individual.
And if an ugly user page is the problem, send me some wikitext. I'll put it up if I don't consider it disruptive.
Do you consider this disruptive? If not, put it up on my Wikiversity User page. Then, get it back in place on Meta.
I'll look and do what I can, or tell you why not.

I'm finding that Adambro's contribution history is little different than that of a bot designed to welcome new users, revert vandalism, create new categories, and move pages from place to place. Why does a bot have rule over the entire project?
Oh, come on! Wikiversity is very short of contributors. He helps, and maybe he did something less than helpful. It can be undone. It's a wiki. Do you think that you help the cause of unblocking you by criticizing Adambro? You know how far that argument goes, on Wikipedia, i.e., "I should be unblocked because the blocking admin is a biased robot of no intellligence." The editor might as well write [declined] himself.
I'm hoping that Jimbo starts to use his influence, what's left of it (it's probably still considerable), to push for better governance, true consensus process. I think it's possible.
I'm hoping to win the Powerball Lottery, then devote a month's worth of training to run a 4-minute mile, and then I seek to become a licensed neurosurgeon. I think it's more possible than what you think is possible.
Good luck. I'm about the same, except I WP:DGAF about the license. I noticed that you can buy scalpels without a license. Mostly, I haven't tried directly to influence Jimbo. I haven't felt ready. Just like I'm not doing any neurosurgery yet. Maybe tomorrow.
+Quote Post
thekohser

QUOTE(Abd @ Fri 28th May 2010, 1:02pm) *

Pardon me if I make sure I'm not standing next to you when the guards notice your defiance. If you are going to shoot the King, don't miss! I appreciate your comment, and well understand it, but it doesn't make me feel particularly safe, thinking of suggesting unblock. Are you capable of restraining this impulse? Not suppressing it, that's different, but being careful about where you place and express your defiance. Just being back as an editor at Wikiversity would be a kind of defiance and victory, but if you then act in a way that justifies the block, you'd undo much of that or more.

What I meant was that the mere click of the "Unblock" tab by an admin, any admin, would be the act of rebellion. All this negotiation about what I will promise to do or, more specifically, not do once unblocked is rather beside the point. Jimmy Wales' block of me on Wikiversity was wrong, unsupported by community process there. People who have ethical marrow would restore my account at Wikiversity, no strings, free of conditions. What you're doing, Abd, is grandstanding. Which is fine. But, good gravy, man. Just look at everything you typed and typed and typed above. Then compare what Jayvdb did.

He saw something stupid and unjust, and he overturned it. No 600-word essays.

+Quote Post
jayvdb

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 1,039

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 29th May 2010, 1:30am) *

... Then compare what Jayvdb did.

He saw something stupid and unjust, and he overturned it. No 600-word essays.

I do have the advantage of being able to do something about it, while Abd can only wax lyrical, and he is well versed in this.

I wouldn't describe the block action as 'stupid' or 'unjust', but the process was a bit of both.

Based on only a little reading, it seems the block was justified by your "wikisins" on (and around) English Wikipedia, and I can appreciate that some administrators on other projects feel that this is either sufficient to warrant a global ban, or that it is expedient to take preventative action. Jimbo could have performed a global ban using the tools he had at his disposal at the time, or he could have initiated a global ban request/discussion on meta, but instead we have a mess, with blocks that use circular logic, or references to overturned decisions.

More importantly, I don't like other projects being subjugated to English Wikipedia; their administration methodology and decisions are a consequence of the make up of their community, and the "pace" at which the en.wp community wants to push the project, which can be very dysfunctional at times.
The other projects need to able to make their own mistakes.

This post has been edited by jayvdb:
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

QUOTE(jayvdb @ Fri 28th May 2010, 11:49pm) *
I don't like other projects being subjugated to English Wikipedia; their administration methodology and decisions are a consequence of the make up of their community, and the "pace" at which the en.wp community wants to push the project, which can be very dysfunctional at times. The other projects need to able to make their own mistakes.

As far as I know, the the precedent for power cliques on the English Wikipedia invading and subverting Wikiversity first occurred two summers ago, when Greg, WAS 4.250, PrivateMusings, TheFieryAngel and I started a workshop there on Managerial Ethics. At that time IDCab, JzG, Cary, and Jimbo intervened there to shut it down. They got away with it then, so Jimbo pulled the same stunt, single-handed, a couple of months ago. And he got away with it again.
+Quote Post
jayvdb

Member No.: 1,039

QUOTE(Moulton @ Sat 29th May 2010, 3:58am) *

QUOTE(jayvdb @ Fri 28th May 2010, 11:49pm) *
I don't like other projects being subjugated to English Wikipedia; their administration methodology and decisions are a consequence of the make up of their community, and the "pace" at which the en.wp community wants to push the project, which can be very dysfunctional at times. The other projects need to able to make their own mistakes.

As far as I know, the the precedent for power cliques on the English Wikipedia invading and subverting Wikiversity first occurred two summers ago, when Greg, WAS 4.250, PrivateMusings, TheFieryAngel and I started a workshop there on Managerial Ethics. At that time IDCab, JzG, Cary, and Jimbo intervened there to shut it down. They got away with it then, so Jimbo pulled the same stunt, single-handed, a couple of months ago. And he got away with it again.

To be fair, as English Wikipedia was the subject of the Wikiversity project, and Wikipedians were the subject, it was the Wikiversity project which imported the English Wikipedia politics. This Wikiversity project, and probably many others, have a human ethics problem which still concern me. Wikiversity needs a Human Research Ethics Committee before it should permit any research or case studies about people (esp. living people) to be conducted on public pages.
+Quote Post
Abd

Postmaster

Sheesh! Way too long, and no time to cut it down. Ah, well, skip it if ye choose.

QUOTE(jayvdb @ Sat 29th May 2010, 12:37am) *
To be fair, as English Wikipedia was the subject of the Wikiversity project, and Wikipedians were the subject, it was the Wikiversity project which imported the English Wikipedia politics. This Wikiversity project, and probably many others, have a human ethics problem which still concern me. Wikiversity needs a Human Research Ethics Committee before it should permit any research or case studies about people (esp. living people) to be conducted on public pages.
Fascinating. It's allowed to write whatever garbage one wants on, say, a Wikipedia noticeboard, raking a person over the coals, describing their contributions using the most abusive language, but a simple set of diffs with relatively neutral language is an ethics violation on Wikiversity? Does perhaps it matter whose ox is being gored?

Precisely why is it allowed to have a BLP on Wikipedia, but not a BWA (biography of a Wikipedia account) on Wikiversity? The concept that this is "human research" is quite a stretch. It's studying what happens, the dynamics of a public web site, where the history is all open. But I didn't review the content at the deleted WV project. Perhaps there were specific violations there, going beyond the pale, such as outing editors, libel -- as distinct from simply looking at documentation of behavior --, or other offenses. Which could presumably have been dealt with directly.

I helped start a WV project -- in spite of the dire predictions of some that the JimBolt would flash down from the sky, incinerating the entire project -- looking into the Treatment of Newbies at Speedy Deletion. Because it's sensitive, I've been very careful about what's there, maybe even too careful, I'd even hidden actual user names -- you had to look underneath, at an actual link or diff to see them -- but that was changed by another. So far, no problem.

My view is that the research should be done, but should be carefully conducted, and should have an educational purpose, and we might ask editors who were involved in some affair, instead of directly editing the resource page, to be interviewed. And the interviewer would put up material and take responsibility for it. It would not just be raw and possibly inappropriate content. Some of the objections obviously came from people who simply don't want to allow criticism, but other objections had, at least, some basis. We know the difference when we answer whatever might possibly be legitimate. If objections persist and insist, it's likely coming from something else.

I have my own history with Wikipedia conflict, and would not use a WV project to "attack" editors involved. It's a simple understanding of conflict of interest, and a recognition that when I'm personally involved, I'm less likely to be objective. It's certainly tempting to use my own experience with Wikipedia, and I do when discussing issues, but that's not appropriate in a learning resource on Wikiversity. Maybe on a Talk page, sometimes. With caution.

I put the material Greg wanted on his WV user page. No problem, so far. I reverted Greg's speaker listing on meta, back in. So far, some objections from the usual suspects, but no real problem. We'll see if this lasts. But I'm seeing the repressive oligarchy losing power, losing this battle and that, including some big ones. That doesn't, by any means, indicate that the WP problem is solved, because that oligarchy was just a set of players filling roles defined by the system. They are not the problem, so I expect it to pop up in new forms. But in some areas, things may get better.

I made this comment on Greg's WV user talk page. On WV, no response may mean nobody has an objection, but it can also mean that nobody saw it. It's a tad slow there. However, I see that vandalism is being reverted, consistently. So it's not completely dead.

I'm not yet requesting that Greg be unblocked on WV, because I'm personally not satisfied that he won't use the opportunity to make more sarcastic remarks about the idiots, which just irritates them (whether they are idiots or not, certainly some of them are, metaphorically) for no good cause. I've applied for adminship, but I certainly would not use it to unblock him unless it were clearly acceptable to community consensus, in which case, I wouldn't be needed.

On the other hand, I can still do whatever seems reasonable as an ordinary editor. Perhaps there will be an occasion, as an example suggested above, to interview him and write it up for a research report relevant to some project on WV. I do believe that criticism of Wikipedia, conducted in a way consistent with reasonable academic standards, is appropriate for Wikiversity. But I'd also want to interview others as well. Because of the sensitivity, I put an NPOV tag on the Newbie project, to encourage that page to not become a repository for anti-Wikipedia opinion, or, in the other direction, to discourage opposition from expectation that this is what it would be.

Greg is not blocked, now, on a number of WikiMedia projects. My prediction is that the only projects he will be blocked on when the smoke clears will be en.wiki and maybe some others if he actually caused problems there. There was some socking, which complicated things. Greg, didja rolly needta do that, reshokeht? Yeah, in a sane community we would just laugh. But the community isn't sane, not yet, anyway.

Communities that cannot integrate and handle people like Greg and Moulton are in trouble, in my view. None of this means that blocks were necessarily inappropriate, but this whole ban thing strays way too far into punishing disagreement. I'm uncomfortable with the paid editing of Wikipedia thing, but it would actually be dependent on details. What if everything Greg did followed policy? Except, of course, for being paid, i.e., having a conflict of interest? If he were unblocked, could he disclose such conflict and suggest articles, full-blown?

Why not?

There is often a way to resolve legitimate conflicts. I think it's completely silly to disallow paid editing, partly because it's utterly unenforceable. But also paid editing would normally be good content, there is a reason why the media use press releases so much, written by professionals.

Good editing, then, means carefully fact-checking the "press release," and making sure that it's neutral, but it would be stupid to forbid companies from sending them to you! And a skilled Wikipedia editor could write content that was clearly acceptable. Once in a while a paid article would be misleading, but that would be unlikely to last, it's like anything else, and there is no way to prevent all misleading content.... I'd say it's safer if it's openly disclosed, much safer. It will be carefully examined, then.

And I bet that Greg would disclose his paid articles if he were confident that they, and he, would be treated fairly. After all, if he does good work, he can then sell more article work.

What if this was part of the path to the Wikipedia future, paid article editing? Paid editors would have an investment in the project having a reputation for neutrality and accuracy and interest, and they would restrain each other, and be motivated to contribute good free content.... Just an idea.

But the idiots, so to speak, want to coerce everyone into running the project the way they think best, which is often pretty bad, with boring articles fully of silly details that nobody cares about being perfectly okay, and really interesting content sometimes getting deleted because someone didn't like the sourcing and Wikipedia has no regular way to solicit expert review and correction....
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
thekohser   Jimbo calls for global ban on Thekohser  
Larry Sanger   Jimbo must not like living in a trailer park. Se...  
Moulton   I didn't know that Wales still presumed to hav...  
Moulton   Interesting. This reminds me of King Henry cryin...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   Interesting. This reminds me of King Henry cryin...  
Jon Awbrey   Interesting. This reminds me of King Henry cryin...  
Milton Roe   Interesting. This reminds me of King Henry cryi...  
Moulton   Randroids don't do "penance." That...  
Jon Awbrey   [quote name='Jon Awbrey' post='234373' date='Mon ...  
Milton Roe   Jimbo must not like living in a trailer park. Se...  
Ottava   Didn't he declare that two months ago? I guess...  
thekohser   Here is the fellow who shopped around my banning f...  
Somey   Jeff Guinzburg of Elmwood Park, New Jersey, you ar...  
thekohser   So I take it the idea here was for Mr. Guinzburg ...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   [url=http://identi.ca/jeffgent1?page=2]Jeff Guinzb...  
Daniel Brandt   Honor is due, Greg. I think Jimbo is inside the t...  
Moulton   Small dog. Big bite.  
thekohser   Phew, I can see why they'd want to ban me from...  
thekohser   Oooh, now this is interesting. It would appear th...  
HRIP7   &oldid Oooh, now this is interesting. It woul...  
the fieryangel   Current status seems to be "[url=http://en.w...  
EricBarbour   So, that would seem to suggest that not only did J...  
Abd   So, that would seem to suggest that not only did J...  
Malleus   His pronunciation of "Wikipedia" drives ...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='234749' date='Thu 6th May ...  
tarantino   I very much doubt that Jimbo instigated this. Jef...  
Abd   I very much doubt that Jimbo instigated this. Jeff...  
thekohser   I'm afraid that consensus is forming against m...  
Jon Awbrey   I'm afraid that consensus is forming against ...  
Moulton   I'm afraid that consensus is [url=http://en.wi...  
Theanima   I would like to congratulate Kohser on this achiev...  
everyking   It's unremarkable that Jimbo wants Kohs banned...  
thekohser   It's unremarkable that Jimbo wants Kohs banne...  
Abd   I commented in the Wikisource discussion. Fools ru...  
thekohser   I commented in the Wikisource discussion. Fools r...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='234494' date='Tue 4th May ...  
Jon Awbrey   I [url=http://en.wikisource.org/w/index.php?tit...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   The wiki system that developed, with an administra...  
Milton Roe   The wiki system that developed, with an administr...  
Jon Awbrey   [quote name='Cock-up-over-conspira...  
Abd   I know it's only been a couple of hours, but ...  
jayvdb   I just checked. My edit of 18:21, 4 May 2010, is s...  
Moulton   There are, in fact, serious issues here, and maybe...  
thekohser   There are serious absurdities in WikiCulture, and...  
everyking   It's unremarkable that Jimbo wants Kohs bann...  
Jon Awbrey   [quote name='thekohser' post='234491' date='Tue 4...  
A Horse With No Name   When it comes to social diseases, they are in fac...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   What really disgusts me is the way some people are...  
Kelly Martin   What other leaders of a world renown "charity...  
Jon Awbrey   [size=3][url=http://beta.wikiversity.org/w/index.p...  
Kevin   Some people have no sense of humor.  
Abd   Some people have no sense of humor.Yeah, we should...  
Malleus   I did listen to his 2005 TED speech a bit. He said...  
ulsterman   Anyway, I'm now an official Wikiquote editor,...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='234736' date='Thu 6th May ...  
Moulton   Oh, a baseball analogy. This must be a game betwe...  
Jon Awbrey   #46 → . Category:Photos_massaged_by_User:J...  
Moulton   In a URL string, use %2E for the "." cha...  
Moulton   Greg is more likely to answer the troubled than to...  
Abd   Greg is more likely to answer the troubled than to...  
Moulton   [quote name='Moulton' post='234815' date='Thu 6th ...  
thekohser   I have submitted unblock requests on various Wikim...  
Guido den Broeder   Meanwhile, you place on the Public Speakers list a...  
thekohser   Meanwhile, you place on the Public Speakers list ...  
thekohser   [quote name='Guido den Broeder' post='234849' dat...  
NuclearWarfare   (Just a "minor" edit.) Without comme...  
Guido den Broeder   Meanwhile, you place on the Public Speakers list...  
thekohser   [quote name='thekohser' post='234858' date='Thu 6...  
Abd   Meanwhile, you place on the Public Speakers list a...  
thekohser   ...and then reverting IP (Kohs?)... That wasn...  
Guido den Broeder   I am not aware of anyone who is his friend or woul...  
thekohser   What bugs me is that the decent Wikimedians on her...  
Abd   What bugs me is that the decent Wikimedians on he...  
Guido den Broeder   You had off-wiki conflict with Abigor? Tsk, tsk. C...  
Guido den Broeder   Well, if anyone jumps to my aid it is a near certa...  
Abd   Meta, edit warring on User:Thekohser. These action...  
thekohser   Meta, edit warring on User:Thekohser. These actio...  
Guido den Broeder   Prove it. It's not that I don't believe yo...  
thekohser   Meta, [url=http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?...  
RDH(Ghost In The Machine)   I think this marks the long awaited manifestation ...  
Guido den Broeder   The place looks abandoned. :)  
thekohser   And the purge continues now to Wikibooks, where I...  
Jon Awbrey   And the purge continues now to Wikibooks, where I...  
thekohser   The discussion about me is heating up on Commons, ...  
Guido den Broeder   Look upon this as a handy way to take stock of whi...  
Abd   Look upon this as a handy way to take stock of whi...  
Moulton   I feel sorry for Diogenes.  
thekohser   It would appear that Mike Lifeguard is unaware of ...  
Milton Roe   Jimbo Banned Me [i][b]Jimbo banned me when we ...  
Guido den Broeder   Blocked again, now for a week, and the vandalizing...  
Abd   Blocked again, now for a week, and the vandalizing...  
thekohser   This particular edit speaks volumes. (Note the ed...  
Guido den Broeder   I have no desire to play the wikipedia game. Ther...  
Jon Awbrey   I have no desire to play the wikipedia game. Ep...  
A Horse With No Name   I have no desire to play the wikipedia game. But...  
Guido den Broeder   Unblock request filed. Any bets as to who will sho...  
Guido den Broeder   Guess what. My unblock request was promptly delete...  
Abd   Guess what. My unblock request was promptly delete...  
Guido den Broeder   It's hard enough to get through if you don...  
Abd   It's hard enough to get through if you don...  
GlassBeadGame   [quote name='Guido den Broeder' post='236441' dat...  
thekohser   I'm kind of liking Wikiversity. I'm gla...  
Jon Awbrey   I'm kind of liking Wikiversity. I'm gl...  
Abd   If I were into nominating people for awards, Abd w...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='236444' date='Thu 13th May...  
SB_Johnny   I'm glad you're liking it. Did you know ...  
Abd   I'm glad you're liking it. Did you know t...  
Jon Awbrey   [font=comic sans ms][size=7]Well, Book You Too ...  
thekohser   I guess Mike Lifeguard speaks for Wikibooks. At...  
thekohser   It would appear that Abigor/Huib has demonstrated ...  
Abd   It would appear that [url=http://commons.wikimedi...  
Moulton   What is certainly clear is that there is no consen...  
NuclearWarfare   At that AN page, it's possibles: NW and Ottava...  
gomi   I have already resolved to not get involved with ....  
Abd   I have already resolved to not get involved with ...  
Abd   At that AN page, it's possibles: NW and Ottava...  
Guido den Broeder   Note that Herbythyme, who vandalized Greg's en...  
Moulton   It might be helpful to disclose your objectives, o...  
Jon Awbrey   Mods, GdB and Abd, and a cast of Moultons, appear...  
Abd   Mods, GdB and Abd, and a cast of Moultons, appear...  
Guido den Broeder   What was your purpose, though? You are still too m...  
thekohser   I see that the libel of my character continues una...  
victim of censorship   I see that the libel of my character continues un...  
Abd   I see that the libel of my character continues una...  
Jon Awbrey   Greg, you might ask Guido to tone it down. Lookin...  
Moulton   Uh oh. I fear a round or two of mutually antagoni...  
thekohser   I don't have time for formal requests and subm...  
Jon Awbrey   [size=7]“Kohs offers a point of view and wa...  
thekohser   "Kohs offers a point of view and way of exp...  
Milton Roe   [quote name='Jon Awbrey' post='237382' date='Sat ...  
Abd   I don't have time for formal requests and subm...  
thekohser   Look, you don't have to agree to anything, bu...  
Jon Awbrey   Look, you don't have to agree to anything, b...  
Abd   [quote name='Abd' post='237398' date='Sat 22nd May...  
Moulton   Unforgivable. It's a comman error.  
Jon Awbrey   Unforgivable. It's a comman error. [b][f...  
Zoloft   Unforgivable. It's a comman error. [cen...  
Jon Awbrey   [quote name='Abd' post='237491' date='Sun 23rd ...  
Guido den Broeder   Who cares if the usage is perfect? I expect the pe...  
A Horse With No Name   As I said before, you are still too much a Wikipe...  
Jon Awbrey   Sorry, it's, still, just, plain, bad, grammar,...  
EricBarbour   Jon is right---this whole business resembles a (ve...  
Jon Awbrey   Jon is right — this whole business resembl...  
thekohser   And Greg wants to go back in there........ :bored...  
Moulton   Moar Song Parodies!  
EricBarbour   Doo bee doo bee doo bee doo, I want to sodomize yo...  
Jon Awbrey   Doo bee doo bee doo bee doo, I want to sodomize y...  
Moulton   This weekend on those NPR affiliates that carry [b...  
Jon Awbrey   This weekend on those NPR affiliates that carry [...  
thekohser   It would appear that JzG and Herby rule the roost ...  
jayvdb   It would appear that JzG and Herby rule the roost...  
Abd   It would appear that JzG and Herby [url=http://com...  
thekohser   I would also appreciate if this request got some a...  
Moulton   Wikiversity really has a problem. Oh, you noticed....  
Moulton   [quote name='Moulton' post='238277' date='Sat 29th...  
thekohser   And I bet that Greg would disclose his paid artic...  
Kelly Martin   Wikiversity needs a Human Research Ethics Committe...  
Moulton   To be fair, as English Wikipedia was the subject o...  
Jon Awbrey   Which leaves us exactly where I was X summers ago...  
tarantino   Am I seriously still blocked on [url=http://en.wi...  
Milton Roe   Adambro is an eccentric 22 year old college stud...  
Moulton   [quote name='tarantino' post='238131' date='Fri 28...  
Abd   [quote name='tarantino' post='238131' date='Fri 28...  
Moulton   [quote name='Moulton' post='242714' date='Mon 5th ...  
Moulton   Abd, it occurs to me that what you are asking of G...  
Abd   Abd, it occurs to me that what you are asking of G...  
Moulton   My experience with people in power, who reject the...  
Abd   My experience with people in power, who reject the...  
Abd   I added the material to the Wikiversity user page ...  
Moulton   And note that when someone is very bright and sees...  
Moulton   Maybe someone can work up a self-help group called...  
thekohser   For those who are still fitting the puzzle pieces ...  
ulsterman   For those who are still fitting the puzzle pieces...  
thekohser   [quote name='thekohser' post='238637' date='Tue 1...  
thekohser   Perhaps some brave soul could point this one out ...  
Abd   Well, one out of two ain't bad. Thanks, MZ.Ye...  
thekohser   Greg, I fully understand why you'd not want t...  
Abd   Greg, I fully understand why you'd not want to...  
Moulton   Wikiversity is a few breaths short of dead. The ac...  
Abd   Wikiversity is a few breaths short of dead. The a...  
Moulton   [quote name='Moulton' post='238858' date='Wed 2nd ...  
Abd   [quote name='Moulton' post='238858' date='Wed 2nd...  
Abd   On Herby's user page on Meta, he says: ...  
CharlotteWebb   I went to take a look at this but the internal sea...  
Moulton   Wikipedia doesn't do Due Process. And Wikiver...  
CharlotteWebb   Wikipedia doesn't do Due Process. And Wikive...  
thekohser   Well, not only is my image not restored (yet), but...  
Abd   Well, not only is my image not restored (yet), bu...  
thekohser   Abd, could you give me a brief run-down on where I...  
Abd   Abd, could you give me a brief run-down on where ...  
Moulton   Trying to get a steward to unlock is more fuss tha...  
thekohser   Mike.lifeguard is entirely uninterested in promot...  
Abd   It is also quite interesting to note that Mike.lif...  
thekohser   When I attempt on Tuesday to continue some of my ...  
Moulton   It's pretty clear that people like Mike.lifegu...  
Moulton   You need a MediaWiki Gnome to explain anomalies li...  
ulsterman   You need a MediaWiki Gnome to explain anomalies l...  
Moulton   You need a MediaWiki Gnome to explain anomalies li...  
ulsterman   [quote name='ulsterman' post='242956' date='Tue 6...  
Lar   Does that mean that logging in to Commons or Wiki...  
CharlotteWebb   [quote name='Moulton' post='242961' date='Tue 6th...  
Moulton   Does that mean that logging in to Commons or Wikis...  
thekohser   I don't know SUL from my SUV, but this seems t...  
Moulton   Over at Wikiversity, Ottava poses this question to...  
thekohser   Apparently, Jimbo's global ban does not have t...  
Moulton   Apparently, Jimbo's global ban does not have t...  
ulsterman   if you have a friendly local admin on a site Yes...  
CharlotteWebb   Yes, I shook hands with a friendly admin once. To...  
Moulton   Did the joke buzzer burn a hole in your palm?  
Adrignola   Apparently, Jimbo's global ban does not have ...  
thekohser   [quote name='thekohser' post='246843' date='Thu 5...  
Abd   [quote name='Adrignola' post='246932' date='Thu 5...  
Moulton   There was a chap who lived about 2000 years ago wh...  
GlassBeadGame   There was a chap who lived about 2000 years ago w...  
trenton   I'd be curious to know how Mr. Jyothis got inv...  
Abd   I'd be curious to know how Mr. Jyothis got in...  
thekohser   It does appear that the Wikibooks leadership commu...  
Moulton   Are we going to have to repeat, yet another time, ...  
Adrignola   For those interested, Mike.lifeguard has posted a...  
Abd   For those interested, Mike.lifeguard has posted ...  
Moulton   It is extremely dangerous to allow anyone to be ...  
SB_Johnny   It is extremely dangerous to allow anyone to be ...  
Moulton   [quote name='Moulton' post='247511' date='Mon 9th ...  
Abd   [quote name='Moulton' post='247511' date='Mon 9th ...  
Moulton   [quote name='SB_Johnny' post='247556' date='Tue 10...  
thekohser   I'm curious, how is the user supposed to himse...  
Milton Roe   I'm curious, how is the user supposed to hims...  
Moulton   I'm curious, how is the user supposed to himse...  
Adrignola   I'm curious, how is the user supposed to hims...  
thekohser   Okay, we'll see if the measured and rational l...  
Abd   Okay, [url=http://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.php?tit...  
thekohser   It worked on Wikiversity, and, my belief, Adambro...  
Moulton   I'm recommending the use of self-reverted edit...  
Abd   I'm recommending the use of self-reverted edit...  
Moulton   Or does this make too much sense? I regret to say ...  
Abd   Or does this make too much sense? I regret to say...  
Moulton   Moulton, I think you have applied Ethical Best Pra...  
Jon Awbrey   Dontcha just love the way some people project thei...  
thekohser   Anyone for some side-betting on the date whereby T...  
Abd   Anyone for some side-betting on the date whereby T...  
Cock-up-over-conspiracy   I have no idea what this is all about ... but shou...  
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)