FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Sjc -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Sjc, User number 150
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

From Meta:

After a number of recent unpleasant experiences with Wikipedia, I am of the opinion that I no longer wish to be associated in any way with the project whatsoever; I can only reflect on what a pleasure it was in the early days and what a deeply divided, hostile and abusive community it has now become. I request herewith admin status removal as I won't be needing it again. Sjc 09:11, 20 November 2009 (UTC)

He's unhappiness came to a head when an article he created was tagged for speedy deletion a minute after creation by a sockpuppet.
He says he will document his experience at the strategy task force on community health next week.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

Looking over the contribs for Mr. Sjc (T-C-L-K-R-D) , it looks like he's taken lengthy breaks before, most recently from Oct. 30, 2008 thru April 9, 2009, following what appears to have been a talk-page blanking on Aug. 8, 2008. However, I don't see anything that would have precipitated that reaction... In fact, the static he got over the Authonomy (T-H-L-K-D) article (which is hardly something they should be deleting) seems to have been a fairly isolated incident.

My guess is he just outgrew the place, and reached the point where he just needed a decent excuse to quit. Like Jimbo says, people will stop bothering when it stops being fun, and it's hard to imagine people having much fun on Wikipedia. (That's always been the case, but now it's a little more obvious than it was.)
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 11,945

QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 25th November 2009, 6:13am) *

My guess is he just outgrew the place, and reached the point where he just needed a decent excuse to quit. Like Jimbo says, people will stop bothering when it stops being fun, and it's hard to imagine people having much fun on Wikipedia. (That's always been the case, but now it's a little more obvious than it was.)

He has been there for eight and a half years... it's not like it didn't take long.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)