FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
The King of Rome -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> The King of Rome, Some sauce with your pigeon?
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

The King of Rome: a heart-warming article about a long-dead racing pigeon.
The King of Rome was a successful racing pigeon, winning a 1,001-mile (1,611 km) race from Rome, Italy to England, in 1913. It was the subject of a song and book, both by Dave Sudbury, the former most famously recorded by June Tabor.

From Twitter:
@pigsonthewing Andy Mabbett
My Wikipedia article 'The King of Rome' is now available in Finnish and Swedish: goo.gl/5hbSs / @TomSprints @Victuallers
18 Dec via Dabr
Retweeted by Victuallers

By no means am I suggested that anyone mess with it, but I was struck by the phrase "my Wikipedia article". Perhaps Mabbett is unaware that anyone can edit WP, redirect his article to "Pigeon", and reduce it to a fragment in the much-needed "Pigeons in popular culture" section alongside some Simpsons and Pokemon references.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Silver seren

Group: Contributors

I use possessive words like that for my own articles too, everyone does. Everyone is protective of the articles they spent time in making and, while I don't bother using something like Twitter, I also announce to my friends otherwise whenever I finish writing a new article.

You're kinda stretching this one, aren't you?

Edit: Wait...why were you watching their Twitter? O_o

This post has been edited by Silver seren:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)