FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
It's confirmed. Jayjg runs an unauthorized bot -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's confirmed. Jayjg runs an unauthorized bot
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

Group: Regulars

It's confirmed. Jayjg runs an unauthorized bot

December 20:

contribs

03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Kosher tax‎ (Revenue Agency news release)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User:MoiseTshombe‎ ({{sockpuppetcheckuser|Fluffbrain}}) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) After the Holocaust‎ (→Holocaust denial - clean up section)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Holocaust denial‎ (→The existence and nature of the Holocaust was well-documented by the extremely bureaucratic German government itself - various responses)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Amaliq‎ (redirect WP:POVFORK) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Germar Rudolf‎ (remove all sorts of IP insertions - unsourced, apologetic, irrelevant, or POV. Also, add ref, and remove links that fail WP:EL or are broken) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User:Jayjg/Alberuni‎ (→BellSouth)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Anti-Arabism‎ (Edits by banned editor removed, per policy.)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) Talk:Jerusalem‎ (→protection -Edits by banned editor removed, per policy.) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) French Mandate of Syria‎ (banned user Alberuni editing) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) m French Mandate of Syria‎ (Protected French Mandate of Syria: banned user Alberuni editing [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed] (expires 03:10, 3 January 2008 (UTC)))
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) m Talk:Post-World War II baby boom‎ (→"Historical revision" section - fixing link) (top)
03:10, 20 December 2007 (hist) (diff) User talk:Peter cohen‎ (→David Irving, British English, etc. - new section)

logs

03:10, 20 December 2007 Jayjg (Talk | contribs) blocked "68.218.6.96 (Talk)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of 1 month ‎ (Banned Alberuni editing)
03:10, 20 December 2007 Jayjg (Talk | contribs) protected French Mandate of Syria ‎ (banned user Alberuni editing [edit=autoconfirmed:move=autoconfirmed] (expires 03:10, 3 January 2008 (UTC)))

Jayjg finds time to run lots of POV edits, then run several checkusers, cyberstalk someone who vandalized his userpage two weeks ago to mark them as a sockpuppet of "Fluffbrain" who no one's ever heard of, add more cyberstalking data to his attack article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jayjg/Alberuni and do whatever stalker crap that makes Amorrow look tame in comparison, and he does it all in less than 60 seconds.

You know, I bet if we saw the checkuser logs, we'd see that Jayjg didn't do it in 1 second but he spent hours fishing in checkuser. You know while checkuser logs are private so as not to disclose people's IP addresses, I think they should make at least the timestamp of each time someone uses checkuser visible. If we do that, then we could see just how often Jayjg fishes around in there.

I wonder if it's against the rules for Alison to say if he did all his checkusering at 03:10, 20 December 2007 or if Jayjg did it leisurely and how long he spent on it?

You know I looked for Alberni's story at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_banned_users and I don't know what he did. However this http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=42193184 sheds light on things. Jayjg and SlimVirgin keep removing Alberni's statement:

Alberuni has been mercilessly censored for speaking out against the great Ziopedian systemic bias. --[[User:86.141.50.205|86.141.50.205]] 03:08, 16 January 2006 (UTC)

Yes, and I wonder how Wikipedia allows such censorship practices! This is very harmful to the nuetrality and objectiveness of Wikipedia. Something has to be done to restrain the pro-Israeli administrators who ban left and right everybody who contributes something they don't like! Ù‘[[User:82.148.97.67|82.148.97.67]] 13:32, 4 March 2006 (UTC)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Amarkov

Ãœber Member

Group: Inactive
Member No.: 3,635

Obviously, this is "tabbed browsing". Now, the only information that I can reveal about tabbed browsing is that it makes 1 minute equal to several minutes; everything else is strictly sooper sekrit. But rest assured, no admin that I like is running an unauthorized bot!

Oh, and if he is running an authorized bot, it doesn't matter because he got "implicit consent". This is obvious from the fact that people did not start complaining the instant he started.
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Thu 20th December 2007, 10:01pm) *

Obviously, this is "tabbed browsing". Now, the only information that I can reveal about tabbed browsing is that it makes 1 minute equal to several minutes; everything else is strictly sooper sekrit. But rest assured, no admin that I like is running an unauthorized bot!

Oh, and if he is running an authorized bot, it doesn't matter because he got "implicit consent". This is obvious from the fact that people did not start complaining the instant he started.

I've found if I try to open up about 50 tabbed windows and then fire them all at once, it bogs down my computer pretty good. My computer's CPU, memory, and hard drive couldn't keep up. Then sending all that data to the net simultaneously will result in it overflowing so things will come back and even on a high speed connection, it'd be hard to cram it all in under a minute, so maybe Jayjg is doing his stuff from a T1 at a computer somewhere outside his home.

Regardless, he still can't be doing all his fishing in checkuser that fast.
+Quote Post
Ampersand

Neophyte

Group: Contributors

Perhaps now Jayjg's account is being used by multiple members of the Cabal as a place for them to do all their edits?
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Member No.: 3,670

Technically this would be an "assistive agent" rather than an autonomous bot, since the agent is executing specified edits on behalf of Jayjg, who personally queued them up.
+Quote Post
Mndrew

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 21st December 2007, 12:32am) *
I've found if I try to open up about 50 tabbed windows and then fire them all at once, it bogs down my computer pretty good. My computer's CPU, memory, and hard drive couldn't keep up. Then sending all that data to the net simultaneously will result in it overflowing so things will come back and even on a high speed connection, it'd be hard to cram it all in under a minute, so maybe Jayjg is doing his stuff from a T1 at a computer somewhere outside his home.
Strangely enough, I have 65 tabs open and my computer hasn't missed a beat.

I would suspect Jayjg would be running this from more than one connection or else have some souped-up rig. There is no way one man could accrue so many edits in such a short time.
+Quote Post
cyofee

Unless he has a very old PC and a very bad browser, having 50 tabs shouldn't be a problem to him.

However, a regular network card and router can't take creating 50 TCP connections in the same second. It would take at least a minute load all the pages.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

It basically depends on how much RAM you have, and how much content you have in each tab. Some people use a USB memory stick for their swap file, which also helps.
+Quote Post
Disillusioned Lackey

Unregistered

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 21st December 2007, 8:55am) *

It basically depends on how much RAM you have, and how much content you have in each tab. Some people use a USB memory stick for their swap file, which also helps.

Any good hacker can tell you that time is a philisophical notion. Changing the clock is the most basic thing anyone does when messing with computer-anything. It covers tracks. When I had a cyberintruder, their favorite thing to do was put in code and label the time Aug 14 2004, (or was it Aug 4, I forget) so that the additional material appeared to be part of WinXP2's main package.

Even if you take auditing on your machine, intruders regularly alter the time on the machine so as to mask things - his was mentioned by Steve Reilly of Microsoft Security a while back. If you have intrusion issues, dont trust your clock.

Extrapolating this to the net, why anyone should trust the clock to trust checkuser even on the WP server (I know Ive been dressed down for this theory, so just go at me again, I dont care) is something I dont understand. At some point, anything can be changed. I dont want to have a discussion about the how and why and probably. Just wanted to toss that out there (then duck and run).
+Quote Post
SenseMaker

If you did the strange stuff that Jayjg is currently doing in the presence of SlimVirgin and you were not on your side you would face the inquisition and then probably be banned for just not being normal. Jayjg is on SlimVirgin's side thus don't expect anyone to complain (as they fear the ban hammer.)

Jayjg is using another account that is using another IP. He is using the Jayjg account to ensure we don't look too hard at his other accounts and connect them to him. I suspect he is caching his edits in part because he doesn't want to show any time series information as to when he is actually editing, because that could be an effective clue to identifying his other accounts.

Someone should ask Jayjg why he is being so weird. It shouldn't be necessary if he was on the up and up.

This post has been edited by SenseMaker:
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Think about Fair and Foul, and one immediately falls into Furore.
+Quote Post
Saltimbanco

Who watches the watchmen?

Isn't it a contradiction to call anything that Jayjg does at Wikipedia "unauthorized?"
+Quote Post
EuroSceptic

Member No.: 322

Just simple, he is gaming us using some tabs.....
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

So it's easy to find out. After Jayjg is done with one of his 30-edits-in-a-minute rampages, revert them all with the edit summary of "unauthorized bot", wait for all hell to break loose, and see what happens!
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

QUOTE(gomi @ Fri 21st December 2007, 11:55pm) *

So it's easy to find out. After Jayjg is done with one of his 30-edits-in-a-minute rampages, revert them all with the edit summary of "unauthorized bot", wait for all hell to break loose, and see what happens!

Good call.

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 21st December 2007, 7:55am) *

You put something in your USB part for your swap file then when you bump your computer accidentally it all goes to hell and your memory is all gone!
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

It takes a certain amount of physical grace and panache to use a computer without bumping into it like a clumsy oaf.
+Quote Post
Miltopia

This thread rules.

The bot would explain all the "thank you for your syncophantic messages" he did at once.
+Quote Post
gomi

Group: Members

"syncophantic"? - Is this the kind of fawning adulation that leads people to make synchronized edits to the same articles? :-)
+Quote Post
Miltopia

Lol, when I typed that I even thought "don't add an 'n' like you always do". Guess I did anyway.
+Quote Post
LamontStormstar

Postmaster

Suddenly tonight Jayjg has mysteriously stopped his botlike edits and is editing normally all night for hours now. His edits consist of edit warring and arguing on talk pages over Jewish-related articles.

This post has been edited by LamontStormstar:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)