FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Seriously is anyone actually reading this? (annexed) -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seriously is anyone actually reading this? (annexed), Nableezy....Wikipedia's darling
Wikifan

Group: Contributors

I stalk AE quite often to check and see what drama is stirring up. I realized that a strong minority of AE are almost exclusively aimed at Israel/Palestine editors, and editors seeking enforcement are often repeat-offenders themselves.

For example:

example

Now I'm not privy to this discussion and really don't know the backstory. But how many times has Nableezy filed an AE against a disagreeing editor? This must be his 10th report.

Which begs the question...what editors dominate noticeboard and enforcement boards?

Nab leads the pack according to my count.

And I'm pretty sure he/she has filed one or two reports against me some time ago. Does this sort of behavior strike anyone else as odd? These reports were all filed in the last 7 months.

Can anyone top Nableezy here?

This post has been edited by Wikifan:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Mod warning: if you engage Wikifan on any topic related to Israel/Palestine, you do so at your own risk.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 17th June 2011, 9:48pm) *

Mod warning: if you engage Wikifan on any topic related to Israel/Palestine, you do so at your own risk.

Don't look at me......I've still got him on ignore, so I don't see this thread. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post
radek

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sat 18th June 2011, 3:03am) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 17th June 2011, 9:48pm) *

Don't look at me......I've still got him on ignore, so I don't see this thread. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

The general topic of AE enforcement though is a legitimate one. Seriously, we hear a lot about all the dumb stuff that happens at AN/I (partly because there are more colorful characters there) but nary a peep about all the admin stupidity that goes on at AE. And for my money, the answer to the question - "where do you get more idiotic admin action, AN/I or AE" - is that AE wins hands down (and, this might sound weird, especially since Sandstein gave up on it ). It's more of a boring, humdrum, gray Kafkaseque idiocy than the drama fests and flame wars at AN/I but in its implications and forehead slappin' effect it just can't be beat.

AGK just managed to set a new record for AE stupidity recently, in what is a quite competitive sport, when he blocked a user for filing a correct and substantiated - substantiated by AGK in fact - report, one in which he himself took action against the other party, of an interaction ban violation. Because you see, if somebody violates their interaction ban against you, and you say something about that, you're violating your interaction ban. Obviously did not bother thinking this one through.

Seriously, I've known homeless drunks who could do a better job of enforcing Arbitration rulings than the current crop (the only sensible person currently active at AE is Boris G, who's not even an admin and unsurprisingly is completely ignored by the admins). Hell, the homeless drunks' mangy (and also homeless and also probably drunk) dogs could do a better job than what we get.

I'm actually thinking of writing a short history of AE and how it developed and how it got to the insanely dysfunctional - even by Wikipedia standards - state it is in today and collecting the data right now. We'll see if I have the time.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 18th June 2011, 12:48am) *

Eh, phooey. Personally, I think the British should come in an reclaim the Holy Land -- their decision to pull out in 1948 caused nothing but headaches. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)
+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 18th June 2011, 10:55am) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 18th June 2011, 12:48am) *

Eh, phooey. Personally, I think the British should come in an reclaim the Holy Land -- their decision to pull out in 1948 caused nothing but headaches. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

yes, imperialists always know better! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
thekohser

Is the Annex full, or something?
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 18th June 2011, 6:55am) *

How dare you! You are trying to illegitimate the rightful owners of the Holy Land-the Crusader Kingdom of Baldwin IV, Leper King of Jerusalem! What the nonexistant peace process needs right now is a bunch of chain-mail clad Christians LARPing through Jerusalem. A mutual target of hate would do everyone some good.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

I represent the Canaanites, the most oppressed people in history.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 18th June 2011, 10:21am) *

I represent the Canaanites, the most oppressed people in history.

No, the Midianites. And since it's such a horrible biblical genocide and ordered by the Hebrew god, therefore Wikipedia hardly has anything on it (at least nothing specific) in their only relevant article: that on Midian.
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

How dare you. The oppression of the Canaanites was a unique moment in history. Anyone who tries to compare the Midianites is ipso facto guilty of Canaanite Oppression denial.
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 18th June 2011, 3:57pm) *

How dare you. The oppression of the Canaanites was a unique moment in history. Anyone who tries to compare the Midianites is ipso facto guilty of Canaanite Oppression denial.

Of the 613 Mitzvot:
"596. Destroy the seven Canaanite nations--Deuteronomy 20:17

597. Not to let any of them remain alive--Deuteronomy 20:16

598. Wipe out the descendants of Amalek--Deuteronomy 25:19"

Which is a pretty rough thing, try telling kids in Hebrew school they still have to kill any Canaanites they meet at the grocery store or at the DMV. I expect a suit against YHWH in the ICC on the matter.*

*(As a side note, archaeologists think it's apocryphal and it's commonly thought that these are moot as none of the targeted groups exist. Still a lot to swallow.)
+Quote Post
It's the blimp, Frank

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Sololol @ Sat 18th June 2011, 9:28pm) *

*(As a side note, archaeologists think it's apocryphal and it's commonly thought that these are moot as none of the targeted groups exist. Still a lot to swallow.)
Yes, that's the well-known "New Anti-Canaanism".
+Quote Post
Sololol

Bell the Cat

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 18th June 2011, 11:11pm) *

Haha, well played, sir.

Back on topic for the sake of perversity, assuming Nabl-E-Z(his rapper name) is the most common litigant at A/E ...so what? You admit you don't know the details (can't blame you, A/E shit is tough to swallow at the best of times), I don't either. The kicker with Nableezy is that he's often right and takes out the shit most people can't be bothered to deal with. I hate A/E, nowhere is WP's shitty interface and Kafkaesque bureaucracy more apparent but it's necessary; most mods are far too burnt out to deal with the daily influx of pure nonsense and lack the political capital to act on their own. Look at the number of frivolous charges brought up at A/E and I bet Nableezy also tops the list (Jiujitsuguy's hilariously meticulous attempt to nail him for sockpupetting from IPs is easily the best). I'm not even sure why Nab bothers fighting such a hopeless battle but I'm glad someone does it. On the plus side the primary canvassing cabal is temporarily in retreat. Hooray.
+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(Sololol @ Sun 19th June 2011, 5:27am) *

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 18th June 2011, 11:11pm) *

Haha, well played, sir.

Back on topic for the sake of perversity, assuming Nabl-E-Z(his rapper name) is the most common litigant at A/E ...so what? You admit you don't know the details (can't blame you, A/E shit is tough to swallow at the best of times), I don't either. The kicker with Nableezy is that he's often right and takes out the shit most people can't be bothered to deal with. I hate A/E, nowhere is WP's shitty interface and Kafkaesque bureaucracy more apparent but it's necessary; most mods are far too burnt out to deal with the daily influx of pure nonsense and lack the political capital to act on their own. Look at the number of frivolous charges brought up at A/E and I bet Nableezy also tops the list (Jiujitsuguy's hilariously meticulous attempt to nail him for sockpupetting from IPs is easily the best). I'm not even sure why Nab bothers fighting such a hopeless battle but I'm glad someone does it. On the plus side the primary canvassing cabal is temporarily in retreat. Hooray.

The issue is Nableezy habitually defers to Arbitration Enforcement in content disputes. Requesting for topic bans on editors who clearly don't share the same views. Wikipedia has a very solid network of dispute resolution and yet Nableezy goes straight to AE when it comes to Israel/Palestine. No 3OO, mediation, RFC, etc.

He probably spends more time trying to remove editors from wikipedia he disagrees with than actually contributing content to wikipedia.
+Quote Post
Silver seren

While I spend my time on Wikipedia making articles about cookbooks. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
Wikifan

Immune from any sort any sort of sanctions apparently. He/she decides to strike the offending comments and all the admins cave in.

A slam by NMMNG:

You want to know what constitutes battlefield mentality? Nableezy refusing to withdraw his AE report after AgadaUrbanit self-reverted (which resulted in a ban that escalated both in length and in scope from his last ban a year ago). Then, while on parole from his never-ending but rarely escalating bans, behaving, well, like he always does (isn't civility supposed to be one of the five pillars of wikipedia?) then claiming this report is moot because he corrected the problem. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who sees the irony here.
And to the admins below, what kind of ridiculous cop-out is this? If what he did is ok, just say so and let's move on (I also have some stuff I'd like to say to other editors which I'll gladly redact if it gets me in trouble), or if what he did is not ok, consider the fact he was warned multiple times about civility, has been banned repeatedly and is currently on a modified topic ban, and smack him with the kind of ban you'd give someone who's not Nableezy. This has gone way beyond absurd to bordering on the grotesque

Nableezy did hit Agada with an AE and refused to withdraw the complaint after he reverted his edits. Yet Nableezy gets a pass for doing the exact same thing?

It's as if the admins didn't even bother reading the complaint. They just saw "Nableezy" and barked the usual narrative. Nab can redact his incivility without punishment but other users are hit with half year bans for less? Arbitration Enforcement is slowly mutating into a Kangaroo court. Dispute resolution process is fine in most areas of Wikipedia but for all things Middle East logic/reason tend to go right out the window.

discuss.

This post has been edited by Wikifan:
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(Wikifan @ Fri 24th June 2011, 6:12am) *
Arbitration Enforcement is slowly mutating into a Kangaroo court.
Slowly mutating? It has always been a kangaroo court.
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

"Seriously is anyone actually reading this?"

Unlikely, if you keep spamming General Discussion. People don't read things to report to dim wits like you anyway.
+Quote Post
Wikifan

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Fri 24th June 2011, 11:46am) *

"Seriously is anyone actually reading this?"

Unlikely, if you keep spamming General Discussion. People don't read things to report to dim wits like you anyway.

who are you anyways?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)