FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
David Gerard -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Gerard, Not that there's anything wrong with that!
tarantino

the Dude abides

Group: Regulars

Whenever I stop by Gerard's user page, I always get sidetracked and start daydreaming about what it would be like to live with a wife and a girlfriend.

Then I start wondering about a married man and his girlfriend both being directors of the same company. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, as long is it is all out in the open.

Is there?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

"Wife" and "girlfriend" are such bourgeious words, though... Dave prefers the much more bohemian term, "concubines."

As for Arkady Rose being a co-director of Wikimedia UK, well... someone has to do it, and as long as she continues to live under the same roof, I figure Dave should be able to keep his unfounded sockpuppetry accusations against her down to a fairly reasonable level.

I'm not saying he will, of course...
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

I just wonder why it's often the ones closest to the Wikipedia Inner Sanctum who are the worst spammers on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=105848595

It doesn't get any spammier than that article, or that link.

Then, there's this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=16330496

Kinda reminds me of Baudy's Clown redirect.

What's that saying about stone throwers living in glass houses?

This post has been edited by Piperdown:
+Quote Post
Castle Rock

Member No.: 3,051

QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 15th November 2007, 6:59pm) *

Whenever I stop by Gerard's user page, I always get sidetracked and start daydreaming about what it would be like to live with a wife and a girlfriend.

Then I start wondering about a married man and his girlfriend both being directors of the same company. I guess there's nothing wrong with that, as long is it is all out in the open.

Is there?

LoL Veesicle just sacrificed his year old account to place An editor has expressed a concern that this user may be a sock puppet of WordBomb. tag on David Gerard's user page. JzG swoops in for the kill saying I have blocked you for abject stupidity. It's kind of hard to imagine what else you would have wanted, given that edit., but Veesicle just laughs and laughs.
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Fri 16th November 2007, 3:17am) *

Is there?

LoL Veesicle just sacrificed his year old account to place An editor has expressed a concern that this user may be a sock puppet of WordBomb. tag on David Gerard's user page. JzG swoops in for the kill saying I have blocked you for abject stupidity. It's kind of hard to imagine what else you would have wanted, given that edit., but Veesicle just laughs and laughs.

Excellent. I'd like to buy Veesicle a virtual pint.

And someone get just some guy a valium.
+Quote Post
WordBomb

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Thu 15th November 2007, 11:17pm) *
The extreme irony of the situation is that I happen to be the editor with the concern. Given that fact, what Veesicle did was 100% accurate. I hereby demand that his account be returned to him.
+Quote Post
Jonny Cache

τα δε μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Contributors

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Thu 15th November 2007, 11:26pm) *

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Fri 16th November 2007, 3:17am) *

Is there?

Excellent. I'd like to buy Veesicle a virtual pint.

And someone get just some guy a valium.

I was schocked to learn that Wikipedia had a rule about Abject Stupidity, but sure enough, there it is — WP:Abject Stupidity.

But, as I ½-expected, it's not so much a Rule against Abject Stupidity as a Template for promoting it.

Jonny (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)

This post has been edited by Jonny Cache:
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Fri 16th November 2007, 3:40am) *

QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Thu 15th November 2007, 11:17pm) *
The extreme irony of the situation is that I happen to be the editor with the concern. Given that fact, what Veesicle did was 100% accurate. I hereby demand that his account be returned to him.

I guess one can't take the Wikibible literally, Brother Bomb.

1) Follow the rules
2) Except when you want to IAR
3) Don't sockpuppet abusively
4) Unless you're SlimVirgin or Mantanmoreland or .....[feel free to add more untouchable hypocrites here]
5) always provide sources for your edits
6) Unless you own the joint, then it's Bonzai time, buddy!
7) Don't personally attack anyone on WP
8) Unless it's Daniel Brandt, Judson Bagley, Patrick Byrne, Mark Devlin, Professor Black, Greg Kohs, Jon Awbrey, etc etc.
+Quote Post
WordBomb

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(tarantino @ Thu 15th November 2007, 10:59pm) *

Is there?
I hereby give a gift to some aspiring comedy writer seeking his/her big break: take one look at this image, captured at Gerard's betrothal, and then spend 15 minutes (max) crafting the obvious sitcom pilot episode begging to be released from it:
(IMG:http://www.arkady.org.uk/Wedding/007.jpg)
From left to right: Hanna (Matron of Honour), Liz, David, Arkady (Best Man)

Yes, this one writes itself.

Suggested working titles:
Trauma Club (a play on the obvious fact that they resemble a high school drama club)
Like a Goth to a Flamer
Fairleather Friends
The New Immorality
Bye, Curious!
The Glossy Aussie and his Swinging Posse
I could go on but that would be unfair to the rest of you.

One serious question: how much (in €) did Gerard pay for that Ken Doll-quality hair transplant job?
+Quote Post
Piperdown

Fat Cat

careful, word, they're going to call you "odious" again.

"An editor on Gary's PC, but not Gary, suspects that Wordbomb is a beaneater who goes sans beano" might be your new wiki epitaph if you're not nice.

I'd always wondered what happened to the teenagers I used to go see Rocky Horror with, when I was young enough to be an WP Admin.
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

Group: Staffy

DG has to be the most tasteless goth i've ever seen (not his outfit but friends), ick.
his wife looks like a retarded wale and girlfriend like a wrinkled nazi librarian.

he just looks silly but is still the least scary in the pic which is saying something when you've seen the famous "mime" photo o-o

i know, offtopic, but I just had to comment..
+Quote Post
Jonny Cache

τα δε μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

QUOTE(Selina @ Fri 16th November 2007, 5:34am) *

DG has to be the most tasteless goth i've ever seen (not his outfit but friends), ick.

his wife looks like a retarded wale and girlfriend like a wrinkled nazi librarian.

he just looks silly but is still the least scary in the pic which is saying something when you've seen the famous "mime" photo o-o

And we know that you mean all of that in the nicest possible way …

Retarded Wale — ka-zing!

Jonny (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

I'm sure Liz and Arkady are very nice, extremely bright people... who just happen to have questionable taste in men. More importantly, I'd imagine their use of multiple WP accounts is relatively under control at this point.
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(Selina @ Fri 16th November 2007, 9:34am) *

Give the lady a break, will you, she's ill and can't even leave the house. That may be the reason for the strange social arrangement. We don't know; not our business. I realize you're the site owner, but I'd personally feel better about participating here if we weren't opportunistically lashing out at innocent uninvolved people.

This post has been edited by Proabivouac:
+Quote Post
Selina

Cat herder

Group: Staffy

site owner has nothing to do with anything dont worry you can say what you want about me i dont care I will just argue right back (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

its not really so much opportunism its nothing to do with the fact that they are associated with david gerard, i just saw a picture of scary people so gave my honest opinion, I don't like lying about people to avoid offence

hell dgerard is probably one of the least insane admins there from what i can remember
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Fri 16th November 2007, 8:45pm) *

Give the lady a break, will you, she's ill and can't even leave the house. That may be the reason for the strange social arrangement. We don't know; not our business. I realize you're the site owner, but I'd personally feel better about participating here if we weren't opportunistically lashing out at innocent uninvolved people.

I have to agree. The main reason I brought the arrangement up was for comment on the impropriety of 2 out of three directors of Wikimedia UK are also partners in a slightly unorthodox relationship. I see now there is only three directors because 2 very recently resigned citing work pressures.
+Quote Post
tarantino

the Dude abides

QUOTE(Taxwoman @ Fri 16th November 2007, 10:53pm) *

I see now there is only three directors because 2 very recently resigned citing work pressures.

How do I apply for the vacancy? I must be pretty well qualified.

Instructions can be found at wikimedia.org.uk/volunteer.

It's probably a coincidence that Arkady became a director and CFO in August and James Forrester and Andrew Walker resigned in October and September, respectively.
+Quote Post
Robster

"Community"? Really?

QUOTE(Taxwoman @ Fri 16th November 2007, 5:53pm) *

I see now there is only three directors because 2 very recently resigned citing work pressures.

I have no doubt you'd whip them into shape.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
The Joy

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

QUOTE(Robster @ Fri 16th November 2007, 9:09pm) *

QUOTE(Taxwoman @ Fri 16th November 2007, 5:53pm) *

I have no doubt you'd whip them into shape.

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

Moderator: Remove above post per WR:BADJOKES. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
the fieryangel

the Internet Review Corporation is watching you...

Member No.: 577

QUOTE(Selina @ Fri 16th November 2007, 10:34am) *

I always assume that it's a good thing that people like this get together and form couples...I mean, that way, they are not making two other people unhappy. The fact that they are a threesome makes it even more people-friendly....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)