FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
DICK of Distinction awards - totals and master listings -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> DICK of Distinction awards - totals and master listings
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

(IMG:http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/metasonix/DICKawardstotals.png)

Note: I did not take totals for Tag-Team votes because they are extremely messy, and
the votes for Straight Shooter and Cojones are fairly consistent: Alison, Cla68, and Thatcher
have greatly dominated the vote totals, far ahead of anyone else.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

Hmmm... I think I disagree. I think that the most harmful editors are the POV pushers, because they have destroyed the credibility of the project by converting into a WP:SOAPbox for propaganda. They also drive away good contributors whom they regard as their opponents, either by simply annoying them to the breaking point, or conniving to get them banned. Wikipedia doesn't suffer from an article quantity problem, because that would solve itself over a period of time. It's a quality problem.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Thu 2nd February 2012, 1:58pm) *
I think that the most harmful editors are the POV pushers, because they have destroyed the credibility of the project by converting into a WP:SOAPbox for propaganda. They also drive away good contributors whom they regard as their opponents, either by simply annoying them to the breaking point, or conniving to get them banned.

That is somewhat true. Yet the craziest POVers have also written good material--biased as it often is,
it could be cleaned up, provided that anyone in the Freak Show really cared. They don't, so it isn't.

I'm thinking of really disgusting slimy characters like Orangemike, Hersfold or MuZemike. People
who block good editors, ruin the thing's reputation, and go around killing good content (most of the
real bastard-admins are also deletionists). I frankly think Orangemike should be tied down and
forcibly medicated. Not administering an "encyclopedia".

No one ever talks about Alexf or Tnxman307, two of the worst blockers, with user-block lists that
go on forever. I know for a fact that they've both blocked hundreds, maybe thousands, of people
improperly, apparently just for the sheer hell of it.

(Alexf is a rabid deletionist. He tries to kill articles that he really should not kill. Evil? Sloppy?
And, Alex Feldstein is relatively easy to find in the real world. I don't see his name in the DICK award votes.)

Or Ryulong. He screwed a LOT of people, and I don't recall anyone setting things right after he was desysopped.
There are still WP admins who think he is a great, great guy.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)