Post #21

Devils Advocaat

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 3,466

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 8:50pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 3:47pm) *

Meh. I'm not going to do a storm-off-in-a-sulk walkout; if there was a good reason for me to have admin rights back, I'd at least temporarily request them back (at some point myself and Kbthompson (T-C-L-K-R-D) promised that we'd go through the slurry of Category:Unknown-importance London-related articles and clear out the obvious unsalvageable crap and irredeemable spam for instance). I actually never did very many admin actions other than routine maintenance, so I can't see many situations where I'd actually want them.

What, you aren't going to put yourself forward in another RfA? I would love to see those chickens come home to roost! rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, well, it wouldn't be original now, would it. Anyhoo, since the leaving is not under a cloud why not request return of the tools and promptly use them to devastating effect against some unwary antagonist? evilgrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nerd
post Wed 15th July 2009, 9:27pm
Post #22

Über Member

Member No.: 11,945

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Wed 15th July 2009, 9:07pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 8:50pm) *

Meh. I'm not going to do a storm-off-in-a-sulk walkout; if there was a good reason for me to have admin rights back, I'd at least temporarily request them back (at some point myself and Kbthompson (T-C-L-K-R-D) promised that we'd go through the slurry of Category:Unknown-importance London-related articles and clear out the obvious unsalvageable crap and irredeemable spam for instance). I actually never did very many admin actions other than routine maintenance, so I can't see many situations where I'd actually want them.

What, you aren't going to put yourself forward in another RfA? I would love to see those chickens come home to roost! rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, well, it wouldn't be original now, would it. Anyhoo, since the leaving is not under a cloud why not request return of the tools and promptly use them to devastating effect against some unwary antagonist? evilgrin.gif

Another RFA would be very stupid indeed. Then again it would show if she still has trust in the community RFA voters' minds.

This post has been edited by Nerd: Wed 15th July 2009, 9:28pm
+Quote Post
Eva Destruction
post Wed 15th July 2009, 9:31pm
Post #23

Fat Cat

Member No.: 3,301

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Nerd @ Wed 15th July 2009, 10:27pm) *

Another RFA would be very stupid indeed. Then again it would show if she still has trust in the community RFA voters' minds.

If I were coming back "substantively" (i.e., not to do one particular non-contentious task) I would. (I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.) The odds of that are fairly unlikely in the current climate, though; there's not much going on that I'd actually have a use for any of the admin functions, and I can happily live without the endless stream of "why did you delete this page on my band!" complaints.
+Quote Post
Nerd
post Wed 15th July 2009, 9:50pm
Post #24

Über Member

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 10:31pm) *

If I were coming back "substantively" (i.e., not to do one particular non-contentious task) I would. (I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.) The odds of that are fairly unlikely in the current climate, though; there's not much going on that I'd actually have a use for any of the admin functions, and I can happily live without the endless stream of "why did you delete this page on my band!" complaints.

I cannot believe someone would go through the RFA process out of choice, but good for you anyway.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Wed 15th July 2009, 10:48pm
Post #25

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 4:31pm) *
(I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.)

No, there wouldn't be as much as I think -- there would probably be more. It would be a reprise of what Alex went through times two, since your sarcasm is far more cutting than anything Alex could create and RfA people have lost their adoration for that kind of shit.
+Quote Post
Shalom
post Wed 15th July 2009, 11:07pm
Post #26

Über Member

Member No.: 5,566

I actually never did very many admin actions other than routine maintenance, so I can't see many situations where I'd actually want them.

Suppose you wish to edit your edit notice? FAIL! smile.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 5:31pm) *

(I suspect there wouldn't be as much opposition as you'd think, other than the Civility Police and possibly Shalom.)
Depends if I happen to show up. I certainly would not support. This despite the fact that you have been a fine admin and did not abuse your tools or standing. RFA is about trust, not performance; and I lack the requisite trust. I don't expect a reply per our "water under the bridge conversation," but if you were curious, that's my word.
+Quote Post
LaraLove
post Thu 16th July 2009, 3:44am
Post #27

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Member No.: 4,627

QUOTE(Shalom @ Wed 15th July 2009, 7:07pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 5:31pm) *

Depends if I happen to show up. I certainly would not support. This despite the fact that you have been a fine admin and did not abuse your tools or standing. RFA is about trust, not performance; and I lack the requisite trust. I don't expect a reply per our "water under the bridge conversation," but if you were curious, that's my word.

Sort of examples why you should not be an admin. Your priorities are all fucked up. If there is anything this project needs, it's "fine admins", as it's greatly lacking in that area. But, because you're a pissy little grudge-bearer, you'd oppose her because of a distrust based from her opposing your RFA.

And save the paragraphs detailing the oppose. I know the history.
+Quote Post
Anonymous editor
post Thu 16th July 2009, 5:40am
Post #28

Über Member

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE(Nerd @ Wed 15th July 2009, 5:50pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 10:31pm) *

I cannot believe someone would go through the RFA process out of choice, but good for you anyway.

What's not to believe? Thousands have.

And I'm sure this is a great day for Shalom. He and all the IPs he's using are throwing a grand old party.

But, because you're a pissy little grudge-bearer, you'd oppose her because of a distrust based from her opposing your RFA.

Yep. Few can hold grudges quite like Shalom Yechiel.

This post has been edited by Anonymous editor: Thu 16th July 2009, 5:42am
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle
post Thu 16th July 2009, 10:43am
Post #29

Postmaster

Member No.: 3,953

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 15th July 2009, 11:48pm) *

QUOTE(Eva Destruction @ Wed 15th July 2009, 4:31pm) *

No, there wouldn't be as much as I think -- there would probably be more. It would be a reprise of what Alex went through times two, since your sarcasm is far more cutting than anything Alex could create and RfA people have lost their adoration for that kind of shit.

No. I actually think Iridescent wouldn't have that much of a prob. Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editing style, but she can also be hilarious if you're not on the receiving end, and what she says even if she has a go at you often makes sense to you if you get past the way it's delivered. smile.gif She has plenty of wiki-friends.

This post has been edited by wikiwhistle: Thu 16th July 2009, 10:47am
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Thu 16th July 2009, 3:23pm
Post #30

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 16th July 2009, 5:43am) *
Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editing style, but she can also be hilarious if you're not on the receiving end, and what she says even if she has a go at you often makes sense to you if you get past the way it's delivered. smile.gif She has plenty of wiki-friends.

So does Majorly and look what happened to him. wink.gif
+Quote Post
Nerd
post Thu 16th July 2009, 3:50pm
Post #31

Über Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Thu 16th July 2009, 4:23pm) *

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Thu 16th July 2009, 5:43am) *
Iri has a somewhat brusque personality and editing style, but she can also be hilarious if you're not on the receiving end, and what she says even if she has a go at you often makes sense to you if you get past the way it's delivered. smile.gif She has plenty of wiki-friends.

So does Majorly and look what happened to him. wink.gif

All too often though the wrong person is on the receiving end. While Iridescent never abused admin rights, she can often be quite unfriendly and self-righteous, which is a poor personality trait to have.

She certainly has a lot of wikifriends, and is sometimes funny, but her remarks are sometimes quite cutting. She seems to take an almost aggressive stance on things - not really very good.

One of the most irritating things is when she takes every opportunity to boast about her lackluster FAs on bridges and housing estates, and belittle other editors who haven't quite got her "brilliance".

Other than that, I really do like Iridescent!
+Quote Post
Casliber
post Fri 17th July 2009, 1:17am
Post #32

Member No.: 3,559

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

aawww, I liked teh bridges biggrin.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th 6 17, 2:11pm