FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
CharlieEchoTangoSkidoo! -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

> CharlieEchoTangoSkidoo!, goodbye message
mbz1

Group: Contributors

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=481622603

...But leaving aside the personal attack by a pompous asshole, I realize now that I do not enjoy spending time on Wikipedia anymore. I'm not a drama queen, and this is not a ragequit, rather, it is the result of real life stress, lack of motivation, and a long trend of growing disillusion towards this project. Blocking vandals, deleting pages, granting rollback, and edit-warring with anons, this is just not what I envisionned myself doing here. I haven't been productive in content space for a while now, and I simply do not have the time and patience to commit to the maintenance side of this project anymore.

So, perhaps ironically, I thank the laughing idiot for making me take a step back here and think about my involvement with this project. I was never a great editor, or great administrator, but I gave it what I could, especially early on, and I'm proud of whatever small deeds I accomplished around here. I think now is the time for me to focus on what really matters.

He makes some interesting points. IMO sooner or later most work to be done on wikipedia will be maintenance. I believe maintenance is boring. I wonder, if one day there will be more vandals than admins who'd be willing to spend time blocking them, and users who'd be willing to spend time reverting vandalism.

This post has been edited by mbz1:
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)