FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
The King of Rome -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This subforum is for critical evaluation of Wikipedia articles. However, to reduce topic-bloat, please make note of exceptionally poor stubs, lists, and other less attention-worthy material in the Miscellaneous Grab Bag thread. Also, please be aware that agents of the Wikimedia Foundation might use your evaluations to improve the articles in question.

Useful Links: Featured Article CandidatesFeatured Article ReviewArticles for DeletionDeletion Review

> The King of Rome, Some sauce with your pigeon?
carbuncle

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars

The King of Rome: a heart-warming article about a long-dead racing pigeon.
The King of Rome was a successful racing pigeon, winning a 1,001-mile (1,611 km) race from Rome, Italy to England, in 1913. It was the subject of a song and book, both by Dave Sudbury, the former most famously recorded by June Tabor.

From Twitter:
@pigsonthewing Andy Mabbett
My Wikipedia article 'The King of Rome' is now available in Finnish and Swedish: goo.gl/5hbSs / @TomSprints @Victuallers
18 Dec via Dabr
Retweeted by Victuallers

By no means am I suggested that anyone mess with it, but I was struck by the phrase "my Wikipedia article". Perhaps Mabbett is unaware that anyone can edit WP, redirect his article to "Pigeon", and reduce it to a fragment in the much-needed "Pigeons in popular culture" section alongside some Simpsons and Pokemon references.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Fusion

Group: Contributors

I had not previously seen the Arch Coal article. As originally written, it is a masterpiece of selective information favouring the company and I commend the author. But it has now become more NPOV, meaning that it has deteriorated (from Arch Coal's point of view). Obviously, such articles need to be monitored to try to stop this happening.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)