post Tue 19th April 2011, 9:23pm
Post #41

Über Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 11,716

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Tue 19th April 2011, 10:07pm) *

I don't think remembering who exactly oversighted the information is really necessary.

And I do understand why it was necessary within policy, I just think the policy is ignorant and wrong.

And if I have the timeline wrong, it's because no one really explained anything in any real detail. It took me forever to even get what I did out of you guys. hrmph.gif

Arbcom were of course acting in Rod's best interest, we know this to be true because they told us so.

And the rest is silence...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirFozzie
post Tue 19th April 2011, 9:41pm
Post #42

Über Member

Member No.: 1,200

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:23pm) *

I don't think remembering who exactly oversighted the information is really necessary.

And I do understand why it was necessary within policy, I just think the policy is ignorant and wrong.

And if I have the timeline wrong, it's because no one really explained anything in any real detail. It took me forever to even get what I did out of you guys. hrmph.gif

Arbcom were of course acting in Rod's best interest, we know this to be true because they told us so.

And that people who actually, you know, saw the statement agreed that it was oversighted for a good reason.

But that's just a minor flaw in your argument for a reason?

Talk about a catch 22. If we talk about the reason it was oversighted, then you'd blast us for treating RHE poorly by revealing real life issues. If we don't, we're hiding something from everyone.

And Silver: Do you have a reason to know this other then you can't stand not knowing the exact particulars of the issue? One would think that how things turned out (with RHE's appeal to Jimbo and Jimbo's modification), you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together and not get Pi.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Tue 19th April 2011, 9:55pm
Post #43

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Member No.: 9,985

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:41pm) *

Talk about a catch 22.

Eh, go to Heller. dry.gif

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:41pm) *
If we talk about the reason it was oversighted, then you'd blast us for treating RHE poorly by revealing real life issues. If we don't, we're hiding something from everyone.

I cannot think of a better reason for getting rid of personal Talk Pages altogether. Conversations should be limited to Article Discussion pages and noticeboards. Leave the chat to Facebook.
+Quote Post
SirFozzie
post Tue 19th April 2011, 9:58pm
Post #44

Über Member

Member No.: 1,200

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

You know, Horsey, I think you've taken over my role as WR's preminent punster smile.gif
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:07pm
Post #45

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:58pm) *

You know, Horsey, I think you've taken over my role as WR's preminent punster smile.gif

You can't lose what you never possessed. dry.gif

All seriousness aside, I do feel bad for RHE...if he is reading this, I hope that real life is showing him a lot more happiness than the Wiki variety has been dumping on him.

QUOTE(Silver seren @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:07pm) *
It took me forever to even get what I did out of you guys. hrmph.gif

Next time, use more lube. evilgrin.gif
+Quote Post
RMHED
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:09pm
Post #46

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 10:41pm) *

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:23pm) *

And that people who actually, you know, saw the statement agreed that it was oversighted for a good reason.

But that's just a minor flaw in your argument for a reason?

To repeat... "Arbcom were of course acting in Rod's best interest, we know this to be true because they told us so."

If you choose to accept the poisoned chalice of Arbcom membership then you really must expect to be constantly in the wrong. This is the essence of your role, you give the necessary distractions for the 'pedia populace.
+Quote Post
Malleus
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:38pm
Post #47

Fat Cat

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 8,716

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 19th April 2011, 10:55pm) *
I cannot think of a better reason for getting rid of personal Talk Pages altogether. Conversations should be limited to Article Discussion pages and noticeboards. Leave the chat to Facebook.

I think that's a difficult one. I saw at least some of what RHE was posting on his talk page and it was disturbing. But talk pages can also be rallying points, provide feedback, offer encouragement ... nobody's obliged to read them anyway, so if you don't like 'em don't read 'em.

This post has been edited by Malleus: Tue 19th April 2011, 10:39pm
+Quote Post
Malleus
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:42pm
Post #48

Fat Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:07pm) *
All seriousness aside, I do feel bad for RHE...if he is reading this, I hope that real life is showing him a lot more happiness than the Wiki variety has been dumping on him.

To be fair, he dumped a whole load of unhappiness on others himself, so hopefully he's learned a lesson.

This post has been edited by Malleus: Tue 19th April 2011, 10:43pm
+Quote Post
RMHED
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:44pm
Post #49

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:42pm) *

To be fair, he dumped a whole load of unhappiness himself, so hopefully he's learned a lesson.

"and the lesson today is how to die!"
+Quote Post
Malleus
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:47pm
Post #50

Fat Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:44pm) *

To be fair, he dumped a whole load of unhappiness himself, so hopefully he's learned a lesson.

Are you seriously suggesting that anyone apparently announcing their imminent suicide is a fit person to be a wikipedia administrator?
+Quote Post
Zoloft
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:49pm
Post #51

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 3:44pm) *

meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH
+Quote Post
RMHED
post Tue 19th April 2011, 10:51pm
Post #52

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:47pm) *

Are you seriously suggesting that anyone apparently announcing their imminent suicide is a fit person to be a wikipedia administrator?

Of course. I see no incompatibility. If anything, I'd hope suicidal admins was an increasing Wikipedia trend.

This post has been edited by RMHED: Tue 19th April 2011, 10:54pm
+Quote Post
Malleus
post Tue 19th April 2011, 11:14pm
Post #53

Fat Cat

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:51pm) *

QUOTE(Malleus @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:47pm) *

Of course. I see no incompatibility. If anything, I'd hope suicidal admins was an increasing Wikipedia trend.

Each to their own I suppose.
+Quote Post
RMHED
post Tue 19th April 2011, 11:41pm
Post #54

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Tue 19th April 2011, 11:49pm) *

QUOTE(RMHED @ Tue 19th April 2011, 3:44pm) *

meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH

Babylon is irie.
+Quote Post
Detective
post Wed 20th April 2011, 11:54am
Post #55

Member No.: 35,179

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 10:58pm) *

Never mind, Fozzie. You can be the person with the oddest spelling errors. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(-DS- @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:58pm) *

Jimbo says he'll "recommend to the Committee that Rodhullandemu be allowed back provisionally" "upon presentation to him of real-world evidence that professional/medical help has been sought and followed for six months, and upon the recommendation of those professionals".

That's no good; it clearly violates WP:V. We need a statement in a Reliable Source, which of course excludes foreign newspapers.
+Quote Post
powercorrupts
post Wed 20th April 2011, 1:45pm
Post #56

Member No.: 6,776

QUOTE(Detective @ Wed 20th April 2011, 12:54pm) *

QUOTE(SirFozzie @ Tue 19th April 2011, 10:58pm) *

Never mind, Fozzie. You can be the person with the oddest spelling errors. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(-DS- @ Tue 19th April 2011, 5:58pm) *

Jimbo says he'll "recommend to the Committee that Rodhullandemu be allowed back provisionally" "upon presentation to him of real-world evidence that professional/medical help has been sought and followed for six months, and upon the recommendation of those professionals".

That's no good; it clearly violates WP:V. We need a statement in a Reliable Source, which of course excludes foreign newspapers.

Perhaps they are finally realising that it is time to take adminship seriously, as in Real World seriously. It's more than just a 'mop and a bucket' when someone puts the bucket on their head and waves around the mop handle-outwards at people, occasionally actually charging. Maybe they will start thinking about making their Admin Army less of a privileged award to all pathologically-loyal and suitably courruptable volunteers, and perhaps something more like a optional stint of National Service to people who are really into building a fair and honest encyclopedia. And of course pigs will fly - no change is always the 'wisest' route at Wikipedia.

This post has been edited by powercorrupts: Wed 20th April 2011, 1:53pm
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Wed 20th April 2011, 5:55pm
Post #57

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Wed 20th April 2011, 9:45am) *

Perhaps they are finally realising that it is time to take adminship seriously, as in Real World seriously. It's more than just a 'mop and a bucket' when someone puts the bucket on their head and waves around the mop handle-outwards at people, occasionally actually charging. Maybe they will start thinking about making their Admin Army less of a privileged award to all pathologically-loyal and suitably courruptable volunteers, and perhaps something more like a optional stint of National Service to people who are really into building a fair and honest encyclopedia. And of course pigs will fly - no change is always the 'wisest' route at Wikipedia.

The answer to Wikipedia’s dilemma is simple: put good-looking people in charge.

I think the Wikipedia mob community is moving in the right direction: In the last Arbcom election, the new arbitrators included the blonde muscular Viking Xeno, the swashbuckling Royal Navy officer Chase Me, and the shapely pasties-shaking sexpot Shell Kinney. After years of flab and drab on Arbcom, people can now look at that committee with unapologetic carnal pleasure.

Granted, the emphasis on exterior appearance over basic competence may not actually solve the problem. But at least the view to the wreckage is much more entertaining…especially during warmer weather, when people wear much less clothing. evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif
+Quote Post
powercorrupts
post Wed 20th April 2011, 10:54pm
Post #58

Member No.: 6,776

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 20th April 2011, 6:55pm) *

QUOTE(powercorrupts @ Wed 20th April 2011, 9:45am) *

I think the Wikipedia mob community is moving in the right direction: In the last Arbcom election, the new arbitrators included the blonde muscular Viking Xeno, the swashbuckling Royal Navy officer Chase Me, and the shapely pasties-shaking sexpot Shell Kinney. After years of flab and drab on Arbcom, people can now look at that committee with unapologetic carnal pleasure.

Granted, the emphasis on exterior appearance over basic competence may not actually solve the problem. But at least the view to the wreckage is much more entertaining…especially during warmer weather, when people wear much less clothing. evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif evilgrin.gif

The competence could hardly be worse. Perhaps they should solicit the support of the rubber-faced Bomis Babes.

Jimbo with his right and left-hand support.

+Quote Post
melloden
post Thu 21st April 2011, 3:47am
Post #59

Member No.: 34,482

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 20th April 2011, 5:55pm) *

Hmm ... RyRy and Ryan Postlethwaite come to mind, as does Phaedriel.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name
post Thu 21st April 2011, 12:00pm
Post #60

QUOTE(melloden @ Wed 20th April 2011, 11:47pm) *

Hmm ... RyRy and Ryan Postlethwaite come to mind, as does Phaedriel.

Postlethwaite's girlfriend was a real hot chili mama. Is she on Wikipedia? And are there any new photos of her online? smile.gif
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th 12 17, 5:12am