FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Modus Dolens -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Modus Dolens, Way To Pain❢
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

There's a mode of inference that has become so popular in certain quarters that I decided it was time to fashion a suitable name for it. It goes a bit like this:

If A, then B.

Not B.

──────────────────

But A simply has to be !!!

I know some scholars will quibble that it should be called “modus dolendo dolens” or something, but let's not be petty.

Jon Awbrey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 2nd March 2011, 8:01am) *

I know some scholars will quibble that it should be called “modus dolendo dolens” or something, but let's not be petty.

Jon Awbrey

No. It was Mickey Dolenz (born Modus Dolendo Dolens, Jr., March 8, 1945), who was petty. Or at least, small. Some {{citation needed}} suggested that Modus should have retained his original first name, which was hip, but he said famously that he wanted to monkey with this first name, nobody should criticize. His bandmates agreed, saying that they were were too busy singing to put anybody down.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Thu 3rd March 2011, 11:31am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 2nd March 2011, 8:01am) *

No. It was Mickey Dolenz (born Modus Dolendo Dolens, Jr., March 8, 1945), who was petty. Or at least, small. Some {{citation needed}} suggested that Modus should have retained his original first name, which was hip, but he said famously that he wanted to monkey with this first name, nobody should criticize. His bandmates agreed, saying that they were were too busy singing to put anybody down.

I knew that someone else here would be Ancient Of Daze Enuff to abdeuce the Monkees as their first e-lusion, and I'm trying to get back to the task of x-planation, but I've just been e-lected Speaker for the Moral And/Or Silent Mojority, and I'm busy preparing my moral and/or silent address to the House of Pearls Before Swine (PBS).

Jon (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)