FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Connolley Climate Tzar at Wiki -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Connolley Climate Tzar at Wiki
andrewedwardjudd2

Neophyte

Group: Contributors

I am the Wiki user andrewedwardjudd referred to in the following link

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.ph...d=1#post3846097

I had some problems registering as andrewedwardjudd so had another go as andrewedwardjudd2
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9,708

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Mon 2nd April 2012, 12:47pm) *

I've been reading about your case in various other venues. Your weak point was not availing yourself of some of the "rules" of Wikipedia "conduct" before engaging. Another was thinking that Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia, rather than the twisted Facebook/social-networking forum that it really is. Therefore, you were manipulated into losing your cool and then you were banned. And so was your wife, as those Monty Python people would (probably) say. Dear oh dear. And now you seem to be just another notch in Mr. C's belt, or knife, or whatever it is he puts notches in when he wins a Wikibattle with someone. So what's your strategy going to be now? You're not going to let him get away with that, are you?

+Quote Post
andrewedwardjudd2

Neophyte

QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Mon 2nd April 2012, 11:21pm) *

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Mon 2nd April 2012, 12:47pm) *

I've been reading about your case in various other venues. Your weak point was not availing yourself of some of the "rules" of Wikipedia "conduct" before engaging. Another was thinking that Wikipedia is an encyclopaedia, rather than the twisted Facebook/social-networking forum that it really is. Therefore, you were manipulated into losing your cool and then you were banned. And so was your wife, as those Monty Python people would (probably) say. Dear oh dear. And now you seem to be just another notch in Mr. C's belt, or knife, or whatever it is he puts notches in when he wins a Wikibattle with someone. So what's your strategy going to be now? You're not going to let him get away with that, are you?

The aim at the moment is to get sufficient critical mass that Connolley learns that being such a disgusting individual is not going to result in personal happiness for him.
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 7:12pm) *
The aim at the moment is to get sufficient critical mass that Connolley learns that being such a disgusting individual is not going to result in personal happiness for him.

Good luck with that, but it'll be an uphill struggle. I get the feeling that the man Connolley is perfectly happy in his disgusting individual-ness. He's obviously much more knowledgable about the arcane mysteries of Wikipedia than your good self and it's going to need a lot more than ineffectual legal threats to unseat him from the Global Warmongering throne he currently inhabits. I'm not getting at you; I'm just saying.

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 7:34pm) *
Terrorists are taking over Science and unless Science fights back then terrorism is going to win.

My. The terrorists - who see themselves as freedom-fighters - have won, mate, as Somey said. You can't fight them with reason in this, as it's all really a battle involving lots of "so what?" kind of meaningless-to-the-layman points. I'm sorry, but it is. Your only way forward is to get medieval on his (and his pals) backsides, dammit. Become like they are. Only better.
+Quote Post
andrewedwardjudd2

Neophyte

QUOTE(Bottled_Spider @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 10:20pm) *

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 7:12pm) *

Good luck with that, but it'll be an uphill struggle. I get the feeling that the man Connolley is perfectly happy in his disgusting individual-ness. He's obviously much more knowledgable about the arcane mysteries of Wikipedia than your good self and it's going to need a lot more than ineffectual legal threats to unseat him from the Global Warmongering throne he currently inhabits. I'm not getting at you; I'm just saying.

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 7:34pm) *
Terrorists are taking over Science and unless Science fights back then terrorism is going to win.

My. The terrorists - who see themselves as freedom-fighters - have won, mate, as Somey said. You can't fight them with reason in this, as it's all really a battle involving lots of "so what?" kind of meaningless-to-the-layman points. I'm sorry, but it is. Your only way forward is to get medieval on his (and his pals) backsides, dammit. Become like they are. Only better.

I dont need to operate at their level.

For example I phoned up an esteemed reference writer and he agreed i was totally correct. If necessary I can phone up every prominant climate scientist on the planet and find out if they support the looney position or they support the scientific view.

Climate scientist James Annan and Climate scientist Joshua Halpern have already indicated they are in the looney camp. These two are part of the Connelley gang

Professional and personal ridicule can be an effective tool for such a simple thing as what I got involved in. No credible sane scientist is going to support the idea that the cold atmosphere is warming the hotter surface against the overwhelming proclamation from the mass of truely expert scientists who declare there is no basis for such a silly and misleading idea.

Interestingly James Annan is quite prepared to shoot his mouth off about the Japanese who employ him and you would have to think that could be a career limiting move if accompanied with a bit of scandal that he was involved in ensuring a one sided view of reality was displayed on wiki and elsewhere. Particularly at a time of widespread government cut backs of things that are considered to be unessential. Why employ a foreigner who is an obvious liability to the Japanese government in a culture that is not that keen on foreigners to begin with? :-)

To my way of thinking these people are so stupid they can only play into my hands sooner or later.

This post has been edited by andrewedwardjudd2:
+Quote Post
Bottled_Spider

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(andrewedwardjudd2 @ Tue 3rd April 2012, 8:50pm) *
I dont need to operate at their level.

A very noble thing to say. Clearly, you are a god among insects. However, when you say things like......

Professional and personal ridicule can be an effective tool for such a simple thing as what I got involved in.

To my way of thinking these people are so stupid they can only play into my hands sooner or later.

...... Then you're beginning to sound awfully like you're operating at their level. Which is a good thing. Yes, I know, it sounds like it's a terrible thing to say, but this is Wikipedia we're talking about. Think moderated newsgroup, heavily-policed web-forum/game server, or Dungeons 'n' Dragons. It's not an encyclopaedia or anything like that. You've got to be willing to get your hands dirty, Andy. But when you fixate on stuff like this......

For example I phoned up an esteemed reference writer and he agreed i was totally correct. If necessary I can phone up every prominant climate scientist on the planet and find out if they support the looney position or they support the scientific view.

Climate scientist James Annan and Climate scientist Joshua Halpern have already indicated they are in the looney camp. These two are part of the Connelley gang

No credible sane scientist is going to support the idea that the cold atmosphere is warming the hotter surface against the overwhelming proclamation from the mass of truely expert scientists who declare there is no basis for such a silly and misleading idea.

Interestingly James Annan is quite prepared to shoot his mouth off about the Japanese who employ him and you would have to think that could be a career limiting move if accompanied with a bit of scandal that he was involved in ensuring a one sided view of reality was displayed on wiki and elsewhere. Particularly at a time of widespread government cut backs of things that are considered to be unessential. Why employ a foreigner who is an obvious liability to the Japanese government in a culture that is not that keen on foreigners to begin with? :-)

...... Then you start to sound like the kinda humourless guy who takes his opinions far too seriously and eventually gets banned from Wikipedia. Which you did. No offence.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)