FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
I Declare World Wiki War on Admin Anonymity -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Declare World Wiki War on Admin Anonymity, Enjoy my first Wikipedia User Identity List
Rating  1
FLIPSIDE

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 4,761

I have been to many Wikipedia review sites now, and am less than enthused with the endless ball-lessness and lukewarm debate over the ethics over ending Wikipedia Administrative Anonymity. Out of respect for the rules of Wikipedia Review, I am not posting the names here, but I will give you the link to my first dedicated Information Bomb against Wikipedia. It is now my official mission to ruin Anonymity on Wikipedia. If anyone has anything useful to contribute, consider yourselves invited to contact me. I am currently only impressed by the work of Daniel Brandt and Judd Bagley, and observe that the various forums "critical" of Wikipedia are excessively staffed by Wikipedia Admins, as evidenced by their blistering wails (Wales?) whenever solid information comes out.

To whatever end, I now offer you the new WIKIPEDIA USER DATABASE at Haters Magazine

http://www.contextflexed.com/storywikipediaexposed.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

Group: Regulars

QUOTE(FLIPSIDE @ Tue 1st April 2008, 5:03pm) *

Interesting but FT2 is certainly not Ian Limbach. Limbach is based in Europe, FT2 is not. FT2 is full-time NLP trainer and not journalist.
+Quote Post
dogbiscuit

Could you run through Verifiability not Truth once more?

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 1st April 2008, 5:47pm) *

Interesting but FT2 is certainly not Ian Limbach. Limbach is based in Europe, FT2 is not. FT2 is full-time NLP trainer and not journalist.

I was a little surprised to see TheKosher outed there too. Shocking revelation indeed.
+Quote Post
FLIPSIDE

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Tue 1st April 2008, 11:47am) *

Thanks! I will modify the known to be less accurate portion list to be more accurate based on these types of notices.
+Quote Post
BobbyBombastic

gabba gabba hey

Member No.: 1,223

Comment about this line:

^demon / Danny = Danny Wool (FL) dannyisme@gmail.com http://veropedia.com St.Petersburg, Florida, USA

I'm not sure what you are trying to say there, but ^demon is not Danny Wool. ^demon does not hide his real name, to my knowledge.

My initial thought is that this list is overkill. How long did this take from the start until now?
+Quote Post
Alex

Back from the dead

QUOTE(FLIPSIDE @ Tue 1st April 2008, 4:03pm) *

I have been to many Wikipedia review sites now, and am less than enthused with the endless ball-lessness and lukewarm debate over the ethics over ending Wikipedia Administrative Anonymity. Out of respect for the rules of Wikipedia Review, I am not posting the names here, but I will give you the link to my first dedicated Information Bomb against Wikipedia. It is now my official mission to ruin Anonymity on Wikipedia. If anyone has anything useful to contribute, consider yourselves invited to contact me. I am currently only impressed by the work of Daniel Brandt and Judd Bagley, and observe that the various forums "critical" of Wikipedia are excessively staffed by Wikipedia Admins, as evidenced by their blistering wails (Wales?) whenever solid information comes out.

To whatever end, I now offer you the new WIKIPEDIA USER DATABASE at Haters Magazine

I'm not actually a vandal proof admin by the way (this is Majorly), you may like to fix that.
+Quote Post
FLIPSIDE

QUOTE(Alex @ Tue 1st April 2008, 12:16pm) *

QUOTE(FLIPSIDE @ Tue 1st April 2008, 4:03pm) *

I'm not actually a vandal proof admin by the way (this is Majorly), you may like to fix that.

Yes. I will fix all small tweaks like that after a brief feedback collection period, and recheck any glaring misattributions.
+Quote Post
LessHorrid vanU

Devils Advocaat

Sometimes - and this actually a serious point, with regard to some peoples possible desire to be (sort of) recognised - I wish I were a little more furtive about my identity, just so I could be put up on these lists as a "person of mystery". However, I can't be arsed.

Hey, Flipside, if Wikipedia "relative estrangement from the facts" bothers you - don't ever subscribe to one of those dating sites. You might explode.
+Quote Post
FLIPSIDE

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Tue 1st April 2008, 4:23pm) *

Sometimes - and this actually a serious point, with regard to some peoples possible desire to be (sort of) recognised - I wish I were a little more furtive about my identity, just so I could be put up on these lists as a "person of mystery". However, I can't be arsed.

Hey, Flipside, if Wikipedia "relative estrangement from the facts" bothers you - don't ever subscribe to one of those dating sites. You might explode.

LOL (Can I say that?)
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

QUOTE(LessHorrid vanU @ Tue 1st April 2008, 10:23pm) *

Lol! I don't think I'd really like to be outed. It happened to me on another site, just because a family friend fell out with me and started broadcasting my name everywhere. She'd done so a bit anyway just because she was quite a newbie to the internets and so not as cautious.

Lol! How about 'friends reunited' or whatever similar sites? I've known quite a few people embroider their lives so they sound more impressive than they really are, on there.
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(FLIPSIDE @ Tue 1st April 2008, 9:03am) *

Tsk. You didn't spell my name right. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif) And the bit, "helped kill Amorrow's account then Fake Retired" is completely bogus given, 1) Amorrow was banned before I was even sysop and 2) I never "fake retired" as I'd remained editing (and quite enjoying it) when I handed up my sysop and c/u bits. I'd intended to stay gone but got Hiveminded anyways (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/rolleyes.gif)

Oh and the me 'n' Foz cabal? lol! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
UseOnceAndDestroy

Ãœber Member

Group: Moderators

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 1st April 2008, 11:05pm) *
I never "fake retired" as I'd remained editing (and quite enjoying it) when I handed up my sysop and c/u bits. I'd intended to stay gone but got Hiveminded anyways

You fake retired as a response to being put on Hivemind - rather than coming back after being "Hiveminded anyways", as the above suggests.

+Quote Post
bluevictim

Anonymous Pro-fake-or of Theology

Group: You Don't Want to Know
Member No.: 5,264

QUOTE(UseOnceAndDestroy @ Tue 1st April 2008, 3:13pm) *

I never "fake retired" as I'd remained editing (and quite enjoying it) when I handed up my sysop and c/u bits. I'd intended to stay gone but got Hiveminded anyways

You fake retired as a response to being put on Hivemind - rather than coming back after being "Hiveminded anyways", as the above suggests.

She didn't retire, she resigned her sysop and checkuser powers, and still remained an editor. Guy Chapman fake retired I think twice, then he came back both times to be an asshole and go off in insane rants about trolls and such.

This post has been edited by bluevictim:
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(UseOnceAndDestroy @ Tue 1st April 2008, 3:13pm) *

Check the timeline. Brandt made the threat re. Fozzie. I went to meta and handed up the bits. I was later requested to complete 1 c/u request, as I'd most experience on the matter. Once the bit was reset, Mr. Brandt read the act as duplicity whereupon he did the Hivemind thing anyway. At that point, cats were out of bags and bets were off, etc, etc. Now that info is being used far and wide by a number of people, one of whom (one Andrew William Morrow) has even gone to the trouble of personally thanking Mr. Brandt for his actions.

And on it goes ... I'm still here, both on WR and WP. Go figure (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Alison:
+Quote Post
wikiwhistle

Postmaster

You implied you were leaving wikipedia (I think you said 'come on guys, let me go!' or something) in response to brandt's threat to put you up there. Not that I blame you necessarily (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Then you said on here you were only back/stiill there for short-term, specific tasks.

I hope you don't leave anyway. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

And you and Foz- you can't deny you seem to have a close friendship here. It's not like saying the 'alison and brandt cabal' or something (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison

Skinny Cow!

QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 1st April 2008, 3:56pm) *

You implied you were leaving wikipedia (I think you said 'come on guys, let me go!' or something) in response to brandt's threat to put you up there. Not that I blame you necessarily (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Well, I went back to being an avid editor again in the while I was de-opped. Started going over pharma/med articles and the Irish Maritime project stuff. Twas fun (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) Someone said at the time, Oh wait, I thought you were leaving for good, LOL. Never mind.

Then you said on here you were only back/stiill there for short-term, specific tasks.

I hope you don't leave anyway. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Thanks! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) The "back for the specific task" concerned one final c/u job (relating to Amorrow. Surprise!) and this caused the confusion. It was only ever meant to be back on for minutes but ended up being on overnight because of time differences and stuff (right, Lar?).

And you and Foz- you can't deny you seem to have a close friendship here. It's not like saying the 'alison and brandt cabal' or something (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)

Yeah, we're good pals (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) That's true ....
+Quote Post
FLIPSIDE

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 1st April 2008, 5:05pm) *

Tsk. You didn't spell my name right.

Sorry about spelling your name wrong. Must be my kindergarten girlfriend giving me flashbacks. I'll fix that.

(video montage)

All fixed.

I can haz job at Apple Computers?

This post has been edited by FLIPSIDE:
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(Alison @ Tue 1st April 2008, 7:06pm) *

Thanks! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif) The "back for the specific task" concerned one final c/u job (relating to Amorrow. Surprise!) and this caused the confusion. It was only ever meant to be back on for minutes but ended up being on overnight because of time differences and stuff (right, Lar?).

Right. Or you were ignoring me as per usual, I forget. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
michael

That was horrible.

If you're going to out users, make it classy, like Brandt. Make a table, at least.
+Quote Post
Somey

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(michael @ Tue 1st April 2008, 7:51pm) *
If you're going to out users, make it classy, like Brandt. Make a table, at least.

And photos! We've got to have photos! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/huh.gif)

I'm sorry if some of us are "ball-less," but aside from the fact that we actually do have a few members who are women, some of us have just concluded that this sort of action is no good unless you have clear moral justification for it. Personally, I think you have to be a BLP victim to reach that level of justification... And as has been pointed out above, the potential risk of a false positive is always there too.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)