The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Professional journalist is an anonymous admin
Rating  5
Joseph100
post Thu 22nd February 2007, 4:07pm
Post #101

Senior Member like Viridae

Group: On Vacation
Member No.: 871

QUOTE(Skyring @ Fri 26th May 2006, 10:00pm) *

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sat 27th May 2006, 6:26am) *
That's quite different from the culture that exists at Wikipedia. I'm not even going to talk about the teenage admins at Wikipedia, or loose cannons like SlimVirgin, because I get angry and start missing keys on the keyboard.

Oh, I agree entrely!

So many admins are on an ego trip. I see numerous examples where admin actions amount to just plain bullying. Bash a newbie over content, block them without warning, abuse them when they can't answer back. It's a vicious circle. Jimbo doesn't have to search his soul over semi-protection. The more tales there are from people trying to correct mistakes in WP who get kicked in the face and then beaten up by a gang of thugs, the more people will come to realise that WP isn't an encyclopaedia anyone can edit.

Amen.... Wikipeida is a place where 2+2=5 and is the cyber simulation of Orwell's world, being played out and demonstating the true evil of it.

JIMBO is does not give a damm about any one who is hurt by his Animal farm were the pigs are more equal or were turth is destorted with lies and revisionist history by the ignorat basement dwelling "wikifildlers"

Wikipeida is just the haunt of basement bound, psycho's with delusions of Napoleon and small, enzyt challenged heads who have far to much time and little in the way of life.

Would you trust information from this type of idjit?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mr.Treason II
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 7:47am
Post #102

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 58,445

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

I have a new way to solve this problem. This involves trying to wring Katefan0 from both wikimedia and Congress, therby nullifying the Wiki-threat posed by her. Then we welcome her onto the WR fold. Ofcourse this is flawless as shown by:

To Daniel Brandt, I'm not sure what I did to offend you, but I wish you'd at least tried to speak with me about whatever it is. So, I'm hanging up my hat, and I'm asking Daniel et al to please, sincerely, just leave me be. Thanks again to all.

I can replace the whole brandt party and run a antiwikimedia racket.
+Quote Post
Mr.Treason II
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 7:56am
Post #103

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(amorrow @ Fri 26th May 2006, 11:25pm) *

I will simply refer to the User:Husnock affair:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Hus...ation.2C_please

:::::Wikipedia isn't a free speech zone, and someone's right to post here ends at the point at which they place another editor in real-life danger of being threatened or harrassed. Not to mention the fact that since he's an indefinitely banned user, his posts and edits are to be reverted, everywhere and anywhere. Indefinitely banned users are no longer welcome on Wikipedia in any shape or form (Roitr included), but harrassers are especially unwelcome. Also, what non-admins are you talking about? Will Beback, FeloniousMonk, myself, SlimVigin and Musical Linguist are '''all''' admins. Katefan0 13:21, 18 May 2006 (UTC)

And so, Katefan0, or may I call you "Kathy"? What you doing was supressing the memory my father, William Knight Morrow, a vetran of the United States Navy. The Unites States is a free speech zone and you and I are going to have a face-to-face meeting to confirm that we both agree about that. You options are staightforward:

1. We have that meeting, you bring your face really close to mine and you tell me while staring straight in my eye that you were doing the right thing in trying to further obliterate the memory of my father.
2. You get a pre-emptive restraining order against me and get it served to me properly.
3. Pray to God that I am part of one of Bradford Patrick's "bus strories".

You can contact me at amorrow@earthlink.net for all the information you might ever need about getting that restraining order filled out.

I noticed that they are all wishing you "Good luck" on your talk page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Katefan0

Now that the curtain has been drawn aside, that silly "Wikipedia" web site seems like silly, little electronic whisperings, does it not?

I, here and now, wish you, a fellow U.S citizen: "Good luck, my dear!" Welcome back to the land of the free and home of the brave. I will endevour to ensure that I do not leave freedom ringing in your ears so loudly as to harm either of the choclea that God gave you. I might also send the message to you a little less loudly if I can be assured that you have properly apologized to Lieutenant.

I want to point out to you one last thing about

Occupation: Military Records Historian, National Personnel Records Center

You see? My fellow Catholic, the Lieutenant, was able to confirm that the message to him about my father was true. And now he is putting his life on the line for you and me.

As others have learned, I work slowly, ploddingly. I do not break the law (well, not recently). I just go for maximum penetration (again, à la Mr. Patrick) into the mind of others and, once in, do as I see fit to ensure that they get the message I have for them.

Life is long. Good luck, my dear. And do not forget about that apology.

BTW: Based on your DAYLO profile and the fact that I need some documents typed: Does that mean that you are my woman now?

Oh, and I see that you charge reasonable rates. Good.

This is a example of failing to recognize Katefan0's willingness to join Wikipedia Review and her willingness to join the Mr.Treason Gang. See, I am a professonial troll and vandal with about 20 socks and a number of IPs used to troll and make legal threats to 'sticky' cabal admins.

See this general quote:

To Daniel Brandt, I'm not sure what I did to offend you, but I wish you'd at least tried to speak with me about whatever it is. So, I'm hanging up my hat, and I'm asking Daniel et al to please, sincerely, just leave me be. Thanks again to all.

Now all thats needed is to allow her onto WR fold. Id like to see ya point of view, Katefan0.
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 3:45pm
Post #104

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 911

I don't like The Joy's avatar being used here.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 5:02pm
Post #105

Known alias of J. Random Troll

Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Mr.Treason II @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 12:47am) *

I have a new way to solve this problem. This involves trying to wring Katefan0 from both wikimedia and Congress, therby nullifying the Wiki-threat posed by her. Then we welcome her onto the WR fold. Ofcourse this is flawless as shown by:

I can replace the whole brandt party and run a antiwikimedia racket.

NECROTHREAD

Even worse, a necrothread being revived (or at least CPR being done on a skeleton) by Amarrow.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 5:07pm
Post #106

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 8:45am) *

Do you like Amarrow here?
+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Sat 2nd July 2011, 8:56pm
Post #107

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 8:45am) *

Nor his mother.

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 10:07am) *
Do you like Amarrow here?

Is that anything like bone marrow? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Mr.Treason II
post Sun 3rd July 2011, 9:03am
Post #108

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Fri 26th May 2006, 6:43am) *

All anonymous admins are fair game. An anonymous admin who admits to being a professional journalist is particularly interesting, because journalists have standards that have evolved over many decades.

I guess it's a philosophical difference. No, more than that, it's a historical difference. I do not believe that the Internet is so wonderful that all the old rules should be thrown out.

I have answers to this problem.
First we try to apologise to her, then make conditions that state:

- Agreement to apology means trolling/vandalizing/Edit warring.
- Agreement is terminated if Katefan0 returns to Wiki Cabal. (Exception if Katefan0 manipulates the cabal into following our ideas. Jimbo is non-manipulateable)
- Mr. Treason (me) has emergency power to terminate agreement or Brandt can terminate agreement when needed.

Also you amass a former admin writable to your purpouses. Try it, it's amazing how much trolling Katefan0 can do withher admin power! MABYE ELEVATE HER TO BUREAUCRAT STATUS! With 80 sockpuppets.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sun 3rd July 2011, 3:04pm
Post #109

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Mr.Treason II @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 2:03am) *

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Fri 26th May 2006, 6:43am) *

All anonymous admins are fair game. An anonymous admin who admits to being a professional journalist is particularly interesting, because journalists have standards that have evolved over many decades.

I guess it's a philosophical difference. No, more than that, it's a historical difference. I do not believe that the Internet is so wonderful that all the old rules should be thrown out.

I have answers to this problem.
First we try to apologise to her, then make conditions that state:

- Agreement to apology means trolling/vandalizing/Edit warring.
- Agreement is terminated if Katefan0 returns to Wiki Cabal. (Exception if Katefan0 manipulates the cabal into following our ideas. Jimbo is non-manipulateable)
- Mr. Treason (me) has emergency power to terminate agreement or Brandt can terminate agreement when needed.

Also you amass a former admin writable to your purpouses. Try it, it's amazing how much trolling Katefan0 can do withher admin power! MABYE ELEVATE HER TO BUREAUCRAT STATUS! With 80 sockpuppets.

Blissy?
+Quote Post
MZMcBride
post Sun 3rd July 2011, 6:25pm
Post #110

Über Member

Member No.: 10,962

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 2nd July 2011, 11:45am) *
Hah, my thought exactly.
+Quote Post
The Adversary
post Sun 3rd July 2011, 6:51pm
Post #111

CT (Check Troll)

Member No.: 194

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Sun 3rd July 2011, 3:04pm) *
Blissy?

More likely, this joker (or some copy-cat?)

(...who, btw, started an article on Nitrobenzoic acid (T-H-L-K-D) wtf.gif )
+Quote Post
The Joy
post Mon 4th July 2011, 4:25am
Post #112

I am a millipede! I am amazing!

Group: Members
Member No.: 982

Eh? Wiki-Death Star equals Necrothread? unsure.gif

My mother hates, hates Wikipedia. She told me it can be written by anyone, so why should people take it so seriously? She once threatened to get on it and write gibberish out of anger at its lies!* I thought she would actually do it (she wanted to use my computer for the deed) and I feared my account would be blocked and my occasional forays into injecting common sense and wisdom would come to naught! Then crazed Equus-loving administrators would stalk me from WMF project to project trying to get me globally banned and send me angry, threatening e-mails! At that time, I thought injecting common sense and wisdom might actually work. but it didn't work as everyone knows.

As for my avatar, it was the only Star Wars-related avatar available, so it is really Somey's fault for not having a more diverse Wikipedia-SW avatar collection. wink.gif

I've been looking at pictures of Soviet military parades and seeing if I could Photoshop Jimbo et al. in there in place of Stalin and his entourage. I might change my avatar if I find a good one to modify. Sadly, no luck so far.

I don't know who Mr. Treason II is, but if he is Mr. Amorrow, would he kindly drive to SeaWorld San Diego and throw himself into the piranha tank? Seriously, a good many people would come and see that. Yes, I know it would be a very long drive, but I can't find an aquarium near Los Angeles that has a piranha tank.

If Mr. T is not Amorrow, he is five years too late to do anything about Katefan0. She's probably moved on in life and living the life of a well-established reporter in Washington D.C. Bringing up this topic again really does her no favors.

* And no. Joseph100/VictimofCensorship is not my mother. She hates G.W. Bush even more than Wikipedia. fear.gif
+Quote Post
Alison
post Mon 4th July 2011, 5:54am
Post #113

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

Well, I can assure you he's not Mr. Amorrow, as he's in San Jose Main Jail as of last Wednesday.

http://eservices.sccgov.org/ovr/find_inmate.do

(punch in 'DIK682' in the PFN field. Thats his Person File Number - he's got it tattooed on his chest & loves to show it off yak.gif )
+Quote Post
Sololol
post Mon 4th July 2011, 2:56pm
Post #114

Bell the Cat

Member No.: 50,538

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Bail Amount: 100000.00

applause.gif Sounds serious.
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Mon 4th July 2011, 3:01pm
Post #115

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Sololol @ Mon 4th July 2011, 10:56am) *

Needs more zeros, tbh. ermm.gif
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Mon 4th July 2011, 3:14pm
Post #116

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,544

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Mon 4th July 2011, 3:01pm) *

QUOTE(Sololol @ Mon 4th July 2011, 10:56am) *

Needs more zeros, tbh. ermm.gif

I hope they're saving the zeros to tack on to the end of his next sentence.
+Quote Post
Mr.Treason II
post Fri 8th July 2011, 7:41am
Post #117

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Mon 29th May 2006, 7:09pm) *

Daniel Brandt has apologised for the matter.

Please cite a source. I didn't apologize, and I don't feel apologetic. I will be more circumspect in the future, and only link from this board to real names on hivemind, if that's what is necessary to keep me from getting banned from this board. However, if you start telling me that I cannot even link to real names, then I'll spend a lot less time here and a lot more time tending my garden at hivemind.

Try to get Katefan0 to apologise to you, then allow the Mr. Treason Foundation to completely submerge and eliminate Wikipedia from her mind. We've got some pretty good people on our roll, so we can sway Katefan0 to our side. If she integrates Hivemind into every article that she publishes, then we can tend the hivemind garden more easily.
+Quote Post
Somey
post Fri 8th July 2011, 9:20am
Post #118

Can't actually moderate (or even post)

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 275

QUOTE(Mr.Treason II @ Fri 8th July 2011, 2:41am) *
Try to get Katefan0 to apologise to you, then allow the Mr. Treason Foundation to completely submerge and eliminate Wikipedia from her mind. We've got some pretty good people on our roll, so we can sway Katefan0 to our side. If she integrates Hivemind into every article that she publishes, then we can tend the hivemind garden more easily.

Mr. Treason, is there any way we could get you to explain your rationale for dredging up this thread, and for invoking the username of Katefan0 in such a fashion? I'm not going to go so far as to accuse you of being deliberately incoherent, but obviously others are not likely to be quite so charitable.

As for your avatar, someone who resurrects 5-year-old threads and turns them into zombies ravaging the site in the hopes of finding brains to eat would be better served with one of these, maybe:

Image Image Image
+Quote Post
-DS-
post Sat 9th July 2011, 8:12pm
Post #119

Ethernaut

Member No.: 39,458

Can someone tell me why we are even bothering with this kid?
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th 10 17, 10:17pm