FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Odd Nature has been personally attacked! -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

> Help

This forum is for discussing specific Wikipedia editors, editing patterns, and general efforts by those editors to influence or direct content in ways that might not be in keeping with Wikipedia policy. Please source your claims and provide links where appropriate. For a glossary of terms frequently used when discussing Wikipedia and related projects, please refer to Wikipedia:Glossary.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Odd Nature has been personally attacked!
Rating  1
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Group: Regulars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wik...#User:Dragon695

Of course, Orangemarlin and Filll show up to defend. And Kelly arrives to take Dragon695's side. It's just the same faces everywhere. I would chime in, but it's just not worth it. Filll can misuse any link to attempt to paint the picture he wants, but I'm not sure there's much defense for

Ah! I see Odd Nature has shown up to solicit a round from the ID boo-hoo brigade, well I stand by my statement. You and the rest of those WP:TE members of the ID Cabal will either change your attitude or face the music, so don't think the whole OrangeClownFish affair gets you off the hook. My comments pale in comparison to how rude, loutish, and completely out of control some of the things you guys do to newbies and unrelated editors who show up at pages your "Wikiproject" WP:OWNs. The so-called scientists who claim to defend science are actually hurting those of us who really care about science. Real scientists are gentlemen and scholars, not oafs and louts. If anyone wants diffs, the Intelligent Design RFC is chock full of them. --Dragon695 (talk) 18:03, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Although, Filll and Orangemarlin are really the last people who should be chiming in dismayed at incivility. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) And I don't think they caught the Finding Nemo reference.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 3,670

Odd nature sez...

QUOTE(Odd nature)
Don't label or personally attack people or their edits. Accusing anyone of being tendentious is a personal attack which violates WP:EQ and WP:CIVIL. Accusing anyone of being part of a tendentious cabal compounds the insult. Look at my comment Dragon695 attacked me for. Really, sort of incivility needs to stop. Odd nature (talk) 17:53, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Take a look at the RfC which Filll and his allies lodged against me last September. Here is just one of three places where they label me "tendentious"...

QUOTE(RfC/Moulton as filed by Filll and his affilliates)
Evidence of trying and failing to resolve the dispute

Moulton was repeatedly counselled to calm down and not engage in edit warring and tendentious editing.

And of course, it was Filll, Dave Souza, and FeloniousMonk (among others) who certified that section and OrangeMarlin and Odd nature (among others) who endorsed it.

Is Odd nature now admitting that the RfC the ID Cabal filed against me last September was uncivil?
+Quote Post
Sxeptomaniac

Member No.: 3,542

QUOTE(Moulton @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 1:21pm) *

Odd nature sez...

QUOTE(Odd nature)
Don't label or personally attack people or their edits. Accusing anyone of being tendentious is a personal attack which violates WP:EQ and WP:CIVIL. Accusing anyone of being part of a tendentious cabal compounds the insult. Look at my comment Dragon695 attacked me for. Really, sort of incivility needs to stop. Odd nature (talk) 17:53, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Take a look at the RfC which Filll and his allies lodged against me last September. Here is just one of three places where they label me "tendentious"...

QUOTE(RfC/Moulton as filed by Filll and his affilliates)
Evidence of trying and failing to resolve the dispute

Moulton was repeatedly counselled to calm down and not engage in edit warring and tendentious editing.

And of course, it was Filll, Dave Souza, and FeloniousMonk (among others) who certified that section and OrangeMarlin and Odd nature (among others) who endorsed it.

Is Odd nature now admitting that the RfC the ID Cabal filed against me last September was uncivil?

Of course not. You should know enough about those editors by now to realize that their definition of "personal attack" only works in one direction.
+Quote Post
prospero

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 3:11pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wik...#User:Dragon695

Of course, Orangemarlin and Filll show up to defend. And Kelly arrives to take Dragon695's side. It's just the same faces everywhere. I would chime in, but it's just not worth it. Filll can misuse any link to attempt to paint the picture he wants, but I'm not sure there's much defense for

Ah! I see Odd Nature has shown up to solicit a round from the ID boo-hoo brigade, well I stand by my statement. You and the rest of those WP:TE members of the ID Cabal will either change your attitude or face the music, so don't think the whole OrangeClownFish affair gets you off the hook. My comments pale in comparison to how rude, loutish, and completely out of control some of the things you guys do to newbies and unrelated editors who show up at pages your "Wikiproject" WP:OWNs. The so-called scientists who claim to defend science are actually hurting those of us who really care about science. Real scientists are gentlemen and scholars, not oafs and louts. If anyone wants diffs, the Intelligent Design RFC is chock full of them. --Dragon695 (talk) 18:03, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Although, Filll and Orangemarlin are really the last people who should be chiming in dismayed at incivility. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif) And I don't think they caught the Finding Nemo reference.

Yes, sorry about that, but I guess the "outrage" over OrangeClownFish's situation versus the non-outrage over Moulton's situation just got to me.

P.S. - Thanks LauraLove for that wonderful reference. I still get a chuckle every time I see OM's username and then think of that photo you posted. I know, that's terrible of me, but I can't help it, it's funny! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by prospero:
+Quote Post
Rootology

Fat Cat

...is it me or is it getting to the point with some people that any negative observation is a personal attack? Calling someone "tendentious" is an attack now? At this rate warning someone to back down because they're approaching 3RR will be a personal attack by Christmas.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

QUOTE(prospero @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 4:44pm) *
I guess the "outrage" over OrangeClownFish's situation versus the non-outrage over Moulton's situation just got to me.

Given that the ID Cabal demonstrated the very practice they now take exception to, it seems to me they might not have carefully thought it through.
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

Group: Inactive

I'm sorry, but I find this whole thing unintentionally hilarious. In order to combat assertions that there is an ID Cabal, Odd nature makes a Wikiquette complaint that "there is no cabal". Then the other members of the "cabal" mysteriously show up in the same thread to engage in exactly the behavior that prompted the original cabal-accusation "attack".

It's as if they're blind to their own behavior, and their opponents are using a sort of Wikipedia aikido against them by provoking even more of the cabal-like behavior.
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(Rootology @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 8:46pm) *

...is it me or is it getting to the point with some people that any negative observation is a personal attack? Calling someone "tendentious" is an attack now?
It's been this way for quite some time. The only times one can say anything even remotely critical of another editor is when that editor is up for RfA or has already been put in the stocks at RfC or RfAr. Otherwise, any comment other than fully glowing is a heinous personal attack.
+Quote Post
prospero

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 4:49pm) *

I'm sorry, but I find this whole thing unintentionally hilarious. In order to combat assertions that there is an ID Cabal, Odd nature makes a Wikiquette complaint that "there is no cabal". Then the other members of the "cabal" mysteriously show up in the same thread to engage in exactly the behavior that prompted the original cabal-accusation "attack".

It's as if they're blind to their own behavior, and their opponents are using a sort of Wikipedia aikido against them by provoking even more of the cabal-like behavior.

Not surprisingly, I do too! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Although, Lar is probably right to scold me for some of my rather uncivilized remarks. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ph34r.gif)

+Quote Post
Ben

Seeing as Dragon695 used the name "OrangeClownfish," which appeared in a recent WR thread, he's probably one of the more flamboyant and drama-laden WR residents looking for a bit of sockpuppet action.
+Quote Post
Cobalt

I resent these personal attacks from Dragon695, and request an immediate retraction and apology. OrangeMarlin Talk• Contributions 19:06, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Everyone wants retractions and an apology. But if this person got it, would it be sincere?
+Quote Post
prospero

QUOTE(Ben @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 6:00pm) *

Seeing as Dragon695 used the name "OrangeClownfish," which appeared in a recent WR thread, he's probably one of the more flamboyant and drama-laden WR residents looking for a bit of sockpuppet action.

I thought it was funny and yes that is from the OM thread where LauraLove posted the Finding Nemo fish picture. Nothing wrong with nicknames.
QUOTE(Cobalt @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 6:14pm) *

I resent these personal attacks from Dragon695, and request an immediate retraction and apology. OrangeMarlin Talk• Contributions 19:06, 2 July 2008 (UTC)

Everyone wants retractions and an apology. But if this person got it, would it be sincere?

No, it wouldn't. I have no intention of "apologizing" for calling him OrangeClownFish, either.

+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Here is Odd nature last October, weighing in with the rest of the WikiClique on ID when Durova floated the possibility of unblocking a particularly reprehensible reprobate...

QUOTE(Odd nature recommends against unblocking Moulton)
Possible unblock of Moulton

I'm strongly opposed to un-banning Moulton. Not only is he a colossal time-waster pushing his personal POV on articles and their talk pages, he's been waging an anti-Wikipedia campagain at his blogs, and is outing the IPs of anyone who mentions his ban at Wikipedia. Not to mention his joining forces with Larry Fafarman, another banned anti-Wikipedia nutter, at his blog. Is this the sort of editor Wikipedia needs? No. A million times, no. Odd nature 18:25, 10 October 2007 (UTC)

Odd nature's reference to my blogs is amusing. Here he is, as Blogger Skip, giving me some grief at Moulton Lava...

QUOTE(Blogger Skip at Moulton Lava)
Blogger Skip said...

It comes as no surprise that for all his blathering about his own notions of standards while ignoring Wikipedia's, all Moulton accomplished was to be hoisted by his own petard. Moulton has been banned from Wikipedia.
5:13 PM

Blogger Moulton said...

Skip, I'd like to quote you on that.

May I attribute that quote to you and identify it as coming from an individual at Macy's San Francisco Operations Center, posting from IP 64.237.4.140 [smtp.macys.com]?
6:10 AM

Blogger Skip said...

"May I attribute that quote to you and identify it..."

No, you may not. Please remove this information immediately, it is private information.
5:58 PM

Blogger Moulton said...

You're way too late, Skip.

Google has already cached it, and the Library of Congress has already permanently recorded it for posterity in Minerva.
3:32 AM

And here is what Odd nature is referring to at Larry Fafarman's blog.

QUOTE(Moulton @ posting at Larry Fafarman's blog)
Blogger Moulton said...

Variety?

You want a variety show here?

Well, OK.

Here's my contribution to this musical comedy...

This number goes out to our very own Skip.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:20:00 PM
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

QUOTE(prospero @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 11:30pm) *

QUOTE(Ben @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 6:00pm) *

I thought it was funny and yes that is from the OM thread where LauraLove posted the Finding Nemo fish picture. Nothing wrong with nicknames.

No, it wouldn't. I have no intention of "apologizing" for calling him OrangeClownFish, either.

Someone should compile all the Talk pages spats he got 'tied of' and entirely deleted. He probably owes hundreds of apologies. I suppose now he is mentored he cannot be too rude - but when it comes to all the underhand ways to bully and game, he has basically now been given a free reign, imo. Providing he can keep his potty mouth shut, he is harder to take to task now than before, I reckon. In a way, the prejudice of the trial wrote all his past crimes off in one fell swoop. They (the 'cruft' cabal) would no-doubt plead 'double indemnity' if anyone called on them since his "Statement" was accepted.
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(prospero @ Wed 2nd July 2008, 3:54pm) *

Not surprisingly, I do too! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) Although, Lar is probably right to scold me for some of my rather uncivilized remarks. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ph34r.gif)

Yeah, you can be a lot more effective by remaining more civilized than they are. By the way, I see Jim62sch just could not resist the temptation to reinforce the Cabal thing by showing up on your talk page. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
+Quote Post
SomeRandomAdmin

Member No.: 4,281

I always assume that Odd Nature = FeloniousMonk anyway. Am I wrong?
+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 5,552

QUOTE(SomeRandomAdmin @ Fri 4th July 2008, 9:40am) *

Yeah, you're wrong. (Not a personal attack.)

But seriously, I think we all (tried to) agree at (one of) the RfC that describing folks as a "cabal" is mean. Putting aside one's opinions as to if they actually are a cabal, I think the best advice for both sides is to not give the other side any opportunity (prospero/Dragon; this is aimed at you, mostly... make of it what you will).
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(Giggy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 7:41pm) *

But seriously, I think we all (tried to) agree at (one of) the RfC that describing folks as a "cabal" is mean. Putting aside one's opinions as to if they actually are a cabal, I think the best advice for both sides is to not give the other side any opportunity (prospero/Dragon; this is aimed at you, mostly... make of it what you will).

Giggy, I understand where you're coming from - and agree, to an extent. But when a group insists they are not a cabal, and then acts exactly like a cabal minutes later, that's pretty damning. What would be an alternative term to describe this?

This post has been edited by Bob Boy:
+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

Just don't describe them. Let Odd nature's pathetically weak WQA report self-destruct. Same here - remove the "and the rest of the WP:TE ID cabal" and there's nothing wrong with the comment.

This post has been edited by Giggy:
+Quote Post
prospero

QUOTE(Giggy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 8:41pm) *

It has little to do with being mean, although my calling OM OrangeClownFish probably was. The fact of the matter was that my use of the term was clearly demonstrated by the further pile on by ID editors both on my talk page and at WQA. If they don't want to be called a cabal, they shouldn't act as one. Still, I will try to ratchet down on my use of the term to only egregious cases.

I still stand by my fundamental beliefs. Maybe I'm unique, but never have I seen such a disruptive, rude, loutish bunch of scientists in my life. Yes, I've been around plenty, since my father would take me to the various international developmental biology meetings he attended when I was younger. The class of the persons I met there was on a whole different level then what I see with those associated with Wikiproject ID.

+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(prospero @ Fri 4th July 2008, 10:53am) *

Still, I will try to ratchet down on my use of the term to only egregious cases.

Thanks - the last thing we need (in general) is moar drama.
+Quote Post
powercorrupts

QUOTE(prospero @ Fri 4th July 2008, 1:53am) *

QUOTE(Giggy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 8:41pm) *

It has little to do with being mean, although my calling OM OrangeClownFish probably was. The fact of the matter was that my use of the term was clearly demonstrated by the further pile on by ID editors both on my talk page and at WQA. If they don't want to be called a cabal, they shouldn't act as one. Still, I will try to ratchet down on my use of the term to only egregious cases.

I still stand by my fundamental beliefs. Maybe I'm unique, but never have I seen such a disruptive, rude, loutish bunch of scientists in my life. Yes, I've been around plenty, since my father would take me to the various international developmental biology meetings he attended when I was younger. The class of the persons I met there was on a whole different level then what I see with those associated with Wikiproject ID.

We can see they are a cabal, but how do we know they are scientists?
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

Moulton, could you please refresh us on some of the real-world identities of some of the IDCab, particularly Jim62sch? Are they real scientists?
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(Giggy @ Fri 4th July 2008, 12:41am) *

Yeah, you're wrong. (Not a personal attack.

How do you know this? B's evidence looked fairly compelling, and was not publically rebutted in any way.
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

I had not seen that. He has absolutely no right whatsoever to ask anyone for a retraction or an apology, and he should feel utter shame for even requesting it considering the filthy waste he spewed out about me, giggy and the_undertow. And now, not only has he refused to retract any of it AND refused to apologize, but he has twice now said that he was going to discuss this with me. Turns out that in addition to being completely hateful, he's also either a straight up liar or incapable of admitting when he's erred, and taking the time to deal with it.

Half the shit these over-sensitives claim to be uncivil comments or personal attacks are not even close to such. And what's further amusing is that Filll keeps a subpage of such abuses of these policies. It's utterly hilarious considering what he'll jump to claim as an attack against one of his own while being appalled if someone else makes the same such claims. This whole situation is fucktarded. After all the shit they've dished out to other editors, it's literally laughable to see them demand retractions and apologies. Especially Orangemarlin.
+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Fri 4th July 2008, 11:49am) *

How do you know this? B's evidence looked fairly compelling, and was not publically rebutted in any way.

Sorry, I haven't seen the evidence you're referring to. (I just checked and Odd nature isn't mentioned here as far as I can see.)

Can you clarify? I was going by what I thought to be the case based on discussion here and elsewhere, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(Giggy @ Fri 4th July 2008, 2:14am) *

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Fri 4th July 2008, 11:49am) *

Sorry, I haven't seen the evidence you're referring to. (I just checked and Odd nature isn't mentioned here as far as I can see.)

Can you clarify? I was going by what I thought to be the case based on discussion here and elsewhere, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

The original allegation was here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...e#FeloniousMonk
I am not aware that anyone has substantially rebutted this. I've been told behind the scenes that it's not so, but no actual evidence was produced to this effect. It is very strange that FM didn't participate in the arbitration, and that no effort was made to publically address B's allegation.

+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame

Dharma Bum

From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 8:06pm) *

I had not seen that. He has absolutely no right whatsoever to ask anyone for a retraction or an apology, and he should feel utter shame for even requesting it considering the filthy waste he spewed out about me, giggy and the_undertow. And now, not only has he refused to retract any of it AND refused to apologize, but he has twice now said that he was going to discuss this with me. Turns out that in addition to being completely hateful, he's also either a straight up liar or incapable of admitting when he's erred, and taking the time to deal with it.

Half the shit these over-sensitives claim to be uncivil comments or personal attacks are not even close to such. And what's further amusing is that Filll keeps a subpage of such abuses of these policies. It's utterly hilarious considering what he'll jump to claim as an attack against one of his own while being appalled if someone else makes the same such claims. This whole situation is fucktarded. After all the shit they've dished out to other editors, it's literally laughable to see them demand retractions and apologies. Especially Orangemarlin.

It is hardly my place to suggest additional process or another layer of cranky dispute resolution for their club, put I can't resist suggesting some form of dueling to address these "personal attacks" that compromise the honor of noble Wikipedians. Perhaps they could be played out with a selection of oddly shaped dice assigned based on edit counts, admin status, etc. If the dice call for it the dueler would be "dead" and his/her account forfeited. Survivors might receive "dueling scars" to augment their ~~~~ signature. At least the whining would abate.
+Quote Post
Giggy

Ãœber Member

Responding to Proabivouac.

A rebuttal to that would be nice. I looked through it all and perhaps the biggest problem with it (though it certainly looks suspicious without knowing any more) is that it could be applied to many other users.

This post has been edited by Giggy:
+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Fri 4th July 2008, 2:26am) *

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 8:06pm) *

It is hardly my place to suggest additional process or another layer of cranky dispute resolution for their club, put I can't resist suggesting some form of dueling to address these "personal attacks" that compromise the honor of noble Wikipedians. Perhaps they could be played out with a selection of oddly shaped dice assigned based on edit counts, admin status, etc. If the dice call for it the dueler would be "dead" and his/her account forfeited. Survivors might receive "dueling scars" to augment their ~~~~ signature. At least the whining would abate.

While grave incivility occurs on Wikipedia on a daily basis, editors are obliged to allege personal attacks and collect evidence to this effect. They are treated as slip-ups on the part of their opponents, and their number and quality, along with those of other slip-ups, determine the outcome of content disputes indirectly, through disciplinary measures. If you don't feel personally attacked, you're not playing it right.
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 9:29pm) *

Moulton, could you please refresh us on some of the real-world identities of some of the IDCab, particularly Jim62sch? Are they real scientists?

Exactly why would it help matters to out people here who wish privacy? I'd rather not see that sort of thing. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, regardless of whether they have been acting inappropriately. Do not sink to the level of those arrayed against you.
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(Lar @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 9:43pm) *

Exactly why would it help matters to out people here who wish privacy? I'd rather not see that sort of thing. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, regardless of whether they have been acting inappropriately. Do not sink to the level of those arrayed against you.

I would normally agree, but that group is not above outing other people to achieve their goals - from what I recall, that's exactly what dragged Jim and Orangemarlin into arbitration before - weren't they outing people?
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 8:50pm) *
What would be an alternative term to describe this?

The allied editors from the Wikiproject on Intelligent Design.
+Quote Post
Lar

"His blandness goes to 11!"

Member No.: 4,290

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 10:55pm) *

QUOTE(Lar @ Thu 3rd July 2008, 9:43pm) *

I would normally agree, but that group is not above outing other people to achieve their goals - from what I recall, that's exactly what dragged Jim and Orangemarlin into arbitration before - weren't they outing people?

You may well be right. But I nevertheless say " Do not sink to the level of those arrayed against you." YMMV of course and I wish you the best in any case.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Jim Schuler works for the IRS in Philadelphia. Note his other contacts and references. Do you recognize the other names?

Odd nature (Paul Mitchell) works at Macy's San Francisco Operations Center.

But wait! What is this?!?...

QUOTE(Message posted to Foundation-l)
Statement to the Associated Press [In reply to]
Mr. Merkey--

But back in 2006 you were saying something entirely different:

"I can share with the community that Mr. Wales deletion and rewrite of the article was in no way was based on any legal solution or legal resolution -- he did it solely of his own initiative and as a courtesy after performing a through review of the entire history of the article."

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Electi...n/MerkeyArchive
I'm wondering what the AP will think of your past statement, which totally contradicts your statement to them shared here. There is no middle ground between the two. Either you being untruthful then or you are being untruthful now. Which is it?

Paul Mitchell, FeloniousMonk

So Paul Mitchell is FeloniousMonk. Which seems to support the theory that Odd nature is a sock puppet or meat puppet of FM.

Previously, I wondered who CabalCounterIntelligenceUnit was.

Here is an interesting comment posted to Larry Fafarman's blog by none other than that mysterious agent whom Guettarda blocked for impersonating Filll.

This post has been edited by Moulton:
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Here's a good one. The hypocrisy is ripe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=215759974

QUOTE(Orangemarlin 16:12 @ 29 May 2008 (UTC) - in RFA/DHMO 3)
White pride is considered an anti-Semitic and racist term by the Anti-defamation league. I stand by my consistent statements over the past couple of years that naively supporting racist code-words is still racist. And as far as admins go, I had enough of admins supporting racist POV-pushers on this project. And maggot, please redact your personal attack for stating my well-founded opinion is fallacious.

Edit summary: White pride=White supremacism=KKK=Neo-nazism. Give me a break.

And note that he refers to SynergeticMaggot as simply "maggot" when asking him to retract his "personal attack" in calling his fallacious argument... uh, fallacious. And then he basically surmises that those who were raised to believe white pride is not inherently racist are white supremacist, KKK-affiliated neo-nazis. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)

Ya know, I think this pretty much sums up his issues:
QUOTE(Orangemarlin 02:35 @ 31 May 2008 (UTC) on User talk:Orangemarlin)
I changed my mind. I have to stand up to what is right. You'll laugh at me, call me names, or threaten me with a block. But how do you think the Nazi's ended up killing Jews? Or the KKK lynch blacks? Do you think it came to them in a vision, one day they weren't doing it, the next they were? No, it came from words and ideas. Those words and ideas inspired others, and the next thing you know it's Kristallnacht. And I have no clue today where those ideas start, and I have no clue where they may end up. But words have power. DHMO has stated that he does not believe White Power is racist or anti-semitic. That is his opinion. Mine is that White Pride is no different than any other racist group in the US. In fact, others back me up, specifically the Jewish Anti-defamation League. Yes, they're Jewish. Yes, they're sensitive to all attacks. But they know where words lead, and we've been down that path so many times, and it never ends up good for we Jews.

I have chosen in my life to resist all anti-semitism and racism wherever I see it, because I know my forefathers ignored it, and I don't have many forefathers left because they didn't stand up to it. You might be right that Wikipedia goes blind, but I'm going blind by reading how White Power is completely acceptable, and that admins here can have that racist/anti-semitic background. So, I've had to read where I'm a member of some ridiculous cabal, that my feelings on anti-Semitism should be dismissed (you ask how this is related, it is because I was offended by someone using the term Jew Comedian, and the undertow said that that is not offensive, when it is, and DHMO supports that opinion).

Why should I ignore it? Why should I be the one who reads this offensive language and sit back and smile? Where does this lead? Words matter, because they hurt. I'm saying "the emperor has no clothes" (i.e., that DHMO is making statements that are offensive, and you chastise me. How fair is that? What would you like me to do? Pretend that the gas chamber isn't a shower? Because that's the logical conclusion from accepting hurtful ideas and words. So maybe instead of taking what appears to be a gleeful opportunity to slap me about side my head for expressing an opinion, you could think about those words and ideas expressed by individuals here can be so uncivil as to be hateful and emotionally painful. I cry every time I read of racism or anti-Semitism in words, because I know what they mean. They mean I'm less of of a person, for no other reason but that I was born as a Jew.

Note that at no point during any of this did anyone make an antisemitic comment. No one. No one even spoke to him. He twice referred to giggy as white power. How utterly ridiculous. And he wants retractions for shit like what's quoted a few posts up and someone calling his ridiculous argument fallacious. Give me a break. He has no evidence at all to back up any of his claims in this. It's all about his feelings and assumptions. It's pathetic. I get people are sensitive about this subject, and rightly so. But this is over the top and gives him no right to mislabel people racists and then refuse to apologize once he realizes and admits that they are not racists.

And the Jew comedian incident was over this comment:
QUOTE(God Save the South on Talk:Ku Klux Klan)
The section was only added recently. I agree it needs expanded. There should definately be a mention of [[Ari Shaffir]], a brilliant (in my opinion) Jew comedian. He did a piece in his series 'The Amazing Racist' in a Ku Klux Klan robe, it was hilarious and has had many hits on youtube.

+Quote Post
guy

Postmaster General

Member No.: 23

What if they are? On WP, personal expertise is irrelevant, only WP:RS, WP:V and the alphabet soup.
+Quote Post
prospero

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 4th July 2008, 1:20am) *

Jim Schuler works for the IRS in Philadelphia. Note his other contacts and references. Do you recognize the other names?

But wait! What is this?!?...

QUOTE(Message posted to Foundation-l)
Statement to the Associated Press [In reply to]
Mr. Merkey--

But back in 2006 you were saying something entirely different:

"I can share with the community that Mr. Wales deletion and rewrite of the article was in no way was based on any legal solution or legal resolution -- he did it solely of his own initiative and as a courtesy after performing a through review of the entire history of the article."

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Electi...n/MerkeyArchive
I'm wondering what the AP will think of your past statement, which totally contradicts your statement to them shared here. There is no middle ground between the two. Either you being untruthful then or you are being untruthful now. Which is it?

Paul Mitchell, FeloniousMonk

So Paul Mitchell is FeloniousMonk. Which seems to support the theory that Odd nature is a sock puppet or meat puppet of FM.

How does one bring this to SSP without being banned? Seems like better than just speculative evidence to me.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Notice this...

QUOTE(FeloniousMonk Arbcom Evidence)
Moulton

Conducting a campaign against Wikipedia

...and the Wikipedians who compose WikiProject Intelligent Design. The resulting disruption of Wikipedia includes meatpuppets and proxies recruited and directed by Moulton to edit on his behalf.
  • 28 August 2007 A blog entry at Blogspot about his colleague's Rosalind Picard, Wikipedia bio. In the comments he outs the employer of one Wikipedia editor commenting there: [212]
  • 18 September 2007 Another blog entry at Blogspot about his colleague's Wikipedia bio attacking the editors of "WikiProject Intelligent Design", "Now we are engaged in a great wiki war", etc.: [213]

Put this newest information together with the evidence posted on-Wiki by User:B that Odd nature is a sock puppet or meat puppet of FeloniousMonk and what do you get?

I get, at the very minimum that FeloniousMonk, Odd nature, and Blogger Skip are functionally indistinguishable in terms of their obsession with and loathing of that vile miscreant and reprehensible reprobate known far and wide in teh Intarwebs as "Moulton".
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(Lar @ Fri 4th July 2008, 12:18am) *

You may well be right. But I nevertheless say " Do not sink to the level of those arrayed against you." YMMV of course and I wish you the best in any case.

I understand where you're coming from. I generally subscribe to the goose/gander school, myself.
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Fri 4th July 2008, 12:49pm) *
I understand where you're coming from. I generally subscribe to the goose/gander school, myself.

The core issue is how to deal with the PotKettleBlack/Tu Quoque/Hypocrisy of Filll, FeloniousMonk, Odd nature, OrangeMarlin, Blueboy96, and KillerChihuahua applying double standards, whereby the same act is an unforgivably egregious hanging offense if an adversarial editor does it, but a shoulder-shrugging, excusable, no big deal if one of their own tribe does it.
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 4th July 2008, 12:32pm) *

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Fri 4th July 2008, 12:49pm) *

The core issue is how to deal with the PotKettleBlack/Tu Quoque/Hypocrisy of Filll, FeloniousMonk, Odd nature, OrangeMarlin, Blueboy96, and KillerChihuahua applying double standards, whereby the same act is an unforgivably egregious hanging offense if an adversarial editor does it, but a shoulder-shrugging, excusable, no big deal if one of their own tribe does it.

I think that Mutual assured destruction is a good applied philosophy here - it worked in the Cold War. Any Wikipedia user who engages in outing should be willing to accept the consequence of being outed themselves.
+Quote Post
Winnie

Neophyte

Incorporating past information, plus more:

http://www.naymz.com/search/james/schuler/1529055
James Edward Schuler (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jim62sch)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
Information Technology Specialist
Internal Revenue Service

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki.../123938?#123938
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki.../124291?#124291
http://www.naymz.com/search/paul/mitchell/1529043
http://www.facebook.com/people/Paul_Mitchell/641967390
Paul Mitchell (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Odd_nature, aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:FeloniousMonk).
San Francisco, California - US, CMS Business Analyst, Macys.com
Odd nature signed a comment listed to 151.151.73.167, on 14 May, 2007, which WP states is registered to Wells Fargo & Company (and 151.151.21.104, on 30 April, 2007, also Wells Fargo, San Francisco). Paul Mitchell (same picture) worked for Wells Fargo from January 2007 — July 2007, which fits the timeframe! Even more curious, Odd nature also posted from Macy's during the time that Felonious works for Macy's) as 64.237.4.140 on 20 March 2008.
Felonious Monk signed a comment listed to 76.21.48.9, on 26 Jan, 2008, which was Comcast Cable Communications Inc.. Also, Felonious signed comments to 24.23.3.73, on 10 April, 2007, 5 April, 2007, and 4 April, 2008 which were also Comcast.
All Geolocate to the same area in California, including the Odd nature ones.
Also see Volunteer administrator, Wikimedia Foundation for Mitchell.

http://www.naymz.com/search/tracy/walker/1543269
Tracy E. Walker (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:KillerChihuahua)

http://www.naymz.com/search/ian/ramjohn/1543196 (note the myspace, facebook, and blog links)
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/R/Ian.A.Ramjoh...Sept%202004.pdf
http://www.facebook.com/people/Ian_Ramjohn/9633096
Ian Ramjohn (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Guettarda)
Norman, Oklahoma - United States
Ecologist

This post has been edited by Winnie:
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

Three of them have pictures up, variously on Facebook, their blog sites, homepages, etc.

Meantime, Filll is still something of a mystery. We know he's in Maryland, somewhere near Gambrills (about 50 miles NW of Washington DC).

His unusual handle is about all we have to go on.

Take a look at this page...

http://www.loveaccess.com/personals/filll

Is this our Filll?

How many of the details match what we know? Are any of the details suggestive of a mismatch or mistaken identity?

Moulton

+Quote Post
Winnie

Neophyte

QUOTE(Moulton @ Sat 5th July 2008, 4:25am) *

How many of the details match what we know?

Plausible.

"I am a research scientist. I study climate."
+Quote Post
Moulton

Anthropologist from Mars

QUOTE(Winnie @ Fri 4th July 2008, 2:49pm) *
Plausible.

Bowie MD is one of the locations where NOAA/NCEP (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration / National Centers for Environmental Prediction) has some of their data processing facilities.

Filll does make claims about being experienced with climate models, although his claims are challenged as unsupported via any citations or credentials.

+Quote Post
Proabivouac

Bane of all wikiland

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 4th July 2008, 5:20am) *

Moulton, can you recap as briefly as possible how we know that Odd nature is Paul Mitchell?
+Quote Post
Bob Boy

QUOTE(Winnie @ Fri 4th July 2008, 1:14pm) *

Incorporating past information, plus more:

http://www.naymz.com/search/james/schuler/1529055
James Edward Schuler (aka http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jim62sch)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
Information Technology Specialist
Internal Revenue Service

Given Jim62sch's history, maybe someone should drop a line to the IRS to ask if Jim is editing on company time.
+Quote Post
Winnie

Neophyte

QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Sat 5th July 2008, 5:01am) *

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 4th July 2008, 5:20am) *

Moulton, can you recap as briefly as possible how we know that Odd nature is Paul Mitchell?

Odd nature signed a comment listed to 151.151.73.167, on 14 May, 2007, which WP states is registered to Wells Fargo & Company. Paul Mitchell worked for Wells Fargo from January 2007 — July 2007, which fits the timeframe and is one of the more damning pieces of evidence, if circumstantial (see links in my other post, above).

This post has been edited by Winnie:
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 4th July 2008, 7:01pm) *

QUOTE(Winnie @ Fri 4th July 2008, 2:49pm) *
Plausible.

Bowie MD is one of the locations where NOAA/NCEP (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration / National Centers for Environmental Prediction) has some of their data processing facilities.

Filll does make claims about being experienced with climate models, although his claims are challenged as unsupported via any citations or credentials.

Yeah, he says he's in physics and applied math, and that could be weather modeling. Would mean he's not a biologist. Says he's not an atheist-- one presumes that since he's interested in things like censers (religious incense generator-- See Botafumeiro which Filll worked on), that he's either RC, or just interested in smokes and hazes (atmospheric aerosols) or both. Skype interview of him by Durova: http://durova.blogspot.com/2008/04/interview-with-filll.html

This post has been edited by Milton Roe:
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)