> Cade Metz on Flagged Revisions, "Jimbo Wales ends death by Wikipedia"
Kato
post Fri 23rd January 2009, 2:19am
Post #1

dhd

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 767

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/22/wi...lism_crackdown/

"Wikipedia admins already have the power to "protect" articles (i.e. lock them down to prevent edits entirely) and "semi-protect" them (prevent edits from editors without established accounts). But Wales sees Flagged Revisions as a more-nimble solution. "[The Kennedy-Byrd situation] would have been 100% prevented by Flagged Revisions," Wales wrote yesterday."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GlassBeadGame
post Fri 23rd January 2009, 2:39am
Post #2

Dharma Bum

Group: Contributors
From: My name it means nothing. My age it means less. The country I come from is called the Mid-West.
Member No.: 981

But we all know that trusted Wikipedia editors can't always be trusted. "Yes, there's a chance that folks with a certain Point of View will use this to 'Flag' a revision that's pro their side," Yellope admits. But he says the Wikicommunity will quickly revoke flag rights if they're misused in any way.

Metz is insightful as always. Note his link to his recent "Jossi article." He is the first to make, at least indirectly, what will probably the most lasting point in this "reform." In this dysfunctional community any shield will be used as a sword.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd 4 14, 4:57pm