FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2933 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
FORUM WARNING [2] Division by zero (Line: 2943 of /srcsgcaop/boardclass.php)
Checkuser/oversight elections -

The Wikipedia Review: A forum for discussion and criticism of Wikipedia
Wikipedia Review Op-Ed Pages

Welcome, Guest! ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Checkuser/oversight elections
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 11,945

The candidates have been announced.

For checkuser:

For oversight:

Could be quite interesting!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

Known alias of J. Random Troll

QUOTE(Nerd @ Fri 24th July 2009, 6:43pm) *

The candidates have been announced.

For checkuser:For oversight:Could be quite interesting!

Not Stifle! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/sad.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

I have as much free time as a Wikipedia admin!

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 24th July 2009, 10:01pm) *

Or SoWhy (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

But LaraLove!!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wub.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

And J.delanoy is an okay guy -- he needs to spend more time offline and out in the bright sunshine, but he's cool in my book (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

And Bjweeks is cool -- he has a big mouth, but he is not Guy Champman/WMC/Gwen Gale (at the wrong time of the month)/Tan/Xeno nasty and he has a sense of humor. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Fri 24th July 2009, 7:08pm) *

Nevermind the nice face. Gets my vote for the BLP stand. Even though anal about the MoS. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hmmm.gif) I'll forgive you for that, Jenna.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Very well, Mister Nerd. Let me crosspost.

Candidate Tiptoety is being discussed on this thread.
And I talked about candidate Stifle here.

To make it simple, these two little boys should not even have admin bits,
much less checkuser power. Okay?
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Sat 25th July 2009, 3:08am) *

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Fri 24th July 2009, 10:01pm) *

Or SoWhy (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

But LaraLove!!! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wub.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

And J.delanoy is an okay guy -- he needs to spend more time offline and out in the bright sunshine, but he's cool in my book (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

And Bjweeks is cool -- he has a big mouth, but he is not Guy Champman/WMC/Gwen Gale (at the wrong time of the month)/Tan/Xeno nasty and he has a sense of humor. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)

Ah yes, J.delanoy, he was the one who called for me to be community banned on AN/I and reported me to my ISP for libelling Jimmy Wales. Yet I still quite like him.
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Hersfold:

Blocked the notorious Kurt Weber. I'm uncertain if you can call this a "public service".

The admin who blocked him indef and blanked his userpage, User:Hersfold, is one of the teenage Twinkle/Huggle users whose only accomplishment on Wikipedia is using these tools to revert vandals and report improper usernames.
Nicely put, very accurate.

Directly involved in the Gail Trimble BLP stink.

Managed to block Angela Beesley and Tim Starling,
who were editing from a hotel without logging in--and was upbraided for it. Brilliant.

With every such exploration of a WP admin's past history,
I come ever closer to a realization:
any young admin whose userpage is saturated with useless barnstars
and userboxes is probably a "cult member".
And is not mature enough to be a checkuser.

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 26th July 2009, 2:56pm) *

Candidate Tiptoety is being discussed on this thread.
And I talked about candidate Stifle here.

To make it simple, these two little boys should not even have admin bits,
much less checkuser power. Okay?

From what I've seen of Tiptoety, I would agree. He's likely to exploit his CU for POV-pushing WikiMMORPGism, in the tradition of Jayjg.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(RMHED @ Sun 26th July 2009, 6:12pm) *

Ah yes, J.delanoy, he was the one who called for me to be community banned on AN/I and reported me to my ISP for libelling Jimmy Wales. Yet I still quite like him.

He reported you to your ISP?? I was totally unaware of that. Forget what I said earlier -- I am NOT voting for that asshole. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Mr. Z-man is easy to look into.

I've seen him directly involved in endless dramah on AN/I.
So much dramah, that I won't even bother to give links to any of it.
(Although this is a good one.)

He's difficult to avoid or miss. Not really friendly with cabalistas, apparently.

Has a sock used for Z-bot "testing". (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/yecch.gif)

Apparently a student or staff at Case Western Reserve University.

He's been called a "pompous doofus". Anyone on Kato's list of opponents to protection of BLPs might deserve that appellation.

Ask him why he did this. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Ahypori

Group: Contributors

Anyone up for another round of BADSITES?
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Sun 26th July 2009, 9:45pm) *

Uh oh, those characters are picking on Lara. You go, girl, and knock the shit out of them! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
j.delanoy

Can't say I'd blame you if you didn't like me anymore. That was not one of my more bright moments. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)
I gotta say, though, this was pretty epic. I'm glad you decided to stop....
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(j.delanoy @ Mon 27th July 2009, 12:37pm) *

Can't say I'd blame you if you didn't like me anymore. That was not one of my more bright moments. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wacko.gif)

Hey, J.d, that goes far beyond being a not-bright idea -- you intentionally made an effort to see that RMHED could face significant legal problems that could have cost him a shitload of money. And UK libel laws are more severe than US laws. And for what -- some childish scribble that was reverted immediately and created no damage whatsoever to Jimbo's reputation or the viability of Wikipedia?

I am not saying RMHED is blameless, but your actions were beyond the pale. I wouldn't trust you to buy me a bale of hay, let alone give you access to confidential data.

Aren't there any grown-ups in charge on Wikipedia? Or is it just a bunch of stupid children running things?
+Quote Post
j.delanoy

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 27th July 2009, 1:06pm) *

Hey, J.d, that goes far beyond being a not-bright idea -- you intentionally made an effort to see that RMHED could face significant legal problems that could have cost him a shitload of money. And UK libel laws are more severe than US laws. And for what -- some childish scribble that was reverted immediately and created no damage whatsoever to Jimbo's reputation or the viability of Wikipedia?

I am not saying RMHED is blameless, but your actions were beyond the pale. I wouldn't trust you to buy me a bale of hay, let alone give you access to confidential data.

Aren't there any grown-ups in charge on Wikipedia? Or is it just a bunch of stupid children running things?

Yes, you are correct. My actions were far in excess of what was needed in that situation, and I am happy that RMHED's provider ignored my letter.
I like to think that in the time since then, I have become more cautious and thoughtful in my actions, but I am probably the least reliable source in that regard.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(j.delanoy @ Mon 27th July 2009, 6:24pm) *

Yes, you are correct. My actions were far in excess of what was needed in that situation, and I am happy that RMHED's provider ignored my letter.
I like to think that in the time since then, I have become more cautious and thoughtful in my actions, but I am probably the least reliable source in that regard.

Of course my ISP ignored you, they mostly ignore everybody including their customers.

I certainly don't harbour any grudge against you.

+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(j.delanoy @ Mon 27th July 2009, 1:24pm) *

RMHED said that you advocated his being community banned. Considering that a lot of time has passed since that episode, and considering what you did and what could have transpired if the ISP didn't ignore you, why don't you do something decent and ask the "community" to consider unbanning him? He cannot post a message on the AN board himself -- it wouldn't hurt you to put up a message on the AN board asking if the "community" would consider reintegrating him into the Wikipedia swim.

What do you say, J.d -- it would show that you genuinely possess leadership skills.
+Quote Post
RMHED

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Mon 27th July 2009, 6:56pm) *

QUOTE(j.delanoy @ Mon 27th July 2009, 1:24pm) *

RMHED said that you advocated his being community banned. Considering that a lot of time has passed since that episode, and considering what you did and what could have transpired if the ISP didn't ignore you, why don't you do something decent and ask the "community" to consider unbanning him? He cannot post a message on the AN board himself -- it wouldn't hurt you to put up a message on the AN board asking if the "community" would consider reintegrating him into the Wikipedia swim.

What do you say, J.d -- it would show that you genuinely possess leadership skills.

My being unbanned or not is solely at the discretion of arbcom, and the very last thing I'd want is for 'discussion' on the AN. Thanks for the thought though Horsey.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(RMHED @ Mon 27th July 2009, 2:33pm) *

My being unbanned or not is solely at the discretion of arbcom, and the very last thing I'd want is for 'discussion' on the AN. Thanks for the thought though Horsey.

Well, maybe J.d can stop banging Huggle for a few minutes and drop word with Arbcom to get off their butts and consider your case.

RMHED deserves a big Horsey kiss...mwah, mwah, mwah! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Milton Roe

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Sun 26th July 2009, 6:45pm) *

Ah, guilt-by-association. Those people on WR bitch about us here on WP. We all know there's nothing to bitch about.

And besides, it's a well-known fact that anybody who criticizes a government is unpatriotic. What does that make somebody who criticizes WP, which hardly has any government? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) Even worse! Caspian Blue wants to know where's your loyalty. Loyal opposition is an oxymoron, which is why you never hear the term, except on WR. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Wait a minute. Thatcher wasn't mentioned in the original list of
nominees, and yet there he is now......

And if you need some sick laughter, have a look at Jehochman's
intended vote in this election, complete with half-assed justifications.....

(remember Hochman's attempts to cover up Sam Blacketer's activities?
I'd like to ram a sockpuppet up Hochman's ass....)

This post has been edited by EricBarbour:
+Quote Post
Ahypori

QUOTE(Milton Roe @ Mon 27th July 2009, 11:56am) *

QUOTE(Ahypori @ Sun 26th July 2009, 6:45pm) *

Ah, guilt-by-association. Those people on WR bitch about us here on WP. We all know there's nothing to bitch about.

And besides, it's a well-known fact that anybody who criticizes a government is unpatriotic. What does that make somebody who criticizes WP, which hardly has any government? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/ohmy.gif) Even worse! Caspian Blue wants to know where's your loyalty. Loyal opposition is an oxymoron, which is why you never hear the term, except on WR. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

Still at it, it seems. I note how all the links to here are criticism of that user anyway. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 27th July 2009, 6:58pm) *

Kind of sad for a man of his age to be making an "I Like Them/I Hate Them" list. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

This post has been edited by A Horse With No Name:
+Quote Post
No one of consequence

I want to stare at the seaside and do nothing at all

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Mon 27th July 2009, 10:58pm) *

Wait a minute. Thatcher wasn't mentioned in the original list of
nominees, and yet there he is now......

Risker allowed me to add myself last night. I was out of town when the rest of the names went up, and I think my answer to MZMcBride explains the rest.
+Quote Post
Malleus

Fat Cat

Member No.: 8,716

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 28th July 2009, 1:41am) *

Kind of sad for a man of his age to be making an "I Like Them/I Hate Them" list. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

Jehochman is a clot.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Malleus @ Mon 27th July 2009, 9:02pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Tue 28th July 2009, 1:41am) *

Jehochman is a clot.

Malley baby, you're adorable. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

I'm getting opposed for my category deletion fail. That makes no sense to me. First, it was a misunderstanding in how a tool would work. Second, I acknowledged the mistake before the tool even finished running. Third, I apologized for creating a mess. And fourth, I immediately went to fixing the mistake. Some people helped me out because they wanted to (I recall Law restored a good deal), but I restored more than half of them myself. Not to mention, it's wholly unrelated to Oversight.

Seriously. Of all the reasons people can use to oppose me, I get this?

This is why the community can't be trusted to elect people.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:04am) *

I'm getting opposed for my category deletion fail. That makes no sense to me. First, it was a misunderstanding in how a tool would work. Second, I acknowledged the mistake before the tool even finished running. Third, I apologized for creating a mess. And fourth, I immediately went to fixing the mistake. Some people helped me out because they wanted to (I recall Law restored a good deal), but I restored more than half of them myself. Not to mention, it's wholly unrelated to Oversight.

Yeah, but look who your opposition is: Aitias, Prodego, Protonk, Caspian Blue, Pzrmd, Noroton, Jehochman, KillerChihuahua, Bishonen, Ceranthor, Raul654, Short Brigade Harvester Boris, Toddst1…is there a brain cell in the bunch? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

Besides, the cool kids are the ones who are voting for you – even little Shappy is in there pitching for LaraLove! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif)

We need more of the WR team to do their part. Hey, out there – Petey, Eric, Xeno, Kohs, and the rest of you mugs! Get off your backsides and join Team Lara! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
Grep

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 4:04pm) *

I'm getting opposed for my category deletion fail.

No, it just means it isn't the real reason. You annoyed too many well-connected people, that's why.
+Quote Post
Apathetic

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:25am) *

Yeah, but look who your opposition is: Aitias, Prodego, Protonk, Caspian Blue, Pzrmd, Noroton, Jehochman, KillerChihuahua, Bishonen, Ceranthor, Raul654, Short Brigade Harvester Boris, Toddst1…is there a brain cell in the bunch? (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unsure.gif)

Besides, the cool kids are the ones who are voting for you – even little Shappy is in there pitching for LaraLove! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif)

We need more of the WR team to do their part. Hey, out there – Petey, Eric, Xeno, Kohs, and the rest of you mugs! Get off your backsides and join Team Lara! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wub.gif)

Lara clearly doesn't know how to win a popularity contest. =]

This post has been edited by Apathetic:
+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

QUOTE(Grep @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:28am) *
No, it just means it isn't the real reason. You annoyed too many well-connected people, that's why.
I believe "annoyed" is putting it lightly. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/biggrin.gif) I think "pissed off", though still light, is closer.

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:25am) *
I don't care about the votes from the familiar faces. Those were expected. The retaliation votes, grudge votes, IDONTLIKEHER votes... all expected. It's the others -- the people whose names I don't recognize and those who I didn't expect to oppose -- that I am curious as to the reasoning. And those who specifically opposed for the cat deletions; I don't get it.

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:29am) *
Nor would I want to. I've never had the type of personality everyone likes. You either hate me or you love me to death. There's not a lot of in between. I much prefer it that way. Never one to be fake or kiss ass, I make lots of enemies; and that doesn't bother me because I don't like most people anyway.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:28pm) *
You either hate me or you love me to death.

You know where I stand! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wub.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/boing.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

What this effort needs is intimidation. If Juliancolton can scare KillerChihuahua without even trying, think of what he can do if he puts his mind to being tough. Someone track down Julian and tell him we need his two-fisted machismo! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:29am) *

Xeno, get your sorry ass off your couch and get over to the Oversight election board and vote for Lara. Either that or you'll have to answer to Julian...and if you want to push your luck, I'll give Shappy some brass knuckles and send him your way, too! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 4:25pm) *

OK but she should be nicer to me. These elections are all about being nice.

The other bunch are spectacularly horrible what did Wikipedia do to deserve this?

Also I need to lie low for a while as 'block risk' is running v. high at the moment.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:44pm) *

Also I need to lie low for a while as 'block risk' is running v. high at the moment.

Don't worry about block risk, Petey...anyone who pulls a fast one on you is going to have to answer to Horsey. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Apathetic

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:42pm) *

Xeno, get your sorry ass off your couch and get over to the Oversight election board and vote for Lara. Either that or you'll have to answer to Julian...and if you want to push your luck, I'll give Shappy some brass knuckles and send him your way, too! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/hrmph.gif)

Lara needs another 59 people to support, and no more opposition, to even reach the floor.

Besides, I don't even really feel like participating in an election of which I was unaware until after the nomination period was over. What a sham.

This post has been edited by Apathetic:
+Quote Post
Nerd

Ãœber Member

Member No.: 11,945

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 4:04pm) *

You mean you made a mistake, acknowledged it, fixed it? I mean, of all the reasons people could have opposed for... that was rather ridiculous.

But, you say the community can't be trusted to elect people... who should then?
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:55pm) *

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:42pm) *

Lara needs another 59 people to support, and no more opposition, to even reach the floor.

Don't worry about that -- between Julian bullying the opposition to withdraw and Jon's sock drawer, we'll get her to the floor.

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:55pm) *

Besides, I don't even really feel like participating in an election of which I was unaware until after the nomination period was over. What a sham.

You...you...you...apathetic! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/angry.gif)
+Quote Post
Grep

QUOTE(Nerd @ Wed 29th July 2009, 6:04pm) *

But, you say the community can't be trusted to elect people... who should then?

The Solution
Bertolt Brecht

After the uprising of the 17th June
The Secretary of the Writers Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
+Quote Post
Peter Damian

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 5:46pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 29th July 2009, 12:44pm) *

Don't worry about block risk, Petey...anyone who pulls a fast one on you is going to have to answer to Horsey. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/wink.gif)

I fear there are more powerful forces at work than Horsey.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 29th July 2009, 1:24pm) *

Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, Petey. Those forces don't realize my double life. For the most part, I am a mild-mannered equine who offers fun-loving commentary on Wikipedia trends and personalities. But when the shit hits the fan, I become...Super-Horse:

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/Comet-action292.PNG)

Yes, that is Lara on my back! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

+Quote Post
LaraLove

Wikipedia BLP advocate

Srsly, and not even all the cabals have showed up! It's only day 2 of 14, people. And I'm letting this ride out to 4% support!

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 1:34pm) *

Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, Petey. Those forces don't realize my double life. For the most part, I am a mild-mannered equine who offers fun-loving commentary on Wikipedia trends and personalities. But when the shit hits the fan, I become...Super-Horse:

(IMG:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/Comet-action292.PNG)

Yes, that is Lara on my back! (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/evilgrin.gif)

(IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 10:04am) *
I'm getting opposed for my category deletion fail. That makes no sense to me.
For at least some of your opposers, this is a pretext: a "credible excuse" to oppose you that doesn't require that they declare their real reason. Many of the rest of the oppose are just lemming effect: they want to be on the side of the angels, and as it's obvious that you're going to fail they want to be on record as opposing the failure.

QUOTE(LaraLove @ Wed 29th July 2009, 11:28am) *
It's the others -- the people whose names I don't recognize and those who I didn't expect to oppose -- that I am curious as to the reasoning. And those who specifically opposed for the cat deletions; I don't get it.
Some of it is doubtless due to canvassing by your determined opposition; the rest is lemming effect.
+Quote Post
Grep

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 29th July 2009, 7:19pm) *

Many of the rest of the oppose are just lemming effect: they want to be on the side of the angels, and as it's obvious that you're going to fail they want to be on record as opposing the failure.

A particularly apt phrase, when you consider what is popularly supposed to happen to the lemmings.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Grep @ Wed 29th July 2009, 2:30pm) *

Many of the rest of the oppose are just lemming effect: they want to be on the side of the angels, and as it's obvious that you're going to fail they want to be on record as opposing the failure.

A particularly apt phrase, when you consider what is popularly supposed to happen to the lemmings.

Of course, lemmings are not suicidal animals -- that is a phony story cooked up in a Disney nature documentary. I always feel bad that the lemmings have such a bad rap. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

+Quote Post
EricBarbour

blah

Many of the rest of the oppose are just lemming effect: they want to be on the side of the angels

Funny. Because the OPPOSE vote list for Lara is like a Who's Who of the most incompetent, sleazy, backstabbing, lying admins.

From Raul to Aitias to Protonk to Caspian Blue to Hochman, they're all voting no on Lara.

I find it even more disturbing that the little shit, Tiptoety, is doing well.....
gonna do something about that.
+Quote Post
Apathetic

Ãœber Member

QUOTE(A Horse With No Name @ Wed 29th July 2009, 2:41pm) *

Of course, lemmings are not suicidal animals -- that is a phony story cooked up in a Disney nature documentary. I always feel bad that the lemmings have such a bad rap. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/unhappy.gif)

I've played video games that prove otherwise!
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Wed 29th July 2009, 2:44pm) *

gonna do something about that.

Eric gets a big Horsey kiss...mwah mwah mwah. (IMG:smilys0b23ax56/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(Apathetic @ Wed 29th July 2009, 3:00pm) *

I've played video games that prove otherwise!

Do you bathe regularly, too?
+Quote Post
Sarcasticidealist

Head exploded.

Member No.: 4,536

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 29th July 2009, 3:19pm) *
Funny, I generally take the opposite approach, if any, so when things go badly (as things are wont to do) I can point out that they'd be different if my side had prevailed. In at least one two person election, I have voted for the candidate who I knew would lose solely so I could stand proudly and say "Don't look at me, I voted for the other guy."
+Quote Post
Kelly Martin

Bring back the guttersnipes!

Member No.: 6,696

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 29th July 2009, 2:10pm) *
Funny, I generally take the opposite approach, if any, so when things go badly (as things are wont to do) I can point out that they'd be different if my side had prevailed. In at least one two person election, I have voted for the candidate who I knew would lose solely so I could stand proudly and say "Don't look at me, I voted for the other guy."
Nobody ever got to be an administrator by sucking up to a loser.
+Quote Post
A Horse With No Name

QUOTE(Kelly Martin @ Wed 29th July 2009, 3:21pm) *

QUOTE(Sarcasticidealist @ Wed 29th July 2009, 2:10pm) *
Nobody ever got to be an administrator by sucking up to a loser.

No, you become an admin by gaming the system, putting on the false facade of puppy devotion to Wikipedia and a shocking sense of cheerful helpfulness to your fellow editors. Then when you get the mop, you turn into Protonk.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now:

FORUM WARNING [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/wikipede/public_html/int042kj398.php:242) (Line: 0 of Unknown)