Known alias of J. Random Troll

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,156

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sun 22nd August 2010, 8:48am) *

offtopic.gif

Yet Another Soapbox White With Foam

BTW, starting a new thread so that your own very much off-topic and ad hominem post gets the last word in the previous one, and my own reply in similar vein now starts a thread which you get to title in a deprecating way to me, comes very close to mod abuse.

I see what you did here. hrmph.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky
post Fri 18th March 2011, 8:43pm
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Fri 18th March 2011, 8:44am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 16th March 2011, 5:00am) *

You know it's the one Cardinal Sin we have around here …

Cardinal Sin was a great man. Let's not be making fun of him please.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5062001362.html
Please. This is typical Orwellian stuff from the WaPo -- the removal of Marcos was an early example of "Regime Change" by the US, with Secretary of State George Shultz and his deputy Paul Wolfowitz at the helm. They didn't like Marcos because he was uncooperative with the IMF, and that's why he had to go. "People's power" was a US-financed cover story for a coup by Gen. Fidel Ramos. Cardinal Sin earned his moniker as a front man for Ramos.
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sat 19th March 2011, 1:55am
Post #43

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Fri 18th March 2011, 1:43pm) *

QUOTE(Gruntled @ Fri 18th March 2011, 8:44am) *

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Wed 16th March 2011, 5:00am) *

You know it's the one Cardinal Sin we have around here …

Cardinal Sin was a great man. Let's not be making fun of him please.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5062001362.html
Please. This is typical Orwellian stuff from the WaPo -- the removal of Marcos was an early example of "Regime Change" by the US, with Secretary of State George Shultz and his deputy Paul Wolfowitz at the helm. They didn't like Marcos because he was uncooperative with the IMF, and that's why he had to go. "People's power" was a US-financed cover story for a coup by Gen. Fidel Ramos. Cardinal Sin earned his moniker as a front man for Ramos.

Ramos would have needed a hell of a front man, since he was merely a vice chief of staff and head of the constabulary (something like the national police). How did this guy get the whole Philippine army to defect, complete with most senior officers, which most of them did? Too bad Wolfowitz didn't run that kind of mental magic on Saddam's Iraq. Ramos was never Marcos' major military guy before the revolution-- he was a middle level functionary. How does the vice chief of staff run a coup around the chief of staff, without shooting him?? This is sort of like General Peter W. Chiarelli taking over the U.S. armed forces in a coup, and ousting Barack Obama. Who, you say? That's the point.

Ramos and the chief-of-staff Ver (who were cousins) got their jobs in the army because they were also related to Marcos. Ver was tied to Marcos, and Ramos less so (which is why Corazon Aquino asked him to head the military), but the rest of the military didn't have to pay any attention to either of them. They did because of Cardinal Sin and the previous murder of Aquino's husband (I suppose Washington engineered that, too?) and the incredible corruption of the Marcoses, which naturally you will hold had nothing to do with anything. Maybe Wolfowitiz sent Imelda shoes every week?

Ramos later served as president of the Philippines and was knighted by the Brits. No wonder LaRouche thinks he's in on the world conspiracy. hrmph.gif
+Quote Post
Milton Roe
post Sat 19th March 2011, 4:35pm
Post #44

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Sat 19th March 2011, 9:06am) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sat 19th March 2011, 3:15am) *

To answer the question asked by the topic title:

“Will Wikipedia Replace Your Kid's Teacher?”

No. Wikipedia does not contain any mechanism for teaching anything.

Thank you verra much.

Zoloft and All,

The title introduces the subject by way of a notorious and timely example, but the question is obviously much bigger than that.

I think that subsequent discussion, despite its divers digressions, has demonstrated the fundamental importance of that larger question.

So let's keep our eyes on the prize, and pry a bit deeper thereinto.

Jon Image

Ahem. The tone and scope of this thread was set by the first two posters, and here they are:

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Mon 7th March 2011, 10:52pm) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 8th March 2011, 12:35am) *

Obama has been hanging out with Bill and Melinda Gates cthulhu.gif , and other persons who really care about education. Their consensus seems to be that all those people who said that a high student-to-teacher ratio was harmful were wrong, and that we can really think about getting rid of a lot of those teachers and replacing them with on-line instruction. With increasing emphasis on drill-and-grill and other regressive educational techniques, does this not put Wikipedia in more significant role as an educational [ahem] resource?

I think this is just one more component of the Corporate Totalitarian Agenda, replacing everything that we have been accustomed to regard as the Public Sector with the Non-Representative Government of Privateerism.
I think a lot of people are being suckered into it out of sheer naivete, but the corporate con artists know perfectly well what they want and how they plan to get it.
Jon Awbrey

After which, the only people actually giving quantitative information about the "Public Sector with the Non-Representative Government of Privateerism" (Greg Kohs and myself) got split off into a parody religious thread, so you can have this one to yourself, with no figures at all. And behold, you're now the main contributor to this thread, with 25 of 46 posts, but none of them containing a single hard fact.

So, that's the last time I get caught up on one of your meta threads where the evidient meta-object is for you to meta play with yourself. I think you can enjoy THAT all by your lonesome, without having to count a single stroke. pinch.gif

QUOTE(Jon Awbrey @ Fri 18th March 2011, 11:22pm) *

And somewhat non-tangentially: as a meta-moderator, you meta-suck.
+Quote Post
Jon Awbrey
post Sat 19th March 2011, 5:24pm
Post #45

τὰ δέ μοι παθήματα μαθήματα γέγονε

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,619

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Milton,

I'm being as polite as I know how to be with you, partly because I'm beginning to suspect that you may in real life be my own dear Goobernator, Richard the Nerd, in addition to being a Sockateur of HK, but frankly and ernestly I'm done with your Rushoid Ripofflichem Rants.

Now, I'm really busy in real life, to coin a phrase, so I'll give the matter a few days of sleeping on it, but my current thinking is to move those other tangents back into the Political Religion Forum where you wonky wanker Boys' Staters can circle jerk yourselves into the Usual States of Blissfully Ignorant Nirvana. When and if that happens you humorless twits can negotiate with the Kinder Gentler Mods for titulary designations more bespitting your glorious self-image.

One final word on the subject of statistics. I know the use of statistics in science, and I know the use of statistics in junior high school debating clubs, and I know which one I'm looking at when you haul out your old shoebox of newspaper clippings.

Hint. It's that second thing.

Jon Awbrey
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th 4 14, 12:35pm