Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "aggressive trolling not welcome here"
thekohser
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 2:52am
Post #21

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 911

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Thu 1st December 2011, 4:22pm) *

Without going on a link hunt to Kohsland, does Jimbo make north of a million annually, round estimates?

You are one lazy putz, that you can't take 6 minutes to get your own answer, when it's been laid out for you in news article form, written at about a 10th grade reading level. Remind me that "cookiehead" need not get answers from me again, even though his heart is in the right place.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tarc
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 2:57am
Post #22

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,309

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 1st December 2011, 3:50pm) *
Or, you may contact your National Wiki Examiner at ResearchBiz (at) gmail.com to obtain the complete PDF file electronically, for a small processing fee.

Am I reading this right, that the half-minute it'd take you to attach a file to an e-mail and hit 'send' is an action you charge people for?

This post has been edited by Tarc: Fri 2nd December 2011, 2:57am
+Quote Post
cookiehead
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 2:57am
Post #23

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 23,420

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 1st December 2011, 9:52pm) *

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Thu 1st December 2011, 4:22pm) *

Without going on a link hunt to Kohsland, does Jimbo make north of a million annually, round estimates?

You are one lazy putz, that you can't take 6 minutes to get your own answer, when it's been laid out for you in news article form, written at about a 10th grade reading level. Remind me that "cookiehead" need not get answers from me again, even though his heart is in the right place.

Not lazy, just don't want to click on your site. Nothing personal, Greggers. Just WikiBizness. I'll ask Rachel how big Jimbo is.
+Quote Post
Alison
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 3:07am
Post #24

Skinny Cow!

Member No.: 1,806

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Thu 1st December 2011, 6:57pm) *

Not lazy, just don't want to click on your site. Nothing personal, Greggers. Just WikiBizness. I'll ask Rachel how big Jimbo is.

Just use one of the many zillions of proxies already. Sorted!
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:00am
Post #25

QUOTE(cookiehead @ Thu 1st December 2011, 9:57pm) *

Examiner.com isn't really "my site".

Jimbo's net worth is about $470,000. But by not going to the links I gave you, you're missing out on the cool stuff; like, which former Web 2.0 CEO does Jimbo owe a $30,000 personal loan?
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:05am
Post #26

QUOTE(Tarc @ Thu 1st December 2011, 9:57pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 1st December 2011, 3:50pm) *
Or, you may contact your National Wiki Examiner at ResearchBiz (at) gmail.com to obtain the complete PDF file electronically, for a small processing fee.

Am I reading this right, that the half-minute it'd take you to attach a file to an e-mail and hit 'send' is an action you charge people for?

It is when the PDF file cost me hard-earned money and time and coordination with a gopher in Florida. The PDF didn't just magically appear, you know. Obtaining the PDF from me, one would be paying a very small fraction of what I laid out, and it's a much more convenient solution than getting one's self to Pinellas County and paying a clerk $1 per page for photocopies.

Not to mention, by charging a fee, it helps me weed out the pseudonymous and snarky free culture hipsters who aren't willing to disclose to me that they're obtaining this document.

Not all information wants to be free as in beer.

This post has been edited by thekohser: Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:09am
+Quote Post
Cla68
post Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:52am
Post #27

Postmaster

Member No.: 5,761

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:00am) *

Jimbo's net worth is about $470,000. But by not going to the links I gave you, you're missing out on the cool stuff; like, which former Web 2.0 CEO does Jimbo owe a $30,000 personal loan?

With that kind of net worth, you can see that Jimbo may struggle a little to keep up the level of lifestyle that he wants to live. So, likely for that reason he milks the "I am Wikipedia" for all its worth.
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Mon 5th December 2011, 4:37pm
Post #28

QUOTE(Cla68 @ Thu 1st December 2011, 11:52pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Fri 2nd December 2011, 4:00am) *

With that kind of net worth, you can see that Jimbo may struggle a little to keep up the level of lifestyle that he wants to live. So, likely for that reason he milks the "I am Wikipedia" for all its worth.

Note for posterity...

Jimmy Wales likely was referring to this post by Cla68 as "disgusting, juvenile, and insulting" speculation.

Thing is, the $470,000 figure and the $30,000 personal loan to former CEO of Wikia, Gil Penchina, are not "speculation". They are actual numbers drawn from public legal records submitted by Wales to the Pinellas County court system. Interpreting Cla68's comments as "speculation"? Okay. That they are disgusting or juvenile or insulting? Not so much.
+Quote Post
Eppur si muove
post Sat 17th December 2011, 8:17pm
Post #29

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 9,171

Here is what must be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Successive votes on an AFD by Jimbo and Cla86 with both agreeing on delete.
+Quote Post
Herschelkrustofsky
post Sat 17th December 2011, 9:35pm
Post #30

Group: Members
Member No.: 130

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Eppur si muove @ Sat 17th December 2011, 12:17pm) *

Here is what must be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Successive votes on an AFD by Jimbo and Cla86 with both agreeing on delete.

In a case like this, you have to wonder about the possible sociopathology of the editors who voted to keep.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th 10 14, 5:25pm