> Ashley Van Haeften, Commons admin?
carbuncle
post Thu 5th January 2012, 3:59pm
Post #121

Fat Cat

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 5,544

QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 5th January 2012, 3:34pm) *

You know what, though? Delicious and Fred will eventually be unblocked, but Ashley will still be the Wikimedia UK trustee who put his bare, chained-up ass out on the Internet. That will be true forever.

Delicious carbuncle was only blocked for a few hours. The blocking admin relented. (They still haven't undone their rev deletions, yet.) I expect that Delicious carbuncle will be blocked again shortly. wink.gif

This post has been edited by carbuncle: Thu 5th January 2012, 4:00pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Thu 5th January 2012, 4:28pm
Post #122

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Thu 5th January 2012, 10:59am) *

You know what, though? Delicious and Fred will eventually be unblocked, but Ashley will still be the Wikimedia UK trustee who put his bare, chained-up ass out on the Internet. That will be true forever.

Delicious carbuncle was only blocked for a few hours. The blocking admin relented. (They still haven't undone their rev deletions, yet.) I expect that Delicious carbuncle will be blocked again shortly. wink.gif

FTW? blink.gif
+Quote Post
Fusion
post Thu 5th January 2012, 9:02pm
Post #123

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 71,526

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 5th January 2012, 4:28pm) *

FTW? blink.gif

Guess who said "WR is quite a hostile place and it can be quite unfair"?

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Thu 5th January 2012, 1:53pm) *

First, Fae had Delicious carbuncle blocked:

Now, Fae had "Fred the Oyster" blocked:

Either there is a risk of future harassment by these editors, in which case the blocks should have been indefinite, or they are punitive rather than preventive. How many guesses do you need to come up with the right answer? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
SB_Johnny
post Thu 5th January 2012, 9:06pm
Post #124

It wasn't me who made honky-tonk angels

Member No.: 8,272

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Fusion @ Thu 5th January 2012, 4:02pm) *

QUOTE(SB_Johnny @ Thu 5th January 2012, 4:28pm) *

FTW? blink.gif

Guess who said "WR is quite a hostile place and it can be quite unfair"?

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Thu 5th January 2012, 1:53pm) *

First, Fae had Delicious carbuncle blocked:

Now, Fae had "Fred the Oyster" blocked:

Either there is a risk of future harassment by these editors, in which case the blocks should have been indefinite, or they are punitive rather than preventive. How many guesses do you need to come up with the right answer? biggrin.gif

I'm for option 3: just a circling of the wagons to protect a prominent member of the new cabal. dry.gif
+Quote Post
lilburne
post Thu 5th January 2012, 10:13pm
Post #125

Chameleon

Member No.: 21,803

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Lets not forget the naked kid photo on his user page. One to be kept in reserve ... or sent to the Daily Mail.

+Quote Post
EricBarbour
post Thu 5th January 2012, 10:30pm
Post #126

blah

Member No.: 5,066

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Rd232: just another useful idiot.

(They've got plenty of those.)
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Wed 11th January 2012, 12:57am
Post #127

Über Member

Member No.: 24,428

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Looks like Fae is picking a fight with Pieter Kuiper.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...Peter_Damian.3F:

Fae confuses Pieter Kuiper with Peter Damian.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=64868461:

You are blatantly image stalking me. Stop. This is at best creepy and if it continues is likely to be seen as harassment. --[[User:Fæ|Fæ]] ([[User talk:Fæ|<span class="signature-talk">talk</span>]]) 10:57, 6 January 2012 (UTC)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=65154098:

Please do not remove bot histories from images, this is not to the benefit of Commons. You have done this to several images for no clear reason. --[[User:Fæ|Fæ]] ([[User talk:Fæ|<span class="signature-talk">talk</span>]]) 18:43, 10 January 2012 (UTC)

Note: I'm not "canvassing"; I'm taking note of what I believe to be an emerging pattern in Fae's behavior. The latest issue that Fae brought up appears to be so trivial (perhaps meriting a revert and an edit summary, but not a talk page warning) that one has to wonder whether Fae is confronting Pieter for the sake of having a confrontation.
+Quote Post
thekohser
post Wed 11th January 2012, 4:20am
Post #128

Member No.: 911

Van Haeften strikes me as putting on a false image of being feeble and cowardly. I don't know what the word is that would describe that, but it's what I'm seeing.

This post has been edited by thekohser: Wed 11th January 2012, 4:17pm
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Wed 11th January 2012, 4:31pm
Post #129

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Wed 11th January 2012, 12:57am) *

Note: I'm not "canvassing"; I'm taking note of what I believe to be an emerging pattern in Fae's behavior. The latest issue that Fae brought up appears to be so trivial (perhaps meriting a revert and an edit summary, but not a talk page warning) that one has to wonder whether Fae is confronting Pieter for the sake of having a confrontation.

It is a time-honoured WP tactic to attack anyone who is making you look bad, in hopes that they will be blocked or told to stop "interacting" with you. Pieter Kuiper has raised a number of issues with Fæ's image uploads that have called into question Fæ's understanding of copyright. There has also been a suggestion that OTRS volunteers are uncritically accepting claims from anyone with an email address. I am shocked!
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Wed 11th January 2012, 4:50pm
Post #130

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Wed 11th January 2012, 11:31am) *

It is a time-honoured WP tactic to attack anyone who is making you look bad, in hopes that they will be blocked or told to stop "interacting" with you. Pieter Kuiper has raised a number of issues with Fæ's image uploads that have called into question Fæ's understanding of copyright. There has also been a suggestion that OTRS volunteers are uncritically accepting claims from anyone with an email address. I am shocked!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...ship_of_uploads

Pieter shouldn't have brought the issue to AN/U. Fae's responses on AN/U are better than the ones Fae offered on Pieter's talk page. This might blow up in Pieter's face. Pieter should've had the issue small and confined to his talk page. Escalation doesn't work.

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez: Wed 11th January 2012, 4:56pm
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Wed 11th January 2012, 5:22pm
Post #131

Fat Cat

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Wed 11th January 2012, 4:50pm) *

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Wed 11th January 2012, 11:31am) *

Pieter shouldn't have brought the issue to AN/U. Fae's responses on AN/U are better than the ones Fae offered on Pieter's talk page. This might blow up in Pieter's face. Pieter should've had the issue small and confined to his talk page. Escalation doesn't work.

So you're saying we should all head over there to make comments about Fæ? And blocked and banned users should create sockpuppets for that purpose? And that any comments there critical of Fæ should be attributed to WR members?
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Wed 11th January 2012, 6:16pm
Post #132

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Wed 11th January 2012, 12:22pm) *

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Wed 11th January 2012, 4:50pm) *

So you're saying we should all head over there to make comments about Fæ? And blocked and banned users should create sockpuppets for that purpose? And that any comments there critical of Fæ should be attributed to WR members?

I believe that you're joking, but here's a serious answer anyway for visitors who might be confused or who might not be catching on: No, I'm saying that Pieter should've kept this conflict contained and between Fae and himself, which is the exact opposite of advocating interference. Since Pieter went to AN/U, we now have cries of "stalking" / "wikihounding".

This post has been edited by Michaeldsuarez: Wed 11th January 2012, 6:19pm
+Quote Post
Michaeldsuarez
post Sun 22nd January 2012, 1:39pm
Post #133

Über Member

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Michaeldsuarez @ Tue 10th January 2012, 7:57pm) *

Looks like Fae is picking a fight with Pieter Kuiper.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...Peter_Damian.3F:

Fae confuses Pieter Kuiper with Peter Damian.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=64868461:

You are blatantly image stalking me. Stop. This is at best creepy and if it continues is likely to be seen as harassment. --[[User:Fæ|Fæ]] ([[User talk:Fæ|<span class="signature-talk">talk</span>]]) 10:57, 6 January 2012 (UTC)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=65154098:

Please do not remove bot histories from images, this is not to the benefit of Commons. You have done this to several images for no clear reason. --[[User:Fæ|Fæ]] ([[User talk:Fæ|<span class="signature-talk">talk</span>]]) 18:43, 10 January 2012 (UTC)

The pattern I've observed has continued:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...&oldid=65652695

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?t...Pak_is_a_source
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd 11 14, 7:47pm