Über Member

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 15,651

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(It's the blimp, Frank @ Sat 3rd March 2012, 11:07pm) *

QUOTE(EricBarbour @ Sun 4th March 2012, 4:12am) *

I captured it before P-man showed up:
User:PaoloNapolitano/Wikipedia Review user list From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He seems to have missed the Arbcom people. Must have slipped his mind.

Nah, he had a few of them on there.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lilburne
post Sun 4th March 2012, 10:44am
Post #62

Chameleon

Group: Contributors
Member No.: 21,803

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

indef block, overturned by Ashley.
+Quote Post
Selina
post Sun 4th March 2012, 11:47am
Post #63

Cat herder

Group: Staffy
Member No.: 1

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Because whoever reported it is a bloody idiot and should have told her to report it instead, they aren't treating it as seriously because of the messenger -.-
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Sun 4th March 2012, 12:08pm
Post #64

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,544

Just to keep this all together, PaoloNapolitano took an image from singer Amie Miriello's MySpace page, uploaded it to Commons claiming it is their own work, placed it on their user page, and put a caption under it claiming it is "Me and my girlfriend". They were eventually indef blocked for this by Salvio giuliano, but made the following unblock request:
I made a mistake. The image was deleted within 10 minutes per own request and an indef block, with no previous blocks seems harsh. I have almost 1000 constructive contributions to Wikipedia, and I repeat, I apologise, I made a mistake. PaoloNapolitano 09:50, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
While it is true that the image was deleted within minutes of their fraud being exposed, it had been there the better part of a month.
+Quote Post
Selina
post Sun 4th March 2012, 12:19pm
Post #65

Cat herder

Group: Staffy
Member No.: 1

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

OH "I made a mistake" that's ok then as in he made "a little oopsy" in not quite realising he was stealing the photo of someone else? Scumbag... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

You shouldn't have reported it, it's obvious he's getting away with it now because it was someone that Wikipedia Review reported it, especially given that you say it was "Fæ / Fae" who unblocked? whom you previously discovered also deliberately deceived people that he was someone else? Talk about conflict of interest...

This post has been edited by Selina: Sun 4th March 2012, 12:41pm
+Quote Post
radek
post Sun 4th March 2012, 3:31pm
Post #66

Über Member

Member No.: 15,651

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Sun 4th March 2012, 6:08am) *

Just to keep this all together, PaoloNapolitano took an image from singer Amie Miriello's MySpace page, uploaded it to Commons claiming it is their own work, placed it on their user page, and put a caption under it claiming it is "Me and my girlfriend". They were eventually indef blocked for this by Salvio giuliano, but made the following unblock request:
I made a mistake. The image was deleted within 10 minutes per own request and an indef block, with no previous blocks seems harsh. I have almost 1000 constructive contributions to Wikipedia, and I repeat, I apologise, I made a mistake. PaoloNapolitano 09:50, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
While it is true that the image was deleted within minutes of their fraud being exposed, it had been there the better part of a month.

Am I crazy or is it plain obvious that Fae has a huggggeeee COI here? Maybe not directly, but obviously. PN was targeting DC, whom Fae doesn't like, hence PN is useful for Fae, and so Fae unblocked him.

Just like the good ol' days, ey?
+Quote Post
Alex D
post Tue 6th March 2012, 8:13pm
Post #67

Neophyte

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,688

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

Well 'Paolo' has been indefinitely blocked as a serial troll, and can only appeal to the Arbitration Committee.
+Quote Post
Zoloft
post Tue 6th March 2012, 10:23pm
Post #68

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

QUOTE(Alex D @ Tue 6th March 2012, 12:13pm) *

Well 'Paolo' has been indefinitely blocked as a serial troll, and can only appeal to the Arbitration Committee.

Welcome to the Review, Alex.
+Quote Post
Sydney Bluegum
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 9:41am
Post #69

Neophyte

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,786

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(radek @ Sun 12th February 2012, 4:07am) *

QUOTE(melloden @ Sat 11th February 2012, 10:00pm) *

QUOTE(Zoloft @ Sun 12th February 2012, 1:36am) *

PaoloNapolitano continues his crusade against Wikipedia Review by taking me, a mere mouse, to the dramaboards.

Result? People accuse me of being less than collegial. Well, maybe. I'm willing to listen to criticism. I'll use less vinegar and more buzz words next time. Wikipedians love buzz words!

PaoloNapolitano: join us here and see we're not all evil.

Maybe I'm being a little too much of a Wikipedia-game-player, but it seems that PaoloNapolitano has a suspiciously experienced start.

Aside from those curiously deleted edits, isn't this a tad peculiar for a new user? He knows the lingo pretty well too.

Oh, definitely in the "sock, just don't know whose sock" category.

PaoloNapolitano is a sock of Richard Reames: creator of the word Arborsculpture. For almost 20 years he has been promoting this word. His only claim to fame.

I’ve been watching and talking to Richard Reames and his team at Tree shaping talk. I’m end user of wikipedia and come to tree shaping to find out more about shaping trees. I’m now banned.

PaoloNapolitano was created during a discussion about whether or not the word Arborsculpture should be in the lead, of Tree Shaping article. He editing shows from the start he is an experienced editor.
Within days of starting he was trying to get some form of authority http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=416097671
And through out the rest of his editing he is clearly trying to build a platform of authority.
Just one example
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=418428969
All of Richards socks have edits that they can’t help but do on the Tree shaping and related articles. Message me for more details.

PaoloNapolitano shows his hand by attacking the word Pooktre which Richard sees as a rival to Arborsculpture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arb...PaoloNapolitano
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=430974829
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Bla...rchive2#Pooktre
Please note how he talks to Blackash co-creator of the word Pooktre. PaoloNapolitano doesn’t talk to anyone else like this.

PaoloNapolitano is not a serial troll, it’s clearly just a rental portal for trolls.

Why is it so importation to Richard to have the title Arborsculpture on a wiki article about the whole art form?
It gives him immortality for ever, if an artform is named by him.
Build himself up and rip down anyone else who may be a rival.
He is the creator of the word arborsculpture and he uses it to name the whole art form that he himself is a very poor practitioner in. So he needs the authority of others’ work. How best to do that, go to the source of where media checks and make sure his word arborsculpture is the one.

Editors who are either socks or meats or paid advocates for Arborsculpture
Reames (self outed as Richard Reames)
Slowart (self outed as Reams) Slowart stated it seems it the most insanely persistent will win.
Martin Hobin (obsessive about changing the title to arborsculpture and chasing away or getting editors banned who disagree. )
Colincbn (smarter by still circles around the same issues)
Johnuniq (editor who comes in and helps Martin Hobin or Colincbn out of answering content questions by attacking the other editors behaviour)
Duff (edits on tree shaping and related articles and make massive changes unlike his editing style on any other topic and the way he talks is also unlike their comment in other areas)
Griseum (sock - the bad hand)

JohnChrysostom/ JohnChrysostom (newest sock who would have been the one proposing the new changes) who is now engaged on the tree shaping article.
PaoloNapolitano ( sock of Richards, was trying to become an admin would have supported John suggestion to changes.) Tree shaping is under sanctions

They all end up around the same issues. JohnChrysostom since editing tree shaping his whole editing style is changing.

If you want to catch him just talk to him in one of the many languages he is expert in. To answer he will probably use babel fish which ‘gives really bad translations.

Why would this editor create a new page called tree sculpture (no refs for this term) and then redirected to tree shaping. An uninvolved editor wouldn’t understand the significance.

+Quote Post
Zoloft
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 10:32am
Post #70

May we all find solace in our dreams.

Member No.: 16,621

That is a fascinating catalog of how weird involved editing can become.

Thank you very much.

Reames should join the Knights of Ni (T-H-L-K-D).

From now on I shall forever eschew the word 'arborsculpture' and use 'shrubbery' instead.
+Quote Post
carbuncle
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 1:34pm
Post #71

Fat Cat

Member No.: 5,544

I have not been posting here because of a couple of concerns about the site itself, but I am going to pop in just to set the record straight.

PaoloNapolitano is not the sockpuppet of the person named. They are a long-time serial troll who likely has no interest in tree shaping, but they are good at spotting drama-magnets. Selina was correct when she earlier named them as Fluttershy, although she didn't make a very convincing case for it.

Returning to lurking now.
+Quote Post
Text
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 2:11pm
Post #72

Member No.: 15,107

I have not been posting here because of a couple of concerns about the site itself, but I am going to pop in just to set the record straight.

You're now posting on a spin-off of YTMND+*chan,you should not care if Selina is yet another middle aged Brit with weird fetishes (if that is included in the couple of concerns). This site lost its informational value as the entropic factor approaches progressively higher levels.

+Quote Post
Web Fred
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 2:15pm
Post #73

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Text @ Mon 23rd April 2012, 3:11pm) *

You're now posting on a spin-off of YTMND+*chan,you should not care if Selina is yet another middle aged Brit with weird fetishes (if that is included in the couple of concerns). This site lost its informational value as the entropic factor approaches progressively higher levels.

Much as I love the taste of pussy and indulging in fetishes, I think you are now starting to take the piss and making a bad situation worse.

Or is that your intention?
+Quote Post
Text
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 2:29pm
Post #74

Much as I love the taste of pussy and indulging in fetishes, I think you are now starting to take the piss and making a bad situation worse.

Are you a civil servant?
+Quote Post
Web Fred
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 3:24pm
Post #75

Pervert & Swinger

Member No.: 17,141

WP user page - talk
check - contribs

QUOTE(Text @ Mon 23rd April 2012, 3:29pm) *

Are you a civil servant?

No, I'm a very uncivil servant...cunt!
+Quote Post
Text
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 5:27pm
Post #76

No, I'm a very uncivil servant...cunt!

+Quote Post
Fusion
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 7:30pm
Post #77

Member No.: 71,526

QUOTE(carbuncle @ Mon 23rd April 2012, 2:34pm) *

Firstly, we should welcome Sydney.

Secondly, what is the problem with the site? It is as good a place to post legitimate criticism of Wikipedia as anywhere, and better than some places.
+Quote Post
Text
post Mon 23rd April 2012, 10:43pm
Post #78

Firstly, we should welcome Sydney.

Oh, ok. Welcome, Sydney! This is a metaphorical sample of what you will find on the free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and on this site originally created for reviewing said free encyclopedia! Make sure you're not at work, though! http://dagobah.biz/flash/isthiswhatyouwant.swf
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-   Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th 7 14, 8:16am