Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SlimVirgin ¤ A Rich But Persistently Outlying Xample (ARBPOX)
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Jonny Cache
Dynamic Page —

SlimVirgin ¤ A Rich But Persistent Outliar Xample (ARBPOX)

SlimVirgin is the name of a user account with the English Wikipedia that is currently marked as an administrator account.

It's a pretty fair bet that the account name SlimVirgin indexes an editorial impact on the English Wikipedia that lies far ouside the norms of editorial impact for all accounts there, administrator or otherwise. Of course, that is an empirical question and cannot be answered without (1) defining the terms of evaluation and (2) collecting data that are adequate to determine the answer.

Modus operandi

Note. SlimVirgin is notable for achieving multiple violations in a single edit, so many of the items enumerated below may be found under several categories. In the fullness of time, as the data accumulate, a multiple response data model may be developed.

Deceptive edit lines

Definition. This category covers all varieties of misinformative data on edit lines, including edit lines improperly marked as "minor" and the omission of descriptive data from non-minor edits.
  1. 07 Sep 2006, UTC 06:35, SlimVirgin deletes, w/o edit line, a post by Jon Awbrey to Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research
  2. 10 Sep 2006, UTC 14:50, SlimVirgin deletes, w/o edit line, for the 2nd time, and deceptively marked as "minor", a post by Jon Awbrey to Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research
Deleting or reverting other editors' discussion points
  1. 27 Aug 2006, UTC 03:58, SlimVirgin reverts post by Jon Awbrey to Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research
  2. 27 Aug 2006, UTC 04:01, SlimVirgin moves post by Jon Awbrey from Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research to User Talk : Jon Awbrey.
  3. 07 Sep 2006, UTC 06:35, SlimVirgin deletes, w/o edit line, a post by Jon Awbrey to Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research
  4. 10 Sep 2006, UTC 14:50, SlimVirgin deletes, w/o edit line, for the 2nd time, and deceptively marked as "minor", a post by Jon Awbrey to Wikipedia Talk : No Original Research
  5. 08 Feb 2007, UTC 08:05, SlimVirgin moves an entire subpage of a policy talk page, "Wikipedia talk:No original research/Historical datapoints", to a user subpage, "User:Jon Awbrey/NOR historical datapoints"
False testimony

Definition. Making false statements about matters of fact, including facts about other participants in the project. This includes making ostensibly uninformed statements in cases where due diligence and a modicum of respect for the verifiability of one's statements would easily bring the required information to light.
  1. 07 Sep 2006, UTC 00:29, Testimony in Kangaroo Court proceedings against Jon Awbrey, "I'm not aware of any useful edits he makes …" — Jon Awbrey had 13,000 edits at the time.
Point of view warring

Policy warping

Definition. Policy warping, as it affects sourced research, is the practice of aggressively altering policies and guidelines on sourced research to suit a pet point of view or a preferential theory of sourced research. Policy warping by Wikipedia Administrators has typically involved eliminating from the project any users who object to the warp.

Wikipedia Policy : No Original Research

General InformationIncidents of AbuseTagteaming

Definition. Tagteaming is a strategy analogous in effect to campaigning or meatpuppeteering, except that it involves a far more serious abuse of power, in that Wikipedia Administrators in positions of trust pool their tools in a prejudicial manner to squash the good faith contributions and discussion points of other administrators, editors, and users.
  1. 08 Feb 2007, UTC 08:06, SlimVirgin deletes the redirect created in the process of her "moving" the Policy Talk Page "Wikipedia talk:No original research/Historical datapoints" to "User:Jon Awbrey/NOR historical datapoints". This was actually a net deletion since the final draft of this page was already in the user space.
  2. 28 Mar 2007, UTC 21:51, Jayjg deletes the redirect created in the process of his "moving" the Policy Talk Page "Wikipedia talk:No original research/Historical datapoints" to "User:Jon Awbrey/NOR historical datapoints".
  3. 26 Jun 2007, UTC 17:36, SlimVirgin deletes the redirect restored by another editor.
User talk page Blitzkrieg

Definition. This category of abuse refers to the practice of attacking users on their talk pages in retaliation for disputing the principal's position in article or policy space.
  1. 27 Aug 2006, UTC 02:53, SlimVirgin on User Talk : Jon Awbrey.
  2. 27 Aug 2006, UTC 04:01, SlimVirgin on User Talk : Jon Awbrey.
Violations of Wikipedia's Five PillarsNote. The current version of any Wikipedia policy or guideline may differ considerably from the version that was in effect at the time of the alleged abuse. Please check the contemporaneous listings for the applicable letter of the policy or guideline in question.

Peremptory deletes and reverts of good faith edits
  1. 10 Mar 2007, UTC 09:54, SlimVirgin on Charles Peirce, Reverts 3 months worth of edits by numerous editors based on the ''prima facie'' absurd and subsequently proven false charge that all of these edits were made by a single banned user

Known associates

Jayjg
Jonny Cache
Workspace —

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 5th July 2007, 6:36am) *

User talk page Blitzkrieg

Definition. This category of abuse refers to the practice of attacking users on their talk pages in retaliation for disputing the principal's position in article or policy space.

That link is worth mention for the language twisting and crimes against reasoned discourse and honest process it contains. In WP dispute resolution is something you do against somebody else. In this instance the form dispute resolution takes is insisting that you refrain from participating in the discussion. How reasonable.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Thu 12th July 2007, 8:40pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 5th July 2007, 6:36am) *

User Talk Page Blitzkrieg

That link is worth mention for the language twisting and crimes against reasoned discourse and honest process it contains. In WP dispute resolution is something you do against somebody else. In this instance the form dispute resolution takes is insisting that you refrain from participating in the discussion. How reasonable.

Consider where I was in my so-called Wikipedia Life. From inception on 20 Dec 2005 to this rather rude slap on the wiki-phanny is a gestation period of just 8¼ months, so I was not so much a nubie as a premie at this time. My previous 1 or 2 encounters with SlimVirgin — and of course I could have no clue just WHO she thought she was — had been positive moments where I found her supporting my arguments on some triki wikit of the Oh So Subtle Doctrine Of Wikipedism. But I had been within shouting distance of enough other admins to see this same trick being pulled many times, so I was nowhere near the total naif that she obviously thought I was. Not like the extra experience does anything but prolong the inevitable.

The epithet Blitzkrieg, or Lightning War, will naturally sound like a not so mellow dramatic hyperbole. It will sound that way to anyone — anyone who hasn't experienced its fury.

The natural response of the unwashed n00b to the awesome shock of being attacked in this very personal way on one's own home ground will almost always be to react with indignant self-defense.

Singin' —

Bye, Bye, Noobie, Goodbye ...

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.