Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sarah inadvertently confesses
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Daniel Brandt
Now we have it from the Queen of Blocks herself. It turns out that her brilliant linguistic analyses have saved the day even though CheckUser is increasingly useless. This was found on User_talk:Jimbo_Wales:

User:Dotan is him too. Zeph, what you have to understand is that long before anyone had check-user access, we had to work out who the sockpuppets were based on posts alone. That experience has produced exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills. I'd give it up if I were you. SlimVirgin (talk) 03:55, 7 May 2006 (UTC)
FORUM Image.FORUM Image
everyking
QUOTE(Hush_This @ Sun 7th May 2006, 8:35pm) *

QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 7th May 2006, 4:23pm) *

Now we have it from the Queen of Blocks herself. It turns out that her brilliant linguistic analyses have saved the day even though CheckUser is increasingly useless. This was found on User_talk:Jimbo_Wales:

before anyone had check-user access, we had to work out who the sockpuppets were based on posts alone. That experience has produced exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills. I'd give it up if I were you. SlimVirgin (talk) 03:55, 7 May 2006 (UTC)

That sounds awful similar to a claim that "I can always tell a 'n****' by the way they talk." I wager their "exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills" are supported by no documentation or taxonomy whatsoever but instead rely entirely on presumptions, intuition and prejudice of the so-called analyst.

Yeah, this is what they call "common sense". It tends to produce evidence that matches the desired result. I've always warned against putting too much stock in ambiguities, especially when you are relying on particular individuals (rather than collective deliberation) to evaluate them.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 7th May 2006, 4:23pm) *

User:Dotan is him too. Zeph, what you have to understand is that long before anyone had check-user access, we had to work out who the sockpuppets were based on posts alone. That experience has produced exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills. I'd give it up if I were you. SlimVirgin (talk) 03:55, 7 May 2006 (UTC)

This is priceless. In POV warfare, accusations of sockpuppetry are always SlimVirgin's first line of defense. You can see in this exchange from the Admins' incident board, that SV segues effortlessly from accusing BirdsOfFire of being a sockpuppet, to accusing him to being a "meatpuppet," to finally just a LaRouche fellow traveller. It is clear that there never was any evidence at any stage of the game, beyond SV's "linguistic skills." But that alone was sufficient to get BirdsOfFire, a new editor, permanently banned.

Given SlimVirgin's readiness to accuse any and all opponents of being sockpuppets, I surmise that she must have more than a few herself. Sean Black? Will Beback?

Cheers, HK
blissyu2
List of Slim Virgin sock puppets/meat puppets:

* Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters
* Jayjg
* Sean Black
* Will Beback
* Grace Note (of late at least)

Any others?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.