Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SlimVirgin in black
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
LamontStormstar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SV-in-black.png

The drawing has a similar hairstyle to the Linda Mack picture. Also there's the poodle.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=148221264
Daniel Brandt
I like the dark glasses on both her and the poodle. Is that a Walther PPK behind that shoulder bulge? (for those you who don't read novels, James Bond had one)
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 31st July 2007, 9:32pm) *

The drawing has a similar hairstyle to the Linda Mack picture. Also there's the poodle.

Also see http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=148221264

Love it. It does seem to indicate her morale is still rather high. I would think this undermines any claims she might make of harassment, as it is a something of a taunt. "Catch me if you can." Not the same as "I had an actual and reasonable fear." It is amazing how many people making such taunts actually get caught. It is GFDL so we can use it for the cover of the book. That would be kind of ironic, don't you think SlimVirgin?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 11:46pm) *

I like the dark glasses on both her and the poodle. Is that a Walther PPK behind that shoulder bulge? (for those you who don't read novels, James Bond had one)

COISES !!! Outed Again !!!

Name Redacted cool.gif
License to Chill #007
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 31st July 2007, 9:57pm) *

Name Redacted cool.gif
License to Chill #007

The poodle is chillin too. Can poodles be familiars?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 1st August 2007, 12:02am) *

Name Redacted cool.gif
License to Chill #007

I dunno — Is that Mephistopheles in those Fauster Grants ???

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:08pm) *

Name Redacted cool.gif
License to Chill #007

Jonny cool.gif

Or maybe an intelligence handler in charge of running Linda.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 1st August 2007, 12:12am) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:08pm) *

Name Redacted cool.gif
License to Chill #007

Jonny cool.gif

Or maybe an intelligence handler in charge of running Linda.

Calls to mind Mr. Wikipeabody, his girl Sarah, and their Sway.Bak Machine …

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:20pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

FORUM ImageFORUM Image

Could it be? SlimVirgin is Nathan?

Notice that a CRT is always shown above the familiar's head. This is from the Vedic texts indicating all seeing eye that transcends time. Sunglasses serve the same purpose in APIB pic.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 1st August 2007, 12:36am) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:20pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

FORUM ImageFORUM Image

Could it be? SlimVirgin is Nathan?

May be ...
  1. SlimVirgin clearly spends a lot of time indoors.
  2. "Nathan" is "Nah-Tan" spelled backwards.
That about sews it up for me.

Jonny cool.gif
Nathan
Oh, hell no.
blissyu2
Agreed. We should copy the picture before it gets deleted:

FORUM Image

Hmm. I can't seem to post the image here. Why not?

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 1st August 2007, 2:32pm) *

Yes. Any animal can be, or indeed even other people can be. Assuming that you believe that familiars are real.

Cats are the traditional (and typical) choice as a familiar, primarily because cats can see the underworld, and in Egyptian mythology they are the guardians of the underworld. In other words, cats have some control over undead spirits. This makes them superior to other animals in that sense. However, cats are generally incredibly difficult to communicate with, and they hate taking orders, so that makes things quite tricky.

Dogs are very useful as a familiar because like cats they can see the underworld, but unlike cats they can't control it (they simply bark, which doesn't do much to scare away the ghost, it just alerts you to it). Some people however like to be made aware of spirits (good or evil, the dog will distinguish between them) and then control them by themselves, hence preferring dogs over cats. Also dogs, unlike cats, generally understand human speech, making communication much easier, and they also love to take orders.

As for a breed of dog, I am not aware of any particular preference. Whilst you typically don't hear of a poodle as a familiar, I can't see any reason why not. If you weren't very good at witchcraft, then you probably would want a dog as a familiar. And why not have a poodle?
jdrand
Looks like a spy to me, go figure..., its LindaMcEwanSarahMack.
Somey
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Wed 1st August 2007, 12:05am) *
Hmm. I can't seem to post the image here. Why not?

Well, naturally, because this version is nicer:

FORUM Image
Daniel Brandt
We should copy the picture before it gets deleted

As created by SlimVirgin on 2007-07-31:

FORUM Image

As interpreted by her fans on Wikipedia Review on 2007-07-31:

FORUM Image
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(Somey @ Wed 1st August 2007, 5:20am) *

Well, naturally, because this version is nicer:

FORUM Image

is she in Iowa? ohmy.gif
Somey
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Wed 1st August 2007, 2:20am) *
is she in Iowa? ohmy.gif

Well, that goes without saying!

That's the "giant laser" behind her, of course. Once the biofeedback lifeforce energy-draining devices are installed on Wikipedians' computers all over the globe, there will finally be enough power to fire the weapon at its intended target, which of course is the Moon. So that finally, after all these years, the western intelligence agencies will deliver on their long-promised goal to blow up the Moon.

Unless it's a New Moon on the night in question, in which case they won't be able to see it, and will have to aim the "giant laser" at Nebraska.

The problem with Nebraska, though, is that it's completely flat, and nobody will be able to tell if the "giant laser" actually succeeded in destroying it, even with high-resolution satellite imagery...

Y'know, it just occurred to me that this particular gag is already two paragraphs longer than it should have been.
anthony
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 1st August 2007, 3:32am) *

OK, that's funny. And what'll be even funnier is if she removes all evidence of the image and then claims Wikipedia Review made the whole thing up.
blissyu2
QUOTE(anthony @ Wed 1st August 2007, 10:20pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 1st August 2007, 3:32am) *

OK, that's funny. And what'll be even funnier is if she removes all evidence of the image and then claims Wikipedia Review made the whole thing up.

The funny thing is that the oversighted edits to protect SlimVirgin's privacy were made by SlimVirgin herself. They were written by SlimVirgin. Some of them were such things as her first ever complaint about another user, her using the admin noticeboard to control the Lockerbie bombing article, her signing her name "Sarah", and the precise way that she changed history on the Lockerbie bombing article, demonstrating very clearly what her objective was. That was what was oversighted. It wasn't someone outing her or anything, it was her editing tendencies.

Now if Jimbo feels that that is significant enough to warrant a "legitimate" oversight, then Jimbo has already confessed that SlimVirgin is a spy. Otherwise, that was thoroughly illegitimate.
Infoboy
It's got to

a. Piss off Jimbo & Company that they're pretty much helpless to stop people using completely legal (and apparently, pretty kindergarten) means to unmask people's COI and true identities on their precious website, and

b. Gotta piss off Linda that not only is she now clowned--if not, why make such a big stink to oversight the Lockerbie/Julian/Pan Am edits?--but she's apparently an ex-spy living in a backwater like Swalwell under a 'new' name.

As for nonsense about her life being in danger if unmasked, what on Earth for? She was apparently a substandard reporter and fairly inept source for MI5 that didn't get much done: the Libyans wouldn't talk to her, and ABC News fired her. Qaddaffi's going to send agents all the way out to north-central Canada to whack this spy? Please.
blissyu2
Her life being in danger if unmasked? Where is this from? Is there a link somewhere?

I guess it depends on what she's done. If she has changed history, and if she is a spy for say England, and working against Canadian interests while living in Canada, then the Canadian secret service (I don't know what they are called) might be interested in her, and indeed may want to assassinate her.

Spies are supposed to kill other spies you know.

But of course, if SlimVirgin hasn't done anything wrong, then why worry? If she's not a spy, isn't changing history, and is just a private individual, then why worry? None of us are going to hurt her.
guy
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Wed 1st August 2007, 3:47pm) *

if she is a spy for say England

England has no spies, Blissyu2; you really are feeling off, aren't you. The UK has spies.
Nathan
Canadian secret service is called CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Service)

This was mentioned before in another thread.

Canada has an excellent relationship with the UK (better than the US's), so they'd probably detain and ask questions first.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 11:38pm) *

FORUM Image

I never could get my mind around the Ian Fleming, tuxedo wearing, martini drinking, Aston Martin driving spy. I think the Doctorow's Rosenbergs in the Book of Daniel, Lee Oswald as viewed in Norman Mailer's Oswald or the characters in The Falcon and the Snowman (very good movie) makes more sense. These people are kind of seedy, if accomplished in there own ways. They have weakness that the spy runners exploit. They seem much like Linda Mack at Cambridge.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:38pm) *

FORUM Image

No, she's a James Bond villain.

Man people...
blissyu2
Don't James Bond villains always have sex with James Bond?
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Thu 2nd August 2007, 2:41am) *

The male villains don't.
blissyu2
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 2nd August 2007, 8:14pm) *

The male villains don't.

Only because James Bond isn't openly bisexual. In fanfics, he sleeps with both.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Thu 2nd August 2007, 3:04am) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 2nd August 2007, 8:14pm) *

The male villains don't.

Only because James Bond isn't openly bisexual. In fanfics, he sleeps with both.

Daniel Brandt is James Bond in this real life scenario, though. I am certain he has higher standards than Linda Mack.
blissyu2

The name's Brandt, Daniel Brandt.

Actually, "Dan" sounds better, as one syllable sounds sexier.

A Man In Black
You have all missed the real meaning of this picture.

SlimVirgin is a sockpuppet of me.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(A Man In Black @ Mon 6th August 2007, 7:58pm) *

You have all missed the real meaning of this picture.

SlimVirgin is a sockpuppet of me.

Did you ever notice how everything is about you?
blissyu2
I don't mind A Man in Black. You weren't around in the early days when we had Ambi, Tony Sidaway, Thebainer and Snowspinner on here. Actually, of those ones, Snowspinner was the nicest, and Ambi by far the worst.

Oh gosh, I can still remember when Ambi said on WR: "That Grace Note is on his last legs. One more thing and he's banned for good, we've had enough".

Ambi said that about a lot of things. She was quite frank. A good "predictor" of bans. Tony Sidaway wasn't far behind.

Ambi left of her own free will, but Thebainer and Tony Sidaway were "pushed". They insisted that Lir and myself were harassing them, and wanted their ban buttons. So they left.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 6th August 2007, 8:55pm) *

I don't mind A Man in Black. You weren't around in the early days when we had Ambi, Tony Sidaway, Thebainer and Snowspinner on here. Actually, of those ones, Snowspinner was the nicest, and Ambi by far the worst.

Oh gosh, I can still remember when Ambi said on WR: "That Grace Note is on his last legs. One more thing and he's banned for good, we've had enough".

Ambi said that about a lot of things. She was quite frank. A good "predictor" of bans. Tony Sidaway wasn't far behind.

Ambi left of her own free will, but Thebainer and Tony Sidaway were "pushed". They insisted that Lir and myself were harassing them, and wanted their ban buttons. So they left.

Was this back on proboards? For years the admins have avoided this place like it's taboo, except for a couple of them who don't see eye to eye with hivemind.

blissyu2
Yes back on ProBoards. Sadly we don't have records of it all. But in the beginning, we were outnumbered by Wikipedia admins.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 7th August 2007, 12:49am) *

Yes back on ProBoards. Sadly we don't have records of it all. But in the beginning, we were outnumbered by Wikipedia admins.

Odd. When wikiabuse started all the wikipedia admins came there.

Why do wikipedia admins rarely come by here anymore?
blissyu2
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 7th August 2007, 6:43pm) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 7th August 2007, 12:49am) *

Odd. When wikiabuse started all the wikipedia admins came there.

Basically, we scared them off. They eventually reached for their ban buttons, and found that they didn't have any, then tried to convince the mods here to ban the lot of us, that didn't work, so they quit.

On top of that, we banned a number of them who tried to win by being abusive in other ways.

The only ones that were left on here were ones that Wikipedia didn't like (Everyking, Karmafist, Guanaco) and the ones that were happy to just take a back seat (Jaranda etc).
Alison
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 7th August 2007, 1:13am) *

... and be vilified from all sides? Posting here, we're seen as "the enemy" by many of you yet seen as "consorting with the enemy" by folks on WP.

Can't win that one :/
blissyu2
Well, early on Wikipedia Review tried to accommodate Wikipedia admins. We thought that we could all live in peace. But one of the fundamental problems is that they insist that bans which we felt were clearly not justifiable were quite justifiable, and furthermore they felt that anyone who they had banned should not be treated with respect. This was the major stumbling block. If none of the users here had been banned, or at least none had said that they were banned, then there would have been less of a problem.

But actually quite amusingly one of the major changes in the forum was when Wikipedia administrator Ta Bu Shi Da Yu had a fight with Lir, and as a response Lir banned TBSDY from here - for 20 minutes! Then I started a poll to see if we felt that TBSDY deserved to be banned. The conclusion was that he shouldn't have, and so we apologised.

But TBSDY got so offended that HE of all people should be banned that he went on a massive rampage throughout Wikipedia to try to get rid of Wikipedia Review.

That, and Grace Note's betrayal, were the two major turning points for Wikipedia Review.

In other words, SlimVirgin did nothing to harm us, but people who supported her, due to brief lapses in judgement, was what hurt us.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 7th August 2007, 2:18am) *

Well, early on Wikipedia Review tried to accommodate Wikipedia admins. We thought that we could all live in peace. But one of the fundamental problems is that they insist that bans which we felt were clearly not justifiable were quite justifiable, and furthermore they felt that anyone who they had banned should not be treated with respect. This was the major stumbling block. If none of the users here had been banned, or at least none had said that they were banned, then there would have been less of a problem.

But actually quite amusingly one of the major changes in the forum was when Wikipedia administrator Ta Bu Shi Da Yu had a fight with Lir, and as a response Lir banned TBSDY from here - for 20 minutes! Then I started a poll to see if we felt that TBSDY deserved to be banned. The conclusion was that he shouldn't have, and so we apologised.

But TBSDY got so offended that HE of all people should be banned that he went on a massive rampage throughout Wikipedia to try to get rid of Wikipedia Review.

That, and Grace Note's betrayal, were the two major turning points for Wikipedia Review.

In other words, SlimVirgin did nothing to harm us, but people who supported her, due to brief lapses in judgement, was what hurt us.

Imagine if every time someone is banned for 20 minutes on Wikipedia then apologized to does that.
blissyu2
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 7th August 2007, 8:05pm) *

Imagine if every time someone is banned for 20 minutes on Wikipedia then apologized to does that.

I still think its funny. Ta Bu Shi Da Yu, who bans lots of people regularly in his role as a Wikipedia Administrator, was all like "How dare you?" in terms of being banned, but even moreso because that ban was then discussed in the public forum. While it was done on the old forums, there should be something on Wikipedia somewhere about his reaction there, if someone wants to go fishing for links.

The thing is that Wikipedia has these horrendous Arbitration cases which smear people's names and are massive and they list them permanently to smear someone forever. In recent times there has been a happy knack to occasionally blank them, but even still they are about a million times worse than us having a poll on it. And the thing that TBSDY didn't seem to get was that we were trying to help him, not to hurt him.

It was a bit of hypocricy really.

I should try to find links though. Hmm there should be one from our history. It was a turning point really. Without Grace Note and TBSDY Wikipedia Review would never have been listed as an attack site.

Oh, who am I kidding? They would have just conned someone else.

Oh yeah this is one of our posts about the history of Wikipedia Review:

http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=80

Sadly, we lost a lot of direct evidence when the old board shut down, so can't direct link some things, but we have all agreed on some things that happened, so that is still reliable 2nd hand evidence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.