Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jayjg's Logs
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
tarantino
His first three listed User contributions. WebCite
  • 15:27, 15 June 2004 (hist) (diff) Anti-Zionism (Changed "treatment of the Palestinians" to "perceived treatment of the Palestinian" - more NPOV)
  • 00:11, 4 January 2003 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents (→Reincarnation? - sockpuppet vs. reincarnation) WebCite
  • 00:10, 4 January 2003 (hist) (diff) Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of Human Atrocities (another one) WebCite
Put in context, the contribs stamped 4 January 2003 were likely made 10 March 2005. He would not purposefully change timestamps to before his account was supposedly created because it is so obvious, but perhaps it happened accidentally during another edit.

And some evidence of oversighted Jayjg-related logs. Remember his first contrib is 15 June 2004.
First log of page=User:Jayjg WebCite
  • 23:52, 8 February 2005 David.Monniaux (Talk | contribs) blocked "Jayjg (contribs)" with an expiry time of 24 hours (enforcing arbcom decision: ''Both parties are prohibited from removing adequately referenced information from Israeli-Palestinian conflict articles'')
First log of page=User_Talk:Jayjg WebCite
  • 18:35, 6 July 2005 Jayjg (Talk | contribs) moved User talk:Jayjg to User talk:Jayjg/Archive 8 (too big) (revert)
First log of Jayjg WebCite
  • 23:09, 23 December 2004 Jayjg (Talk | contribs) blocked "221.15.5.40 (contribs)" $3 with an expiry time of $2 (Sollog vandalism of multiple pages)

What is the policy regarding oversighting logs?
Unrepentant Vandal
There was some kind of problem with timestamps at one stage. I don't remember the details, but this is a probably explanation.
anthony
Note that the signature is also from Jan 4 2003, which strongly suggests that whatever glitch happened occurred at the time of the contribution, and not later.

Server-wide timestamp glitch on 10 March 2005 makes sense.
blissyu2
QUOTE(anthony @ Mon 6th August 2007, 3:28am) *

Note that the signature is also from Jan 4 2003, which strongly suggests that whatever glitch happened occurred at the time of the contribution, and not later.

That is probably true. If it is, we should be able to search on Wikipedia for 10 March 2005 Signpost entries and the like. Also we should be able to look at another article on 10 March 2005 and find another editor who also appears as 4 Jan 2003.

If we can do this, this case is explained. Can someone do this?
LamontStormstar
Jayjg can't edit timestamps, but he may coax a developer into doing so. Highly unlikely.
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Sun 5th August 2007, 4:49pm) *

There was some kind of problem with timestamps at one stage. I don't remember the details, but this is a probably explanation.

I remember something like this, and no I don't think he can edit timestamps.
tarantino
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 5th August 2007, 5:38pm) *

QUOTE(anthony @ Mon 6th August 2007, 3:28am) *

That is probably true. If it is, we should be able to search on Wikipedia for 10 March 2005 Signpost entries and the like. Also we should be able to look at another article on 10 March 2005 and find another editor who also appears as 4 Jan 2003.

If we can do this, this case is explained. Can someone do this?

If you click the diff in question, then look at the older and newer edits, it looks to have happened between 14:23, 10 March 2005 and 15:12, 10 March 2005.

Yes, there is another example here, with an edit between 14:48, 10 March 2005 and 15:05, 10 March 2005. In all likelihood, some sort of glitch occurred then.

The deletion of Jayjg's logs is almost as troubling to me though, as the possibility of editing timestamps.
blissyu2
So it looks like this is confirmed as a glitch then...

Now, back to normal transmission.
tarantino
There's something else I've noticed that seems to have been overlooked as far as I can tell. I posted this elsewhere in the forums, but it doesn't seem to have stuck.

Jayjg's editing history points a fuzzy cross hair on his location. Skimming over his last several thousand posts, it is evident he assiduously avoids editing on the Sabbath. The abrupt stoppage of his contributions on Fridays indicates sundown is near. Most often, the cutoff time is close to sundown in NYC. Sometimes he stops earlier, but I haven't noticed it happening later.

I've developed an opinion on who exactly he is, based on that and other clues, in which I'm 50% confident is true. Given what happened previously, though, I'll refrain from sharing for now.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(tarantino @ Mon 6th August 2007, 4:59pm) *

There's something else I've noticed that seems to have been overlooked as far as I can tell. I posted this elsewhere in the forums, but it doesn't seem to have stuck.

Jayjg's editing history points a fuzzy cross hair on his location. Skimming over his last several thousand posts, it is evident he assiduously avoids editing on the Sabbath. The abrupt stoppage of his contributions on Fridays indicates sundown is near. Most often, the cutoff time is close to sundown in NYC. Sometimes he stops earlier, but I haven't noticed it happening later.

I've developed an opinion on who exactly he is, based on that and other clues, in which I'm 50% confident is true. Given what happened previously, though, I'll refrain from sharing for now.

Anyone else in the SlimVirgin cabal always stop editing on the Sabbath?

Maybe we can tell Jayjg socks by those that never edit on the Sabbath. There's been stuff like Al'i and now we can know.

With Jayjg, we can at least every sabbath mess up his pet articles so they don't have the bias he worked on shoving into them.

guy
QUOTE(tarantino @ Tue 7th August 2007, 12:59am) *

There's something else I've noticed that seems to have been overlooked as far as I can tell... Most often, the cutoff time is close to sundown in NYC.

It's been said more than one; I've said it myself. It's difficult to distinguish between NYC and large swathes of north-east US and eastern Canada on that basis,
chankachank
Timestamp oddity -- Speaking of all things Jayjg -- and where better to start than Hasbara -- On the Hasbara Talk page, many people have been posting all through late July and early August. Yet the History for this talk page stops at July 7 -- until someone posted today! I am not saying that someone is manipulating this. It's just weird. Hasbara is indeed a topic that is relevant to Jayjg's interests.

QUOTE(guy @ Tue 7th August 2007, 6:49am) *

There's something else I've noticed that seems to have been overlooked as far as I can tell... Most often, the cutoff time is close to sundown in NYC.

It's been said more than one; I've said it myself. It's difficult to distinguish between NYC and large swathes of north-east US and eastern Canada on that basis,

Disregard that, I forgot what year it is. That's all from 2006. Nevermind!

QUOTE(chankachank @ Tue 7th August 2007, 6:46pm) *

Timestamp oddity -- Speaking of all things Jayjg -- and where better to start than Hasbara -- On the Hasbara Talk page, many people have been posting all through late July and early August. Yet the History for this talk page stops at July 7 -- until someone posted today! I am not saying that someone is manipulating this. It's just weird. Hasbara is indeed a topic that is relevant to Jayjg's interests.

QUOTE(guy @ Tue 7th August 2007, 6:49am) *

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.