Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh my god! Ryulong is Danny's son or maybe even Danny!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Ryulong
Pages: 1, 2, 3
LamontStormstar
In one thread a ways back I speculated on Ryulong being the son of Jayjg and SlimVirgin.

In yet another thread somwhere someone else said that Ryulong obviously is a sock puppet of another administrator. I asked some questions and yada yada, nothing came of it.

I'll get right down to it.

Danny and Ryulong both moved from Brooklyn, New York to Florida.

See their IPs
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Ryulong
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Danny

Also old versions of Ryulong's userpage said he was from Brooklyn. It may still say it somewhere. Even if he deletes it, there are lots of mirrors. Danny's userpage says he moved from somewhere to Florida.

Wikipedia watch has:

Danny
administrator
Jimbo's executive assistant
(resigned 2007-03-20)
Danny Wool
St.Petersburg, Florida, USA
born:1963-09-07
formerly lived in Brooklyn, where he worked
for the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York

Another similarity.

Ryulong's last adminship had too low a percentage for him to be nominated, but Raul made him admin despite this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...nship/Ryulong_3

Danny, despite resigning, ran for adminship again and then despite losing, Raul made him admin anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...ly_unacceptable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...Dan.27s_conduct

Here's the kicker.....

August 2, Ryulong deleted my userpage purely because he saw me posting on Wikipedia Review. Majorly then restored it August 24th. September 14th, Ryulong came and deleted it. A MERE FOUR MINUTES LATER, Danny came and deleted my talk page. I thought at the time someone emailed a bunch of admins, but it turns out that's not the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...LamontStormstar
01:57, 14 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User's only edit to this page was to add {{wikibreak}} and the user has made absolutely no contributions elsewhere. Wikipedia is not a free webhost.)
18:20, 24 August 2007 Majorly (Talk | contribs) restored "User:LamontStormstar" ? (3 revision(s) restored: must have been a mistaken delete on Ryulong's part. Restoring.)
08:02, 2 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User has not edited Wikipedia in a year; WP:NOT#WEBSPACE)

02:01, 14 September 2007 Danny (Talk | contribs) deleted "User talk:LamontStormstar" ? (content was: ''''Welcome!'''Hello, {{BASEPAGENAME}}, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like ...')

The evidence here points to Ryulong being the same person as Danny, however Danny is 44 years old right now. And yet, Ryulong has a huge fascination with Japanese children's TV shows--not stuff when Danny was a kid that he may be nostalogic about but children's shows for a person born in 1990 and later. So unless Ryulong is his son, then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

everyking
This is very weak. The only piece of evidence that strikes me as possibly meaningful is the page deletions, four minutes apart, but most likely it came up on IRC or in some backchannel way like that (does Danny hang out in IRC?). Why would he be using different accounts to do the same basic thing in such a brief span of time?
jorge
Danny is gay.
LamontStormstar
I also forgot some things. Ryulong and Danny both identify as Jewish.

Also, what's interesting is Jayjg

Jayjg
aka Jay
administrator
checkuser, oversight
former arbitrator John Doe #22
New York or Canada
works in management

Jayjg and Danny both are middle aged, had all the full powers at Wikipedia, lived in New York, and had some deep involvement in a Jewish group. Danny with Museum of Jewish Heritage and Jayjg I'm not sure other than Hasbara fellowships. I wonder if Danny worked in management at that Museum?

As for deleting my userpage again, Ryulong was wheel warring with Majorly. So a different admin account deleting the talk page would basically discourage Majorly or others from restoring it and so far it has.

QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 1st October 2007, 2:45am) *

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?
jorge
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:46am) *

Jayjg and Danny both are middle aged, had all the full powers at Wikipedia, lived in New York, and had some deep involvement in a Jewish group. Danny with Museum of Jewish Heritage and Jayjg I'm not sure other than Hasbara fellowships. I wonder if Danny worked in management at that Museum?

Danny Wool was in charge of education at the museum. Now he is educating the whole WORLD.

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?

Yes.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 1st October 2007, 2:55am) *

Danny is gay.

Has he stated this?

Yes.

When I put the word "lovers" in the poll, I just wanted to cover all scenarios in the second choice, not to imply anything. I was worried about putting it there so I tried to make it stand out less. But now I am glad I have it there.
jorge
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:58am) *

When I put the word "lovers" in the poll, I just wanted to cover all scenarios in the second choice, not to imply anything. I was worried about putting it there so I tried to make it stand out less. But now I am glad I have it there.

If Danny did have a partner I'd say it is likely they would be editing Wikipedia. Whether they would be editing Wikipedia articles on Manga cartoons I know not.
guy
Do we know definitely that Ryulong is male?
badlydrawnjeff
then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

And what's disturbing about this, pray tell?

Come on, seriously.
jorge
QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Mon 1st October 2007, 12:43pm) *

then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

Come on, seriously.

So you you think that Danny might be Ryulong?

EDIT: Ryu Long was a character in the 2001 martial arts film Koroshiya 1 aka Ichi the Killer
everyking
QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Mon 1st October 2007, 12:43pm) *

Come on, seriously.

It's like you and "The Turk". You're almost 200 years too young to be interested in that thing, and frankly, I find it disturbing.
Alex
Seriously Lamont, what crap is this??? They both edit way too much to be the same person - both have more than 30k edits I believe. They both IRC at the same time, and Danny would have done so at work, when he was working for Wikimedia. Would have looked slightly odd if he was using two IRC clients at the same time, don't you think? It's all just coincidences.
guy
QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 1st October 2007, 1:39pm) *

It's all just coincidences.

Basically, they're just two people living in the USA in a similar way.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Alex @ Mon 1st October 2007, 8:39am) *

Seriously Lamont, what crap is this??? They both edit way too much to be the same person — both have more than 30k edits I believe. They both IRC at the same time, and Danny would have done so at work, when he was working for Wikimedia. Would have looked slightly odd if he was using two IRC clients at the same time, don't you think? It's all just coincidences.

Hey! I'm convinced!

We already discussed the DragGoon² RowBot a bunch on the thread about WP:DENY, where it Outted Itself as being — ¤ gasp ¤ — A BUNNY !!!

As I noted in this post, that puts our Knight of the Lepus somewhere in the sequence of ages: 8, 20, 32, 44, 56, 68, 80, 92, 104, etc.

As far as the edit count thing goes, Bunny Numero Uno has in xcess of 100K edits, but a quick scan will show that 98% of them are simple reverts of other people's edits. It's the sort of thng it could do left-handed — well, nevermind. And I think that DennyColt already showed us what can be done with semi-automatic weapons of mass destruction.

Jonny cool.gif
Krimpet
Ryulong/Danny would have to cover a lot of ground each day between Miami and St. Petersburg, considering the two cities are almost 300 miles away from each other and all -- maybe he's got a Tyler Durden split-personality thing going on?
Nya
Also, Ryulong is apparently from Long Island, not Brooklyn, at least according to his old userboxes. They haven't been disappeared yet, but maybe they will after this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=100813433
jorge
Ryolong clearly seems to be a sock of somebody as they were far too familiar with Wikipedia on their first edits. I'd guess whoever it is set up that account as they thought whichever their other account is might be discredited/mocked if people knew of their interest/obsession with Power rangers.
blissyu2
Before we do a poll on something like this, we need to discuss it and try to sort through the evidence, I think.

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting - I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:07am) *

Before we do a poll on something like this, we need to discuss it and try to sort through the evidence, I think.

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting — I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.

Yes, as usual, a poll is a pretty lame way to incite a discussion, but now that we're all incited …

The thing that's really at issue here is not one person's peculiar hobby — who really gives a flying filly? — and we wouldn't care a whit if they didn't ride their hobby horse all over everyone else's farms and gardens.

But that's just what they do, and they do it with the kind of FlyLord RoninBot SakéCrazed Samurai Knight Fever Mindlessness that might be the Tao Of Online Gamers, but that is wholly toxic to the project of writing an encyclopedia for the knowledge-seeking, not coup-counting public.

The supreme irony is that we can literally extract a general principle from Hao Rong Ryu's own dicta that would solve the problem of keeping these Terrible Tots from constantly tearing everyone else's hair out, as discussed here.

Jonny cool.gif
jorge
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:07pm) *

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting - I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.

Isn't there a kids programme in Australia that is really famous? I can't remember what it is though. sad.gif

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:34pm) *

The thing that's really at issue here is not one person's peculiar hobby — who really gives a flying filly? — and we wouldn't care a whit if they didn't ride their hobby horse all over everyone else's farms and gardens.

Jonny cool.gif

The question is, has Ryulong committed the ultrimate wiki crime- being in possession of two administrator accounts simultaneously?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:59am) *

Isn't there a kids programme in Australia that is really famous? I can't remember what it is though. sad.gif

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:34pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

The question is, has Ryulong committed the ultrimate wiki crime — being in possession of two administrator accounts simultaneously?

1. You must be thinking of the Poo Bum Dicky Wee Wee Show.

2. It would only be the ultimate crime if they couldn't excuse it the second it's discovered.

Jonny cool.gif
yow
Ryulong is fascinated by dragons ("Ryu" + "Long" = terms for "dragon" in Japanese and Chinese respectively) , and there is direct linkage from his former Geocities pages through his Deviant Art pages (note ref to "Danny in the tube") and his current Wikipedia stuff.

Picture of Ryulong
FORUM Image

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/member.php?u=1749

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Ryulong

Please note that his e-mail address in the Geocities page contains "Ryulong6787", a formulation someone here has noted before (he was born June 7, 1987). By the way, his name is Michael.

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 7:34am) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:07am) *

For what its worth, I like lots of quality "kids" shows. Of course, I don't consider them to be kids. Cartoons for example. I watch The Simpsons, South Park, sometimes Kim Possible, Naruto, and a bunch of other stuff. Well, not so much now that I don't have the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon anymore, but yeah. Of course I don't watch Sesame Street anymore (at least not unless I'm babysitting — I still consider that to be quality) and I would never ever watch fucking lambchops playalong or Barney the crap dinosaur or any of those really mind numbingly awful ones.

Yes, as usual, a poll is a pretty lame way to incite a discussion, but now that we're all incited …

But that's just what they do, and they do it with the kind of FlyLord RoninBot SakéCrazed Samurai Knight Fever Mindlessness that might be the Tao Of Online Gamers, but that is wholly toxic to the project of writing an encyclopedia for the knowledge-seeking, not coup-counting public.

The supreme irony is that we can literally extract a general principle from Hao Rong Ryu's own dicta that would solve the problem of keeping these Terrible Tots from constantly tearing everyone else's hair out, as discussed here.

Jonny cool.gif
Jaranda
They aren't the same person.
dtobias
This is the sort of thread that gives WR a bad name as an "attack site", when you go into flights of bizarre speculation about what the real-life relationship might be between various editors and admins, with digressions where you sneer at their apparent interests, hobbies, and so on. Can't you stick to actual proven facts that are relevant to conflicts of interest you're exposing, instead of random smears that you hope will stick?
JohnA
I'd have to agree with Dan Tobias.

Lamont is guessing a relationship based on really circumstantial evidence. I think it's a conspiracy theory where after a while people believe the theory and ignore all countervailing evidence as a "smokescreen".

I don't think there's anything to see here, and I doubt this makes WR a better place than WP by proposing such bizarre theories without substantial evidence.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(dtobias @ Mon 1st October 2007, 1:50pm) *

This is the sort of thread that gives WR a bad name as an "attack site", when you go into flights of bizarre speculation about what the real-life relationship might be between various editors and admins, with digressions where you sneer at their apparent interests, hobbies, and so on. Can't you stick to actual proven facts that are relevant to conflicts of interest you're exposing, instead of random smears that you hope will stick?

I think some people have difficulty understanding satire.

Jonny cool.gif
Firsfron of Ronchester
QUOTE(dtobias @ Mon 1st October 2007, 5:50pm) *

I can only agree, Dan. I'm not sure what caused this round of speculation, but the "links" between these editors are not at all convincing. WR is better than this sort of commentary. Who cares if someone edits kiddie shows? Someone has to (besides the kiddies). If there was a conflict of interest , I think it should be exposed, but I don't see anything like that here.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Firsfron of Ronchester @ Mon 1st October 2007, 2:39pm) *

Who cares if someone edits kiddie shows? Someone has to (besides the kiddies). If there was a conflict of interest , I think it should be exposed, but I don't see anything like that here.

People have given you abundant good reason to care about the fact that someone with the mentality of an 8 year old on crack is taking major editorial control over the state of articles and the retention of editors in areas that he or she does not know squat about.

People have given you ample evidence to make it clear that there is an Inherent Conflict Of Interest between the Interest of people who are pathological liars — who lie about their names, their education, their personal data, their qualifications, and everything else they find it convenient to lie about — and the Interest of building an educational resource founded on reality and truth.

But you find it convenient to ignore all that, and you continue to disgust us with your moronic excuses for crimes against knowledge.

Go back where you can still win arguments by pretending to be ignorant, even moreso by actually being an ediot.

Jon Awbrey
Kato
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 7:04pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

For once, I agree with St. Tobias, and disagree with JC. What is this thread a satire of? Wikipedia Review?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 1st October 2007, 3:55pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 7:04pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

For once, I agree with Saint Tobias, and disagree with JC. What is this thread a satire of? Wikipedia Review?

When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned.

Jonny cool.gif
michael
QUOTE(yow @ Mon 1st October 2007, 8:07am) *

Ryulong is fascinated by dragons ("Ryu" + "Long" = terms for "dragon" in Japanese and Chinese respectively) , and there is direct linkage from his former Geocities pages through his Deviant Art pages (note ref to "Danny in the tube") and his current Wikipedia stuff.

So Ryulong was born on June 7, 1987 eh? I have to love the Geocities site though, it looks like the thing I did back when I was 12 years old.
SqueakBox
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 9:22am) *

In one thread a ways back I speculated on Ryulong being the son of Jayjg and SlimVirgin.

In yet another thread somwhere someone else said that Ryulong obviously is a sock puppet of another administrator. I asked some questions and yada yada, nothing came of it.

I'll get right down to it.

Danny and Ryulong both moved from Brooklyn, New York to Florida.

See their IPs
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Ryulong
http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/cgi-bin/girc.cgi?Na=Danny

Also old versions of Ryulong's userpage said he was from Brooklyn. It may still say it somewhere. Even if he deletes it, there are lots of mirrors. Danny's userpage says he moved from somewhere to Florida.

Wikipedia watch has:

Danny
administrator
Jimbo's executive assistant
(resigned 2007-03-20)
Danny Wool
St.Petersburg, Florida, USA
born:1963-09-07
formerly lived in Brooklyn, where he worked
for the Museum of Jewish Heritage in New York

Another similarity.

Ryulong's last adminship had too low a percentage for him to be nominated, but Raul made him admin despite this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...nship/Ryulong_3

Danny, despite resigning, ran for adminship again and then despite losing, Raul made him admin anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...ly_unacceptable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_tal...Dan.27s_conduct

Here's the kicker.....

August 2, Ryulong deleted my userpage purely because he saw me posting on Wikipedia Review. Majorly then restored it August 24th. September 14th, Ryulong came and deleted it. A MERE FOUR MINUTES LATER, Danny came and deleted my talk page. I thought at the time someone emailed a bunch of admins, but it turns out that's not the case.

01:57, 14 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User's only edit to this page was to add {{wikibreak}} and the user has made absolutely no contributions elsewhere. Wikipedia is not a free webhost.)
18:20, 24 August 2007 Majorly (Talk | contribs) restored "User:LamontStormstar" ? (3 revision(s) restored: must have been a mistaken delete on Ryulong's part. Restoring.)
08:02, 2 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LamontStormstar" ? (User has not edited Wikipedia in a year; WP:NOT#WEBSPACE)

02:01, 14 September 2007 Danny (Talk | contribs) deleted "User talk:LamontStormstar" ? (content was: ''''Welcome!'''Hello, {{BASEPAGENAME}}, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like ...')

The evidence here points to Ryulong being the same person as Danny, however Danny is 44 years old right now. And yet, Ryulong has a huge fascination with Japanese children's TV shows--not stuff when Danny was a kid that he may be nostalogic about but children's shows for a person born in 1990 and later. So unless Ryulong is his son, then Danny at age 44 has a huge obsession with lots of children's TV shows and that is TRULY DISTURBING.

You have made a pretty good case but it doesnt really mean much as if they are related, well just cos your dad or your kid edits wikipedia doesn't mean that you can't. In spite of various sock allegations 2 people editing from one household is not prohibited and nor should it be, Squeak ph34r.gif Box
guy
QUOTE(dtobias @ Mon 1st October 2007, 6:50pm) *

Yes, it makes us no better than Wikipedia.

QUOTE(SqueakBox @ Mon 1st October 2007, 9:52pm) *

In spite of various sock allegations 2 people editing from one household is not prohibited and nor should it be

So how do we get people blocked on precisely those grounds unblocked?
KamrynMatika
Lol, when I read this thread I thought he was taking the piss out of the SevenofDiamonds case. Guess it went over my head, eh? blink.gif
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 12:28pm) *

Who cares if someone edits kiddie shows? Someone has to (besides the kiddies). If there was a conflict of interest , I think it should be exposed, but I don't see anything like that here.

People have given you abundant good reason to care about the fact that someone with the mentality of an 8 year old on crack is taking major editorial control over the state of articles and the retention of editors in areas that he or she does not know squat about.

People have given you ample evidence to make it clear that there is an Inherent Conflict Of Interest between the Interest of people who are pathological liars — who lie about their names, their education, their personal data, their qualifications, and everything else they find it convenient to lie about — and the Interest of building an educational resource founded on reality and truth.

But you find it convenient to ignore all that, and you continue to disgust us with your moronic excuses for crimes against knowledge.

Go back where you can still win arguments by pretending to be ignorant, even moreso by actually being an ediot.

Jon Awbrey

What the hell are you talking about? No credible evidence has been presented here. As for Ryulong asserting major control, I think that is in your mind only. Look at his edits and take off the tinfoil hat.
Somey
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Mon 1st October 2007, 5:35pm) *
What the hell are you talking about? No credible evidence has been presented here. As for Ryulong asserting major control, I think that is in your mind only. Look at his edits and take off the tinfoil hat.

So what does everyone think, then? Should we move this thread to the tar pit, or maybe delete it completely? I mean, Lamont started it, and it's not like he isn't used to it...

I voted that they were the same person anyway, just so Lamont wouldn't feel like nobody loves him.
Kato
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 3:07am) *

So what does everyone think, then? Should we move this thread to the tar pit, or maybe delete it completely?

Delete it completely? That seems a bit harsh. Could we at least keep in the tarpit for future reference?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:07pm) *

So what does everyone think, then? Should we move this thread to the tar pit, or maybe delete it completely? I mean, Lamont started it, and it's not like he isn't used to it...

I voted that they were the same person anyway, just so Lamont wouldn't feel like nobody loves him.

I was not taking that particular identification seriously, nor do I really care, but I think that the point of playing along with this little bit of street theatre is this — with a dossier so absurd as Dragon-Squared's, there is no more reason to believe the assertions on its user page than there was with the claims on Essjay's user page. Meanwhile, this Trusted Adminion who beehives like a robot is a typical component of a Cyborg City that enforces its mental blocks with inhumane and unquestioning ruthlessness. And beehiviour like that is the very essense of Wikipedia today.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 1st October 2007, 8:19pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 3:07am) *

So what does everyone think, then? Should we move this thread to the tar pit, or maybe delete it completely?

Delete it completely? That seems a bit harsh. Could we at least keep in the tarpit for future reference?

I think the thread demonstrates WR's ability to sort out the merits of various assertions and should be kept as and where it is now. It also shows that we can tolerate criticism without becoming hysterical. Lamont will have a better day tomorrow.
blissyu2
QUOTE(jorge @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 1:29am) *

The Wiggles is the most popular Australian kids entertainment group ever, and they are about 10 times more popular in USA than they are in Australia (they are still fairly popular here). Of course, if you're talking about ones that are famous in Australia, but unknown elsewhere, there's crap like Humphrey B. Bear, which is about the same level as Barney the Dinosaur. I approve of Wiggles. They are good. I'm not sure if they are worth US $250 million per year good, but they are very good.

I don't mind that this thread exists. Remember the reaction to Essjay when Daniel Brandt started on about that, and then remember how that turned out. There is nothing wrong with speculation, so long as we note that it is speculation, and don't use it to harass others, or anything like that. In the Essjay case, Essjay was someone who most WR members liked, and who was a very positive contributor to WR, and the evidence didn't seem very compelling, and even if it was, so what? But yet look how that one turned out.

Yes, this is a fishing expedition, and for the moment I think that LamontStormStar is wrong. But it may later turn out that this was right, or had some semblance of correctness.

Deleting this thread just because we can't prove that it is true would be irresponsible. There is nothing harassing in here.

However, if anyone feels that there is anything harassing, then this can be moved to a hidden area that can't be picked up by Google search engines, and/or any personal details can be [name redacted] a la SlimVirgin.

I don't think that this "gives WR a bad name" at all. And even if it did, who cares?

I guess that the crucial issue with this is this - if what LSS says is correct - that they are the same person, or father and son, or lovers, then so what? Does it matter? Once we can establish that it matters, then we need to determine whether it could be true. Right now, I don't think it matters even if it is true.
Somey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 1st October 2007, 9:26pm) *
...Lamont will have a better day tomorrow.

Yeah, maybe he'll decide that ElinorD is actually the Queen of England! laughing.gif

Still, lest we forget, I myself wouldn't even be here if it weren't for precisely this sort of vaguely-sourced, geographically-challenged misidentification. And I'm only half the distance from Lir that Ryulong is from Danny. What's more, Lir and I don't even live in Iowa "in a similar way" - apparently he lives in some sort of low-cost apartment complex near a large, shady college campus, whereas I live in a massive underground laboratory complex run by a large, shadowy megacorporation. (I know, it sounds similar, but it's really not.)

You'll be hearing more about us, though, once our new "zombie" toxin is developed.

Derktar
Well let's put this to rest finally, Ryulong, old chap, we need your side of the story, will you abide?
Firsfron of Ronchester
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 1st October 2007, 7:28pm) *

No, what people have stated here is that it is "deeply disturbing" that an admin on Wikipedia watches kiddie shows, and that this someone has the "mentality of an 8 year old". Albert Einstein was a big fan of popular children's puppet shows of the 1940s and 50s (link) (link) while writing The Meaning of Relativity, Ideas and Opinions, and "Why Socialism?" Watching a certain TV show does not in itself prevent someone from being able to make a rational decision regarding editorial control over the state of articles, and it does not mean the person has the "mentality of an 8 year old".
Somey
QUOTE(Derktar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 10:54pm) *
Well let's put this to rest finally, Ryulong, old chap, we need your side of the story, will you abide?

Oh, alright, he's in. I would've gotten to it sooner, but I was busy listening to obscure My Bloody Valentine MP3's...

I guess there's nothing quite like an absurd identity-related thread to increase our membership count, is there? Maybe if somebody accused Elaragirl of being Angela Beesley, we could break 600 by Christmas! smiling.gif

I should note, of course, that's 600 actual human beings, no spambots, and very few sockpuppets that we actually know of. We take an almost-perverse pride in that around here.

QUOTE(Firsfron of Ronchester @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 12:09am) *
No, what people have stated here is that it is "deeply disturbing" that an admin on Wikipedia watches kiddie shows, and that this someone has the "mentality of an 8 year old".

Well sheez, they almost have to have a few admins who watch kiddie shows, or else how would they know when they're being hoaxed about what's on the kiddie shows?

They should also have admins who eat Ice_cream_sandwiches too, by the way, so they'll know when they're being used for advertising purposes.

Albert Einstein was a big fan of popular children's puppet shows of the 1940s and 50s (link) (link) while writing The Meaning of Relativity, Ideas and Opinions, and "Why Socialism?"

Yeah, but those 50's-era puppet shows were vastly more intellectually stimulating than the average anime series on the Cartoon Network today. I remember one of them I saw back in '52 actually gave me the idea for my version of the unified field theory. What's more, back then ice cream sandwiches were only 10 cents!

Hey, does anyone remember the Thundercats?
The Joy
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 1:25am) *

Hey, does anyone remember the Thundercats?

Yes, and Teddy Ruxpin. To an even lesser degree, Silver Hawks.

Strangely, I think the WP article for Thundercats paints Mumm-ra in a sympathetic light. More of a "You Thundercats get off my lawn!" sort of villainy.

Now I remember the Smurfs. I've heard there was an episode where Grandpa Smurf told Smurfette to "Smurf off!" I kid you not. Alas, WP just focuses on the Smurfs being Satanists and being bombed by UNICEF.

I probably watched Power Rangers well past the point most others stopped. In hindsight, the villains tended to have more substance than the bad guys. The Green Ranger was my favorite though before he became a good guy.

As for Ryulong, his days are numbered. He's already been warned MANY times by powerful and prominent Wikipedians regarding his actions. Even NYBrad's Sermon on the Mount on Ryulong's talk page hints that even NYBrad, the "nice" Wikipedian, is getting P.O.ed by Ryulong's actions. I don't care who Ryulong's parents are. He needs to be grounded and have no more to do with Wikipedia.
Somey
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 12:48am) *
Now I remember the Smurfs. I've heard there was an episode where Grandpa Smurf told Smurfette to "Smurf off!" I kid you not. Alas, WP just focuses on the Smurfs being Satanists and being bombed by UNICEF.

Yeah, what was THAT all about? And that whole weird business with them taking control of the Tri-Lateral Commission and starting a secret war against Lithuania to try and get people for their Olympic basketball team... I didn't understand that stuff AT ALL.

I don't care who Ryulong's parents are. He needs to be grounded and have no more to do with Wikipedia.

Don't forget, he's a WR member now, so we can't really recommend that he be "grounded." However, if his parents are feeding him Sugar Pops for breakfast, it might be a good idea to switch to Kashi, or just steel-cut oats.
The Joy
Welcome to WR, Ryulong!
Ryulong
QUOTE(Derktar @ Mon 1st October 2007, 11:54pm) *

I just find it hilarious that LamontStormstar is connecting "OMG THEY'RE JEWS", "OMG THEY'RE FROM NEW YORK", and "OMG THEY'RE IN FLORIDA" to try and make some sort of crazy conspiracy theory in his mind to state that I am the son of any Wikipedia editor, let alone Danny, SlimVirgin, or Jayjg. I've never met these people in life, nor do I even speak to them on Wikipedia (except for the time where I asked Danny to nuke User talk:LamontStormstar after realizing that Lamont only created his user and user talk pages under that name that he connects with his account here).

Unless that mass of text was incomprehensible, here's the summary:
  • I am not Danny, SlimVirgin, or Jayjg's son
  • I am not Danny, SlimVirgin, or Jayjg
  • I am not Danny, SlimVirgin, or Jayjg's family member, gay lover, best friend forever, or something.
  • I am, and have always been, male
  • The only relative I have who edits Wikipedia (as far as I know) is my younger brother
  • I've read WR since early August when it was directed to me that Ionas68224 was posting incomprehensible rants here saying that he was unjustly banned for directly disrupting my RfC
  • I don't watch anime (I hate the entirely popular shit that's on Cartoon Network)
  • I really go to the University of Miami (I'm sure that my IP's been checked)
  • Half the shit Brandt found out about me that's listed in another thread isn't all that determining about my real identity (zomg my first name and birth date) and most of it is already on my user page in some form
  • I'm not any higher-up's (actual Wikipedia "hierarchy" or the ones you have all developed) sockpuppet/meatpuppet/unwilling-puppet
  • I'm much less important and omnipotent as a bunch of you make me out to be
  • lol, lists
And just so you have "proof" of some of the "wild claims" that some of you don't believe due to the Essjay debacle:
FORUM Image
Oh, I was reading Discover Magazine's article about how there's a population boom in jellyfish, which mentioned Nemopilema nomurai, and I saw that someone screwed up the article.
BobbyBombastic
I notice Ryulong (conveniently) did not confirm or deny that he is SlimVirgin's poodle. FORUM Image
Ryulong
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Tue 2nd October 2007, 2:15am) *

I notice Ryulong (conveniently) did not confirm or deny that he is SlimVirgin's poodle. FORUM Image

I can assure you that I am of the species H. sapiens sapiens and not a lapdog, figuratively or literaly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.