Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimmy's fundraising video
> Wikimedia Discussion > The Wikimedia Foundation
the fieryangel
Click here to watch the video.

Would you buy a used car from this man?

Watch how he kneads his hands. Look at how he blinks his eyes. It's extremely telling.

The point is, he's lying. Wikipedia (which he pronounces "WEEKEEPedia, which means that we should all use the pronounciation "WIKUHpedia", just to bug him) is not the "sum of all human knowledge". Not with people like JzG, SV, Moreschi et al. acting as guard dogs to the gates of hell.

And I think that he knows that he's lying, which is why he's so clearly uncomfortable talking about this.

I did like the guy who said that he used Wikipedia to find "pickup lines"....The founder of Bomis should be proud!

You can add your comments and ratings on the unofficial Youtube mirror...

Hmm...here's another video of Jimbo....Watch the eyes during her introduction, and then watch the hands...He's got some extremely interesting body language.....

Here's another video where he's talking about Wikia..... Note the different body language, much less eye blinking. No hand movement. He's much more comfortable talking about Wikia, certainly.....Notice the abrupt change in eye movement when he starts talking about Wikipedia, as opposed to Wikia...
thekohser
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Tue 23rd October 2007, 4:23am) *

Here's another video where he's talking about Wikia..... Note the different body language, much less eye blinking. No hand movement. He's much more comfortable talking about Wikia, certainly.....Notice the abrupt change in eye movement when he starts talking about Wikipedia, as opposed to Wikia...

Also telling is the fact that at 0:30, he changes from talking about Wikia with the inclusive possessive pronoun "our", to using the singularly possessive "my".

Wikia -- it's MINE, MINE, ALL MINE. Just like Wikipedia! MINE, MINE, MINE, ANGELA AND LARRY -- YOU CAN'T HAVE THESE PROJECTS, THEY'RE MINE!

Greg
the fieryangel
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 23rd October 2007, 3:09pm) *

QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Tue 23rd October 2007, 4:23am) *

Also telling is the fact that at 0:30, he changes from talking about Wikia with the inclusive possessive pronoun "our", to using the singularly possessive "my".

Wikia -- it's MINE, MINE, ALL MINE. Just like Wikipedia! MINE, MINE, MINE, ANGELA AND LARRY -- YOU CAN'T HAVE THESE PROJECTS, THEY'RE MINE!

Greg

sort of like in the first video where he says "I'm the FOUNDER of Wikia"...leaving out the "sole", but I could have sworn it was there.

This guy really has issues....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.