Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harassed and blocked by Slim Virgin
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
sparkzilla
Hi, I noticed that my name had been mentioned a few times on this site regarding administrator abuse by Slim Virgin. Earlier this year I made the mistake of challenging Slim Virgin on BLP policy, and was later targeted by her for blocking on an unrelated page, which I had been working on for several years.

From my experience as a professional publisher, and as the owner of a high traffic news and discussion board, there is no doubt in my mind that Slim Virgin abused her power as an admin in my case, and that there are no checks and balances in the system to stop such abuses in the future.

Please click here to read. It's quite long, but I hope you find it interesting. I look forward to your comments...

Mark Devlin aka "Sparkzilla"
Derktar
QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Sun 28th October 2007, 9:47am) *

Hi, I noticed that my name had been mentioned a few times on this site regarding administrator abuse by Slim Virgin. Earlier this year I made the mistake of challenging Slim Virgin on BLP policy, and was later targeted by her for blocking on an unrelated page, which I had been working on for several years.

From my experience as a professional publisher, and as the owner of a high traffic news and discussion board, there is no doubt in my mind that Slim Virgin abused her power as an admin in my case, and that there are no checks and balances in the system to stop such abuses in the future.

Please click here to read. It's quite long, but I hope you find it interesting. I look forward to your comments...

Welcome Sparkzilla, I look forward to reading your complaint, it looks quite long and thorough.
Kato
Hello Sparkzilla and welcome.

I was aware of your case thanks to the work of Piperdown who has explained it in some detail.

It provides an astounding example of the corrupt hypocrisy that lies at the heart of Wikipedia.

You were banned by SlimVirgin, JzG and co due to being a writer with a "conflict of interest". Meanwhile, the likes Chip Berlet and Gary Weiss are two writers protected by the same people despite having a clear "conflict of interest".
Viridae
Hmm I seem to remember you.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Sun 28th October 2007, 12:47pm) *

From my experience as a professional publisher, and as the owner of a high traffic news and discussion board, there is no doubt in my mind that SlimVirgin abused her power as an admin in my case, and that there are no checks and balances in the system to stop such abuses in the future.

Please click here to read. It's quite long, but I hope you find it interesting. I look forward to your comments …

Hi Mark, welcome to the frayed but as yet unafraid … for the time being, at any rate …

Your story is a familiar one, but thanks for adding it to the pile, as it may help to explain to the so far still clueless masses how people who come to Wikipedia as experienced researchers and trained scholars with no particular interest in the hot-button topics of the day will almost certainly eventually find themselves abused, banned, and harassed forever after by members of the Wikipediot Cabal, all for doing nothing more than raising routine objections to their incompetent methods and unethical practices on matters of standard research and scholarly principle.

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...User:Sparkzilla

6 hours by SlimVirgin, indef by JzG.

Typical SlimVirgin tactics. It doesn't look like it was SlimVirgin that was responsible, does it? She only blocked you for a mere harmless 6 hours. It was only when you reacted that it got made indef, and that was by someone else. Innocent little SlimVirgin did nothing.

She just plays victim and then gets others to do her bidding. In this case JzG was the one who got manipulated to do her dirty work.

No need to check the situation, of course. Everyone knows that SlimVirgin is always legitimate with all of her actions. It goes against WP:AGF to think otherwise. Luckily this is not Wikipedia, so we can check out what happened ourselves.

Last notable contribution (other than complaining about the block) seems to be this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=145028393

Is that a clue?
LessHorrid vanU
Welcome, fellow Richard Gere/Cindy Crawford BLP warrior.
dtobias
The site you mention and link to is actually justicefornickbaker.org, not justicefornickbaker.com as you mistakenly linked.
JohnA
QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Sun 28th October 2007, 4:47pm) *

I found it fascinating. Perhaps Blissy or someone could publish both texts onto the blog.

I'm sure Daniel Brandt would find a lot of the story familiar.
sparkzilla
Thank you for taking the time to read, and for your comments. I sent a letter with the link to Jimmy Wales, but I don't expect him to read it or to reply.

blissyu2
QUOTE(JohnA @ Mon 29th October 2007, 7:09pm) *

QUOTE(sparkzilla @ Sun 28th October 2007, 4:47pm) *

I found it fascinating. Perhaps Blissy or someone could publish both texts onto the blog.

I'm sure Daniel Brandt would find a lot of the story familiar.

Anyone can post on the blog. Sparkzilla could post on the blog if he wanted to.

I generally only post summaries when we've talked about a few things on roughly the same topic here, so that we have some kind of a guideline for what's been going on here. Nathan likes to make these kinds of posts though.
blissyu2
Okay I'll see if I can summarise this issue to make it a bit simpler.

Sparkzilla was an expert on the Nick Baker case, Sparkzilla acknowledged and proved that he was an expert on the Nick Baker case, Sparkzilla offended SlimVirgin over her ownership of the Richard Gere article, and to punish him SlimVirgin got Sparkzilla banned through lies and deceit pretending that his being an expert meant that he was exhibiting conflict of interest.

Does that sound about right?
Nathan
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Thu 1st November 2007, 2:36pm) *

I generally only post summaries when we've talked about a few things on roughly the same topic here, so that we have some kind of a guideline for what's been going on here. Nathan likes to make these kinds of posts though.

Not really. I generally don't know what to post on the WR blog, so I leave it to everyone else.

I only usually post something here when someone says "We should blog that" & nobobdy has done so yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.