Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: KELLY MARTIN IS INNOCENT !! (get it, "!!")
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
Disillusioned Lackey
RETRACTION: I have it on reliable sources (sekrit missive containing the sooper sekrit informationz) that FORUM Image

Kelly Martin has not now, nor never has been, a member of the Sooper Sekrit List Auto-judgement squad.
jorge
I think in this case Giano is a nickname for Giacomo (Italian for James). Gino is a shortening of Luigino, a nickname for Luigi (Italian for Lewis)....
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(jorge @ Tue 27th November 2007, 9:53am) *

I think in this case Giano is a nickname for Giacomo (Italian for James). Gino is a shortening of Luigino, a nickname for Luigi (Italian for Lewis)....

I actually saw that when looking for a picture of St. Giano. It turns out that Giano was a name which subsumed the pre-christian God Janus (they did this a lot in pagan Europe - also this is the origin of Easter, and probably Christmas, which was a pagan festival).

The two-head thing is Giano-specific. I don't know why. But most pictures of Giano have two faces.

I thought Giano was John - when I looked for St. Giano, I got St. John.

I have a friend who's in the Catholic ordained life (not Essjay rolleyes.gif ), and who happens to be a real Italian, speaking several languages, including fluent English. I can verify, next time we speak.

BACK TO KELLY MARTIN

Someone did send me a concerned message, on this board, explaining to me that Kelly has/had nothing to do with any secret list, so I decided to make that prominent, as it clearly was important to her.
jorge
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Tue 27th November 2007, 4:39pm) *

I actually saw that when looking for a picture of St. Giano. It turns out that Giano was a name which subsumed the pre-christian God Janus (they did this a lot in pagan Europe - also this is the origin of Easter, and probably Christmas, which was a pagan festival).

The two-head thing is Giano-specific. I don't know why. But most pictures of Giano have two faces.

I thought Giano was John - when I looked for St. Giano, I got St. John.

Well Giano said somewhere that Giano was the nickname he was given as a kid, but his first user account was Conte Giacomo.
Miltopia
That's fitting. He's definitely got two sides to him, the excellent, refined article writer, as scrupulous as any in grammar and spelling, and the eccentric loudmouth (failing a more affectionate word) who can't even be bothered to capitalize and punctuate his sentences half the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.