Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: User:Samiharris's Wikjihad against "Patrick M. Byrne"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
Piperdown
Samiharris has been on a POV war against Patrick Byrne since before I even started countering his b.s. on WP.

The worst thing right now about it: Byrne's BLP starts out with the statement that he is under investigation by the SEC.

Nevermind that nothing has come of it, and if nothing does, there won't be any announcement of it. And nevermind that open ended investigations with no resolutions are not even something that should even be notable in a BLP, but the guy who's throwing it in there is the same one eliminating, with the contradictory agenda, from the BLP's of people he likes, namely George Soros (TV pundit statements about Soros) and Gary Weiss (Julian Robertson lawsuit, NY Times article about Weiss/Byrne internet feud).

For the WR'ians who listened to the Byrne MP3 interview i posted here a little while ago, one will notice that the interviewer had obviously read Byrne's WP BLP as part of his prep for the interview.

If Byrne's BLP article had said "Byrne is an evil man who just hates the Noble Chichago Exchange because they are just and right", I wonder if the interviewer would have done a double take, lol.

Samiharris - early editing history shows professional knowledge of Chichago Exchange, bulldog loyalty to hedge fund managers, continually makes edits to financial articles that are Pro-Wall Street industry insiders to say the least.

It doesn't take a giant leap of wikisleuthing to find that Sami's a meatpuppet for something. If I'm a meat puppet for Byrne supposedly, what does that make Sami ?

Meanwhile, back at the naked short selling ranch, the article has been left untouched, lest you be smited by the hand of samiharris, current insider guardian of the wikipedia wall street articles. Mantanmoreland's been relieved of his duties apparently.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 2:16am) *

The worst thing right now about it: Byrne's BLP starts out with the statement that he is under investigation by the SEC.

All these bios should be deleted, as Wikipedia clearly isn't structured to deal with them responsibly. Such a step would have spared WP many enemies (no doubt there are more to come.)
Piperdown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_M._Byrne

Patrick M. Byrne
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Patrick M. Byrne is the CEO and chairman of the board of Internet retailer Overstock.com. He has become well known for his allegation of a wide-ranging stock market conspiracy involving hedge funds, the media, and analysts, for which he has been widely criticized. [1] In May 2007, it was revealed that Byrne is the subject of a subpoena and investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.[2]

Note these editors, in a edited sample of this BLP's history (this is not a complete list)

# (cur) (last) 04:40, 26 November 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (17,113 bytes) (rv) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 05:11, 10 November 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (17,113 bytes) (→Education lobbying - changing to footnote) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 05:10, 10 November 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (17,102 bytes) (→Education lobbying - adding footnote) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 17:41, 27 October 2007 MONGO (Talk | contribs) (16,007 bytes) (rv uncited) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 13:28, 19 September 2007 Mantanmoreland (Talk | contribs) (16,254 bytes) (rv sock edits) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 12:15, 19 September 2007 Tom harrison (Talk | contribs) (14,023 bytes) (s/claim/say/ [using an external editor]) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 12:03, 19 September 2007 Tom harrison (Talk | contribs) (14,026 bytes) (→'Jihad' against naked shorting - s/bogus/absurd and malicious/) (undo)
# 04:35, 19 September 2007 Mantanmoreland (Talk | contribs) (16,205 bytes) (Undid revision 158883324 by LittlePiggy3 (talk)) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 04:22, 19 September 2007 Mantanmoreland (Talk | contribs) m (16,205 bytes) (rv IP vandal) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 04:19, 19 September 2007 76.204.179.49 (Talk) (13,979 bytes) (Dumb article back down to Samiharris' level: return extended verbiage about "Sith lord" because he cannot understand the article without the comic book character) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 04:17, 19 September 2007 76.204.179.49 (Talk) (12,661 bytes) (→Campaign against naked shorting - Dumb article back down to Samiharris' level: return Jihad word) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 02:51, 19 September 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (16,205 bytes) (rv vandalism by SPA) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 16:20, 18 September 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (16,205 bytes) (reverting POV changes and removal of sourced material and links by SPA) (undo)
# (cur) (last) 22:49, 4 September 2007 Hu12 (Talk | contribs) (16,109 bytes) (→External links and articles - wiki link) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:12, 4 September 2007 Durova (Talk | contribs) (16,250 bytes) (→Media attention - see talk) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 01:32, 28 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (16,026 bytes) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 01:29, 28 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (16,157 bytes) (→'Jihad' against naked shorting - adding McLean quote and citation) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 01:25, 28 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,920 bytes) (reverting and adding citations) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 23:32, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,677 bytes) (→Media attention - removing unsourced statement; search of ey.com website does not substantiate this statement) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 23:28, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (15,816 bytes) (→"Dutch Auction" IPO) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 20:22, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,817 bytes) (→Background) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 20:17, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (15,801 bytes) (→Background) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 20:16, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,794 bytes) (→Background - adding source and removing tags) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 20:11, 3 August 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,838 bytes) (→Media attention - adding Nocera quote) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:12, 30 July 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (15,669 bytes) (rv vandalism) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:48, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) m (15,624 bytes) (→Education lobbying - typo) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:47, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,625 bytes) (→Education lobbying) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:44, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,661 bytes) (→Education lobbying) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:41, 11 July 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (15,671 bytes) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:41, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,661 bytes) (→Education lobbying) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:40, 11 July 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,481 bytes) (removing link if "non notable" but retaining reference) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:39, 11 July 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,516 bytes) (adding back reference - if link is objectionable, remove that and not the reference; adding back Nocera article, not duplicative of ref and anyway no rule ext links cannot duplicate ref) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:30, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,311 bytes) (rgm.com is not a reliable source) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:27, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,432 bytes) (→External links and articles - that particular Nocera article is already in references section- rm redundancy) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:26, 11 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (15,529 bytes) (deleting the "NBC" in Ivillage? It's an NBC Universal company - added clarification for readers not familiar with company behind that site) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 01:44, 11 July 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (15,506 bytes) (adding quote, changing links to refs) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:44, 10 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) m (12,890 bytes) (→External links) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:42, 10 July 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (12,878 bytes) (→External links and sources - added NBC Ivillage interview video, rm redundant unlinked "Source" already in references) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 15:20, 20 June 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,968 bytes) (→'Jihad' against naked shorting - restoring neutral POV wording) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 12:49, 20 June 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (12,950 bytes) (→'Jihad' against naked shorting - replace unsourced weasel wording with Cox quote) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 21:27, 13 June 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,890 bytes) (→"Dutch Auction" IPO - removing POV and subbing better quote from Wapo) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 23:11, 13 May 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (12,984 bytes) (→External links and sources - NPR interview) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:56, 12 May 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,891 bytes) (→References - removing tag as sources provided) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:56, 12 May 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (12,932 bytes) (WP:LINKS says blog by subj is OK -restore link to Byrne Blog - see talk for WP:LINKS cite) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:55, 12 May 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,824 bytes) (adding new material to lead paragraph, adding sources) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 22:42, 12 May 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,432 bytes) (minor edits, adding sources, removing personal blog as per WP:LINKS) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 15:09, 12 May 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (12,313 bytes) (adding new development) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 17:52, 30 March 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) m (→'Jihad' against naked shorting) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 17:50, 30 March 2007 Samiharris (Talk | contribs) (adding details on lawsuit, context) (undo)
* (cur) (last) 02:22, 30 March 2007 Piperdown (Talk | contribs) (→'Jihad' against naked shorting - add USC Law Prof quote) (undo)

samiharris - a spa account.

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~interiot/cgi-bi...n.wikipedia.org

Mainspace
66 Naked short selling
53 Hedge fund
37 Patrick M. Byrne
32 Overstock.com
17 Gary Weiss
17 Leo Melamed
17 George Soros
13 Pump and dump
10 Short (finance)
8 Chop stock
8 Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
7 Journalistic scandal
6 John J. Byrne
5 Securities fraud
5 Brian Hunter (trader)

Talk:
65 Gary Weiss
58 George Soros
36 Naked short selling
25 Patrick M. Byrne
23 Hedge fund
8 Matt Drudge
5 Judd Bagley
5 Overstock.com
4 Bill Moyers
4 Short and distort
3 Technical analysis
3 John F. Sandner
3 Short (finance)
2 Leo Melamed
2 Richard Mellon Scaife

User talk:
14 Samiharris
11 Piperdown
11 Jayjg
6 Mantanmoreland
4 Cla68
4 Eleemosynary
3 Quatloo/Archive1
2 Gregerusa
2 Christofurio
2 Michaelk
2 Crum375

Daniel Brandt
Is it possible that Samiharris is a sock of SlimVirgin? Take a look at this. The second post from the bottom is from a new, one-time poster named "samh."

I was PMed by someone at the old Wikipediareview board, and I'm fairly sure it was qwerty himself, that the IP address lookup on that samh post was identical to the SlimVirgin IP address, which was known at that time to be 70.64.45.10 — food for thought, don't you think? I think some "linguistic analytic skills" might be in order here. Remember this:
User:Dotan is him too. Zeph, what you have to understand is that long before anyone had check-user access, we had to work out who the sockpuppets were based on posts alone. That experience has produced exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills. I'd give it up if I were you. SlimVirgin (talk) 03:55, 7 May 2006 (UTC)

(That was from User_talk:Jimbo_Wales — curiously, the archive from that particular date is now missing from the archive list on User_talk:Jimbo_Wales)
Piperdown
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 4:15am) *

Is it possible that Samiharris is a sock of SlimVirgin? Take a look at this. The second post from the bottom is from a new, one-time poster named "samh."

I was PMed by someone at the old Wikipediareview board, and I'm fairly sure it was qwerty himself, that the IP address lookup on that samh post was identical to the SlimVirgin IP address, which was known at that time to be 70.64.45.10 — food for thought, don't you think? I think some "linguistic analytic skills" might be in order here. Remember this:
User:Dotan is him too. Zeph, what you have to understand is that long before anyone had check-user access, we had to work out who the sockpuppets were based on posts alone. That experience has produced exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills. I'd give it up if I were you. SlimVirgin (talk) 03:55, 7 May 2006 (UTC)

(That was from User_talk:Jimbo_Wales — curiously, the archive from that particular date is now missing from the archive list on User_talk:Jimbo_Wales)

I think samiharris is a student or faculty at Nortwestern University in Chicago, and has a some sort of personal relationship with mantanmoreland in meatspace. Whether he's an old classmate who stayed behind to teach/administer at NWU, or a young relative, or an old colleague, I don't know.

There was once an "oops forgot to login" incident imho at the start of one of sami's editing sessions on one of his assigned articles from a NWU ip. I've posted the diff before. I also posted it on WP, and sami was none to happy about it.

Someone should have performed a checkuser on Mantanmoreland vs Samiharris a long time ago, as their tag-team editing should have raised sock/meat puppet suspicions in any honest admin. I contacted some honest admins during my wikidaze, and after initial intent to investigate, they suddenly and tersely declined to pursue anything related to mantanmoreland's shenanigans on WP.

A closed circle cabal including Jimbo pressing down on you will do that, if you want to keep your adminship.

Good thing there are now gianos stepping up that don't cave in to liars.
LamontStormstar
Could Crum375 be Sami or another supected Weiss sock?
Herschelkrustofsky
In a related development, the Chipster is now taking an interest in the Gary Weiss article, denouncing The Register, and referring to Weiss' critics as "wankers." I wonder where he learned that word?
SenseMaker
I just wanted to point out that Jayjg, like Samiharris, used to like to protect the George Soros article from criticism, which I thought strange partly because George Soros is a significant critic of Israel.
Piperdown
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Fri 14th December 2007, 7:30pm) *

I just wanted to point out that Jayjg, like Samiharris, used to like to protect the George Soros article from criticism, which I thought strange partly because George Soros is a significant critic of Israel.

sami hooked up with jayjg through the slim-gary-jay WP support group. favours called in, favours done. back scratching fun.
Buster Capiñoaz
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Fri 14th December 2007, 7:30pm) *

Maybe, but he's also a chameleon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.