Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guy Chapman is Wikia's lapdog
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
thekohser
Once again, we see Guy Chapman protecting the Wikia, Inc. racket by erasing worthwhile discussion content, and blocking the author without any evidence at all.

This confuses the natives, but others are ready to step in and carry water for JzG.

Note how User:Corvus cornix makes sure everyone understands that User:Wikipedia Review was "banned by Jimbo Wales, no less", but fails entirely to mention that User:Wikipedia Review was also UNbanned by the same Jimbo Wales. On Wikipedia, you pick and choose what evidence supports your personal preference. That's how we compile "knowledge", children.

So, later on, we have another native wisely suggesting that all links to Wikia, Inc. from Family Guy pages simply be removed! But, less than two hours later, another Wikia, Inc. supporter suggests that the many, many links from Family Guy pages to Wikia are perfectly appropriate.

Now, I'm wondering what will happen to User:JayKeaton, since he brought up the whole subject of how "extremely questionable" the linkage to Wikia, Inc. is. Will he be blocked as a sockpuppet of Wikipedia Review? Will Jimbo send a loving e-mail to right this misguided fellow? Will the ArbCom review his past edits to determine a "tendentious pattern"? Anything is possible on the greatest web censorship project of all time.

I still laugh that Michael E. Davis owes somebody over $800,000 and a court found that he's playing games trying to hide that money from its rightful owner. What a perfect guy to have managing both the WMF and the Wikia, Inc. books!

Greg

badlydrawnjeff
The Wikia thing is really the completely unsung chapter in Wikipedia Oddities: The Compendium. I don't know how many times I hollered into the abyss asking why Wikia links were exempt from nofollow (when, truly, those were the only ones that should have been, the more I think about it) only to be mildly rebuked if responded to at all.

Highly, highly questionable stuff, and the coverup seems to imply other issues.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 10:49pm) *

I still laugh that Michael E. Davis owes somebody over $800,000 and a court found that he's playing games trying to hide that money from its rightful owner. What a perfect guy to have managing both the WMF and the Wikia, Inc. books!

Greg

Original Resear-earch! Original Resear-earch!

Jonny of Mayberry cool.gif
WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 8:49pm) *

Once again, we see Guy Chapman protecting the Wikia, Inc. racket by erasing worthwhile discussion content, and blocking the author without any evidence at all.

This confuses the natives, but others are ready to step in and carry water for JzG.

Note how User:Corvus cornix makes sure everyone understands that User:Wikipedia Review was "banned by Jimbo Wales, no less", but fails entirely to mention that User:Wikipedia Review was also UNbanned by the same Jimbo Wales. On Wikipedia, you pick and choose what evidence supports your personal preference. That's how we compile "knowledge", children.

So, later on, we have another native wisely suggesting that all links to Wikia, Inc. from Family Guy pages simply be removed! But, less than two hours later, another Wikia, Inc. supporter suggests that the many, many links from Family Guy pages to Wikia are perfectly appropriate.

Now, I'm wondering what will happen to User:JayKeaton, since he brought up the whole subject of how "extremely questionable" the linkage to Wikia, Inc. is. Will he be blocked as a sockpuppet of Wikipedia Review? Will Jimbo send a loving e-mail to right this misguided fellow? Will the ArbCom review his past edits to determine a "tendentious pattern"? Anything is possible on the greatest web censorship project of all time.

Greg

I do not envy Mr. Davis and the pile of hurt he is in, indeed. Having spent some time practicing law in Northern Illinois, and knowing what he is up against, he is not likely to ever escape the claws of the court system. Geographic cures do not work either. Judgment orders not in compliance carry interest penalties that increase at an alarming rate. He is toast unless he coughs up the money.

Usually it is the children that suffer; that is clearly not a good thing. In any event, I should think Jimmy Wales would be wise to investigate even his closest friends for any wrongdoing. unsure.gif
anthony
QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Tue 4th December 2007, 11:24pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 8:49pm) *

Greg

I do not envy Mr. Davis and the pile of hurt he is in, indeed. Having spent some time practicing law in Northern Illinois, and knowing what he is up against, he is not likely to ever escape the claws of the court system. Geographic cures do not work either. Judgment orders not in compliance carry interest penalties that increase at an alarming rate. He is toast unless he coughs up the money.

Florida is extremely friendly to people trying to escape legal judgments. In some cases even murderers who killed someone in another state have been able to escape to Florida and avoid paying the victims' families a penny - just ask O.J. Simpson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.