Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryulong rangeblocking Indonesian telecoms?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Ryulong
Bob Boy
What's the story here? (15 December 02:31 - 02:38).
LamontStormstar
Others have done that stuff to other ranges, too. They did that to one range in my city ant it was 9 - 18 months well I forgot how long it was but it was longer than Ryulong's.

This isn't to say Ryulong isn't a horribly abusive admin and all who deserves unspeakable punishments, just others have done these blocks for longer.
Ryulong
QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Sat 15th December 2007, 9:18pm) *

Gee. I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with this thread or this thread. It's like if I block a range, I do so for the hell of it, and there's obviously no reason. Wouldn't Wikiscanner (or whatever it is) be able to tell you this, instead of saying "zomg, he's abusing his tools" when I blocked ranges that were being abused and I blocked ranges as narrow as possible in order to prevent collateral damage.
Moulton
Blocking entire neighborhoods is an unsustainable practice that ultimately backfires. It's seen as collective punishment, which is widely viewed as an unethical practice. In the long run, it brings Wikipedia into disrepute.
Proabivouac
Digimon…Power Rangers wasn't too bad a guess.

They ought to put all these useless Pokemon/Power Rangers-type articles out of their misery.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Ryulong @ Sun 16th December 2007, 1:50am) *

It's like if I block a range, I do so for the hell of it, and there's obviously no reason. Wouldn't Wikiscanner (or whatever it is) be able to tell you this, instead of saying "zomg, he's abusing his tools" when I blocked ranges that were being abused and I blocked ranges as narrow as possible in order to prevent collateral damage.

It's like you're like totally 20 years old. Like totally.

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 15th December 2007, 8:51pm) *

Others have done that stuff to other ranges, too. They did that to one range in my city ant it was 9 - 18 months well I forgot how long it was but it was longer than Ryulong's.

Come on. Just because another person was more ridiculous cuts no ice with on the boy's behalf.

He's making an ass of himself. He's going to wind up in the press as some crackpot and mess up his job opportunities, while causing a delay in the better scandal articles that are backlogged. Why doesn't he go out an have some real fun?
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Ryulong @ Sun 16th December 2007, 12:50am) *

if I block a range, I do so for the hell of it, and there's obviously no reason.

"zomg, he's abusing his tools"

That's so true.
Joseph100
QUOTE(Ryulong @ Sun 16th December 2007, 1:50am) *

QUOTE(Bob Boy @ Sat 15th December 2007, 9:18pm) *

Gee. I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with this thread or this thread. It's like if I block a range, I do so for the hell of it, and there's obviously no reason. Wouldn't Wikiscanner (or whatever it is) be able to tell you this, instead of saying "zomg, he's abusing his tools" when I blocked ranges that were being abused and I blocked ranges as narrow as possible in order to prevent collateral damage.

Hello little man. Again, you seem to see your self as some kind of 20 year old Don Quixote.

Now, it would appear that wikipeida is having a bad time, these days, due to the money woos, the outward cash flow with less coming in and more coming out, with the big move and keeping the travel budget slush fund, in the black, as well as due to the nonsensical power tripping by JJ (Jimbo Juice) water boys, like you.

Any rate, Little man, your days, as a power drunk manchild are coming to a close, as wikipeida starts to implode, due to the malfeasances of people (Spineless critters) like you.

Enjoy the Jimbo Juice Cult, for the Juice Jug will soon be empty.

Cheers.
Moulton
Just a guess, but I'm sensing we're not quite ready to sit down and negotiate a treaty of reconciliation and peace here, as Schadenfreude Theatre is just getting to the big chase scene.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Mon 17th December 2007, 1:15pm) *

Now, it would appear that wikipeida is having a bad time, these days, due to the money woos, the outward cash flow with less coming in and more coming out, with the big move and keeping the travel budget slush fund, in the black, as well as due to the nonsensical power tripping by JJ (Jimbo Juice) water boys, like you.

Jimbo and others are saying Wikipedia is getting more money than ever.
LamontStormstar
Ryulong hasn't done any big rangeblocks for a while.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.