Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giano + Durova again
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
Peter Damian
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=184696617

Can someone explain the moccassin ref pls.
Samuel Culper Sr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=184596627

Is where she brings them up. Giano's commented-upon comments are in that section.

Wikipedia: Playing silly buggers.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Samuel Culper Sr. @ Wed 16th January 2008, 4:58pm) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=184596627

Is where she brings them up. Giano's commented-upon comments are in that section.

Wikipedia: Playing silly buggers.

Ah yes I understand.

[to Giano] A more gracious response would become you better.
[[User talk:Durova|Charge!]] </sup> 23:38, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
BobbyBombastic
I think she is trying to relate to Giano by saying she got treated unfairly by arbs (and perhaps the community) too, but she didn't edit war or "insult" them, etc. Giano is having none of this relating business, as he is still trying to improve a dysfunctional project he believes in, and commiserating with Durova or saying "yes Durova, you're right, I should have used secret mailing lists to further my goals" is not Giano's style nor does it forward his mission.
Castle Rock
Every other statement by Durova either involves someone walking in her moccasins, her walking in their moccasins, or just someone walking in someone's moccasins. It is easily one of the most annoying quirks I could imagine, besides her feeling the need to butt into every situation or debacle that occurs. Giano finally called her on it:
QUOTE(Durova @ ArbCom case)

As someone who watched five arbitrators affirm a decision to admonish me less than twenty-four hours after a case opened and before I had time to present half my evidence, I sympathize with the frustration. I've walked miles in similar moccasins, and I hope my involvement in the Physchim62 case is proof enough that...

QUOTE(Giano @ ArbCom case)

Now I suggest you put your well worn moccasins back on and wander off.

laugh.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Wed 16th January 2008, 10:40am) *

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=184696617

Can someone explain the moccassin ref pls.

The Cottonmouth Water Moccasin

(Agkistrodon piscivorus)

There is only one North American poisonous water snake - the Cottonmouth Water Moccasin! Not to be confused at all with its many nonpoisonous neighbors, this snake is a pit viper in the same general family as the Copperhead and the Rattler.

This dangerous semi-aquatic snake is truly an aggressive reptile that will stand its ground or even approach an intruder.
FORUM Image FORUM Image

Regional variations do occur, so never handle a water snake of any kind for fear of a nasty, bacteria-rich or venomous bite!

They favor lying dormant on logs, rocks or limbs at water's edge awaiting the telltale movement of approaching prey. It is characterized by a brown, olive or blackish dark body with lighter belly, and body crossbands which have a distinct border extending all the way around and across the yellowish stomach.

FORUM Image
Young, born live, are much brighter and often are most similar in color to the Copperhead, each with a bright yellow or lime greenish tail tip. These snakes readily vibrate their tails when provoked or approached and can make an impressive 'rattling' sound when placed against leaves, water, or solid objects. The older snakes tend to lose the obvious pattern effect and appear to be darker and bland colored. The triangular shaped head is evident even at rest, set off with distinct elliptical 'cat-eye' pupils and a dark facial line extending through the eye. Powerful jaws support this snake's habit of latching on during a bite rather than the quick strike and release pattern of its cousin the Copperhead.

QUOTE(Durova @ ArbCom case)

As someone who watched five arbitrators affirm a decision to admonish me less than twenty-four hours after a case opened and before I had time to present half my evidence, I sympathize with the frustration. I've walked miles in similar moccasins, and I hope my involvement in the Physchim62 case is proof enough that...

You know, I am surprised that I'm surprised.[b] But the woman is simply so ballsy to insinusate that she had no opportunity to reply. She spent a week ducking (or [DUCK]-ing), dodging, denying, and sending out emissaries to block anyone who pointed out what she did. Then she turned tail and resigend so as to avoid having to answer any questions. Which was a great strategy, as it gave her the sympathy card, and cover, that she needed to get out of that debacle.

But to claim she had no chance to present evidence? Bah. She had a full week after her resignation before the case was shut.
Poetlister
Contrast her to her victims, who were given no warning whatsoever before they were blocked.

Contrast her to her victims; when there was a debate about their block on WP:ANI, she summarily terminated the debate.

[Conflict of Interest; I am of course among said victims.]
Moulton
Justice for Maligned Water Moccasins!

That poor Water Moccasin was similarly afforded no opportunity to present its side of the case.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sat 19th January 2008, 8:43am) *

Justice for Maligned Water Moccasins!

That poor Water Moccasin was similarly afforded no opportunity to present its side of the case.

I also think that the nickname "Cottonmouth" for the water moccasin is something of a cheap shot.
wjhonson
QUOTE(Poetlister @ Sat 19th January 2008, 4:37am) *

Contrast her to her victims, who were given no warning whatsoever before they were blocked.

Contrast her to her victims; when there was a debate about their block on WP:ANI, she summarily terminated the debate.

[Conflict of Interest; I am of course among said victims.]

Please do not respond again unless you are wearing mocassins.
Also stop stalking, harassing and complaining about me.
You don't mind however if I stalk, harass and complain about you right?
Ok thanks. Refactor all previous comments you have made to include mention of mocassins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.