Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slim the Revisionist
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Kato
Slim begins to airbrush Larry Sanger's co-founder status of Wikipedia from the record on the Citizendium article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=185299850

There's some wonderful Newspeak exchanges on the talk page spotted courtesy of the folks at Wikitruth.

QUOTE(SlimVirgin)
It really doesn't matter when a dispute began. It now exists. I'm not suggesting that we write Sanger wasn't the co-founder. I'm suggesting we choose wording that avoids the issue entirely.

Quite frankly, if I were Larry Sanger and had been the co-founder of Wikipedia, the article would be the least of my worries, I'd be going about under the cover of night using Salmon Rushdie's old travel plans.
Amarkov
Jimbo (and Jimboites) repeat the line of "Sanger is not a cofounder" so incredibly much, I can't really blame people for assuming there's a good reason to believe that.
Moulton
Why does Salmon poaching keep coming up in these conversations?
Kato
QUOTE(Moulton @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:51pm) *

Why does Salmon poaching keep coming up in these conversations?

Ask the sole flounder of wikipedia, he'll tell you.
Aloft
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:47pm) *
Slim begins to airbrush Larry Sanger's co-founder status of Wikipedia from the record on Citizendium article.
Looks like there is some mutual back scratching going on. Jimbo needs help with his "co-founder" problem, and Slim needs someone on her side in the War On Trolls ™. How much do you want to bet that Slim's involvement in the co-founder issue is due to Jimbo posting something like, "I wonder if someone can help me with this co-founder deal" on a mailing list somewhere.
LamontStormstar
Slim got reverted http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=185949101

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=185951833

I think she's airbrushing the cofounder to suck up to Jimbo. I don't think she really cares other than that. Proof is that the reverter didn't get blocked.
tarantino
QUOTE(Aloft @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:57pm) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:47pm) *
Slim begins to airbrush Larry Sanger's co-founder status of Wikipedia from the record on Citizendium article.
Looks like there is some mutual back scratching going on. Jimbo needs help with his "co-founder" problem, and Slim needs someone on her side in the War On Trolls ™. How much do you want to bet that Slim's involvement in the co-founder issue is due to Jimbo posting something like, "I wonder if someone can help me with this co-founder deal" on a mailing list somewhere.

Slim's also spent some time edit warring with the hero-worshiping Squeakbox on the Jimmy Wales bio, and rewriting it on a sub page. Squeaky considers any mention of "Sanger as co-founder" inserted into an article as an act of vandalism.

From the draft
After Sanger publicly proposed on January 10, 2001 the idea of using a wiki to create an encyclopedia, Wales installed wiki software on a server and authorized Sanger to pursue the project under his supervision. Sanger dubbed the project "Wikipedia" and, with Wales, laid down the founding principles, content and established an Internet-based community of contributors during that year.

That sounds like a description of co-founders to me.

Note to Squeakbox- modern web browsers now incorporate spell checkers! You should check one out.
Kato
Eventually Jimbo's cult of personality will fade and he'll be ousted. At which point some new God-King will become known as the sole-founder, with a carefully crafted biography drawn up by elite Wikipedians to suggest so. Protected to the death by the mind-washed minions of the new Overlord.

Amarkov
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 21st January 2008, 6:36pm) *

Eventually Jimbo's cult of personality will fade and he'll be ousted. At which point some new God-King will become known as the sole-founder, with a carefully crafted biography drawn up by elite Wikipedians to suggest so. Protected to the death by the mind-washed minions of the new Overlord.

I'm not so sure of that. People insist that Jimbo is granted absolutely no special priveleges just because he's the founder. If they move on, they don't need to go to the trouble of rewriting history again; they can just come up with another reason that the new God-King should have his power.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:25pm) *

People insist that Jimbo is granted absolutely no special priveleges just because he's the founder.

Like when Jimbo banned Miltopia, blocked Zscout, etc?

Moulton
1. People want an orderly society.

2. People don't know how to craft a regulatory system that yields an orderly society.

4. People imagine that there is a God-King who does know how.

5. People vest power in a God-King who promises to craft an orderly society.

6. God-King discovers, much to his chagrin, that he doesn't know how to deliver on his promise.

7. People become disappointed and disillusioned with the God-King, depose him, and install a successor.

8. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
guy
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 3:25am) *

People insist that Jimbo is granted absolutely no special priveleges just because he's the founder.

He has a unique user type of Founder which gives him the power of a Steward without the bother of having to be re-confirmed like normal Stewards.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 6:22am) *

QUOTE(Amarkov @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 3:25am) *

He has a unique user type of Founder which gives him the power of a Steward without the bother of having to be re-confirmed like normal Stewards.

Actually when Jimbo declare something it's law pretty much. He only has to be cautious on some things. Oh and I hear from lots of people Gary Weiss bribed him.

Miltopia
I wonder if SlimVirgin makes her diffs hard to read on purpose.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 8:17pm) *

Oh and I hear from lots of people Gary Weiss bribed him.

I doubt that very much.
guy
QUOTE(Miltopia @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 8:41pm) *

I wonder if SlimVirgin makes her diffs hard to read on purpose.

I wonder if the Pope's Catholic.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 1:47pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 8:17pm) *

Oh and I hear from lots of people Gary Weiss bribed him.

I doubt that very much.

WordBomb can find out.
wjhonson
QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 22nd January 2008, 4:32am) *

1. People want an orderly society.

2. People don't know how to craft a regulatory system that yields an orderly society.

4. People imagine that there is a God-King who does know how.

5. People vest power in a God-King who promises to craft an orderly society.

6. God-King discovers, much to his chagrin, that he doesn't know how to deliver on his promise.

7. People become disappointed and disillusioned with the God-King, depose him, and install a successor.

8. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

You're an anthropologist from Mars, you should know that there's also something in there about eating the body of the God.
Moulton
Homo Schleppians have been recycling their deities since before Mithra killed the bull.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Moulton @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 5:34am) *

Homo Schleppians have been recycling their deities since before Mithra killed the bull.

… the rat dies …
… the bull lives on …
… and on and on and on …

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.