Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Said Kassem : Dialogicality
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Newsfood
Said Kassem : Dialogicality

Wikipedia and the Fragmented Mirror of Nature

"Unlike many previous attempts at capturing some truth about the world, Wikipedia has elected to not impose a prejudicial barrier preventing certain people from joining the process of creating knowledge fit for an encyclopedia."
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Newsfood @ Wed 30th January 2008, 10:39pm) *

Said Kassem : Dialogicality

Wikipedia and the Fragmented Mirror of Nature

"Unlike many previous attempts at capturing some truth about the world, Wikipedia has elected to not impose a prejudicial barrier preventing certain people from joining the process of creating knowledge fit for an encyclopedia."

Out flew the web and floated wide;
The mirror crack'd from side to side;
"The curse is come upon me," cried
The Lady of Shalott.

— Tennyson, "The Lady of Shalott"

Jonny Cache

Jon Awbrey said …

Thanks for this hilarious bit of "Cult Fiction". When you get ready to deal with the reality of what goes on in Wikipedia, instead of recycling their e-soteric religious tracts as quasi-journalism, please be invited to visit the good folks at The Wikipedia Review.

January 30, 2008 11:24 PM

Jonny Cache

Said Kassem Hamideh said …

As far as the empirical side of things goes, Mr. Awbrey (by the way, are you the famous banned sockpuppet abuser, John Awbrey?), you don't know what I know about Wikipedia. When my findings come out, however, you may need to comb through three years of talk page deliberations from a particular article on the Israeli Palestinian conflict before responding back.

January 31, 2008 12:34 AM

Jon Awbrey said …

Thank you for the preview of coming attractions. That makes for a more thrilling overture than all the pretty bubbles one can blow in the air — and though I would be the last to choose between Mozart and Beethoven I think that the age of the former has passed when it comes to the Wikipedia song and dance.

I can only hope that your probing of the facts in future will dig a bit deeper into the truth than your continuing echo of the Wikipediot hymnal has so far foreshadowed.

January 31, 2008 7:08 AM

Moulton
The characters in a drama each speak in their own voice, from their own idiosyncratic perspective. In general, no single character speaks in the voice of the playwright. Rather the play itself speaks in the voice of the playwright.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.