Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Larry Sanger : Citizendium Blog
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in Blogland
Newsfood
Larry Sanger : Citizendium Blog

Reactionary?

"From a blog post by Ethan Zuckerman, discussing a talk by Andrew Keen of Cult of the Amateur infamy:

[Keen is] a fan of Citizendium, the Larry Sanger project to create a wikipedia by leveraging experts; of Google’s “wikipedia-killer”, Knol; of Jason Calcanis’s hand-rolled search engine Mahalo. These projects seem deeply reactionary to me, like they’re missing the fundamental truth of the projects that they’re copying:"
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Newsfood @ Sun 3rd February 2008, 10:01am) *

Larry Sanger : Citizendium Blog

Reactionary?

"From a blog post by Ethan Zuckerman, discussing a talk by Andrew Keen of Cult of the Amateur infamy:

[Keen is] a fan of Citizendium, the Larry Sanger project to create a wikipedia by leveraging experts; of Google’s “wikipedia-killer”, Knol; of Jason Calcanis’s hand-rolled search engine Mahalo. These projects seem deeply reactionary to me, like they’re missing the fundamental truth of the projects that they’re copying:"

It's a little bit like saying that Six Flags Over Texasâ„¢ is "Reactionary" compared to Disneylandâ„¢.

Jon Awbrey
dtobias
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Sun 3rd February 2008, 12:18pm) *

It's a little bit like saying that Six Flags Over Texasâ„¢ is "Reactionary" compared to Disneylandâ„¢.

Well, one of the "six flags" originally referred to in this name is the now-politically-incorrect confederate flag. They downplay this by not showing any actual flags any more and just using a logo that has six generic pendants.
Cedric
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 3rd February 2008, 2:35pm) *

Well, one of the "six flags" originally referred to in this name is the now-politically-incorrect confederate flag. They downplay this by not showing any actual flags any more and just using a logo that has six generic pendants.

Interesting, particularly since the Confederacy had three different national flags in its brief existence. I wonder which one they picked originally?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Cedric @ Sun 3rd February 2008, 4:58pm) *

QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 3rd February 2008, 2:35pm) *

Interesting, particularly since the Confederacy had three different national flags in its brief existence. I wonder which one they picked originally?

Stars 'n' Bars

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.