Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TomStoner = Mantanmoreland
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
Piperdown
It's time to make some music
It's time to turn on the lights
To the MuppetPuppet Show tonight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Tomstoner

In all its concentrated glory. The talk page shows Mantanmoreland talking to himself (Fred/Arbs made Mantanmoreland put an admission to socking on his LastExit userpage, but TomStoner was allowed to ungracefully stop editing the same day, ne'er more to be heard from again.

Want proof?

Read the G-dett inquiry at the bottom of the talk page. There's a link to an edit. Read it carefully, who edited it on the diff, who edited that same paragraph before that, and what the edit summary says.

it's the edit that dare not speak its name on Wikipedia, hush hush and all that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=43586904

By the way, Fozzybear, Sami was the name of the Julian Robertson-AFD hatin'-lawsuit target's cat.

Forget just the Patrick Byrne-Weiss feud that predates Wordbomb on WP, he should have been banned for his COI, double sock voting, and whatnot on Julian Robertson related articles on WP.

Mark Devlin has to be amazed at what has occured with this COI, and the Premalot Jossi get out of COI jail and become its warden situation.

Where's Devlin at these days? Kato, ambush the man by jumping out of his fridge and get him back on the WR!

and more details for your trails:

Short and Distort - quite a blank and divert job by gary, eh? I edited the hell out of that article with good sources.

GW's tactic was to get AFD any source or blp I wrote that had any reliable sourced material in it that contradicted the premise of GW's book.

Investopedia - i used it as a source for short and distort (as well as books, magazines, etc).
Gary, who works for Forbes ironically [google "Varkala" and "Gary Weiss" and "mantanmoreland"], had Investopedia deleted out of spite. The irony is that Forbes bought Investopedia recently.

Max Keiser - I used a Al Jazeera report of Stock market abuses (NSS) as a source. So Gary/MM/SH hopped on his BLP like flies on shit. That AFD is a farce too.

Rosebud.....rosebud....varkala...varkala.....
Piperdown
Fozz,

regarding this on the subpage

Article history has been deleted today by User:JzG for being created by "banned user"—Piperdown. Looks like potentially abusive socking.

about short & distort.

As usual, JzG has not idea wtf he is talking about.

I did not create that article. It only had Investopedia as a source when I found it, so I added a half dozen reliable sources to it that specifically used that phrase and concept as the subject of articles/book chapters/etc

JzG is a dangerous distorter on WP. Some people need to wake up and smell the crazy.

And my "ban" has already been declared a farce on WP.

And all of my comments on WP matters will be made on W-R, and not super sekret emails. What happens on WP should be addressed on WP for all WP'ers to see, not just the EssEss members.
Piperdown
Well the Sooper Sleuths are buzzing over on WP, and much to the credit of some stand-up admins who are just as sick and tired of the same b.s. are many W-R readers are. May their magnifying glasses be half full and may JzG not get to delete all the evidence before they shine their lights around.

I have another quest for you all.

There once was 2 journalists in New York up for the same award.
One won an award.
One did not.
One went on WP and put up the other's BLP for deletion. One who has a history of WP as a tool for revenge. Julian Robertson, Patrick Byrne, Judd Bagley, Mystery NY Journalist Award winner, etc.

With which of his darned socks I don't remember.

Bonus points if you find who the one won the award ( not a barnstar, a real one), got his probably thin BLP AFD'd, and prolly found wikihistory written by the "winners" of sock contests.

Hard to keep up with the Mannymoresocks Proxy Show. I'd start with Tomstoner's history, he was AFD happy (Byrne for one).

any sleuthing done by people who already know the answers to these questions is not admissable in a kangaroo court, so you'll have to prove it yourselves and take the barnstars for it.

It will be tough. I actually don't remember exactly who the man was myself, just that I stumbled across it last summer, and forgot to put it on my subpage answer to MM's subpage.
Piperdown
oh here I go, answering my own quest, i can't resist.

Took a minute to figure out

Ladies and germs, I present to you a fella that won an award that both he and Mantmoreland were up for at the same time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=49960047

Looks like another rigged vote on Wikipedia, imagine that!
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Fri 8th February 2008, 1:33am) *

In this link he says "as per my nom", not merely "per nom". So he didn't mix socks up then.

This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=43586904

Well this is obvious proof of mixing the socks up.

That evidence is strong enough for someone to visit this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...ner&action=edit

And then put in this text:

{{sockpuppetproven|Mantanmoreland|evidence=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Personal_attack_intervention_noticeboard&diff=next&oldid=43586904}}

As it is proven by that diff.

EDIT: Somebody did it, but did it wrong. It needs sockpuppetproven, not just sockpuppet.
Nathan
But sockpuppetproven includes the text "..and has been banned indefinitely" which isn't the case.
LamontStormstar
There's over 1000 admins and none have the courage to block the account?

Hmm you know Samiharris did this kind of thing a lot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&oldid=53779059

Viridae
Before I say this - might I remind all that I am 1. saying this as a member of WR and 2. I want to see this resolved too, with the COI/sockpuppeting dealt with properly and forever

Can you guys please cool it a little bit. The more rhetoric from here, the more the anti WR crowd justifies their position of NOT dealing with this properly and the matter will not be resolved. Please keep it civil, and please keep it on WR not WP, for the sake of all those who wish to see this resolved properly.
Piperdown
How about a "constant stream of" Gary Weiss socks, Mantan and Samiharris

From my talk page (and I didn't insult or attack sami, ever. But he watched slimmy pull this shit for so long he had the act down well.

your constant stream of insults and personal atttacking terms.--Samiharris 22:11, 22 March 2007 (UTC)

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Drb...lair/Archive04/

I am not aware of Lutheran ministers being subjected to a constant stream of abuse by TV comedians.--Mantanmoreland 17:25, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
Piperdown
QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 10th February 2008, 5:23am) *

Before I say this - might I remind all that I am 1. saying this as a member of WR and 2. I want to see this resolved too, with the COI/sockpuppeting dealt with properly and forever

Can you guys please cool it a little bit. The more rhetoric from here, the more the anti WR crowd justifies their position of NOT dealing with this properly and the matter will not be resolved. Please keep it civil, and please keep it on WR not WP, for the sake of all those who wish to see this resolved properly.

If you find something that isn't true, than please correct those statements here. JzG isn't around to blank you.

If any serious adult human beings decide not to act on known miscarriages of justice because those who were on the wrong side of those miscarriages are vocal about and and eager to show it, while not being allowed to do so on the venue where it occurred, while repeat offenders get away scot free continually, then there is something wrong with that. I won't kiss the ring of any sort of corruption like that. Kissing ass is one of the biggest problems with WP culture.

There is ciivility and there is a culture of fear.

The "most powerful" admins have violated the former with abandon, and promoted the latter with glee.
LamontStormstar
SirFozzie merely semi-protecting it somehow made User:Tomstoner vanish from my watchlist. Very odd bug. Usually only fully protecting it does that.
One
I think Viridae just doesn't want anyone to think that WR is sieging Wikipedia. The analysis here has driven a lot of what's going on there, so there's no reason to pile on edits from off-site links. They hate that even when the site isn't WR.

The admins involved on both sides obviously have an eye here; I doubt this would be happening at all if they didn't.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(One @ Sat 9th February 2008, 11:09pm) *

I think Viridae just doesn't want anyone to think that WR is sieging Wikipedia. The analysis here has driven a lot of what's going on there, so there's no reason to pile on edits from off-site links. They hate that even when the site isn't WR.

The admins involved on both sides obviously have an eye here; I doubt this would be happening at all if they didn't.

Yeah it's not like we're trying to get people around the world to protest against some Wikipedia stuff on February 10, 2008 or anything.
WhispersOfWisdom
It is ever so abundantly clear that the super secret sleuthing at Wikipedia fails to
find and uncover the truth about the project, in and of itself.

In law, as is the case in real life, we often require “outside” objective, wise people to bring the truth to us, because of our inane ability to only see the forest; not the trees.

At the WP project, there are very few wise birds and that is entirely due to the way in which only the youthful or underemployed have enough time on their hands to run an empire devoted to same. Default to the mean and mediocre is my catch phrase as per WP, albeit, now, I often refer to the site as a pool of kids running ever closer toward the LORD OF THE FLIES screen play.

None of the carnage so pervasive at Wikipedia could ever survive for long at a real live corporation that is monitored by real law abiding citizens.

WR certainly is showing a positive net worth herein and the stock of WR is rising in my playbook. smile.gif
Achromatic
QUOTE(One @ Sat 9th February 2008, 10:09pm) *

It's interesting to note, though this is hardly the first time - just how many of the 'cabal/clique', and their more strident followers/apologists/hired goons - read WR just as devotedly as some of our most frequent posters do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.