Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good News: JzG up in front of ARBCOM
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
Kato
JzG has been ordered to ARBCOM to face charges that include making "an implicit threat of violence".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...arbitration#JzG

Unfortunately, John254, the editor making the accusation is one of the rare Wiki-regulars with even less credibility than Guy himself! Hence it will be dismissed. But not without the likes of Dan Tobias and others getting a few digs in at Grue-Zum-Guy's expense.

Digest the circus at your leisure.
Error59
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 11th February 2008, 11:01am) *

JzG has been ordered to face the ARBCOM to face charges that include making "an implicit threat of violence".

Unfortunately, John254, the editor making the accusation is one of the rare Wiki-regulars with even less credibility than Guy himself! Hence it will be dismissed. But not without the likes of Dan Tobias and others getting a few digs in at Grue-Zum-Guy's expense.

Digest the circus at your leisure.

JzG is incapable of being anything other than a dickhead, and will eventually be desysopped. There are a couple of users collating diffs on his various bouts of abuse and outright insanity in preparation for a real case. This could be seen as just a test run. Every little complaint will add up.

But this has been a great year so far. First MONGO gets laughed out of his RFA, then Weiss loses his favourite sock, then people start paying attention to Jossi's 4 year publicity job for Prem Rawat, and now Chapman seems to finally be losing the sympathy of all but the most rabid caballeros. Good stuff. The tide is slowly starting to turn but there's plenty of work to do!
Piperdown
forget the arbclown show.

This is where folks need to call out the tune on the nightmare that is JzG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...a68/RfC/Sandbox
Amarkov
I'm impressed. So far, three of the arbitrators were falling over themselves to point out that JzG was incivil, and that being incivil is bad. Didn't they reject the MONGO 2 case with something like "go away and stop making disruptive accusations"?
LamontStormstar
on the PouponToast talk page, people called JzG a "senior admin" or was it high-ranking admin. I don't think he's even a bureaucrat, just admin. JzG is a stressed admin who gets into all the controversial issues and this makes him more stressed and on edge, but not senior/high ranking. Bureaucrats are that.

The only exception is one that manipulates things behind the scenes like Minda Lack.
Derktar
For the record, this was an absurd opening based upon this single event, we all know that there is an abundance of evidence on which to base a case against Guy and this touches upon none of it. What is interesting is that John254 seems to delight in opening Arbitration cases, and is at least the fourth or fifth arbitration request I've personally seen him open in a few months, usually skipping steps in the "dispute resolution process."
thekohser
QUOTE(Derktar @ Tue 12th February 2008, 2:08am) *

...we all know that there is an abundance of evidence on which to base a case against Guy and this touches upon none of it...

Cla68 is working on a template that will go to town on Jzg. And it looks like User:Neil is helping out.

That's a pretty dirty and gritty Sandbox a'brewin' there.

Greg
badlydrawnjeff
Check his deletion logs, people!
Piperdown
QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Tue 12th February 2008, 3:15pm) *

Check his deletion logs, people!

As I compare and contrast BadlyScrewedoverJeff with Jzg, and I do have a bad habit of comparing and contrasting here per some very delicate flowers, what comes to mind is this.

While I don't fully agree with BDJ on to what extent WP should be a compendium of all things, I also realise that his view of WP is and should be is much more realistic to what WP is suited for, its zeitgeist, and what has and will make it "successful".

BDJ is what a good WP contributor is.
JzG is everything that is wrong with WP, with regard to its often well-meaning but ill-suited stars. With regard to what's wrong with the most devious of the devious on WP, he has nothing on his machiavellian wikifriends, who make him harmless in comparison. Even his new picture is scaring me away from WP. C'mon JzG, all of guys (Ok, 90% of us) love those bazongas, wear helmets on-road and when four-legging, and get really upset sometimes. While "fuck off" may not be as offensive in the UK as it is in the USA, like Americans go "huh?" when you tell them to sod off, you bloody tosser, it's just not the best approach.

Hey, hey, JzG, how many WP'ians have you scared away?
Amarkov
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 8:00am) *

While "fuck off" may not be as offensive in the UK as it is in the USA, like Americans go "huh?" when you tell them to sod off, you bloody tosser, it's just not the best approach.

I don't know if that makes it any better. I mean, if I go to the UK and accidentally give someone the bowfinger, a lack of knowledge that it is offensive might explain it. But I still had better be very, very apologetic.
Miltopia
Guy is retiring again, claiming that he is not as mentally stable as he thought (WHO'DA THUNK IT???).

So now he will edit with a sockpuppet instead.

I really think he's on a downward track as far as "stability" goes. I say with no humor that someone, like a family member or something, needs to intervene and get JzG away from Wikipedia.
Kato
JzG has admitted he has real life issues regarding clinical depression. They have been effecting his judgment for a long time and he should never have assumed the position of responsibility he has taken upon himself.

It has been disastrous for Wikipedia
It has been disastrous for numerous Wikipedia editors or people who just stumbled into his eye-line
And worse for Guy, it has been disastrous for Guy himself.

Guy's descent is one of the saddest stories on Wikipedia, and as usual -- I blame the the God-King who stands to profit from it...

...for not having the goddam balls to step in and order Guy to restrict his contributions to WP for his own good.

----------------------

Here's a really good old post by JohnA, written after one of Guy's many previous efforts to beat the harmful habit:

QUOTE(JohnA @ Tue 9th October 2007, 10:54pm) *

Looking at Guy's home website/wiki, I'd say he had a serious addiction problem. Rather than get the drug on the streets, he's decided to grow his own.

It's telling that he does not run his own wiki in the manner of Wikipedia, but instead controls content by controlling registration and an iron fist over content. This, I think, is a good definition of irony.

I don't think its Wikipedia's perennial vandal problem that has got to Mr Chapman - rather the effort-to-reward ratio was becoming rather high. Rather than ask a serious question of himself about why he is trying to feed a habit, he is externalizing the high effort/reward problem to others.

Also, and this bit is going to hurt Guy's ego but its true - nobody cares about whether Guy is "in the project" or not. The MMORPG of world history continues quite happily without him, and as long as people like him feel the need to dose themselves up with fatuous claims about participation in producing a "Great Encyclopedia" and pay money to the Foundation to keep it running, then Wikipedia will continue to suck time out of people's lives and give less and less in return.

Guy thinks he's somehow important, but he's not. He thinks we want to stalk him, but no we don't. In a year's time, no-one will remember the JzG account because other suckers/addicts will have arrived to take their place at their desks at the Ministry of Truth, and we're all invited to watch.
Error59
Yet still he edits - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/JzG

The sockpuppet mention was just a throwaway comment. I wouldn't believe JzG's talk about clinical depression for a second - it's all to garner sympathy and excuse his behavior. I wonder how long it will be before the nascent RFC Cla68 is preparing gets nuked under the smokescreen of 'kindness'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.